Clear Skies [C-rank]

compose a reply
Clear Skies [C-rank]Sept 29, 2022 14:25:39 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"clear skies".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

HELL VIEWING

The two of them closed in rather quickly, and once they were close enough, he would cease to send chakra to keep Daisuke around, and the bird would vanish in a poof of smoke, making the scroll fall to the ground. The man was alerted by its disappearance and started looking around, knowing trouble was on the way, and that was when Shigure leaped from the tree, landing in front of the man while waiving a single hand seal. "Shinobi?! He is preparing somethi... Ugh!" the technique had been casted the moment the man saw the hand seal. "Magen: Narakumi no Jutsu." he said, so that Azarea would be aware of the usage of his Genjutsu. The man would fall to his knees, seeing the horrible image of his allies lying dead in front of him, with him being the last one left alive. "Y-you.... Y-you k-killed them all!!" his tone was mortified, and fear was almost tangible.

With this man incapacitated, they just needed to take care of the other two who were on the way. Shigure lifted his fingers, and pointed to the two directions, and then headed towards the one to the left, leaving Azarea with the one coming from the right. They should be able to take care of them rather quickly, and the one incapacitaded by the Genjutsu could provide them the intel they needed to unveil their objectives.

With his incredible speed, Shigure closed in with the new enemy like a blur, and with a precise palm strike to the heart, he claimed his life before he even had a chance to react. The mission was nearly completed.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

C-Rank Mission [16/15]
Used genjutsu to incapacitate the one carrying the bird, then darted towards the other enemy and killed him with a palm strike to the heart
[]
[300 words]

Tech used:
NAME: Magen: Narakumi no Jutsu - [Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
ELEMENT: N/A
TRIGGER: Handseal (Sight)
DESCRIPTION:
Activated by the user seeing a handseal, the illusion begins with the user being quickly obscured by some material natural to the location and disappearing from sight once it clears. This material could be leaves, sand, water, etc. A somewhat slower burning technique, it is still quite effective as this is a genjutsu that reveals the fears that dwell inside people's hearts. Everyone has an image of the one thing they wouldn't want to ever see. This genjutsu is a technique that draws forth such an image from within the heart and has one mistake it for reality. First, an imaginary circle of leaves will spin around and envelop the target, falling away shortly after. After a short period, the illusion will begin. This is to make the illusion more convincing, since the user will likely have moved before the illusion sets in. If the mental image is a gruesome one, the shock will be accordingly great. [2 rotations max from start to finish]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Clear Skies [C-rank]Sept 29, 2022 14:50:54 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

No Trace

Tossing Shigure a nod of understanding Azarea flicked through a few handseals concentrating on her speed as she dropped into the earth before dragging the insensate made into the ground up to his neck. While he may have been caught in a genjutsu it was better to be safe then sorry and even if there were more around they were unaware of it would take his companions a few moments to release him. Satisfied with her handiwork the insect user leapt up into the branches making her way towards her second target. A large one armed woman carrying a rusty looking katana.

"Sorry. I don't feel like dealing with a mess today." Azarea admitted as the woman paused to blink up at her as her Kikiachu poured from her jacket flitting down from the tree to burrow into the ground. The woman jumping back fearing the bugs attack and bringing her just in line for Azarea's as she flicked through her hand seals firing a barrier bullet into the woman's neck. The bandit choking as she dropped her sword hand coming to clutch at her throat before the ground opened up beneath her and the Kikaichu dragged her down into the hole. Nothing left to show of the woman's existence save the rusty katana now laying on the forest floor. Leaping down Azarea took a moment to collect her bugs and heft the old weapon. It'd perhaps make good leverage for interrogating their prisoner as shouldering it she moved to meet back up with Shigure.

Name: Shinjuu Zanshu no Jutsu - [Double Suicide Decapitation Technique]
Chakra Usage: Low
Type: Ninjutsu [General]
Element: Doton
HANDSEALS: 2
Description
Shinjuu Zanshu no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu utilizing the Earth Element. The ninja will travel through the ground to appear below their target. They will then surprise their target by then pulling them into the ground. Once in the ground their target is thus immobilized. It should be noted that the technique can only be used over short distances.

NAME: Kekkai: Dangan [Barrier: Bullet]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: --
DESCRIPTION:

Compressing air into a very tiny barrier the size of a musket ball, the user fires it at great velocity towards the target, able to pass straight through a human body. However objects of higher density than it will certainly stop it, including certain thicknesses of wood, iron or steel.

NAME: Mushiyose: Ōchi [Insect Summoning: Recess]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Doton
REQUIREMENTS: Specialized
DESCRIPTION:
This technique can only be utilized by those with bugs capable of both aerial and underground movement.
By allowing a swarm of bugs to submerge into the ground, the user is able to maneuver and place them beneath an opponent as a trap. Once placed, the bugs can then rapidly emerge from underneath the opponent, consuming the ground beneath them and rising up to surround them.
The combination and suddenness is enough to cause an opponent to lose their balance with the ground under them suddenly disappearing while allowing the bugs to grasp onto the target and drain them.
While the rate at which the bugs are able to dig is dependent on the bug, this jutsu can also speed up their digging capability depending on the cost.
Bugs that attach to the target drain chakra at a [Low] rate.

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 255 |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Clear Skies [C-rank]Sept 29, 2022 20:43:00 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"clear skies".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

INTERROGATION ROOM

With the man's allies taken care of, the two would rendezvous back at the clearance where the incapacitated masked man was. Shigure looked at the Aburame and gave her a subtle smile and a firm nod. "You are good." he complimented her before focusing once again on their defeated enemy. It was time to extract some information from him. He was still under the effect of the Hell Viewing Technique, but Shigure wanted to be on the safe side. Waiving three hand seals, he uttered the words in no more than a whisper. "Magen: Kokoni Arazu no Jutsu." and for their target, the place would change from the clearance in the woods to a dark and intimidating interrogation room. The corpses of his comrades vanished from sight, as if he was just waking up from a long nightmare, messing up with his notions of time.

"Now you are going to speak. Who were you working with? Who were you leaking this intel to? If you ever want to see the light of day again, you better cooperate... Otherwise..." the Hyuuga paused, with a dead serious expression on his face as he grabbed a kunai from his leg holster and brought it dangerously close to the man's eyeball. "So?" the defeat, the painful images, and the intimidating room he thought he was in was enough to make him speak; he wasn't a trained shinobi after all, it wasn't that hard to make a thug like him to spill the beans.

The man would proceed to inform them that this was no highly organized operation. They were just trying to get some money from their enemies by selling any intel they could muster. The revelation was rather disappointing at the end, but at least they could find some relief in the fact that there wasn't anything major going on right under their noses. Once the interrogation was concluded, Shigure would glance over to Azarea and nod, indicating they were done, and then, he would give the man the mercy of a quick death with a kunai to the heart.

The mission had been successfully concluded.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

C-Rank Mission [18/15]
Used genjutsu for the interrogation room, ended the man's life once they were done.
[]
[368 words]

Technique used:
NAME: Magen: Kokoni Arazu no Jutsu - [Demonic Illusion: False Surroundings Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium [Low Continuous]
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
HANDSEALS: 3
TRIGGER: Entering Area of Effect (30m)
DESCRIPTION:
A genjutsu that allows one to trick others into mistaking the place they're in for another. This technique's main feature is that it can be cast over an extensive surface, therefore any and all who step into the illusion's area of effect will fall under the spell. That said, it might not work so well on people who are well-versed or otherwise skilled in genjutsu. [Is only effective once upon a target unless recast]
Clear Skies [C-rank]Sept 29, 2022 21:00:07 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Katana

"Don't," Azarea called out catching Shigure's wrist before he could slice the man's throat with the kunai. Instead handing him the rusted sword she'd taken off the thugs companion. "Use this. Kunai marks are too clean. With no sign of the woman they'll think the thugs turned on each other and she's still out there. Thus if they have allies it'll send them on a wild goose chase." She advises before stepping back to allow Shigure to do as he would with the weapon. The katana blade would not cut as cleanly nor give as painless of a death, but it was a death that at least for them would serve a more useful purpose. That was really all one could ask of a thug in this sort of situation. Whatever had driven the man to such desperations be it his past or former situations sadly paled in comparison to the loss of life certain information could lead to should it leak. Mercy was one that in this case could never be shown.

"We'll ditch the katana in the river on our way out. It's heavy enough they'll never find it with the sediment and muck." She adds taking the weapon once more as the two head out. Intent on disposing it. "Speaking of our mission. I was paid an interesting visit the other day. Do you know anything about a man named Hatake Toshizou?" Azarea questioned voice casual, but keeping half an eye on Shigure for a reaction.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 249 |
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Sept 29, 2022 21:00:44 GMT -5
Clear Skies [C-rank]Sept 29, 2022 21:07:47 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"clear skies".

HATAKE TOSHIZOU

Before he could use the kunai to end the man's life, Azarea stopped him, prompting him to raise one of his brows, but he quickly noticed the sword and that was a very good idea. With a quick nod, he grabbed it and used it instead, and the man's life was forfeit. Once the deal was done, they would start returning to the Hidden Leaf Village, for they had to report the end of their mission, and on the way, they ditched the rusted blade by throwing it into a river. "It was a good idea. I'm glad we went on this mission together." he said, with a rather satisfied tone in his voice. Then, Azarea continued on to tell him she had an interesting visit the other day and then revealed that the person who visited her was no other than Hatake Toshizou. Shigure's eyes widened a bit, and he hesitated for a second before nodding.

"I know quite a lot about him. He was on the same Genin team as my mother and are still close friends. He is quite well-known in the ninja world as the Demon of the Fleeting Blossoms. Why do you ask? Did he give you any trouble? He can be difficult..." he said in a more apologetical tone. Shigure and Toshizou didn't particularly get along, with the Hatake thinking that the Hyuuga was a bit too soft, but he was never too hard on him because of Shigure's mother. It also helped that Toshizou seriously disliked Shigure's father.

C-Rank Mission [COMPLETED]
N/A
[]
[256 words]
Clear Skies [C-rank]Sept 29, 2022 21:30:45 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Questions

"Despite my initial misgivings it's been... nice going on this mission with you." Azarea admitted because despite what she might tell herself there were things about Konoha she missed. Not the village itself, but some of it's people. Some of the rare decent parts of her life that had taken place there, but that time was over. The woman falling silent for a moment as she contemplates best how to respond.

"He didn't hurt me. Just threatened me a little, checked my papers, and played some mind games." She admitted and her answer wasn't too far from the actual truth. "The Hatake clan was practically dead when I was exiled so I was surprised to see they had a new head. He's got to be the only member at this rate." She quips with a shake of her head.

"He had the entire place practically crawling with ANBU."

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: |
Clear Skies [C-rank]Sept 29, 2022 21:42:52 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"clear skies".

THE DEMON

Shigure's smile widened when she admitted it had been nice going on a mission with him. "I'm glad to hear that. You are strong and capable, but you are also pleasant. I understand why you were unsure at first, believe me... Despite my personality, I don't come from a very healthy environment." he admitted, chuckling lightly in a rather bittersweet way. Then, when they changed subjects to speak about Hatake Toshizou, she explained he didn't hurt her, but threatened and played some mind games. "That does sound like him." he sighed, as his smile faded away and he shook his head. "He is one of the few members right now, but he has a couple daughters, one of them is an Uchiha though. Mom told me he was always sort of a heartbreaker of some sort. As for the ANBU... I... Well, I honestly don't know how... He technically retired from the ANBU, but I guess he can keep some privileges as a member of the village's council..." he said, pondering about it for a moment.

"Although... His men seem oddly loyal to him, and they dress up a bit differently. So maybe he was allowed to keep a division. But that's just my theory, anyways. Sorry you had to go through that. If it's any solace, he is not very fond of me either... Guess he tries not to antagonize me too much because of mom..." he shrugged, shaking his head again.

N/A
[]
[244 words]
Clear Skies [C-rank]Sept 29, 2022 22:10:12 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Suspicions

"Ain't that an understatement of the year. You know you should visit Kumo. We're much more laid back." She quips flashing Shigure a teasing grin as she elbows the man playfully in the side. She can only imagine the clans haven't really gotten much better as time has gone on.

Though his comment about an Uchiha does raise Azarea's eyebrows, "Really? I'm surprised he slept with one of those pinwheel eyes and lived to tell the tale. They're pretty notoriously prickly when it comes to outsiders getting romantically involved with their clan." Azarea quips letting out a low impressed whistle. "I can only imagine they locked him out of the compound and don't allow contact with the poor kid. Though maybe that's for the best. He didn't really strike me as a particularly loving Father." She admits careful not to allow the bitterness and spite to color her words as she shook her head.

"His ANBU were strange for certain, but... it's probably none of my business as a foreign nin. There are just certain things you don't pry into if you want to live a long life and other village's special ops is one of them." She quips with a shrug as she flicked through a few handseals her hair staining white and eyes silver once more as they neared the outpost they were meant to stop off at to report.

NAME: Henge no Jutsu [Transformation Technique]

CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low [Continuous]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None

HANDSEALS: 3

DESCRIPTION:
After performing the necessary hand seals, the user transforms their appearance to become that of another person, animal or even an inanimate object. This is considered one of the most advanced academy techniques, as it requires a constant emission of chakra as well as constant mental focus to maintain the transformation. Shinobi are limited to transforming into objects roughly their own size, preventing them from turning into a fly while being able to carry items far greater than their transformed state.

流人
Clear Skies [C-rank]Sept 29, 2022 22:21:31 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"clear skies".

CONVERSATION

Shigure nodded and the smile returned to his face momentarily. "I've actually been in the Hidden Cloud not too long ago. I went on a mission with a friend of mine, Daisuke, and the jinchuuriki. It is a nice place indeed. I hope to be able to visit it more often." he said. He assumed it was no secret that Kiho was the jinchuuriki, as she had revealed it to him during the mission rather quickly, then, as they returned the subject to Hatake Toshizou, the smiled faded away once again. "Well... They actually have a good relationship. Mom told me he is trying to make up for the lost time with his two daughters. I can't tell whether he is good or bad, but he seems to be trying at the very least, which already puts him in a better position than my own father." he sighed, frowning his brows a bit, as he felt the anger building up inside of him, especially for he knew the time to confront Urashi about his crimes was drawing near.

Azarea was right about Toshizou's black ops, however, and Shigure nodded, agreeing that dropping any discussion regarding that was the wise thing to do. The outpost was very close by, so the two of them would be likely parting ways soon, so he thought it would be a good time to ask for something. "Are you returning to the Cloud soon? I was wondering if we could perhaps train a bit. I think we could both benefit from training with each other, ya know?" he said, smirking with the corner of his mouth. "And you should try the onigiri I gave you. Not meaning to brag, but I'm a great cook!" he added, chuckling lightly.

N/A
[]
[293 words]
Clear Skies [C-rank]Sept 29, 2022 22:30:15 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Departure

Azarea catches herself before she stumbles as Shigure's words settle in. Something painful and bitter twisting in her gut as she silently reminded herself that it didn't matter. She didn't have a Father. She was just a passing disruption in this man's life. a life he'd clearly been living just fine before she'd stumbled in and ruined things. Like she always did. Her smile turning sharp and a little fragile as she offers Shigure a shrug. "I don't know. If the Aburame get too suspicious I'll need to bail quickly. Till then though I could spare some time for training. Only outside Konoha's walls or on the furthers outskirts though. It's not really safe for me to go deeper into the village." She offers as they two hand off their reports with Azarea giving her friend a two finger salute before departing.

"Just look for me at that Inn we met up at. You'll be able to find me easily enough and I'll be the judge of that onigiri." She assured him before heading out with a wave. Well her bugs would be the judge of half of it first before after a few hours she decided it was safe and inevitable ate the rest.

Justu Goes Here

流人