Like A Razor's Edge [Training]

compose a reply
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Sept 29, 2022 23:20:58 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Musings

Azarea paced feeling exposed without her usual henge, but with Shigure it hardly mattered. Hyuuga eyes saw all things and Shigure himself already knew what she looked like beneath her disguise. Sometimes she thinks he even vaguely recalls what she probably looked like before the scars and sickness. Back when there'd still been that spark of the will of fire in her eyes and she'd been like any other bouncing enthusiastic young shinobi of the village. Nowadays her eyes were dark with shadows and if looks could kill she'd have struck more then a few people dead.

But Shigure... sure he'd grown taller and more handsome, but he hadn't changed much from the bright eyed boy he once used to be. Maybe his intentions were a little bit more tempered, but the man he had turned into believed as fervently in his village, hopes, and dreams, as he did back when they were naïve kids yammering away in broken sentences about what they wanted to be when they grew up. As if them meeting one another meant they ever really had a choice. Letting out a soft derisive snort at the thought Azarea turned to lean against a tree on the edge of the small forested clearing she was waiting in for her training partner.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 215 |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Sept 30, 2022 10:33:42 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"like a razor's edge".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

GREETINGS

After their mission together, Shigure and Azarea had agreed to train, and once the paperwork for the mission report had been filled out and they had a day to rest, he was ready to fulfill that promise and headed back to the inn where they were supposed to be meet. He was more than eager to train with the girl. Sure, she was still a Genin, but he knew better than to just underestimate her due to her rank; many did underestimate him for being an older Genin as well, and they paid for it. As he approached the place, he could already see the red-haired leaning against a tree at the edge of a small forested clearing.

Shigure brought two lunch boxes with him, with food he had prepared himself; it is always good to have a nice meal after intense practice, right? And that was basically a no-brainer with the Hyuuga and his passion for cooking. With a large smile on his face, he lifted one of his hands to wave to the Aburame. "Hey Azarea-san! Excited for some training?" he said in a quite friendly tone.

He would carefully place the food beside a tree, far enough from them so that they wouldn't accidently ruin it. "I have lunches for us, for once we are done I mean. I hope you liked the Onigiri from before, but this is actually a decent meal hahaha!" he said, laughing a bit as he now started stretching his body.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Training
N/A
[]
[250 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Sept 30, 2022 10:49:54 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Fond Memories

The tension bleeds off of Azarea's shoulders as Shigure finally appears. The woman slowly relaxing to see her sparring partner here and alone and untailed. Her nerves somewhat on edge in the recent days since her past few less then friendly encounters. "The Onigiri was pretty good I have to admit. Who knew that your passion for making mud cakes when we were kids would blossom into actual cooking skills." She teased sticking her tongue out at him playfully as she jogs over to join him in stretching. The ex-Aburame much more lithe then Shigure given her focus on jutsu and genjutsu.

"So what did you want to work on today? I'm getting pretty good with my chakra control, but I need to fine tune it a bit more. I think you mentioned last time maybe wanting to work on your genjutsu escape prowess?" She inquires cocking her head at him as she worked through the kinks in the early morning light. The air about them almost peaceful in an idyllic sort of way that could never last. Soon enough the field would be a hive, pun intended, of activity. That thought giving her pause as she chuckles.

"You haven't seen my bugs since they were just little grubs either." She recalls her lips twitching into a smile at the memory of chasing Shigure around with them as a kid.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 230 |
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Sept 30, 2022 10:57:13 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"like a razor's edge".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE

Azarea got a good laugh out of Shigure when she mentioned the mud cakes from back when he had just joined the academy, and was finally able to see the world outside the walls of the Hyuuga district, where he lived for the first six years of his life, unable to go outside at all. "Right? Father hates that I do it... He says it's the job of servants, but I don't care. I find some solace in cooking." he admitted. He didn't have many leisure hobbies, but he knew the importance of those for his own mental health.

As he continued to stretch and warm up his body, the Aburame asked him what he had in mind for today, and then revealed that she needed to improve her chakra control, and Shigure's own desire to get better at countering Genjutsu. The Hyuuga nodded. "And that's exaclty where I think we can help each other out. I've been training genjutsu to better undestand it, as you could probably see during our last mission, but let's be real... I will never be a master of it. However, I do want to get better at breaking out of ir, and since you know more about it than I do, I could definitely use your help. On that same page, my chakra control is pretty amazing, and since I can see your chakra network, I can help you fix your issues and improve your control. A fair trade, right?" he suggested. Then, when she mentioned the bugs, he nodded in agreement.

"To be completely honest, I took a peak at them during our mission, Byakugan, you know how it is. But I would love to see them in action." he admitted.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Training
Warming up
[]
[290 words]
last edit by Hyūga Shigure on Sept 30, 2022 10:58:02 GMT -5
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Sept 30, 2022 11:52:13 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Old Friends

"All right then I could practice lessening the amount of chakra I use to perform each genjutsu and in turn you can practice sensing and breaking the genjutsu you are under." She suggests with half a smile as she finishes up her stretch and steps closer. Moving within reach of the Hyuuga for the first time since their mission. "Hold out your hand palm up like this and be gentle. They're strong, but they're still insects so you can hurt them pretty badly if you're rough." She explains reaching out for his hand to show him how to hold it out akin to feeding a horse as she coaxes a few of her Kikiachu out of her sleeves.

The little insects were tiny, with gold carapace and covered in white fuzz between the plates. Clearly having adapted to Kumogakure's slightly colder climate. The little creatures alighting on Shigure's hands as they fan their sandy gold wings as he realizes the spike like carapace on their heads can slide forward or back depending on if the tiny creatures feel threatened. For now though they scurry and doddle across his palm looking content and curious as he can feel them tasting his chakra akin to how a bee might sup at a flowers nectar. Seeming to memorize his scent and feel before letting out little chirping buzzes.

"They say they remember you. The boy that smelled like magnolia's." She explains translating for the little insects.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 243 |
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Sept 30, 2022 12:23:51 GMT -5
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Sept 30, 2022 18:44:45 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"like a razor's edge".

MAGNOLIA

"That works perfectly!" he responded with a firm nod. Then, as she approached him, Azarea gave Shigure some instructions on how to handle the insect and he listened carefully, opening up his palm to make it plenty of room for the kikaichu. "I will be careful." he reasured her as the veins around his temples popped out, activating his Byakugan, so that he could properly inspect the creature. "Such a nice colour, looks like they are plated in golden armour." his tone carried some awe and wonder. He was, however, surprised when she revealed what they were saying, and he blushed ever so slightly upon hearing he was the 'boy that smelled like magnolias'.

"Hahaha... I never thought about it, but I guess they perceive the world very differently from us. It's truly impressive. I'm glad my eyes allow me to see them in full details." he said, finally relaxing the veins around his temples, prompting his eyes to return to their dormant state. Shigure would keep the palm open until the kikaichu returned to Azarea, and once that was done, he would nod to her once again.

"Ready when you are." he said. Training to improve his ability to break out of genjutsu was something he deemed very important, as the art of illusions was still his main weakness.

Training
Inspecting the kikaichu
[]
[222 words]
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Sept 30, 2022 21:09:15 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Fog

"They have much sharper senses then the likes of us. You can carry on full conversations between hives, and the hives and their host though it's more in thoughts, images, and concepts then just words a lot of the time." She explains smiling fondly down at the little bugs. The red head had always had a soft spot to her hive. An Aburame to the bone even if she wished to deny the fact these days.

The Kikaichu would futz around a moment more until called back to their mistress as Azarea smiled and took a few steps back. "All right we'll start with some easier ones." She assures him knowing it was wisest to work their way up through the techniques. Forming the power handseals Azarea calls out "Kirigakure no Jutsu~" A favored technique of her former sensei and rapidly becoming one of her preferred smoke screens. As mist rose up from the grass and dew around them. As Azarea focused on threading as little chakra into the genjutsu as possible. Blanketing the entire area in a thick fog. Though to the Hyuuga's eyes it would look even stranger as the construct was made of purely chakra. Likely interfering if unintentional with his sight simply due to the heavy veil it formed causing it to look not unlike the actual blinding Kirigakure no Jutsu.

NAME: Keizokuteki Enmu no Jutsu [Continuous Fog Technique]

CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Low | To Maintain: Very Low

CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu

ELEMENT: -

HANDSEALS: 0

TRIGGER: Auditory

DESCRIPTION:

Developed as a genjutsu version of the hidden mist technique it allows for the same effects as the ninjutsu version with much less chakra utilized. The target seeing a thick fog or mist rising up to obscure their vision and even their hearing. Less experienced users of genjutsu usually leave it at this, but more experienced practitioners will add in the proper smells and even the damp feel of the fog to the target(s) senses. The technique is triggered by the user saying the techniques name; although they'll often render a handseal or two as well to make the target(s) believe it is actually a ninjutsu.

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 225 |
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Sept 30, 2022 21:29:43 GMT -5
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Sept 30, 2022 21:23:17 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"like a razor's edge".

SEEING THROUGH

It was definitely interesting to learn more about the mysterious and extremely versatile kikaichu, and Shigure paid attention to every word she said. "That is truly impressive. And together with their ability to eat chakra... They are indeed quite the asset." he said with a sagely nod. In any case, the time for talking had come to an end, for they had a training to get to, and once Azarea indicated she was ready to start, he frowned his brows, prompting his Byakugan to activate, so that he could use his eyes to identify the chakra coming from her, and any chakra affecting his whole body. The girl then started waiving hand seals, and looking into her chakra pathway system, he noticed that chakra was not being moulded yet, and that was odd.

However, the moment she spoke the name of a technique he was familiar with, that was when there was some movement in the chakra inside of her, meaning she was casting a jutsu. Knowing he would be facing genjutsu made it easier to look for the triggers, to be fair, but it was an interesting thing that she started with that. The chakra quickly moved towards his body and made its way into his brain through the soundwaves reaching his ears. Then, his brain started trying to show him images of a fog, but there was no actual chakra in the environment, except for what his brain was forcing him to perceive, but the Byakugan could still see clearly. "Interesting, but this is not the Hidden Mist Technique. An auditory trigger, I believe... There's something in my brain trying to confuse my sight, but my Doujutsu can see through it. But interesting... I think I will try to learn this technique. It is a good alternative, considering just how hard it is to learn the real one." and he immediately remembered Wahei, who had been held prisoner for merely discussing the possibility of learning that very technique.

"Kai!" he exclaimed as he broke out of the genjutsu rather easily. "As for my feedback, when you sent chakra out on the soundwaves, some of it dispersed in the air... Try to, when moulding, add just the minimal ammount you need. But you are quite close." he said, with a firm nod.

Training
Uses Byakugan to perceive the genjutsu, and uses Kai to break out of it.
[]
[397 words]
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Sept 30, 2022 21:39:26 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Earthquake

"You're correct in regards to the trigger and being an area of effect genjutsu it's much easier to break out of then most." Azarea agrees with an incline of her head as Shigure shatters the illusion. The woman feeling the hooks of chakra she'd sunk into his brain with her technique fading and fizzling out as his Kai overrode her grip on his mind. "Though I imagine having all seeing eyes probably gives you a bit of a leg up in identifying genjutsu." She admits her lips twisting in wry amusement as she considers what other techniques she could bring to bare against him that might work. Not many would sadly function with his sight intact, but the point was less to trick him and more to practice. Even if he could see the genjutsu if he couldn't escape it what good did the knowing do?

Threading her fingers through the seals for a doton jutsu Azarea decided to take advantage of Shigures said all seeing eyes. When one could witness the entire field avoiding visual genjutsu was practically impossible. As taking into account the fact with area of effect genjutsu her chakra would be spread thinner she tried to lesson the amount she poured into the technique to turn it into a fine web as she felt the jutsu catch and snag on Shigure. The earth beneath the Hyuuga's feet bucking and rumbling making standing on his own two feet near impossible. As the ground twisted and moved like a doton jutsu looking to knock him onto his butt.

NAME: Chikyū o Shifuto [Shifting Earth]

CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Medium | To Maintain: Low

HANDSEALS: 1

TRIGGER: Visual

DESCRIPTION:
Triggered by the target(s) seeing the user render a handseal, the technique begins by immediately causing the earth to violently shake. This, in turn, makes it difficult if not impossible for the target(s) to remain standing. Furthermore, the user is not affected which means that their mobility will remain unhindered unlike their target(s) allowing this technique to help bridge a gap between the user and targets that are more physically inclined.

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 260 |
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Sept 30, 2022 21:54:57 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"like a razor's edge".

LIMITS OF MY ABILITY

This one had been easy enough, but in reality, that was about the limits of his ability in regards to breaking out of Genjutsu. With the surface level of knowledge in regards to the illusory arts, he couldn't normally break out of more advanced Genjutsu, so he knew that the real challenge was about to begin. He nodded in agreement when she mentioned the ability the Byakugan had to help the user identify Genjutsu. "Since I can see chakra, and see through every barrier, I can see the chakra around us, what is being actually affected, and if there's foreign chakra in my body. This certainly helps, but knowing I'm under genjutsu is but the first step. Breaking out of it was where the real challenge lies." he explained.

Then the next one came. It had a visual trigger that activated the moment he witnessed her weaving the hand seal. It looked like an Earth Release was being used and it immediately made Shigure feel like the ground beneath him was shaking. His eyes allowed him to see that nothing was actually moving, there was no chakra in the environment, but only inside his own head. He fell to one of his knees and quickly waived the tiger hand seal. "Kai!" and the jolt of chakra he sent to his own brain was not enough to allow him to break out of this technique, meaning it was a more advanced level than the one before. "Crap..." he thought to himself, gritting his teeth and he struggled to keep his balance. "Think... What are my options?... I believe I will have to resort to pain..." he thought to himself, but something inside was telling him that there must be another solution. But what?

Training
Tried using Kai, but failed (can only Kai out of D-Rank or lower)
[]
[307 words]
last edit by Hyūga Shigure on Sept 30, 2022 21:55:55 GMT -5
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Sept 30, 2022 22:11:36 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Bloom

Azarea carefully regulated her control siphoning off just the barest amount of chakra as she watched Shigure struggle and come down to a knee. The Hyuuga fighting against the earth bucking beneath him as his brain told him one thing and his eyes told him another. The genjutsu mistress striding forward slowly to crouch down across from him as she narrowed her gaze her at her wide eyed friend.

'Friend...' The thought startled her. Was Shigure a friend? They shared a past, food, missions, and now training. Few people would trust a woman who spun illusion as her specialty so completely as to allow her to put them under willingly without question. So... she supposed they really were friends. As reaching out her lips quirked into a smile Azarea booped Shigure on the nose. Her own brow furrowed in concentration. "Come on Magnolia~ You gotta bloom sometime." She teases using her hive's nickname for the Hyuuga as she flashes him a smile.

"What is a kai after all if not just stopping the flow of your chakra? I thought Hyuuga were good at this chakra control stuff." Azarea jests poking gentle fun at her training partner hoping to spark an idea or gal him enough to break through his barriers as she waits patiently willing to drop the technique should he signal he's under distress.

NAME: Chikyū o Shifuto [Shifting Earth] (Sustained)
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Medium | To Maintain: Low
HANDSEALS: 1
TRIGGER: Visual
DESCRIPTION:
Triggered by the target(s) seeing the user render a handseal, the technique begins by immediately causing the earth to violently shake. This, in turn, makes it difficult if not impossible for the target(s) to remain standing. Furthermore, the user is not affected which means that their mobility will remain unhindered unlike their target(s) allowing this technique to help bridge a gap between the user and targets that are more physically inclined.

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 225 |
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Sept 30, 2022 22:20:22 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"like a razor's edge".

PAIN AS AN ESCAPE

While he was overthinking the situation, Azarea approached him and playfully poked his nose, making him smile, even though that was quick to fade as he struggled in keeping his onw balance. Her next words, however, gave him an idea, one thing he had considered in passing a long time ago, but never tried to put it into practice before. He had been lucky, truth be told, as he didn't face many opponents who were well-versed in genjutsu, and even when he did, during the Chuunin Exams, he managed to keep himself out of their range for long enough so that they would eventually burn out of chakra. "Indeed... But merely stopping the flow at the level I can do with this technique is not enough to rid myself of your chakra in my brain... However..." and focusing on the chakra he could perceive, he could feel it flowing through his pathway system, trapping him, distorting his perception of reality.

"Only the Hyuuga have the ability to control all of their tenketsus... If I can focus a burst of chakra from the tenketsus in my head, I may be able to get rid of this technique... At least in theory..." he thought to himself. Then, he decided to give it a go and sent out a burst of chakra towards his own head. "Ugh!" the genjutsu had been broken, but not because he managed to expel her chakra from his head, but because with the sudden burst, he injured his own head enough so that a thin line of blood came down from his nose, giving him a strong headache.

Shigure grimaced and touched his head with his hand, gritting his teeth. "T-that... Did't work as well as I hoped... I guess I just ended up injuring myself... In a way, it served the purpose of breaking the genjutsu, but this is not sustainable in a fight... However... I also noticed you were using more chakra than you needed to keep me trapped. You can do it with less, I'm sure of it, because some of the chakra there was not actually activating the technique... It was just rogue chakra... Did you notice that?" he explained, as he slowly got back to his feet.

Training
Tried to expel chakra, but burst injured his head, giving him a strong headache and a bleeding nose. Breaks genjutsu with moderate pain.
[]
[400 words]
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Sept 30, 2022 22:33:52 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Concern

"What the f%*# Shigure!" Azarea exclaimed as the Hyuuga cried out in pain breaking the genjutsu even as her control slipped in surprise. The woman reaching out to catch his head between her hands holding the Hyuuga steady in case he tripped or stumbled on his feet. "Don't try to move. Tell me carefully what did you do? We may need to get you to a medic." Azarea questions relieved he is at least responding even if her face is ashen with concern as she gestures that he should be sitting, or better yet laying, then standing as she helps steady him.

"Yeah I felt that not all of the chakra was suffusing your system like adding too much powder dye to water. With the unabsorbed bits remaining like grit particles in the air." She admits before shaking her head, "But that's not important right now. How many fingers am I holding up?" Azarea questions keeping him stable with one arm as she holds up two fingers. The thought of needing to drag an unconscious Shigure into the heart of Konoha was a foreboding one. With only unwanted questions stemming from why and how the clan heir had gotten hurt. However if his condition wasn't good there wasn't much Azarea knew to do other then check eye dilation and keep him steady and get him to help as fast as possible.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 231 |
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Sept 30, 2022 22:43:45 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"like a razor's edge".

MISCALCULATION

Shigure seemed a bit puzzled by just how concerned Azarea was, and that much as clear in his face. "I'm... I'm okay, just a headache, nothing crazy." he tried to explain, but she seemed way more alarmed than he was and mentioned that they may need a medic and he shook his head. "Seriously, I'm okay. I'm used to internal damage, I'm a Hyuuga after all... That's basically how we train. I just screwed up a bit on my idea... But I have an idea at the very least." he said, cracking a small smile on his face.

She responded to his explanation about chakra, and he was happy she was such a fast learner, he was sure she would have amazing control soon enough, and that he was just helping her fine tune it. The Hyuuga young man chuckled when she showed him the fingers and nodded. "Two, I told you I'm fine. I will explain what I did..." he started. "We, Hyuuga, are born with the ability to control every single one of our tenketsus, so I tried to see if I could send a burst of chakra to my head to expel your chakra, but I miscalculated, since it was my first time trying this, and I the wave of my own chakra actually hurt my head instead, and I ended up breaking out of it through pain. But I think if I train this more properly, I may have just found a way to help me break out of genjutsu." he explained, scratching the back of his head.

The pain was still lingering, as it would for a while, but he was used to that, and he needed to make her understand that. "Training with my father, I grew used to internal damage. This is a level of injury I can take, and I have a good friend who's a medic who I can see once we are done. But I still need to train some more. Please." he insisted.

Training
Explanation
[]
[334 words]
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Sept 30, 2022 22:54:49 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Abuse

As Shigure explained laying out in detail what he'd done Azarea's frown only deepened. The young woman's expression hardening into something sharp and cold as he mentioned how this wasn't so bad. That he'd had far worse training with her Father. His words reminded her of herself back then. Even half dead from poison she'd tried so hard to train and impress Riku. Terrified of being abandoned if she wasn't up to his standards to the point of pushing herself beyond the safe limitations of training. It'd taken the man shaking her and explaining more then once that there was a difference between training and torture. Forcing your limits before you were ready would do more damage then growing at your own pace. It'd been a difficult lesson to learn. More difficult still for Azarea to recognize the abuse she'd suffered at her own clan's hands.

"I promise to cast more genjutsu on you if you lay down, close your eyes, and take at least ten minutes rest." Azarea bargained doubting she could get more out of the oblivious Hyuuga, but hoping to mitigate the worst of the migraine and nausia the man would no doubt be feeling. "And Shigure... that's your brain you goof. If you hurt it bad it's game over and I don't want to be visiting my friend as a drooling husk in the hospital." She states voice firm. "So maybe don't overdue it too much. Did you ask your Father for this sort of training too?" Azarea questions suspecting she already knew the answer. No son nor daughter ever asked their parents to hurt them.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 270 |
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Sept 30, 2022 22:56:20 GMT -5