Like A Razor's Edge [Training]

compose a reply
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Oct 1, 2022 9:02:22 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"like a razor's edge".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

SOME REST FOR THE NOT SO WICKED

She insisted he needed to lay down for a bit and rest and he sighed and nodded. "I said it's not big deal, but if this will help you feel more comfortable I will." he said as he sit down on the grass and then laid down, staring at the clouds in the skies for a moment before he slowly closed his eyes. Azarea went on to say how dangerous it was to injure his own brain and he was aware of that. He had a miscalculation, as he had never sent a burst of chakra that way, but the concept was not wrong, he just needed to fine-tune it properly. "Sorry if I worried you. I never asked my father for this type of training, he believes Genjutsu is the weapon of the weak. The man can't see beyond his own nose, but I know someone in the clan who may be able to help me out." he said as the image of Hyuuga Hirohito came to mind.

The council member was well-versed in a wide range of jutsu, and potentially one of the only members of the clan who even had a deeper knowledge of genjutsu and how to fight it. And with him being a Hyuuga, maybe he could help Shigure polish the concept of what he was trying to do. "Next time we train, I will be able to actually show some progess. I promise. Especially because I assume by then, your chakra control will be completely pristine, uh?" he said, giving her a hidden compliment considering how close she was from achieving that.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Training
Resting before continuing the training
[]
[278 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Oct 1, 2022 9:18:56 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Questions And Musings

"I honestly think the only reason our Father's, well... my ex-Father and yours got along was because they were competing to one up each other for the title of 'biggest asshole." Azarea quipped with a soft snort as the woman shrugged off her raggedy leather jacket and dropped it half over Shigure's face. Shielding his eyes from the light in a rough sort kindness she was unaccustomed to giving. The fabric and leather smelling strongly of cherries, almonds, and that woodsy smell of a forest after the rain.

"And here hold out your hand. I've got an idea." She muses waiting till Shigure chooses whether or not to comply before taking the bandaged boys hand in her own gloved one. "Genjutsu at it's most basic level is when another shinobi's chakra interacts with your own. I don't have to put you under an illusion though for you to feel the interaction though it helps. Let's see if my control is up to snuff enough for you to sense when it's infiltrating your system without your eyes." Azarea suggests as she concentrates on tugging a thin thread of her chakra and channeling it through the connection of their hands. Brushing tentatively against Shigure's own.

"And about the Hyuuga..." She trails off gathering her courage. "Is... is Hyuuga Kyo still around? I know he... well I know he probably got in trouble because of what happened with me." He'd been one of the more promising branch clan members and surely would had risen through the ranks with time, but she didn't doubt the black mark of having her as a student had not helped his career or his progress within his clan.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 280 |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Oct 1, 2022 9:34:41 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"like a razor's edge".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

TRAGEDY

Shigure snorted and held a laugh when she mentioned how much their father's were assholes. She was not wrong, but in Shigure's mind, Urashi was now way more than an asshole, he was a traitor, one who was more than willing to have his own brother, his blood, killed just because he saw the man as an inconvenience. His complete disregard for the lives of the members of the Branch House was something that disgusted the young heir. He did chuckle when she threw her jacket over his face, and he didn't fail to sense the pleasant smell of cherries, almonds, and the rain. Then, Azarea said she had an idea. "Uhn?" the girl went on to explain to him how genjutsu worked on the most basic level, and even though he knew that as he had to teach that in the academy, he had never thought of such a training. "This is a great idea actually. Let's do it." he agreed, and by holding their hands, they established a physical connecting to channel the chakra.

As they did that, she asked him a question that made him heart feel tight. Sighing deeply, he decided she deserved to know the truth. "He was punished by my father with the use of the cursed seal. And although he didn't die at the time, it crippled him severely. A few months after that, he fell into a coma, and then he passed away a year after your exile. I'm... I'm sorry..." he said, with his tone unable to hide the sadness he felt. Despite his high position within the clan, Shigure cared deeply about the Branch house, and dreamed of the day they would be free from their chains.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Training
New approach to the training
[]
[291 words]
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Oct 1, 2022 9:52:09 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Grudges

Azarea swallows hard feeling the lump of emotion tightening her throat and for a moment she is grateful that Shigure's eyes are covered lest he see the flicker of devastation and resignation that weighs her down like stones tied about her ankles. Dragging her deeper and deeper down into the darkness, but defiance and spite are an age old light that burns even where hope gutters out in the endless night. "I see." She murmurs and finds she can't decide whether it's a matter of pride or tragedy that not a single tremble makes it's way into her voice.

"Squeeze my hand when you can feel my chakra." Azarea orders concentrating for a moment on the training at hand and the limits of her own control that must be overcome as she increases the amount of her chakra she threads through their hands. The Hyuuga's chakra is warm like thawing ones hands against a fire in fall. A burn to it more akin to cinnamon on the tongue and crisp hot cider drunk before it has cooled. It's a pleasant, but odd contrast to her own as the red head sinks her chakra into his network like claws.

"Kyo-sensei was a kind man. I didn't want to admit it, but I knew he was gone when I never received any letters despite enough time having passed for the heat from the clan to die down." She admits, the memory of the man a bit hazy with age as for the first of many times Azarea regretted that she'd not been allowed to take anything save what she had on her when she'd been expelled from the village. Her team picture likely languishing in a garbage fill somewhere if the Aburame clan hadn't outright burned it.

"Thank you for telling me." Azarea murmurs and adds another name to her mental list of grudges to cross out with her own hands one by one with time.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 324 |
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Oct 1, 2022 10:06:02 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"like a razor's edge".

CRAWLING

He couldn't see her face, and her tone remained mostly neutral, but he knew her enough to know she must've been fighting her own emotions. "I'm sorry I couldn't do anything at the time..." he reinforced his apologies, but since she wanted to focus more on the training now, he decided to let go of the subject until she was the one to bring it up again. Nodding to her instruction, he focused on sensing the foreign chakra without using the Byakugan, and that was much harder. Still, thanks to Tomomi's training, he had developed a very basic sensory ability and after a while, he noticed the invasive chakra and squeezed her hand, and he started to try and focus on his own chakra flow to ran his chakra past hers, to get a feeling of it, to be sure which tenketsus were the closest to the sources, and how to properly channel the chakra to expel it without it backfiring like it did.

"It's the least I can do... My original sensei was also a member of the Branch house, he was my father's younger brother, and more of a father to me than my real father ever was... He was punished for my failures and he also lost his life. I can understand how you feel." he admitted, just brushing over the story. "What happened to Natsuo and Kyo was wrong... And something I will not allow to happen once I'm the head of the clan..." and as he said that, the will of fire inside of him ignited intensely. His chakra flowed faster and stronger, and with a quick burst, he managed to expel Azarea's chakra from inside of his head using his tenketsus, this time without damaging his own head.

Maybe he had found the motivation he needed to succeed in this training, but he was also aware that expelling normal chakra was far easier than breaking a genjutsu. But just like a baby, one must learn how to crawl before they can learn to walk.

Training
Expels foreign chakra using a burst from his tenketsus
[]
[348 words]
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Oct 1, 2022 10:23:40 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Everything Stays

Azarea let's out a soft amused snort as Shigure's chakra burns hot expelling her own as she gives his hand a squeeze in encouragement or maybe reward. She's not really certain herself. Though it amuses and eases her to know that though everything has changed somethings still remain the same. "Ever the Samurai in Shining Armor." Azarea teases flicking the Hyuuga lightly on the nose. Because in little ways she remained the same too no matter how much she hated to admit it. That bright eyed fierce child she'd been back in the day not quite dead. Just buried under the scarred layers of reality. As chuckling the the former Aburame leaned back against the tree allowing her eyes to close and her ears to open to the sound of the wind. Half dozing in the early afternoon sun before they would inevitably open up those lunches and enjoy the rest of the idyllic day. A moment of respite before the trials to come.

As her fingers quietly spelled out a secret across her childhood friends palm. A dream she'd see come true through pain and blood come hell or high water. 'One day I will become the Aburame Clan Head.'

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 201 |
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Oct 1, 2022 10:24:44 GMT -5
Like A Razor's Edge [Training]Oct 1, 2022 13:47:15 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"like a razor's edge".

CONCLUSION

He slowly opened his eyes once he felt the chakra outside of his body and moved the jacket that was covering his face, looking at the red-haired lass and smiling at her. He chuckled when she called him a samurai in shining armour, and he shook his head. "Just fighting for what is right, for the will of fire, and for freedom. That shouldn't make me a hero, but just... Humane." he added as he thought about all the injustices and hatred that existed in this ninja world of theirs. If they wanted to break out of this endless cycle, they had to take matters into their own hands, no matter the price, for - after all - the price of freedom is steep.

Now that their training was over, Shigure had a lot on his mind, and he knew the perfect person to help him out with the rest of his training: Hyuuga Hirohito. With the aid of the council member, he was sure he could fine tune this ability to use the tenketsus to expel foreign chakra from his brain. As the two were ready to dig into their lunches, Azarea wrote something on his palm that made him smile and look back at her with a determine and confident look on his face. Shigure nodded at first and then said. "I will be waiting." and then, it was time to rest and enjoy the delicious meal he had prepared.

"Delicious!" he exclaimed after the first bite, as goofy as he was when he was but a little kid.

Training
End post
[]
[260 words]