hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 37 years old birthday october 13 rank jounin occupation raikage

shattered foundations
"through crisis, unity."

Three hours.

Three hours since a bird had flown in from the north, a report from a patrol doing a routine venture through the Blue Mountain range that a vicious earthquake had ripped through a section of the northern shore. It was a rural area with communities few and far between, but the tiny hamlet of Kikai was mapped right in the middle of what the report suggested was the area of impact. Surely the Daimyo’s directive would arrive soon, Kizumi had thought. Sancho was far closer to Kikai than Kumogakure, and the Daimyo would be more able to administer practical relief, but the shinobi forces could be utilized in the more heavily impacted, less stable areas. Right?

Three hours passed, and no letter came.

Fine, she thought, rubbing her forehead. Better to ask forgiveness, et cetera.

A handful of young shinobi were immediately available—most her own, but a couple of kids each from Konoha and Kusa were staying in Kumo temporarily while conducting joint operations, so she took the liberty of rounding them up as well, until a group of a dozen stood gathered at the northern gate.

"Right,” she said heavily, addressing the group. "Emergency mission—there was an earthquake north of the Blue Mountains. Apparently it’s hit the area pretty hard, but we don’t have a full scope of what the damage is. There’s a town of about five hundred called Kikai right in that area, and I need you all to go in and take care of as many civilians as you can.”

Kizumi’s one-eyed gaze quickly skimmed over the group, taking in the faces before her.

"It’s a rural community, so while most of the damage is likely going to be in the town center, there’s also farmland and homes in the foothills that will need support,” she said. "Split into two teams. Kiho—” her eye landed on the jinchuuriki, the most senior shinobi of the gathered group, "—you’ll be taking Eri, Shosuke, Hana, Okingshi, and Yakitsukeru to the northern edge of town. Secure the farmlands first before moving on to assist in the village center.”

Her mouth thinned as her warm crimson gaze flicked between Daisuke—her assistant, yes, but only a chuunin still and untested in a crisis—and Shigure, the most senior of their foreign aides. Barely a moment’s pause, but it was there.

"Shigure,” she said, "you’ll take Daisuke, Akihiko, Azarea, Sengo, and Koji to the southern edge of town where the elevation is highest. Move quickly, and move safely. With any luck I’ll be arriving with additional support from the capital before too long.”

In fact, Kizumi herself was outfitted to go—she would not be remaining in the village, but instead journeying to Sancho. Get the directive in person, right?

A grin tugged at her mouth, and her fist struck her chest in a salute to the gathered youths.

"We protect what is ours,” she said. "Move out.”

LINK TO MAP
[found on pinterest, i did not draw this lmao]

Team Two will be approaching directly from the south, in the pink shaded area. Rubble has cascaded down from the eastern and western cliffsides and demolished a number of structures; a number of the buildings seem to have caught on fire. You can hear the frightened, aggressive barking of dogs as well as cries for help and screams of pain.

First rotation posting deadline: 11/7/22, 00:30 HST
timezone converter

- All skills, weapons, and jutsu are allowed.
- Posting window will be strictly enforced. If a participant misses a rotation, they will be skipped. Whatever happened in the last post, if relevant to the skipped character, will happen to the character.
- A 24-hour extension may be given up to two times per member during the event, if the member contacts Tact.
- This event is death enabled and canonically takes place before the Fall 2022 Iwagkaure Chuunin Exams. If you are participating in both events, injuries or death that might occur during Shattered Foundations will significantly impact the proceedings of the exams in Kuwana.

Every rotation, a 1d6 will be rolled to see which Random Event impacts the vicinity of a team member. Another 1d6 will then be rolled to select that team member.

Every rotation, a 1d100 will be rolled. :)

The event will conclude when the entire vicinity has been checked by either team and at least 80% of Kikai’s population has been accounted for, either dead or alive. I will be keeping track of the net encountered civilians across both groups in each rotation.

If events between the two groups overlap, a tertiary thread may be created to merge the two groups and keep events consistent.
last edit by hirana kizumi on Nov 4, 2022 5:37:50 GMT -5
tactician has written 452 posts
[event] shattered foundations | team twoNov 4, 2022 14:58:52 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"shattered foundations".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

TEAM 2

Shigure had been in the Land of Lightning, helping the Hidden Cloud Village with some joint missions, when the incident had occurred. Call it luck, or fate, the Hyuuga would put himself at the Raikage's disposal to offer any assistance in behalf of the Hidden Leaf Village, further testament of how much they valued their alliance. As they were rounded up, he saw a bunch of familiar faces, people he had worked with before: Daisuke, Kiho, Azarea, and Kojirou, while others he was acquainted with such as Hana, Okingshi and Yakitsukeru, but never went on missions together. "This seems like a good group." he thought to himself.

The Raikage briefed them on the situation: an earthquake north of the Blue Mountains had hit the area pretty badly. As of now, they could assess how much damage had been caused, or the causalities. Kikai, the town that had been hit, had a population of around five hundred, and it was their duty to take care of them, making sure the injured would get treatment, and those caught in the debris were properly rescued.

They were to be split into two teams, and the first one was to be lead by Kiho. "Kiho-san, good luck. I know you will do a great job." he thought to himself, remembering how powerful and effective the Jinchuuriki was. Then, the Raikage looked at their direction, and then finally straight towards Shigure, prompting the Hyuuga to make sure he held a good posture. When she called his name, he promptly responded. "Yes, Raikage-sama." he responded, as the woman told him to take his team to the southern edge of the town, where the elevation was the highest. "You can count on us." he said with a short, yet formal bow. When the Raikage told them to move out, Shigure would nod and turn to his team.

"Alright team. My Byakugan can see unobstructed in any direction for four kilometres, so I will be taking the lead. Sengo-san, you are from the Murahira clan, correct? I want you to lend me your hearing. You will move in front with me. I will summon my eagles to scout ahead from above as well." he stated. "Azarea, I will count on your sensory to help me find the victims while we are there, and I will count on you, Kojirou-kun, to protect Azarea while she focuses on her sensory. Daisuke, I would prefer you at back of the formation, to offer protection to the team." he said, turning to the one person he didn't know. "Akihiko-san, would you mind telling me a bit about yourself?" and after the boy responded, he would give him an appropriate position in the formation. Then, waiving a set of hand seals, Shigure would slam his hand on the ground. "Kuchiyose no Jutsu!" he exclaimed.

From a poof of smoke, three Giant Golden Eagles would appear. They were as large as horses and entirely capable of carrying full grown humans on their back. "Convocation of Eagles, I ask for your assistance. Fly that way and scout the area for us. If you see anybody in need of rescue, you have my permission to do so. Please, be careful with the fire." he said, as he watched the area with his Byakugan, starting to head towards their destination at a moderate pace, so they wouldn't get surprised by any rock slides or other environmental hazard. "Any Water or Wind Release users among this group?" he asked, wanting to weight his options on how to deal with the fire.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Event
Issues orders, summons Convocation of Eagles to scout from above and help people in danger if possible, scouts with the Byakugan
[ ]
[603 words]

SA used:

『 BYAKUGAN 』

Like all members of his clan, Shigure also has the famous Byakugan as one of his signature traits. Naturally, Shigure’s eyes have a near 360 degrees field of vision around himself, save for a small blind spot at the back of his neck above the thoracic vertebra. His eyes are capable of seeing through most objects, giving him great perception of his environment, and making quite the challenge to surprise or ambush the Hyuuga when his doujutsu is activated. Having been seriously trained to develop his sight, Shigure managed to increase the range of his Byakugan to a respectful 4 kilometres range, which makes him quite the competent tracker in missions. His eyes also allow him to see infrared, through chakra barriers, discern clones from their makers, determine colour of someone’s chakra, and determine if a genjutsu is being used or not.

He is also very capable in his ability to see chakra, including the chakra circulatory system inside a person’s body, thus allowing him to easily identify the precise location of the tenketsus, which is paramount in the use of the Gentle Fist to its maximum capacity, power, and finesse. On top of it all, Shigure’s training and experience as a people’s person allowed him to add this insight to the power of his Byakugan, thus making him quite competent at reading people’s emotions. Therefore, when using his Byakugan, Shigure can usually detect if someone is lying through the impulses of their brain, heartbeat, and general body language. Moreover, when focused on an opponent, Shigure can even anticipate their reactions based on their muscles and body functions prior to the execution of an action.

『 ENHANCED CHAKRA CONTROL 』

Due to the intensity of his training and his overall style as a practitioner of the Gentle Fist, as well as his Hyuuga genes, Shigure was able to develop a level of chakra control that puts him above that of his peers, equiparing himself to those a rank higher. His level of control is remarkable and allows him to optimise the usage of chakra, avoiding any unnecessary waste while using his techniques. This ability gives him an edge on the battlefield, as he is able to use more techniques, with more frequencing, while also avoiding the draining effects of running out of chakra due to waste.

『 MOVEMENT SPEED 』

Shigure's speed is no longer solely restricted to his reaction speed in a fight; he can also move extremely fast. The Hyuuga can run at an incredible speed, capable of matching higher ranking shinobi. Keeping up with his pace is an strenuous task for those who are not skilled in close quarter combat, and to the untrained eye his movements will appear like a blur. If his opponents do not have superior reaction speed, they may struggle to evade him from closing in during battle, or from catching up to them in a chase. As consequence, he is also quite capable at retreating from combat, as few can match his full speed.

『 SUPERIOR AGILITY 』

The Hyuuga has improved his melee dexterity dramatically thanks to his intense training, dedication and hard work. His body learned to move with grace, no matter to which direction (forward, backwards, sideways), without straining his muscles, which are now capable of handling his body weight and swiftness in battle. Due to this, he can move around with near-perfect movement precision, making so that no wasteful movement is used, and his body moves at full efficacy. This allows him to move without any momentum, giving him an advantage in combat.

This ability, which helps him to maneuver without being hampered by his own body, makes opponents of similar level have a terrible time landing a blow on him.

Technique used:

NAME: Kuchiyose no Jutsu [Summoning Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low - Very High depending on summon.
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
HANDSEALS: 5
DESCRIPTION:
One of the most common and beneficial techniques in the known shinobi world. Simply drawing blood and releasing a mass of chakra from one's extended hand is capable of calling an animal or otherwise to one's location. As a Space-Time Ninjutsu, this technique is capable of instantly displacing an intended summon from wherever they may be to the requested location, though there are obstacles that can prevent this. To use this jutsu, one must first make a contract with whatever they are summoning, living creature or not. Both the size and the stamina of what a shinobi calls upon increases the demand of chakra they must spend to perform the jutsu.

Summon Information:

NAME: Convocation Of Eagles
ELEMENT: Fūton: Wind Release
TYPE: Giant Golden Eagle
SPECS: Taijutsu Sole

APPEARANCE:
Although they are fairly standard for the markings and coloration of other golden eagles, these eagles are much much larger than a typical golden eagle. Large enough to ride, it’s difficult to measure just how large these creatures are, though the average between them would be about the same size as a horse from foot to head. Their wingspan is also more than twice the length of their bodies, allowing them to carry things that would more than double their own weight.

PERSONALITY:
While the personalities of the birds vary from one to the other, they all operate in a highly coordinated manner, much like what would be expected of a pack of wolves. They are calm and calculating, never using an ounce more energy than they require. The group will typically work together to take down targets much larger than they would be able to on their own, though thanks to their size, it is not typically required to have more than two or three of them around for a take down. These eagles are also incredibly loyal to each other and their summoner, and will often put themselves in harms way to protect one another.

ABILITIES:

Birds of a Feather
As the convocation is made up of eight of these giant eagles in total, the summoner is able to call forth any number of the eagles they desire at a given time at the cast of their summoning jutsu. While this of course does cost chakra to summon each individual eagle, it would allow for the user to call multiple eagles at the same time to fight by their side.

Soar with the Eagles
Often used for their great size, these eagles are large enough to be ridden through the sky. They are often called upon for rescue missions, able to swoop down and pick up allies with their massive claws, or allow for their summoner to be granted a quick escape. It should be noted though, it does take a considerable amount of energy for the eagles to fly for vast distances while being ridden, and as such they typically cannot be mounted for more than 40 or 50 kilometers before they require rest.

JUTSU:
D - Fūton: Sutoraiku [Wind Release: Strike]
C - Hachidori no Odori [Dance of the Hummingbird]
last edit by Hyūga Shigure on Nov 4, 2022 22:45:28 GMT -5
Ren has written 1,690 posts
[event] shattered foundations | team twoNov 4, 2022 15:40:46 GMT -5
Kojima Daisuke
Step aside, don't make this any harder than it has to be.
Kojima Daisuke Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday July 20th rank Chūnin occupation Sage Apprentice, Raikage's Assistant

IF YOU ALWAYS WORRY ABOUT CRUSHING ANTS BENEATH YOUR FEET

'You're fuckin' kidding...'

Daisuke's brow tightened when Kizumi's eyes left his and she appointed Shigure to lead their squad after a noticible pause. Noticable to him, anyway.

'It should be me.' He thought, but of course, he really shouldn't have been too surprised. Shigure was a Jonin now, and a well respected shinobi with a handful more assignments under his belt than what was on Daisuke's record. He was the clearer choice, despite the relief operation being based in his home country. Despite trying to convince himself of those facts though, he couldn't stop himself from feeling both anger and dissapointment. Had it been anyone other than Shigure, or Kizumi herself, even being placed under Kiho's leadership the young sage would have barked back in protest. But for now, he'd simply turn his snarl to the ground and do his best to swallow his pride.

'A lesson in humility.' Daisuke thought to himself, knowing that's what Don'yokuna would have told him.

He'd soon snap himself back to reality, getting out of his own head as Shigure summoned his eagles to begin surveying the area. He didn't exactly agree with Shigure's orders for what he would do, but Shigure was a friend to him more than a leader. If for nothing else, that would convince Daisuke to keep his objections to himself. Mostly.

"If I may, Shigure.” Daisuke chimed in, full confidence in his own idea. "Let me go ahead. I can send wolves to scout the grounds, and let their sense of smell find what your eagles cannot from the sky. If anyone is trapped beneath rubble, Ichi and his pack can find them. Besides, did you forget? Suiton is my specialty. Let me take care of the fires.

Whether or not Shigure agreed with Daisuke's own assessment, he would at the very least summon Ichi and his pack of wolves and send them to work. With a quick bite against the meat of his hand, between his thumb and wrist, the young sage would slam his palm againt the ground.

"Kuchiyose no Jutsu!” He echoed, a puff of smoke bursting around him to slowly reveal the bodies of four wolves around him.

"Ichi, take your pack and make a round. Shigure has eyes in the sky, so we need you and your pack to find what they cannot. This is a rescue operation, so do whatever you need to to clear the rubble around here and gather the people of the village to safety. Go!

And with a quick nod of the lead wolf's head, the five darted off together and made way into the village, Daisuke soon moving to the first fire he could find to put out.

THEN YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO WALK

Temp By: Akira

SA’s Active:

Daisuke

Sea of Chakra - Chakra Reserves
Thrill of the Hunt - Enhanced Speed and Endurance
Will of Thousands - Enhanced Strength and Durability

Jutsu Used:

Daisuke

CHAKRA USAGE: High
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
HANDSEALS: None
DESCRIPTION:
One of the most common and beneficial techniques in the known shinobi world. Simply drawing blood and releasing a mass of chakra from one's extended hand is capable of calling an animal or otherwise to one's location. As a Space-Time Ninjutsu, this technique is capable of instantly displacing an intended summon from wherever they may be to the requested location, though there are obstacles that can prevent this. To use this jutsu, one must first make a contract with whatever they are summoning, living creature or not. Both the size and the stamina of what a shinobi calls upon increases the demand of chakra they must spend to perform the jutsu.

Summons: Ino, Oki, Gaara and Ichi

Matt has written 205 posts
[event] shattered foundations | team twoNov 5, 2022 1:39:26 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Shattered Foundations Round One

With the orders given Azarea fell in step beside Shigure as the group moved out the Kekai racing against the clock with their arrival. The scene that met them the sort that lurked within the nightmares of every shinobi or civilian's minds. The scent of smoke, earth, and death was already heavy in the air and the screams of the wounded or dying cut through Azarea like a knife. She was not unused to death. If anything one could say it was slowly becoming her specialty, but these were her people. No one hurt her people.

"I'm doton natured. By your order Captain I can pick out the chakra of anyone buried and flag their positions alongside you for the wolves, anyone else, and myself to begin digging out. I'll be a lot faster than just bare hands or paws as my technique takes minimal chakra." Azarea summarizes as she eyes the destruction before her and takes a deep breath extending her senses with Kagura's Minds Eye and struggles not to throw up as the waves of fear, pain, and panic from the mess of chakra signatures below washes over her.

"It'll be faster if I dig and someone else pulls them out. Do you think you can manage Kojirou?" Azarea inquires of her bodyguard for the task. As the Kumo nin working alongside Shigure works to flag where people are buried and then move to dig out any located survivors with Moguragakure no Jutsu - [Mole Hiding Technique].

SA
Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Jutsu
NAME: Kagura Shingan [Kagura Mind's Eye] [X]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu // Hijutsu
ELEMENT: N/a
REQUIREMENT: Chakra Control SA, KME or Sensory SA
DESCRIPTION:
This ability allows the user to find, sense, and track individuals through their chakra over vast range that exceeds ten kilometers. This is done by focusing and opening the mind's eye, though due to the low chakra cost many users keep it active often. The ability also extends to telling when a person is lying from the fluctuations in a person's chakra made from dishonest emotions or detecting if someone, including the user, is under a genjutsu. Also by focusing on a particular chakra, the user can perceive its location and movement with great detail.

Name: Moguragakure no Jutsu - [Mole Hiding Technique]
Chakra Usage: Low
Type: Ninjutsu [General]
Element: Doton
HANDSEALS: 2
Description
Moguragakure no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu utilizing the Earth Element. This technique allows the ninja to burrow into the ground and hide out of sight. This allows them to avoid attack or hide underground. This technique is commonly used to bury large amounts of explosives. It should be noted that the user can not travel while underground, they only may be in the hollowed out area made by the technique.

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 248|
Keen has written 1,221 posts
[event] shattered foundations | team twoNov 5, 2022 3:16:24 GMT -5
Honō Kojirou
I have an entire world filled with reasons to become stronger!
Honō Kojirou Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday March 17th rank Chūnin occupation Academy Instructor
Kojirou’s eyes were immediately fixated on Kizumi-sama’s. Those eyes of his demanded an explanation – not for the sudden summoning of their forces, for while Kojirou was fortunate enough to spend some time in Kumogakure, he… knew why he was here to spend some time in Kumogakure… yeah…

The village hidden in the clouds, and that was not meant lightly. Air felt a little thinner when one ventured higher up in the mountains, and perhaps the Kumo-nins’ famed endurance and stamina were due to these conditions. Still, there was another reason why his eyes were darting into hers as she laid out the briefing about the earthquake…

Raikage? Yeah, he felt like she kept that as some sort of secret from him. He thought they were friends! She didn’t even feel the need to reveal to him back in Kusa that she was the ninja leader of an entire, allied village! The nerve of hers…

Either way, it was actually quite tragic. Earthquakes were vicious forces of nature, and an entire village was on the brink of death because of it. It was obvious that Kojirou needed no more reason to give his aid. His cheeks were puffed with confidence air, his brows furrowed, and his fists clenched. He wasn’t afraid of foreign business anymore, and he wasn’t feeling any bit lonely despite being the only Kusa-nin in this team – he happened to be lucky enough to be in a team consisting of a certain Hyūga he’d met before. Good old friend Shigure-senpai! That meant that this mission would go smoothly!

Kojirou would listen to Shigure-senpai’s quick explanation about the plan; his Byakugan would cover a wide range, Sengo-san, with the fluffy ears (was that racist?), would provide with hearing aid to the others, and- oh, he didn’t know that Shigure-senpai could summon eagles! That wasn’t shown to him back in their mission…

Kojirou was handed the task of guarding Azarea while she would utilize her sensory abilities to locate survivors. He nodded quickly, then took a glance over at the redhead with a thumbs-up before following Shigure-senpai. Little did the swordsman know just how screwed the village was…

Upon entering the village right from the southern entrance, he witnessed just how critical and horrifying the earthquake had been. Debris appeared to have fallen off the cliffsides and crashed into nearby buildings, and there were screams calling out to them. Azarea was able to track them down, so upon being asked, Kojirou quickly responded: "In a moment, yes.” He had cut his thumb with his katana and performed a few handseals before slamming the ground.

Kuchiyose no Jutsu! The signature Jutsu of this mission.

Kojirou had summoned what appeared to be a young, muscular lion with a small, early mane and toned features. "Shūsuke! Thanks for the help, uh...” Kojirou commenced with the lion sitting proudly in wait of orders, "We’re getting people out of debris. Help Azarea here with the digging, and then pull as many survivors out to safety as you can – if you can smell any deceased ones, please keep count...”

"Understood,” Shūsuke responded, diligent and dedicated to aid in the digging with his Doton: Dochū Senkō [Underground Submarine Voyage]. Kojirou would then mesh some chakra for himself and follow Azarea’s leads, and whenever a location was pointed out by her, Shūsuke would gallop to the place and begin digging. Shūsuke’s nose, sharp as it may have been, was also distracted by the fumes of smoke on the surface and would be more useful submerged underground.

In the meantime, Kojirou would follow Shigure-senpai’s command and stay guard, making sure that Azarea could focus in peace.

CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low - Very High depending on summon.
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
HANDSEALS: 5
DESCRIPTION:

NAME: Shūsuke
ELEMENT: Doton
TYPE: Lion
APPEARANCE:
Shūsuke has almost reached the adulthood for a lion, sporting the beginnings of a shaggy russet mane and reddish brown fur. His eyes display a cold shade of brown, that show his experience, while the nose and ears are of a dark pink shade. His retractile claws are sharp and in the color of dark yellow. He is two meters tall.

PERSONALITY:
Shūsuke personality shows a blend of his youthful days and the current present. As the heir apparent of his father, he is very serious about his duties to the clan and to those that have signed the clan. His eager to fight, willing to prove himself in the field of battle against other lion prides and other enemies, but following the maxim of lions, he has a high level of teamwork and cooperation and is more than willing to fight with others. Usually polite, Shūsuke treats everyone with great respect.

ABILITIES:
Haste: Shūsuke is faster than regular lions, easily able to outrun his more feral brethren and their usual prey. This translates as well to some shinobi, as most would not be able to match his speed. This in turn allows him to be swift and decisive in battle, using his jaws and claws to his advantage.
Decisive Strike: Against opponents of his own level and below, Shūsuke is a dangerous opponent. With a calculating strike and following his warrior instincts, Shūsuke will seek out weaknesses and strike with a dangerous result.

Techniques:
Doton: Domu [Earth Release: Earth Spear]
Doton: Dochuu Senkou [Underground Submarine Voyage]

last edit by Honō Kojirou on Nov 5, 2022 3:18:55 GMT -5
Koji has written 364 posts
[event] shattered foundations | team twoNov 5, 2022 18:49:35 GMT -5
Murahira Sengo
Murahira Sengo Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday rank Genin occupation Genin Team 1

Sengo was enjoying a smoke as the village boss lady briefed them on there task on hand. The task helped steady him self for the task at hand. Once the tasking was done he tapped his pipe upon his hand expelling the cherry from his pipe.He didn't say anything he was here to help and he wasn't much of a leader type any way.   

Sengo would fall into position as they moved to where the needy needed help from the weird  earth moving events which plagued his home as of late. There boss for the time inquired if he was of the foxy clan he was apart of. The ears atop his head shifted as his giant fan which rest upon his back 
 "I spose Thats what they tell me. "  He quipped good naturedly as they moved.

When they reached the area Sengo's ears would shift as the group did there thing some one didn't sound happy with who the leader was. But Sengo did say a thing wasn't his place and a argument would waste time. Aza and Rou did there thing. when there boss for the moment asked if any of them Any Water or Wind Release users in the group. Sengo would answer "I specialize in wind but my moves are on the destructive side of thing's. If I may make a suggestion Boss man? I'm something of a nimble sort, Permision to help the summons? I'll keep a ear out for any shifts in the structures and mark them also." Sengo offered the Hyuga.       

266(words)     

dantlessknome HEX: #63a0c6 No notes!

dantlessknome has written 26 posts
[event] shattered foundations | team twoNov 13, 2022 8:56:56 GMT -5
hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

shattered foundations
"through crisis, unity."

Between Shigure’s Byakugan and Azarea’s use of Kagura Mind’s Eye, Team Two gets a decent initial surveillance of their surroundings. The town is roughly fifteen square kilometers in size and has approximately seventy buildings, though not all of these are homes; some are shops, smithies, storage houses, meeting halls, a schoolhouse. Immediately to the east and west are steep mountainsides, into which some of the buildings are anchored, and along these mountainsides are where the worst of the structural damage has been incurred; landslides and rocks falling from higher elevation have completely crushed some of the buildings. A river cuts through the center of town, the babbling rush of flowing water adding to the overwhelm of sound and sensation.

Shigure relays his orders: Sengo is to take the lead and use his hearing to help scout, while the giant eagles scout from overhead. Azarea is to use her sensory, with Koji acting as her bodyguard as she focuses; while Daisuke takes up the rear.

A lot of information is compacted into not a very large radius. Azarea gets blips of roughly three hundred civilian chakra signatures, in addition to the signatures of fifty or so animals, all accompanied by the all-consuming emotions of grief, agony, and primal fear. Shigure is able to get similar information, with the added visual chaos of demolished buildings, buried bodies, fleeing animals, and blazing fires.

Sengo, similarly to Shigure and Azarea, is accosted by an overwhelm of sound; the rushing water of the river an ever-present background to screams, cries for help, wailing babies, barking dogs, and the creaking of crumbling infrastructure. For all three team members, picking out specific information from the chaos will require intense effort and focus.
Shigure summons his eagles and is soliciting information from the group, considering his options on how to deal with the fires that have sprouted up across the town, when: [Random Event: Shigure!] The cacophony of barking grows louder as a pack of four wild dogs comes sprinting out of the center of town and toward Shigure. One is hobbling towards the back of the pack, clearly injured, but all are wild-eyed, frothing, and mad with fear and pain. The dogs lock onto Shigure as the first person in their collective line of sight, and in their panic, leap to attack to get him out of their way! [Random Scenario Roll: Stampeding Animals!]

The eagles, meanwhile, soar overhead, their keen eyes searching for places they could aid. While the smoke and fires of the burning buildings prove too difficult for the massive birds to navigate, their overhead view can provide invaluable information should they circle back to the rest of the team to relay it; and with their massive talons and impressive carrying capacity, each of the eagles can assist in pulling away the broken beams or larger stones that are blocking off the entrances to various buildings.

Daisuke summons Ichi and his pack of three wolves, who promptly take the young Sage Apprentice’s direction and head to the eastern side of the town’s entrance, their sharp noses and digging paws best suited to digging civilians out of the landslide rubble. Between the four wolves, they pull seven adults and five children out from the mess; two of the kids and three of the adults have died of suffocation, but the rest are alive with moderate injuries.

Azarea, using Mole Hiding Technique, with the assistance of Shuusuke’s Underground Submarine Voyage, are able to recover twelve adults and four children from the western side of the town’s entrance, all living and suffering from only minor injuries If Azarea switches between actively focusing on KME and using Mole Hiding Technique, she will quickly find herself becoming mentally strained from the sheer amount of sensory information bombarding her, but the precision afforded to her by KME’s active usage will be helpful in recovering more people and more quickly.

Koji, the faithful bodyguard, quietly observes Azarea and Shuusuke’s proceedings. As he watches, he sees that the living are largely grateful, thanking the group of shinobi for their help, but some are more delirious from their experience, groaning about their injuries, asking for water, asking for food, stumbling off once pulled free unless shepherded to safety.

Sengo, focusing on the structures, can hear the distinct splintering sound of a support beam of a home on the western side of the river. The home is thankfully not on fire, but the roof and one of the exterior walls is caved in. His chakra-sensitive ears, alongside information that would be available to him from the eagles, Shigure, or Azarea, make it known to him that one adult and three children are trapped inside the building—and it’s about to collapse!

Akihiko lingers by the entrance of the town, having not yet decided how to engage with the chaos at hand.

Team Two Citizens Located: 32
Total Citizens Located: 57
Total Dead: 6

[Random Event: Universal Roll]
After about five minutes of tackling their respective tasks, members of both teams feel a faint rumbling begin beneath their feet. Eri, with her tremorsense, is especially aware of this feeling, and after about five seconds it ramps up in intensity until it feels like the whole world is shaking apart beneath the collective shinobi’s feet. The town and farmland erupt in a fresh cacophony of screaming, the air thick with fear-sweat and rabid panic as a magnitude five aftershock rips through the region. Inside buildings, heavy furniture violently shakes, while already-delicate infrastructure that survived the first quake now shatters beneath the onslaught of its follow-up. The violent quake lasts for about thirty seconds, but even after the shaking subsides, people and animals are even more frightened than before. The inherent danger factor of the event is increased.

Players experience an immediate moment of danger based on their positions as of the last rotation. Take appropriate action to protect yourself, or injury to yourself or others may be incurred!

Shigure: The wild dogs attacking you are frightened by the sudden tremors, heightening their panic and rage, causing them to fight with a renewed, senseless fury!

Daisuke, Azarea, Koji, Akihiko, the wolves, the eagles, and Shuusuke: All of you are close to the mountainsides on the east or western sides of town or by the entrance; fresh landslides and cascades of rubble begin flying off from higher elevation, causing a veritable hailstorm of rocks and dirt!

Sengo: You are far enough from any immediate danger that the tremors make you unsteady, but do not put them in further danger! (You are able to assist other players in their danger moments, if you’re in close enough proximity!)

LINK TO MAP

| | | | |

Second rotation posting deadline: 11/16/22, 04:00 HST
timezone converter

- Posting window will be strictly enforced. If a participant misses a rotation, they will be skipped. Whatever happened in the last post, if relevant to the skipped character, will happen to the character.
- A 24-hour extension may be given up to two times per member during the event, if the member contacts Tact.
- This event is death enabled and canonically takes place before the Fall 2022 Iwagkaure Chuunin Exams. If you are participating in both events, injuries or death that might occur during Shattered Foundations will significantly impact the proceedings of the exams in Kuwana.

Every rotation, a 1d6 will be rolled to see which Random Event impacts the vicinity of a team member. Another 1d6 will then be rolled to select that team member.

Every rotation, a 1d100 will be rolled. :)

The event will conclude when the entire vicinity has been checked by either team and at least 80% of Kikai’s population has been accounted for, either dead or alive. I will be keeping track of the net encountered civilians across both groups in each rotation.

If events between the two groups overlap, a tertiary thread may be created to merge the two groups and keep events consistent.

OOC Note: I’m very sorry for the delay in beginning the second rotation of this event, and I really appreciate your collective patience with me here. In the spirit of transparency, I’m electing to maintain the 72 hour posting deadline because I’ll be taking a weeklong LOA to visit my parents over Thanksgiving, and I want us to make as much progress in the event as possible before that time. I hope to begin rotation three on 11/16 shortly after the deadline, and then to begin rotation four on 11/19. Rotation four will have a ten-day posting deadline, and I will begin rotation five when I come home on 11/29.

Again, I’m sorry for the wait, and thanks for bearing with me. Let me know in PMs or Discord DMs if you have any questions or concerns.

[event] shattered foundations | team twoNov 14, 2022 9:56:14 GMT -5
Honō Kojirou
Honō Kojirou Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
A heavy breath of relief at the sight of survivors brought back by Azarea and Shūsuke, Kojirou began keeping count… sixteen people in total. They were all alive and with small wounds, although he could clearly sense that some had been too astonished by the incident. Since the swordsman was new to such an event, he didn’t exactly know what he had to say in order to calm them down… but Shūsuke suggested that he lead them to safety, catching the attention of the survivors with the scenery of a lion speaking their tongue. "Stay close to me – we’re leaving through the entrance,” Shūsuke commanded them, making sure that they wouldn’t be hurt by any more falling rocks. If need be, he could obliterate lethal sizes of boulders falling down with Doton: Domu [Earth Release: Earth Spear].

Yet, after a few minutes, Kojirou could’ve sworn that his skin began to vibrate. It felt very odd at first, but the entire village was already under a constant state of shock, so maybe it was his genuine reaction to the whole ordeal. Yet, after that conclusion of his, it was revealed to be the ground itself that vibrated with such a tremendous power that it felt like the world was about to split in two.

That was when crackling sounds from above caught Kojirou’s attention. They were still very close to the mountainous precipices, and they were about to be rained down upon by rubble and dirt of ridiculous amounts. Azarea needed to concentrate, so his role as her bodyguard kicked in!

With 3 handseals, Kojirou pushed himself closer to Azarea due to the size of the Rubber Ball that burst out of his mouth. It started as a cloth of rubber that would surround the two, with just enough size to safely contain the two shinobi. This was Kojirou’s best act of defense. "J-Just keep focusing, I have your back.”

NAME: Yōton: Gomudama [Lava Release: Rubber Ball]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
ELEMENT: Yōton
HANDSEALS: 3
DESCRIPTION:
The user expels a large glob of lava from their mouth, which quickly solidifies into a hollow ball as big as the user, that can be used to protect an object by surrounding it with the durable rubber-like material. The properties of this substance mean that it can both absorb and dissipate the force behind a blow when struck, resulting in it either deforming or bouncing upon impact.
[event] shattered foundations | team twoNov 14, 2022 13:13:51 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Trust

The amount of focus her techniques required stole nearly every ounce of Azarea's attention, but with each person pulled free living and breathing she could not bring herself to believe the effort was anything other then worth it. Though the realization that she would be burning the candle at both ends leaving herself completely vulnerable if she chose to continue focusing solely on rescuing the civilians instead of defending her person weighed heavily on her shoulders. Staring into the faces of one of the children as they were lifted into their parents arms crying, but alive... it was an easy choice.

"I'll entrust my life to you and the team Kojirou for the sake of the People of Kaminari no Kuni." Azarea agreed focusing her attention entirely on shifting through the screaming emotions and chakra to locate the victims with Kagura Shingan [Kagura Mind's Eye] and then pull them out alongside Shūsuke with Moguragakure no Jutsu - [Mole Hiding Technique]. Trusting Kojirou to protect her from whatever threat came their way be it animals or falling rocks. The woman sticking close to Kojirou as she focused on her senses not even minding the barrier that went up around the both of them to protect them from impact. Following Kojirou's orders and indicators as she searched for more chakra signatures, more living breathing lives, to pull forth from the makeshift tombs of the earth. The woman finding a routine, scan, locate, lock on, dig, move, repeat. Knowing her teammates could be trusted to pull the victims out that she had unearthed and either guide them to shelter or call their summons to do the same.

SA's

Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria [Queen's Coronation Regalia]
A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques

DESCRIPTION:
This ability allows the user to find, sense, and track individuals through their chakra over vast range that exceeds ten kilometers. This is done by focusing and opening the mind's eye, though due to the low chakra cost many users keep it active often. The ability also extends to telling when a person is lying from the fluctuations in a person's chakra made from dishonest emotions or detecting if someone, including the user, is under a genjutsu. Also by focusing on a particular chakra, the user can perceive its location and movement with great detail.

Description
Moguragakure no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu utilizing the Earth Element. This technique allows the ninja to burrow into the ground and hide out of sight. This allows them to avoid attack or hide underground. This technique is commonly used to bury large amounts of explosives. It should be noted that the user can not travel while underground, they only may be in the hollowed out area made by the technique.

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 275 |
last edit by Aburame Azarea on Nov 14, 2022 13:14:36 GMT -5
[event] shattered foundations | team twoNov 15, 2022 12:44:00 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"shattered foundations".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

STEPS LIKE THUNDER

Shigure nodded at Daisuke's suggestion. "Very well. I trust you to know what to do." he said with a confident tone. Shigure knew that this was likely hard on Daisuke's pride, and yet, he was trying to be civil about it. On top of that, his suggestion was good enough so he had no qualms about it. With that being said, the group would head to their destination, starting the rescue mission.

With their incredible sensory capabilities, they managed to gather a decent intel on the surroundings, information they immediately shared with the rest of their team, going on about the details of the area of the town and the distribution of people, as well as indicating the areas where it had more structural damage. The situation was dire, but he was confident that in between his team and Kiho's team, they would be able to save most of the people.

But before Shigure could do anything else other than rely information, he noticed a pack of injured animals coming his way, a real stamped, aiming to get him out of the way. Well, he had a few different ways of dealing with that, and the simples of them, using Rotation, would mean that he would be injuring the animals, and he didn't want to do that. So instead, he would rely on his already incredible movement speed and agility, further enhanced by the use of the Thunder Step technique, to clear out of the way, letting the animals flee their merry way, while keeping his physical integrity. No need to make them suffer.

Should that work out, he would ask his eagles to report what they had seeing. "Good work, guys. Now, I need you to try and use your talons to pull away broken beams and large stones blocking the entrances to the buildings. Focus on clearing the way so the others can rescue people. I'm counting on you." he would say to the eagles, while also sharing with his teammates what they ahd seen from above.

Once that was done, Shigure would try to work alongside the eagles to save the people from the buildings they cleared the entrance from. Focusing on carrying people who were too injured to walk, while guiding the ones who could move by themselves, and/or also carry other injured folks. His Byakugan kept activated in order to alert him of any immediate threats. He was confident that his work, alongside the Convocation of Eagles would allow him to save a decent number of people, and fast.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Event
Uses Thunder Step plus already incredible speed to move out of the way of stampeding animals. Then works alongside Convocation of Eagles to save people from buildings.
[ ]
[451 words]

Technique used:
NAME: Raiippo [Thunder Step]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
DESCRIPTION:
The thunder step is a step beyond the wind step. The user will move their body even more faster than that in the wind step, and with their chakra, will cause their body to appear like "lightning" flying around the opponent in circles; there have been instances where the user has also appeared as a hundred sharp pieces of paper that fly around the opponent. This move is far more difficult to predict than the wind step and the user can launch dozens of attacks within seconds to quickly wear the opponent down. (tai primary only)
[event] shattered foundations | team twoNov 15, 2022 19:42:03 GMT -5
Murahira Sengo
Murahira Sengo Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday rank Genin occupation Genin Team 1

As the rubble which trapped the four civilians was moved. Sengo kept a ear out for any shifts in the area they where trapped while the eagles lifted what they could, once he saw there was a way to the trapped Sengo made his way into the building making sure to listen as he stepped for any shifts in the structure. What he saw helped reinforce Sengos faith in humanity. The adult had covered the little ones.

"Hey little ones, I know your scared." This came gently from the fox mans lips he was sure yelling would make them more scared. His soft hand reached out.  "If you can move come to my voice. While your getting to safety I'll Help your pa pa." That seemed to embolden the little ones as they made there way out of the rubble of there once home. Once the kiddos where free from harm Sengo made his way in. The man's leg seemed to be trapped. Sengos sky blues seemed to scan about looking for anything to help. A bit of rebar was found his vision. using the bar to free the mans leg Sengo's ears picked up the shift of the building, He needed to move or both of them would be underground lifting the man over his shoulder Sengo would make his way to the exit.

As he and the man made it out of the exit a dust cloud would make its self known from the exit. That was unsettling. Settling the man down near the three kids. A tremor would be felt underfoot. Luckly for him his chosen art of combat helped keep one on there feet. Sengo's ears would shift it was faint but this was a noise he heard before from his last mission. "Landslide!" He would yell for all to hear. Taking the giant fan from his back he would put him self between the slide and the four. Gathering chakra into his fan he would use the step skipping feature and release a blunt sickle weasel toward the slide. Hopefully buying time so some one could save the four civvies.             

362(words)     

dantlessknome HEX: #63a0c6 No notes!

dantlessknome has written 26 posts
[event] shattered foundations | team twoNov 16, 2022 12:53:52 GMT -5
hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

shattered foundations
"through crisis, unity."

Azarea is dedicating herself completely to her work despite the mental strain of constant KME activation, leaving herself vulnerable to the environment around her.

Thankfully, Kojirou is a dedicated bodyguard, so when the tremors of the aftershock start his Rubber Ball technique protect both him and his charge from the falling debris, the elastic material absorbing the impact of falling rocks while protecting the Shinobi encased within. Once the danger passes, the two are able to continue their work, which results in the successful retrieval of another six adults and five children—all alive, though with varying degrees of sustained injury.

Shuusuke, meanwhile, is escorting the survivors outside of the village and to the relative safety of the foothills. The lion’s use of Earth Sphere blasts through the largest of the falling boulders, preventing any fatalities, but the civilians the lion is escorting still take some bonks and scrapes from the smaller pieces of falling debris.

Shigure deftly avoids the pack of wild dogs without causing further harm, and with the obstacle in their path suddenly removed, the dogs continue on their forward trajectory and flee from town, barking all the while.

He works in tandem with the eagles to remove obstacles from broken structures and rescue the people within. Using this method, Shigure and the eagles are able to enter the collapsed schoolhouse, rescuing the one adult and eight children trapped inside. Unfortunately, one child suffered too many injuries in the initial collapse of the building, and has passed away in the interim.

Sengo’s gentle treatment of the frightened children gives them the courage they need to flee the building, an escape route cleared with the help of the Convocation of Eagles. After the kids were clear of danger, Sengo went in to help the injured man, successfully retrieving him from the unstable structure—then protecting the whole group of civilians as debris rained down from the mountains, and the long thirty seconds of tremors ticked by. The enhanced durability of Sengo’s giant fan coupled with the Sickle Weasel technique successfully protected

[Random Event: Sengo!] As the tremors of the aftershock end, it seems that Sengo and the civilians he is protecting have evaded the worst of the damage—when suddenly, another tumble of rocks comes rolling down the mountain towards the group! An especially large boulder is hurtling straight for Sengo! [Random Scenario Roll: Landslide!]

Akihiko, still lingering by the entrance to the town, is unable to move quickly enough to avoid the falling debris and takes a hit to the head from a falling rock. Thankfully it doesn’t hit hard enough to knock him unconscious, but he is dazed and bleeding from a head wound.

Daisuke, struggling to put out the fires on the eastern side of town, as well as his pack of wolves, are similarly assailed by the falling rocks, all taking varying degrees of bonks and scrapes from the falling rocks. Without any particular strategy to deal with the flames, they begin to spread, licking from the base of one home to the conjoined shop right next door.

Team Two Citizens Located: 43
Total Citizens Located: 100
Total Dead: 7

[Random Event: Universal Roll]
[Safe Roll!]

LINK TO MAP

| | | | |

Third rotation posting deadline: 11/19/22, 08:00 HST
timezone converter

Every rotation, a 1d100 will be rolled. (:

[event] shattered foundations | team twoNov 16, 2022 14:07:18 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Giving It Our All

So far they had been lucky. They were getting to the civilians fast enough that none were perishing from suffocation and most had not suffered from major injuries. How long that luck would hold though was anyone's guess as Azarea dipped her hand into her weapons pouch pulling free her fifteen Kizu Fūinjutsu [Wound Sealing Technique] Tag's as she handed the stack back to after the worst of the rocks had passed.

"Here," She mutters through gritted teeth as she focuses on her work. "These can't heal, but if we pull anyone out with severe gashes or injuries it can close the wound long enough to keep them from bleeding out until they can be air lifted to a doctor." Azarea explains as she focuses her attention on continuing locating trapped victims with Kagura Shingan [Kagura Mind's Eye] and then pulling them out alongside Shūsuke with Moguragakure no Jutsu - [Mole Hiding Technique].

"Use them sparingly. I can make more, but it'll take time away from what we're doing." Azarea explains trusting Koji to watch her back and know when to apply the tags when needed. The situation was dire, but with each living they pulled from the rubble her heart soared. Making the efforts worth the migraine growing behind her eyes.

SA's

Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria [Queen's Coronation Regalia]
A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
DESCRIPTION:

Description

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 214  |
[event] shattered foundations | team twoNov 16, 2022 19:23:27 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"shattered foundations".

SPREADING FIRE

Things were proceeding relatively well, expect for Daisuke and Akihiko. The first seemed to be having some trouble dealing with the fire, and it started to spread out, and Shigure grew concerned about that, while the second seemed to have been unable to avoid the falling debris and had been injured in the head. Shigure grit his teeth at that. "I can't have a teammate dying on me..." he thought to himself.

"Convocation, please, one of you move towards the entrance and rescue Akihiko. Move him out of harm's way and then come back. He is injured and may be in danger. Tell him that he is free to return once he assesses his situation and is in a good shape. Otherwise, as the leader, my orders are for him to stand down and out of the risk area." he said and one of the huge eagles would then head towards Akihiko to carry him out of danger before returning. "Daisuke! Do you need any assistance?! Can you water release take care of it?" he would ask his friend, giving him a chance to take care of the situation before deciding if he should intervene to help.

He noticed how Sengo had a boulder hurling down his way, but he had seen the Murahira in action before and if he had learned anything, was that they could move quite fast when needed, so he decided to trust on the man's reflexes and instead focus on the job at hand.

Continuing to work on the rescues, Shigure's Byakugan would access the areas that seemed more at risk, and then he would send his Eagles (2 of them for now, until the other one returned), to help take care of structures that were close to collapsing, moving them out of the way so that the Hyuuga could move in swiftly and aid people getting out of the risky areas.

Event
Sends one Eagle to move Akihiko out of harms way, continues to work in tandem with the other 2 to save people
[ ]
[337 words]
[event] shattered foundations | team twoNov 17, 2022 5:55:11 GMT -5
Honō Kojirou
Honō Kojirou Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
These sealing tags… Kojirou gave a brief nod in understanding what they were meant for. Hopefully, he could judge wounds well, for he only had a limited amount of these now. They could close wounds, though… so large, bleeding injuries could be closed by them. Burn marks or likewise scarred damage with less blood spilling could be treated at a later point, although the thought of leaving people in pain for a longer period of time just felt so sourly malicious.

Yet, it was the best he could do. He had to be strong, and so did the survivors.

The 11 survivors pulled up this time had different levels of injuries. Kojirou would heed to their demands as some immediately beckoned to be healed, in which he plastered one of Azarea’s Sealing Tags on their bleeding wounds. "This’ll stop the bleeding for a while. You have to leave the area now, before another earthquake comes,” Kojirou commanded them before watching Shūsuke rejoin Azarea in digging out more survivors. With Shūsuke occupied with that, Kojirou figured to use a Clone Technique to lead the others to safety... for he didn’t trust the elements of the village anymore. If they went out of his sight, then they could get hurt by falling debris.

Three handseals were formed before Kojirou pulled up a piece of dirt... that quickly took a liquid-like, tar form and molded itself into a copy of him. "... O-Okay, follow me, and keep your heads low. I can’t use Jutsus,” the clone of Kojirou spoke before leading the others to safety, albeit not as quickly as Shūsuke would have been able to. Therefore, the clone was far more cautious, with the life of those behind it on its shoulders now.

Kojirou, himself, kept guarding Azarea from the elements – if push came to shove, he could even use his katana to cut boulders apart. At least, he could try.

Technique Used:

NAME: Yoton: Nechi Bunshin no Jutsu [Lava Release: Tar Clone Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
ELEMENT: Yōton
HANDSEALS: 3 - Boar, Ox, Horse
DESCRIPTION:
Similar to mud based techniques the user concentrates their chakra into the ground while forming the 'boar,' 'ox,' and 'horse' signs. They then pull tar into a copy of themselves. Because of the density of this clone, it can take a couple of glancing or direct blows before being destroyed. Though the clone can do no damage with purely physical attacks.

If an opponent strikes the clone with their body or a weapon will become mired into the clone, causing much difficulty to escape. The clone can also wrap themselves around the opponent for maximum trapping ability. It has the ability to be used as a base and point of contact for any yoton techniques the user has within their arsenal. Along with being sticky, it is also highly flammable.