Ash and Lightning

compose a reply
Ash and LightningApr 5, 2023 14:12:20 GMT -5
Hatake Shinde
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hatake Shinde Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 7, -4 SD rank Chuunin occupation Kunoichi
It had been a while since she'd last met Miroru Uchiha. Of course, there was also a large difference since then too. She remembered their meeting was brief, but it showed in brief moments of time, lots could change. For one, Miroru was host of the Kyuubi. For Shinde, she was now the heiress of the Hatake Clan. Destiny had a really weird way of doing things like that to people. Coming to one of the training grounds in preparation for the third round of the Chunin Exam. Shinde had sought to train her instincts and reflexes, preparing for the worst of situations. She was fast, but now she needed a keen insight and ability to predict her opponent's actions in order to best capitalize. 

"Ohayo." She'd call out, raising a hand out when she saw the familiar girl. She'd gotten out of the academy fast, and now, here they both were, aspiring to ascend the ranks. "I was hoping you and I might get some training done together." Shinde called out with some hope in her voice. One of the weirdest thoughts was that Tokaku, her elder sister, was also an Uchiha. Wasn't that a wild thought? It made her think that it made a lot of sense to get closer to this group, especially as the young heiress began thinking more politically. She now had duties to fulfill, and with that, she wanted to drive the Hatake Clan to newer and greater heights. Especially if the clan was now her own, and she was to expand upon its legacy. 

That included training with others. Making bonds.

"To maybe show you some of my techniques as well. Like I promised. If you want to learn any?" 
dandead10 has written 307 posts
Ash and LightningApr 24, 2023 15:32:15 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 304 | notes
The Miroru that showed up wasn't the normally cheerful, bubbly girl who Shinde had known growing up, had watched work through the academy on her heels. There was an expression on her face that Shinde only might have seen when facing down the worst of the academy's bullies, fights she had always lost when Shinde had been there, too. But there wasn't anyone else here. Just her and Shinde.

She didn't even look Shinde's way when she called out a greeting. She simply approached a dummy and started beating on it with her staff. Shinde didn't get a response until she explained what she wanted. "Oh, is that so? You want to train? Show me some new techniques?" Raiton vibrated through the bloodwood staff, and her face narrowed into a grimace as she lunged, smacking the end of the staff against the dummy, which immediately began to crack and crumble around the point of impact as the blunt weapon sank, illogically, into the hardwood dummy.

"Maybe you'll show me the technique you used to kill all of Yaki-chan's FRIENDS." The dummy splintered out the back as the staff shoved through it entirely, finally pulled back through by the redhead as she whirled on Shinde.

"Do you even HAVE an explanation for that? For why you thought it was worth it to slaughter all of her friends in front of her? Just to win a stupid exam match? What the hell is in this for you that's worth taking them from her? You graduate a little sooner than you would otherwise?

Go on,"
the redhead spat, scarlet eyes finally fixed on Shinde.

"TELL ME."

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
Ash and LightningApr 25, 2023 15:18:49 GMT -5
Hatake Shinde
Hatake Shinde Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Blink. Blink. It seemed as if Miroru had grown a lot since they last met. Stronger. As she took forth her staff and ravaged the dummy before her. Then again, Shinde had too. She didn't know why her usually bubbly friend seemed particularly upset and angered. That was up until she mentioned killing Yaki's friends. "What?...I never killed anybody!?" Though, considering their snakish nature, and their seeming killing intent, there seemed to be a moment or question on if Yakitsukeru had many friends to begin with. They were well polite and quite kind, but they also seemed to have a lot of secrets to hide. Her appearance wasn't just the only part. Though, it took her a second to figure it out.

"Do...you mean her snakes?" If Miroru confirmed that, Shinde would wave her hands defensively in front of her. "I killed one. When they suddenly came out of her clothes and bit me in the second examination round with a Kunai! Hell. She killed way more of them than I ever did. Sending bombs flying everywhere." Shinde's eyes were confused, her arms crossed over her chest defensively. After some brief thought, they narrowed, and she huffed her cheeks defiantly. "Besides. Yakitsukeru tried to kill me. She literally told me she was going to kill me, and asked me to die when she sent her caltrop bombs. All because I exposed her face by mistake."

Yakitsukeru by all means was fucking dangerous. More so than anyone she'd ever really faced, and she'd faced some horrifying people. A bird cage metaphor genjutsu user. Then she got put up against the guy that ripped off Atagi's arms in the second examination. All of that was pretty damn scary to say the least. Though neither had hurt her more seriously than Yaki did. She had to go to the emergency room after that, to deal with both chakra exhaustion and some serious wounds. Burns. Cuts. The remnants of blasts. The sharp feeling of shrapnel ripping into her flesh and midsection. "Who told you I killed her friends? Even more so. Why would you think I'd kill anyone's friends?" 
last edit by Hatake Shinde on Apr 25, 2023 15:22:50 GMT -5
Ash and LightningMay 4, 2023 18:54:25 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 285 | notes
The pause between the initial response and realizing Miroru was talking about the snakes clearly almost set Miroru off a second time, but Shinde caught the connection just in time, limiting Miroru's reply to a chuffed breath through her nose. "Yes! Her snakes!"

She listened to the explanation, her frown still securely in place as Shinde laid down her side of things. "Oh, likely story. So I'm supposed to believe that Yaki-chan blew up her OWN snakes? Seriously? If you're gonna lie to my face, shouldn't it at least be a little believable?"

Oh, child~

The old fox creaked a titanic eye open beneath the surface of the lake in Miroru's heart.

She isn't lying. She doesn't have to. That's exactly what happened~ that foolish garden snake set her friends on the puppy and whined when her firecrackers blew them to pieces~

Without warning, Miroru's expression twisted from angry to confused. "I- wait, really?" Her eyes darted, lost. "But- Yaki-chan wouldn't. Those were her friends, she loved them. She wouldn't hurt them." She was less surprised about the rest, but that, to her, still tied into the loss of her friends- of course she'd gotten brutal when her friends all exploded.

To answer Shinde's questions, she frowned- pouted, almost, still completely befuddled. "I mean... that was the only answer that made sense... Yaki-chan wouldn't- I didn't think Yaki-chan would let her snakes get hurt. They're not summons, they won't just poof and go home when they get beat up... I don't- I don't understand..!"

MISSIONS
Ash and LightningMay 7, 2023 3:14:29 GMT -5
Hatake Shinde
Hatake Shinde Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Shinde understandably was a little bit more than offended by the accusations, and in those moments? She looked on with narrowed eyes. "I've never even met Yakitsukeru before the second round of the exam. Why would I go out of my way to kill her snakes? What makes you think I'd do something like that?" When Miroru mentioned that she didn't think that Yaki would hurt her friends, the Hatake girl proceeded to look at the Uchiha with an exasperated sigh. "I thought we were friends. I guess I was wrong." Sure, she wasn't exactly as close as she could be with Miroru considering she was picking up the pieces of her life after becoming an heiress to a clan, but...She did visit quite often.

After all, her sister was an Uchiha. Still, in those moments, she felt a little bit perturbed that Miroru would insinuate that much about her. Looking out to the dummy that Miroru so struck with an electrified staff just a few moments ago, she found herself stepping to the side. "...Honestly. I don't think she intentionally killed them. It was just kind of a...heat of the moment thing. Deep in the fighting." She didn't really know how to explain, but Shinde in these moments didn't seem really mad. Slowly looking to the dummies in question, she performed a few short handseals, opening her mouth as she exhaled a small amount of ash, of which seemed to fall into a pile before her mouth. Yeah. No. She definitely performed that technique wrong. She seemed to lack some experience on that regard. Though. She'd get to working on that.

Crossing her arms behind her back, she gave a somewhat exasperated look. Why did the Chunin Exams have to be so fucking exhausting? 
last edit by Hatake Shinde on May 7, 2023 3:15:41 GMT -5
Ash and LightningMay 7, 2023 4:10:43 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 322 | notes
"I'm not the one that went into a match with someone else from our own village and went hard!" Miroru called over, a bit snappish in response to the tone coming back her way. "It's like everyone else forgot it was a skill showcase and not an outright competition. Winning wasn't the point, it was putting yourself on display so people can see traits useful in a shinobi. And yes, I know very well she was on the same wavelength, but I don't get it from her perspective either, so save it."

Miroru stopped dead and turned around with daggers in her eyes. "Is that all it takes to get disqualified as a friend to the high and mighty heiress to the Hatake clan? QUESTIONING your unimpeachable self ONCE? You mean to tell me that if you saw me throwing bombs in a fight with my foxes, and one exploded, your VERY FIRST THOUGHT would be that it was ME that blew them up, and not the person with actual motivation to stop them from hurting her? And because I didn't have that same reaction, we're not FRIENDS anymore?!?"

Inside, the old fox cackled wildly. He hadn't needed to do a thing. Shinde had hit one of Miroru's quickest hair triggers- she'd presented Miroru's friendship as, essentially, worthless. Dropping the line "I thought we were friends" presented one of two possibilities- either it wasn't worth enough to be maintained if she wasn't going to toady for Shinde and agree with whatever she said, or it was worth so little Shinde was willing to hold it hostage to get Miroru to agree with her. Either way, being openly valued so lowly was one of the fastest ways to set Miroru off.

MISSIONS
Ash and LightningMay 7, 2023 19:25:49 GMT -5
Hatake Shinde
Hatake Shinde Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Miroru asked the question, and with it, Shinde took the liberty to tilt her head. "Think that if you want to." She says rather coolly. "You didn't question me. You're the one here, accusing me of killing somebody else's friends without confirming a thing with me or getting my side. You greeted me all angry because you already thought me guilty. That you didn't trust me enough as a person, never mind your friend. Isn't that wildly fucked up?" That was the truth, at least from Shinde's perspective. Shinde understandably was offended, a bit hurt even? She'd let Miroru think whatever the hell she wanted, because she wasn't going to sit there and explain that for eleven, almost twelve years, she was Iruhi Shinde, kid of a single mom with no clan background. As if her status mattered to her. She worked her ass off to get here. Miroru came pointing fingers.

"If you think that's the kind of person I am? I don't need to be friends with someone like that. Who cares if people question me? People can question me all the time, I'm not the most experienced. I know tons of people know better than I do. But you must think pretty low of me to treat me the way you did when we met up again." She didn't get any apology either for the mix up. Being called out the way she had. Having explained her line of thinking there, and calling out Miroru's anger and apparent decision to mark Shinde like that? She crossed her arms defensively over her chest.

"If you were a good friend, you'd at least apologize to me when you're wrong and got angry with me for no reason. So if you don't? Yeah. I don't want to be friends with you anymore. Go and kick rocks. I didn't even throw any bombs. She was the one that told me to go die as she blew up the battlefield and sent me to the hospital anyways."
last edit by Hatake Shinde on May 7, 2023 19:28:57 GMT -5
Ash and LightningMay 7, 2023 20:06:42 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 312 | notes
The more Shinde spoke, the more furious Miroru became. The sound of her hands tightening on the wood of her staff was audible- faint but clear, as Shinde continued on about what a bad friend Miroru was and turned it all around to declare Miroru was the one being an awful friend.

"Kick rocks. Cool. Okay." Miroru spat out the words like they were bitter on her tongue. "Let's just completely ignore the part where I asked if that was really what happened, explained how I came to that conclusion, and admitted I didn't understand what was going on. I listened when you explained. It was confusing, but I still listened. And your response to all of that was," - and here Miroru's tone cut sharp as she dropped the words Shinde had. "-'I thought we were friends. Guess not.' Took you seven words to throw out our friendship because I had a hard time believing that Yaki blew up her own snakes. THAT'S why you didn't get your apology over my confusion, because YOU THREW ME AWAY BEFORE I COULD."

The redhead turned and stormed towards the exit to the training grounds, yelling over her shoulder. "So here you go! SORRY I found it easier to believe that someone would blow up the snakes that were biting her over the person who's kept those snakes for years! SORRY AGAIN for not being very friendly to someone I thought I had seen murder my friend's pets! And MOST of all," she said, taking a deep breath to reload before the final salvo. "I'm SORRY I WASTED. YOUR. TIME."

She swept out the entrance to the training grounds, spitting out, "WON'T happen again."

MISSIONS
Ash and LightningMay 7, 2023 22:21:44 GMT -5
Hatake Shinde
Hatake Shinde Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Honestly? This was probably what people might consider a "petty spat", between kids, all things considered. Did Shinde like Miroru? Yeah. She still did. Was this probably a series of poor misunderstandings? Probably. So, as Miroru turned, spitting out the words out. Granted, what came next was an apology, granted, one that seemed more spiteful and sarcastic in its delivery. Obviously, Miroru felt frustrated. Probably a bit angry. Before long? Shinde looked on ahead, and before she could get much farther?

She might have felt a small chip of wood hit her lightly on the shoulder. "Oi." If she turned, she'd see the ash haired Kunoichi resting a hand along her hip. "Let's put this stupid stuff behind us." Honestly, it wasn't worth the bad feelings. Negativity, especially considering they had so much more growth they could be doing together. Stepping forward, she'd offer a hand out for Miroru to potentially take. Extending it outwards, remembering the feeling they had when they interlocked hands when they first met. The dango they shared with the red bean paste.

"I didn't mean what I said." She said with a deep sigh. "You just got me frustrated and riled up." Whether or not Miroru would take it or not was a different question. It was clear that this got riled up into some semi dramatic situation, and maybe Shinde was too quick to get offended. It was an honest mix up. A mistake, and this wasn't exactly the kind of career where you wanted to be on bad terms with anybody. Especially people you worked alongside. Shinde's sky blue eyes would soften, looking the Uchiha girl a bit more closely. Head to toe.

"You've gotten..." She tried to think about saying it properly, but found it kind of awkward to say. Trying to think about how to say it, looking at Miroru's fiery, kind of angry face.
last edit by Hatake Shinde on May 7, 2023 22:23:43 GMT -5
Ash and LightningMay 8, 2023 22:47:34 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 316 | notes
Most people absolutely would consider this a petty squabble- but those close to Miroru, small in number though they were, would recognize the raw nerve Shinde had hit. Miroru was a failure to her clan, unable to inherit the clan's kekkai genkai; she didn't excel at anything in particular, and as a result, she'd been abandoned by the clan's leadership, written off as just another nameless Uchiha who would amount to nothing. She'd been discarded by the high and mighty inheritors of the Sharingan, and here was Shinde, heiress to her entire clan, discarding her all over again.

The redhead stopped at the chip of wood, but she didn't turn back around. Her hands were clenched, knuckles white at the ends of her arms. When she spoke, it was tight. Whether she was on the verge of tears or restraining fury wasn't something she gave Shinde the privilege of knowing, keeping turned away from the girl.

"But you said it. And the only reason people have to say that is that there's something they value more than that friendship. It's- it's leverage, Shinde. It's always leverage. Only people who want something say that. They want obedience, or silence, or- or want to be believed. It says, "if you still want to be friends, YOU compromise." That's what that means."

She's quiet a long few moments.

"I -am- sorry I didn't believe you at first. But I can't-"

A low, seething chuckle in the depth of her being. Miroru shivered at that sound in her head. "... I can't train right now, Shinde. It wouldn't be safe."

Shinde's last comment finally got her to turn around a little, looking at her out of one eye. "Gotten... how?"

MISSIONS
Ash and LightningMay 10, 2023 21:49:52 GMT -5
Hatake Shinde
Hatake Shinde Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"Eh?...Miroru." She found herself looking somewhat confused for a second. "I don't want anything from you. I don't spend time with people because I want something from them." Shinde wasn't really that shallow. Which kind of told Shinde about Miroru's experience with friends. The redhead Uchiha seemed to look on with a greater look of hurt. Anger? Maybe she could understand. Frustration. Sure. This seemed like genuine hurt. In those next few moments, as she turned to look? Shinde slowly relaxes her shoulders, steps forwards, and with it, she tried to think about it for a few moments. Before deciding to speak her honest mind in a clear and upfront way. "You've gotten cute." Seven words nearly destroyed a friendship. Three words could probably do something a lot more powerful.

Assuming Miroru might have been a little shellshocked by the words spoken, Shinde'd reach out with her left hand, looking to rest it along the Uchiha's chest. Over the left side, so she could feel her heartbeat. "I'm sorry. It was wrong of me to yell at you and get upset. Because there's nothing to get mad over. It just meant that as a friend, I didn't spend enough time with you. For you to get to know me, so that you might have those doubts." Slowly, if allowed, she'd take Miroru's hands in her own, and with it, would get a little bit closer. Holding them softly, as she wanted to look her in the eyes. "I want you for you. Miroru-Chan." Radiating a warm and loving aura, she'd attempt to rest her forehead against hers. The two of them in a bonding moment. A small flush on Shinde's cheeks, considering it was essentially a confession.

"I want to get to spend more time with you. If you'd have me. Friendship's about compromise right?...So will you forgive me?"
last edit by Hatake Shinde on May 10, 2023 21:51:31 GMT -5
Ash and LightningMay 12, 2023 8:47:48 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@name | 407 | notes
Miroru didn't look relieved by Shinde's insistence that she didn't want anything from her. The insistence that she didn't spend time with people because she wanted something felt like an evasion. It didn't address the feeling that Shinde cared more about Miroru believing her than about their friendship, and even now, she still hadn't apologized for what she'd said, even after Miroru had.

The redhead held her ground, frowning faintly as Shinde moved in front of her, head left right where it was- inclined down a bit- eyes moving to track Shinde rather than her head itself. The frown scrunched up at the proclamation that Miroru had gotten cute- and her eyes blasted wide in shock as Shinde touched her.

She could feel Miroru's hearbeat. It was pounding.
She could feel her breathing, too. Quickening from a shocked moment of held breath to rapid, deep breaths.

Miroru could barely hear the apology. Her pulse was screaming in her ears. And there were louder words in her head.

She touched me. I'm still mad, I'm trying to leave. She TOUCHED me, I said I needed to go and she stopped me and touched me!

You see~? She still is not listening. You tell her how she hurt you. She speaks of other things. You tell her you must go. She decides you must stay. You say you need your space. She invades it. You say no- and she does not care.

I need to leave.

You need to teach her her place.

I need to go.

She needs to be corrected.

I don't want to. I need to be alone.

You NEED to PUT HER IN THE DIRT.

I can't do that!

YOU WOULD BARELY HAVE TO TRY.

As Shinde reached for Miroru's hands, the Uchiha flinched back, sweeping her hands up to haphazardly bat away Shinde's own as she stumbled backwards, hands flying to her face to grind her palms into her eyes as she missed a step and dropped to one knee, catching herself on clenched fists, dropping further, to her elbows, hands up to mash against her temples.

"No. No, no, no, no, no, nononoNO! Lea-LEAVE ME ALONE!" The redhead scrunched in on herself, hands lacing behind her head. "PLEASE!!!"

MISSIONS
Ash and LightningMay 12, 2023 9:04:40 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Hell Hath No Fury

All it took was the slightest whisper of acrid ash and burning ozone lingering at the back of Azarea's mind to set the crimson haired Kunoichi on full alert. The twisted scars that marred her throat, shoulder, left arm and side throbbing painfully with phantom agony. The minute traces of malevolent chakra that remained in the wounds reacting like her nerves had been once more dipped in molten lead. In that moment Azarea did not think, she merely acted. Her imouto needed her and anything between her and Miroru was about to have a bad day. Flying through the seals she shunshined. Flash-stepping once, then twice to blur the distance between herself and her destination as she ignored her screaming muscles.

As suddenly with a snap like thunder Shinde found herself face to face with a furious Azarea. Anger rolling off her in waves as she stared down at the white haired Hatake with cold eyes and murderous intent. Her fangs bared in a feral snarl and mane of crimson hair crackling with chakra from where she stood positioned protectively over Miroru's prone form. Resembling in that moment not Toshizou, but another Hatake. Kondou.

"Step away from my Imouto. This is your only warning. Should you approach I will resort to deadly force." The Kumo nin... no the Shinku no Shi snarled as she stared down the smaller girl like a wolf staring down a hare. Her stance languid and predatory with the well honed violence of a trained killer without a single ounce of hesitation. Secure in her knowledge that while every fiber of her being wanted to bend and scoop Miroru up and tell her everything would be ok, that the cavalry would be arriving at her back to do just that. Her place instead was to deal with the 'problem' that had put her little Imouto in this state in the first place.

SA's

Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria [Queen's Coronation Regalia]
A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
NAME: Kagura Shingan [Kagura Mind's Eye] [X]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu // Hijutsu
ELEMENT: N/a
REQUIREMENT: Chakra Control SA, KME or Sensory SA
DESCRIPTION:
This ability allows the user to find, sense, and track individuals through their chakra over vast range that exceeds ten kilometers. This is done by focusing and opening the mind's eye, though due to the low chakra cost many users keep it active often. The ability also extends to telling when a person is lying from the fluctuations in a person's chakra made from dishonest emotions or detecting if someone, including the user, is under a genjutsu. Also by focusing on a particular chakra, the user can perceive its location and movement with great detail.

NAME: Shunshin no Jutsu [Body Flicker Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
HANDSEALS: 1
DESCRIPTION:
By invigorating one's entire body with chakra, a shinobi can seemingly disappear and reappear in another location faster than most people can see. Often times one's movements are disguised with the use of an extra element, be it a smoke bomb, leaves, water, sand, etc. in order to hide the user's trajectory from those with skilled eyes. Though it mimics teleportation, it is important to remember this jutsu merely boosts the agility of its user. As useful as this technique is, it can only be used 4 times in a battle thread, compounding in exertion and difficulty each time. with any more usages beyond that result in muscle tears in the legs from overexertion. The hand seal for this technique must be held until the shinobi reaches their destination, making it impossible to utilize other techniques regardless of any preparation.

真紅の死
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Ash and LightningMay 12, 2023 23:13:06 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday 9/18 rank Chuunin occupation Barrier Corps

Yamanaka Itsuki

The sensation was impossible for him to miss, a burning in his skull that hinted at a migraine that never was, the phantom pain of his first encounter… Itsuki naturally kept track of Miroru with his sensory skills, not to be invasive of her time, but just a safety measure in the back of his mind, nearly forgotten unless he needed her, her she him. So when her usually warm signature boiled in the back of his skull, his attention snapped onto the change. When he focused, reading through his senses in the way that few in the world could, he was already moving before he even registered it.

A glass of juice smashed into the ground of his hotel room as he hurled himself out the window, shunshin hurtling him across Kuwana towards his friend without thought as his heart thundered in time with the beat that pounded into his skull as the great bijuu seemed to stir from within its current home. He was one of the few who knew about it, and so he’d been told not only to keep his own ‘damn mouth shut’ but do what he could to make sure no one else did. The threat of what might happen should the bijuu do as it pleased… well, it wasn’t pleasant.

With barely a puff of displaced air, the Yamanaka was between Miroru and any other person, his small form as close to her as he could without intruding on her personal space. He wanted to grab her, hug her to ground her in the real world and not in her mind, but her entire being screamed not to be touched, at least, not until she realised it was him. Normally he would have arrived facing the potential threat, but his senses knew there was a barrier between him and whatever had set this off, so his focus was entirely on his best friend.

"Mi-chi, let me help?” he asked quietly, hands raised but not touching her, not yet.

Word Count: 335
Tags: , ,
Eleri has written 410 posts
Ash and LightningMay 13, 2023 0:38:24 GMT -5
Hatake Shinde
Hatake Shinde Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Honestly? Shinde couldn't exactly know everything about Miroru's circumstances. They met before when Miroru was still in the academy, they talked a bit together, and they were friends. They've met here and there, probably more often when she came to visit the Uchiha compound. If not for her, then for her sister, or the other connections Shinde looked to make with other clans. They hugged, held hands, and were pretty friendly before, so Shinde never really did see behind the metaphorical mask when it came down to her insecurities and doubts. Frankly? She tried to make the situation better, but it seemed like things were getting kinda worse. Miroru seemed to enter a meltdown that she really couldn't get or understand.

Yet? She didn't get to say much of anything else, because before long? Azarea showed up. Looking menacing, blood thirsty, and frankly, threatening Shinde's life in the next moment. "What the hell's your problem? I'm just trying to smooth a debate with a friend! The hell are you threatening me for? Who even are you?" Shinde didn't advance forward, but instead looked at how Azarea more or less looked at her as if she was a piece of shit, and evidently wanted to kill her, what with that bloodthirsty intent. Needless to say? It was a bit of a fucking whiplash. Where if any proctor or observer of the examinations were about? They'd probably best intervene after a death threat like that was launched.

Considering Shinde was deemed as a "threat", instead of de-escalating or really mediating the situation, the instinct one would suppose was to threaten her, and build the tension. Of which of course made Shinde feel threatened, because well, she was. "Deadly force?" Shinde would have Shunshined right then and there and fucking kicked Azarea straight in the face, curbstomping her throat into the floor if she wasn't a calmer and collected kind of person. Considering she was pretty much sidelined, and faced with several fucking emotional outbursts and people threatening her today? She was pretty mentally exasperated. Pretty bad fucking day today. Especially considering she didn't really know who Azarea even was.

"You drop that dirty look. I don't know you, and you don't know me. You don't even know the context of the conversation." She glared back in turn, prepared to defend herself if need be. Frankly. If there were any sensors about other than Azarea and Itsuki, they probably were rushing here to mediate the matter. "So before you go about threatening me with "lethal force", think about what you're implying."

quick reply

compose a reply