Building The Fences [Kai]

compose a reply
Building The Fences [Kai]Sept 14, 2023 1:19:04 GMT -5
Senju Minazawa
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Senju Minazawa Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank occupation
When Minazawa found herself stationed in this town for the other part of her mission, she was excited to see an active construction site and to be part of that building project. Who wouldn't be? She'd been here about two days in, studying all the building materials and tools the construction company had at their disposal. Axes, pickaxes, chisels, mortar, and varieties of wood. However, she was told that she'd be put together with an Uchiha today. Funny how many of them there seemed to be. They were to meet in town square. Minazawa was a petite, lithe girl that looked angelic in her features. With golden amber colored eyes and silvery white hair, she wore today a haori of brown and green colors, fitting for that of the Senju.

Upon seeing his arrival, the young Senju girl bowed her head respectfully, before calling out in a graceful and soft tone. "Good morning. You're Uchiha Kai right?" Assuming he acknowledged her question, she'd smile brightly, not a big grin, but a soft curl upwards of the lips as she offers her hand out to shake. "My name is Senju Minazawa, it's nice to meet you. If you're ready, let's go over the day's plans and what it is we're expected to do. The briefing." She seemed rather confident as she took the lead, not unfamiliar with the workings of the work of a genin. She raises her right sleeve to her mouth as she lightly coughs, pausing for a moment, before she looks out across the town's perimeter. 

Watching the transportation of goods and supplies to various lanes. "The job is relatively simple. Security as well as the general aid of helping the people here build their defenses. I'm thinking we could talk and get to know each other a little bit better while we do a bit of both. Does that work for you?" With a soft flush of her cheeks, she seemed good natured and a pleasurable ray of sunshine. 
Dandead10 has written 204 posts
Building The Fences [Kai]Sept 14, 2023 8:02:21 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Genin occupation Team 1
People often brought up how common the Uchiha were. It wasn't a false statement, if anything it was a truthful one, but there was more then meets the eye when it came down to it- No pun intended. While there were many Uchiha, the amount that were ever in active service at any one time were limited- Not quite as much so as the Senju, but needless to say, there were enough that it would easily seem like there were a lot of them when the reality was they were just... Common to find in squads recently.

Still, Kai was on duty today, having to meet up with a... Senju girl? Hrm. Not too hard to keep an eye out for, at least, but as his gaze locked with hers, and he heard his name spoken, he knew this was it- This was the girl. His eyes drifted her form lazily- His own body hunched down slightly. A difference in form from most Uchiha for sure, as he very clearly appeared to be none-to-excited to be out here.

Or perhaps that was just his resting lazy face. Regardless, he took her hand and shook it, his own quite rough and callused from the years of experience with the massive weapon that was hefted over his back- An overwhelmingly sized glaive that was quite honestly taller than the girl herself.

"Yeah. You're Minazawa? Cool." Short and too the point, though if she'd read anything about her teammate before he'd shown up, she'd know this was generally how he spoke to those he wasn't comfortable with yet. To the point, one could say.

Still, he listened to her speak as she started to go over the briefing. He'd casually forgotten to read over the briefing himself, letting it pass idly over his mind and instead relied on someone else to tell him. Thank goodness this woman was more responsible then he was in that sense.

"That sound's pretty simple. Just point to what needs doing, and... Yeah. I don't mind talking. What do you want to know?" He scratched behind his ear. Obviously, getting information out of him wouldn't be the easiest, but on the other hand, he wasn't exactly holding information back either. He was just keeping things short and simple, which in some cases, could be seen as a good thing! Loose lips sink shinobi ships, or something like that.
Caelum has written 214 posts
Building The Fences [Kai]Sept 14, 2023 10:36:28 GMT -5
Senju Minazawa
Senju Minazawa Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
He didn't seem to be the hugely talkative kind of person, and that was alright. Not everyone was exactly social butterfly and Kai didn't have to be. He was amicable, and that was enough for her. She'd motion for him to walk with her, and as they made their movement forward; she gazed upon the construction going on before them. She was dutiful and mindful for external threats, but also the structural support of their work as well as the scenery about them. Looking to see if any of their workers might need anything of either of them. That said, she paid attention to their conversation also.

"Simple things. Dreams. Hopes for the future. Hobbies. Likes. Dislikes. Let me start first." She says with a bright inflection and intonation of her voice, her arms swaying jovially as she walked forward. "I'm seventeen years old. My dream for the future is to be a splendid kun-" She paused for a momentary, leaning forward as she coughs into her hand, a small one at first that gets heavier and more aggressive. A searing burn in her chest and throat, before she stands and corrects herself after a few heaves.

"To be a splendid Kunoichi. My dream for the future is to embody the values of my clan. To master a thousand different skills. I like to garden, train, read, and cook. I play an instrument and I enjoy long walks and nature. I like honest, kind, and hardworking people and savory foods. I dislike fried food and junebugs." With her little introduction done, she turns her eyes to gaze upon Kai for a moment, giving him a bright and cheerful smile. Her eyes closed for a moment.

"Now you give it a try."
Building The Fences [Kai]Sept 14, 2023 11:41:18 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Eyes darted around the construction site alongside the Senju's as the two worked over it. In truth, this would be intimidating for any foreign Shinobi, even if they were both just Genin. They were two of the strongest clans in Konoha, and they were currently working together on defense duty.

Anyone stupid enough to attack was either strong enough that Genin probably shouldn't have been out on this mission, or desperate enough that even a base level genin could take them down.

With that kept to it, he listened to her speak about her dreams, her future, her skills, her dislikes. It was all useful information. Kai, meanwhile, decide to help out with one of the nearby builders who seemed to be struggling with carrying a larger large piece of wood. Most Uchiha weren't known for their size or strength, so it was perhaps surprising to some to see him move forward and easily help lift the log in place.

One might also presume he had stopped paying attention to her speech, but this couldn't be further from the truth. It just gave him more time to think up a good response.

"Seventeen. Dream is to relax as a genin for the rest of my life." He clapped his hands together as he watched his handiwork. Damn, that was good.

"I like to eat, sleep, read, and people watch." He kept the wood in place with one hand as the men hammered it down.

"My friends call me sloth, for obvious reason, and I like... Normal things. Like anyone else." He shrugged. He wasn't that complicated with his likes, as he let it drift along in his mind.

"I dislike working hard pointlessly. Expending effort without a need. Going out of my way to do things for people who don't need help in the first place." He shrugged. He was simple in that way as well. He didn't really mind what other people did. If they didn't stick their nose in his business, he didn't really care...

Oh, right. "I hate loud people." There you go champ. He moved closer to the girl, enough to be in whisper distance, as he lowered his voice.

"...You're coughing. Are you ill?" He'd ask. That seemed like an important thing to ask about. He'd noticed it before, but only now brought mention to it when he could whisper- No need to bring it up to any prying ears, after all.
Building The Fences [Kai]Sept 14, 2023 19:28:01 GMT -5
Senju Minazawa
Senju Minazawa Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Was it wrong that she found him a little bit boring? Despite them being the same age, he seemed uninspired, and generally neutral about his life. He didn't seem to have high aspirations, didn't seem passionate, and he seemed to enjoy the simple. People watch? What did that mean? Hearing him talk about all of these things, she found herself curious, but not prying in any particular way. He gave her as much as he wanted to. That was a good first step. Though; she was a bit surprised when he came closer and sought to whisper into her ear. She didn't pull away, but would slowly lean a little closer.

He might find that she smelled lightly of mint and strawberries. "A-Ah. No. I'm fine. I was just stabbed in the lungs when I was twelve. It's lead to my life being just a bit more difficult." She says, before she gives another small series of coughs into her hand. If she was lying, she was doing a pretty bad job of doing it. Still. As they walked their way together, she stopped to look at a rather lovely looking tree that rest near a small bench and gazebo. Looking upon it as its leaves shook lightly in the wind. It was a beautiful thing. Though, she took the liberty to tell him a little something else.

"I'm sure that someday. You'll find something or someone that'll break you out of your slothfulness. Kai-Kun." She says with a softness to her tone. A gentleness that was akin to the breeze right now. "Someone that'll push you to do your best. Better. I believe in that. And I believe in you. Gambatte!" She says reassuringly with her fist pumping lightly into the air. However, with that said, the white haired Senju gazed outward towards the encampment. She took the liberty to marvel and see the quaint but welcome visage of this place. It appealed to her in some ways.
Building The Fences [Kai]Sept 14, 2023 23:48:52 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
In truth, Kai was boring. In a manner of speaking, he took things slow, savored the little bits in life, and rarely reached out to touch greater heights. It was simple for him. It's what his team would have wanted, back then. Still, his mind drifted a bit, as he listened to the girl speak about her injuries.

"Are you sure about that?" He'd ask, turning his head back towards her. A smirk slowly crept up his face, a friendly one at that. "Lying to a Uchiha... I won't press, but you don't need to hide anything from me. We're working together here." He explained, shaking his head as he stepped past her.

"And maybe I will. It took me a while to get this far though... So I wouldn't hold your breath, Minazawa." He teased, as he looked forward at the camp. She sure had a lot of energy. All that energy but with a bad lung... Versus all his lack of energy with a perfectly good body. Talk about a rough walk in life.

"So, you any good at that wood stuff yet? Looks like they are putting up more fences- Maybe you can like... Grow a pole." He tossed another gentle tease at her. He wanted her to get working as well- The more they worked together, the better off things would go, and despite what Kai had said earlier about not using his strength unnecessarily, he one hundred percent saw the use and value in having two powerful genin around to aid in construction and security efforts.

"If you're worried about us being attacked..." He pointed to his eyes. It was words without speaking, that he did possess his clans Kekkai Genkai, and could use it if they needed that extra bit of awareness of their surroundings at the moment. Of course, if she knew anything about the Uchiha, then perhaps there was more to his story then met the eye. Figuratively and literally.
Building The Fences [Kai]Sept 15, 2023 0:34:18 GMT -5
Senju Minazawa
Senju Minazawa Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
She raised a brow before taking the liberty to step a little forward. "I never mentioned I could use Mokuton." She says, taking the liberty to find interest in his presumption. Though, with it, she found herself shaking her head for a moment as she made her advance. "But you're right. I suppose I could be doing something." When she saw him point towards his eyes, expressing the idea that he held the Sharingan? She did a few short handseal sequences, before then crossing her hands in a prayer motion. The snake seal.  She channeled chakra through her body then. Water chakra with the left. Earth with her right. Bringing them together?

"Mokuton: Mokujoheki!" She calls forth, and along the outer wall by the area of empty gate, the earth groans as wood forms, a tall standing defense that could be useful as a temporary defense until a proper gate was erected. If not that, they could cut a set of doors through it. That said, when she proceeded to gaze him head to toe again; she wondered what his true demeanor was. "Then I'll be relying on you Kai-Kun." She says; moving forward. She didn't seem eager to brag about her abilities with the Mokuton, as frankly, she viewed herself to be a rather average practitioner. However, considering he did decide to tease her a little bit?

"Though. I think you'd have more experience with tending a pole than I would."

NAME: Mokuton: Mokujōheki [Wood Release: Wood Locking Wall]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu/Kekkei Genkai
ELEMENT: Mokuton [Wood Release]
DESCRIPTION:
An extremely versatile move, this technique uses chakra to activate the roots in the ground and, using the user of the technique as a reference point, makes wooden pillars appear from left and right. The wooden pillars join together in a dome-shape with the user at the center. This process can be used to catch the enemy in a double sided attack. Also, in case one confronts the enemy at a short distance, the enemy can be locked up inside the dome, setting the situation for a one-on-one fight. This dome can also be collapsed or burnt with the enemy inside to inflict damage. Furthermore, it functions as an easy shelter against the enemy's long-distance attacks, like shuriken and kunai. Initiated with the 'rat,' 'dog,' and 'tiger' signs.
last edit by Senju Minazawa on Sept 15, 2023 0:39:16 GMT -5
Building The Fences [Kai]Sept 15, 2023 1:46:38 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Kai watched as the woman worked her magic touch. He shrugged at her talk of Mokuton.

"I simply added together two and two. If you're as injured as you say you are but still an active combatant, it means you must have considerable skills to make up for your disability." He calmly explained his reasoning and logic, though it was not flawless. Expecting flawlessness out of a Genin though was an error to be sure.

As she said she'd be relying on him, he scoffed and waved a hand. "Come on. Give yourself more credit. If you can do this, you can clear just about anything stupid enough to attack a camp like this." He said as he marched forward, before stopping as she made a comment about experience with poles. He slowly turned his head back towards her, a stupid grin on his face, as he played into the comment as simply as he could in a deadpan voice.

"But of course. I've had hands on experience with poles since I was 12." He held back his laughter as his eyes spun red and twisted into the single tomoe known towards each, as he turned his head back and scanned the horizon for any opponents.

"You didn't happen to bring any food, did you?" He'd ask idly, as he leaned forward on his glaive, staring over the hard workers they were tasked with looking over.
Building The Fences [Kai]Sept 18, 2023 5:21:12 GMT -5
Senju Minazawa
Senju Minazawa Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"No. I don't have incredible skill. Just incredible will." Whether she was modest, lying, or telling the truth? That would be up to him. Though. When he spoke about being able to handle any of the threats that might attack this place? She couldn't help but ask that to herself. Maybe she could. Maybe she couldn't. He seemed a lot more open to her now, and she was glad that a few simple words got him to open a bit more. Perhaps it was because he thought of her as weaker in some way. Maybe not. She wasn't exactly sure. However, as she found herself moving forward?

"Food?...No. I can't say I have. Other than some instant noodles and trail mix?" She sounded unsure on that, as she figured she'd not need much. This was food meant for the trip back to the village. Though, she did suppose that she could just buy some from any vendor while here. "Ah..." She looked then to his eyes and she saw it. The Sharingan. A single set of tomoe swirling in each. She looked upon their lovely crimson hue, and she found herself stepping a little bit closer to see them in their glory. It was quite an intimidating sight. She could see why the Uchiha must have been quite feared in their earliest days. It seemed far more so than her Mokuton.

"You have beautiful eyes. Kai-Kun. All the more reason...That I'd like to rely on you if things go wrong. After all. You seem stronger than I am. I can see it in your eyes."
Building The Fences [Kai]Sept 18, 2023 5:37:58 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Incredible will, huh? He thought on that for a moment, leaning further forward on his weapon as he twirled his head back and forth. Kai wondered if he'd ever that sort of incredible will. Probably not. He kicked back, glancing up at the sky as he yawned slightly.

"I'm not picky." A simple reference to her foods of choice, but as he stood back up, he glanced over the area again, watching carefully for potential dangers. Meanwhile, she spoke to him with a simple remark on his eyes. He smirked for a moment at the compliment, but then thought a bit on it.

"Hrm... They are the same as my cousins." He shrugged. It was true, all Sharingan mostly looked the same, as far as he knew.

"In retrospect, I got these eyes due to failure." He teased, glancing back at her with a slight more of a smirk. "So maybe relying on me isn't the greatest idea." He toyed, twirling the glaive around.

"...Thanks, though. I'm sure you're plenty strong." He calmly responded, as he continued his watch. He wasn't really sure how to continue this conversation. Was she flirting with him, or just being friendly? His eyes would glance back at her, judging her intent for a moment, though in retrospect, it didn't really matter.

"So, we just stand here and watch then? ... Pass me that trail mix, does it have the little candies in it?" He questioned, his stomach audibly grumbling.
Building The Fences [Kai]Sept 18, 2023 6:03:40 GMT -5
Senju Minazawa
Senju Minazawa Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
When he spoke out, she shifted awkwardly, reaching into her side pouch, to take out a small cloth bag full of trail mix. Though...When he sought candy? She proceeded to open it to show some dried up looking chips, nuts, raisins, and tiny bits of dried apple. "Even better. Nature's candy." She'd offer it to him as a hopeful peace offering, as she proceeded to take a small handful herself, popping it into her mouth. A few crunches, and she'd then take the liberty to muse. About what he said regarding his eyes. "It must have hurt a lot..." She says idly.

"Which is why you need to use those eyes of yours to see into a different perspective. And work harder. So you don't have to ever be hurt again. Kai-San." She says it reassuringly, and with it, she found herself handing him the bag as she began to move forward. Trying to discern anything else they'd really need to do here. Only to discern that it was more or less all in the clear. They made their roundabout, and with it, she slowly looked down and spoke. "If...you'd like? We can go collect our pay and we could get something nice to eat. If...You're into that." She proclaims, smiling softly. As bright as the sunlight.

"I can pay."
Building The Fences [Kai]Sept 18, 2023 14:56:57 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"Natures candy...?" He glanced down at the bag of trail mix. Dried apple and raisins. Oh goodness. He almost gagged out of reflex. Not because she was offering him a weird trail mix, but more because the idea of natures candy being some sort of... Raisin was criminal in his mind.

Still, he accepted it with a shrug and a nod, taking bites down as he looked away for a moment, listening carefully to the girls words. She was right. But he knew that already. He knew what he was supposed to do- If he didn't, he'd still be sitting in the hospital, dead eyed up at the ceiling. That didn't make the pain any less real though. Not that he'd speak on that, especially not here, as his chewing slowed.

Ah, she asked him a question. A... Hrm. There was a tone to that, and Kai was hardly tone deaf. He glanced over at the girl and sighed, a deep sense of pain in his gut. He'd spent years, YEARS single, and yet now, when he was finally finding interest in someone, finally making a connection, other Shinobi started making their moves...

Was this the real curse his clan spoke of?

"Uh... Sure. I wouldn't mind that, however..." He held a hand up. "I don't want to lead you on or anything..." He took a deep breath and spoke calmly.

"My heart belongs to another, so it'd just be as friends." He explained, a soft attempt at a reassuring smile on his face as he looked over at her. He empathized deeply with her, and there really wasn't anything wrong with Minazawa. She was pretty, smart, his age- Any guy would be more then lucky to have her.

But Kai was an honest Uchiha, who's pride and passion was the forefront of his clan. And to deny that passion and play two sides of the field at once would not only be dishonest, but cruel to both women.
Building The Fences [Kai]Sept 19, 2023 4:13:45 GMT -5
Senju Minazawa
Senju Minazawa Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Her eyes looked white as dishplates for a moment in an animesque manner for a moment as she tilts her head to the side. "Nature's candy." She says smiling. However, there was a moment where she looks confused for a moment. When he mentions that his heart belonged to another. "Ah- No. That's alright!" She says with a small smile and a nervous sweatdrop. "I didn't want to seem like I was coming onto you. We're mission mates. Comrades." She says with a charming smile and with a pink flush of embarrassment on her cheeks.

"I don't think I'm ready for a relationship anyways..." She says with a sad smile. "I'm not healthy enough, and I can't be as dutiful I think as I could be. Though I'd give it my all." She says, considering everything she'd been through. The time in the hospital was rough, but the encouragement and the help of all those there to help her? She grew stronger. Just like a tree. As she walked, she felt a warmth in her heart, and they'd finish making a loop around the town shortly enough. "Let's work together to get stronger. To become better than we are now. Okay? Kai-San?" She seemed hopeful for the future, a bright light of hope in those eyes.

As they made their way to the collection office for their pay, she'd ask him. "What shall we eat together? Your favorite."

[Mission End - The Rest is Social]
last edit by Senju Minazawa on Sept 19, 2023 4:36:15 GMT -5
Building The Fences [Kai]Sept 19, 2023 4:37:43 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
It was in this moment he'd just realized he'd likely shattered this poor girls heart. A heart that was already injured. He placed a hand against his left arm as he realized what he'd done. Talk about a disaster of a human being. He looked out and over the village as they walked, trying to not make direct eye contact as his heart began to beat faster.

This was a nervous position to be put in, and truth be told, he really did feel bad- Especially when she brought up her health. It wasn't bad enough he'd shot down a pretty Senju girl his age, he'd shot down a pretty senju girl his age who was also maybe dying. All she needed was a bit of cancer in there and it would have been the perfect kitten-kicking moment.

That said, even with that guilt on him, he placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed it. She was a short gal, that was for sure, but he smiled and nodded once at her.

"You seem plenty ready, and plenty strong to me. I don't think I could ask a girl out on a date... I'd probably freeze up." He blushed. There was a truth to that. Even with Sachi, he'd hardly asked her directly out on a date, and only admitted it when confronted.

"...But we can always get stronger. We'll work together, Minazawa." He nodded firmly, giving another squeeze to tell her just how much he meant it.

"Mrm... My favorite? Dumplings..." Not his favorite, but he hadn't eaten it in a while. If you only ate what was your favorite food, you'd get burned out pretty dang quick!
Building The Fences [Kai]Sept 19, 2023 4:47:15 GMT -5
Senju Minazawa
Senju Minazawa Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"A-Ah?" When a hand was placed upon her shoulder, she found herself taking the liberty to look up at him with surprise when he declared her plenty strong. "Thank you for your praise Kai." She felt alleviated in a way, her heart a little less burdened, knowing someone thought that she was strong. It felt natural, like they had a budding friendship, and with it, her eyes look to the corner. "I look forward to getting stronger with you." She wasn't sure how to act just yet, so, she raises her own hand and rests it along his forearm. Looking him in the face.

Her soft eyes gazing into his own coal black as she smooths her palm along his sleeve. Though. When he'd let her go? Saying he was into Dumplings? "Then let's go get dumplings." Taking the liberty to slowly reach for her side and feeling some jingles, and also looking to her new pouch of pay? She was more than happy to share some of that enjoyment with a friend. "Are you more of a sweet? Or savory kind of person? I saw there was a charming little Gyoza stand. And I'd love to have some and a bowl of Udon. Or some curry to dip them into." She seemed very pleased by the prospect of some delicious food. What more. To share it with a friend.

"When I was little...I remembered loving a hot bowl of noodle or dumpling soup on a cold winter day. Winter's my favorite season...Because everything shined so beautiful in white." Smoothing a hand through her hair, she'd felt the softness of its tresses. "There's nothing like a hot broth when you're feeling down."