compose a reply
Rope Tingz [Training]Sept 14, 2023 17:30:06 GMT -5
Yuki Tsugime
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yuki Tsugime Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 11 years old birthday rank Academy Student occupation
polly voo franzy?
Weird weird weird. Tsugime wasn't a fan of what was to come today but he needed to get it out of the way if he had any plans on graduating soon. There were basic techniques that every academy student had to learn before being able to call themselves a true shinobi and the boy was still missing a couple, but he was working to fill those gaps everyday. He didn't particularly care for the last few jutsu because of how silly they seemed compared to the others and truth be told the young Yuki couldn't see himself in a situation where he'd even need to use them but as one of the elders in his clan always said it was 'better to have them and not need them than not have them at all'.

Old sayings aside the boy knew he was going to need some help for this one as the prospect of tying himself up in rope was just dumb, not to mention figuring out how to actually free himself. To help him on this endeavor Tsugime had put in a request for some aid and was told to meet his instructor at the academy and a good part of him was happy because he'd be damned to try this outside where other people could see him hogtied like some recently captured wild animal struggling to break free.

tagged:  || word count: x || notes: x
Kata has written 66 posts
Rope Tingz [Training]Sept 15, 2023 11:37:03 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
I would know him in death
At the end of the world

A familiar face would appear for Tsugime to meet a certain, Amou Kanade, who had been an instructor at the academy for quite sometime and very much enjoyed her job. She was definitely a common face to see around these parts, but she also had a bit of a strictness to her in spite of being an extroverted and optimistic person. She wanted her students to follow the creeds of the Will of the Water. Which meant to succeed in the academy in a way that would benefit the village, so of course she oversaw many classes to insure this and if someone was struggling she was the first to show up to help.

Which was how Tsugime would end up with her as his instructor for the day.

"Tsugime-kun? How is your technique coming along?" She knew what he had requested to practice, and she knew it would come in handy too. The rope-escape technique was nothing to scoff at even if it seemed simple, he would find that it would be very useful in the near future (if he were to come near graduation anyway)...

"Go ahead and show me what you have ready thus far." If he was diligent, it would be a short training session.

Han has written 2,374 posts
Rope Tingz [Training]Sept 15, 2023 12:29:04 GMT -5
Yuki Tsugime
Yuki Tsugime Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
polly voo franzy?
Tsugime didn't have to wait long for his instructor to show up and an all too familiar voice would ring in his ears as he turned to look at the bright red hair of Kanade bounce into the classroom. She was really well known throughout all the academy and somehow always remained chipper and cheery in the midst of rambunctious kids day in and day out, though sometimes her training regiments were a little harsh; perhaps thinly veiled retribution for all that she had to put up with. Still, she was probably the best person who could have walked through those doors and was miles and miles better than that psychopathic genin who had done his best to put Tsugime near death a while back.

"Ah, Kanade-san. Um... well ya see.." The boy danced around his answer. She'd ask to see what progress he had made and with a soft sigh Tsugime would pick up the rope laying on one of the tables before firstly tying his feet together. "So I've been working first at just freeing my feet but I don't really know if it's a chakra thing or if I'm just supposed to wiggle the ropes loose or what. I don't use my hands cuz that would be cheating but I have no clue on how to get it done otherwise." He'd say. The technique was designed to work even if ones hands were bound so that meant it could be done without hand seals, but how one managed that was still a mystery.

Rope Tingz [Training]Sept 15, 2023 13:04:18 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

The woman smiled when Tsugime showed her the ropes and nodded, he had made some logical leaps in an attempt to think through the problem. In this case she would help him get tied up. So that is what she did first, letting Tsugime lay down first before she tied up his ankles and wrists up tightly there would not be a lot of room to wiggle out with the way she tied up those knots he would have to use the technique to get it done.

"Alright, you have to think about the technique as one whole. It isn't just your feet or just your ankles. It can be, but to start it is better to go broad and focus on the body instead of body parts. So, you're tied up and you have to get out stealthily. Focus chakra throughout your body and then to the parts that are bound, think of the rope as part of your body... How would you loosen up a muscle through chakra if it's tense? Visualize that, you might be met with some success."

Of course, any kind of progress would be admirable but she had a feeling it wouldn't work on the first try he would have to try a few times before it worked the way it was intended.

Rope Tingz [Training]Sept 15, 2023 13:27:55 GMT -5
Yuki Tsugime
Yuki Tsugime Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
polly voo franzy?
He had the term 'hog-tied' before but actually experiencing it was something else. His ankles and wrists were tied pretty tight and any hypothesis the boy had about just wiggling his way out of the rope were surely out out of the realm of possibility now. Tsugime listened as the instructor explained just how the technique was supposed to work and to no one's surprise the young student had been going about it the wrong way; he was thinking of the rope being separate from his body instead of it being an extension where chakra could be focused to.

"An extension of my body... kinda like the cloth we use for the invisibility cloak, right? That makes sense..." The woman's question about loosening a tense muscle was met with a bit of silence as Tsugime thought through the possibilities. He wasn't super knowledgeable on the body but guessed that the best way to treat a tight muscle was to massage it until it loosened, but in this case instead of hands it would be chakra. "Hmm ok, let's give it a shot." The Yuki would close his eyes and begin to focus his chakra around his entire body before zeroing in on his ankles and wrists, but splitting his attention to two different parts of his body was proving difficult and while he was supposed to think of the rope as just an extension of himself he found it tough to not think of it as something... else. He'd give a bit of a wiggle to see if the rope had loosened at all and... nothing.

"Well that didn't go too well."

Rope Tingz [Training]Sept 18, 2023 10:23:53 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

The woman clapped her hands together and nodded when Tsugime made the connection. It was often a foreign thing for academy students to think of, but that meant that the boy was thinking and actually paying attention during his lessons, which was undoubtedly a good thing. It took several years to truly master all the techniques that were presented before the students, but by the time they were graduating they had to be ready to use them masterfully in real life situations... So of course, his words were a good sign to the woman.

"Yes, that's correct, Tsugime-kun."

And with that she stepped back to observe his attempt.

The failure did not come with a huge amount of surprise, but it was also a sign to Kanade.

"Ah, you are focusing on individual parts too much. Think more broadly. It should be more of a whole body sensation, once you have mastered that more you will find focusing on specific parts to be much easier." She explained with a small smile. Hopefully this would help the boy, if not she would have to come up with a new tactic... Maybe pressure him to learn it. Sometimes panicked situations helped individuals get there faster since it would become more do-or-die.

Rope Tingz [Training]Sept 18, 2023 13:42:56 GMT -5
Yuki Tsugime
Yuki Tsugime Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
polly voo franzy?
Hearing that he was on the right track in terms of this technique being similar in nature to the cloak of invisibility was a good sign and it seemed that actually paying attention in class was paying off. However, just knowing that they worked similarly and still getting it to work were two different beasts. His problem wasn't focusing his chakra but trying to get it where it needed to go and as Kanade gave instruction it seemed like the best method was to first focus on the feeling of chakra around his entire form and then focus it on the parts that were bound by rope.

Simple enough.

"Gotta start with the big picture first, got it." Tsugime replied before settling in for another attempt. He would once again gather his chakra starting from the center of his person before slowly expanding it outwards to cover his entire body; this part he had done before and had become a little easier after learning the invisibility cloak technique a while back. He could feel chakra enveloping his body from the tips of his toes to the top of his head but now came time for the tricky part. The boy had to think of the rope binding his hands and feet as an extension of himself but it was hard to shake the belief that it was a foreign entity because well.. it was, but if he could get himself to believe that the rope was just another part of himself then focusing chakra to it would be as easy as he was doing now.

Taking a deep breath the Yuki would begin to hone in his chakra to his arms and legs and once it was around the area where the rope was tied he'd try and spread the chakra to said rope in an effort to manipulate it enough to loosen and with a HMPH! Tsugime would force his chakra outwards causing the rope to not completely come apart but it definitely wasn't as tight as it was before. "Well.. I think that's something."

Rope Tingz [Training]Sept 19, 2023 11:24:09 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

The woman watched there wasn't an immediate effect, of course, but she watched. It was not as if she could tell right off the bat that his chakra collection was going to work. She could just tell that he was focusing and the chakra appeared to be moving throughout a little differently than before. At least, it was visible from his slight indications of body language. She didn't say anything though, and remained quiet until there was a slight pop and the Yuki boy spoke up. Curious as to what he had accomplished, Kanade wandered over to look at the ropes a little closer.

"Much better!" She sounded out before leaning over and re-tightening the binds on Tsugime so that he could try again. "Now you know the basics, you need a little more chakra, you need to get them to loosen in a way that would let you slip out without a sound. Try again." And she took a few steps back once again and turned her back to Tsugime.

"Try to sneak up on me." That was probably a much more useful exercise than to simply have him get out of some ropes. One way or the other, the little student would benefit in due time.

Rope Tingz [Training]Sept 21, 2023 16:23:44 GMT -5
Yuki Tsugime
Yuki Tsugime Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
polly voo franzy?
A little positive reinforcement went a long way and knowing that the rope loosening wasn't something that he had just made up in his head was a clear sign of progress in the young students book. There was of course still a ton of work to be done in addition to getting the rope to come apart completely, namely in the vein of doing it silently. He had focused so much on getting his chakra in the right spots and loosening the rope that the 'ninja' aspect had completely been forgotten. After all, what good was being able to escape from bindings if you could be heard doing so?

Kanade would instruct him to try once again but this time sneak up on her as well. Well that was gonna be a toughie. "Got it, I'll give it a shot." Tsugime replied as he felt the ropes retighten around his form. he'd wait for his instructor to turn her back to him before once more attempting to focus his chakra around his body like the last time except greater in volume this go around. Then came the direction in which the boy would once more direct said chakra at the points his hands and feet were tied together and he could already feel more control over the rope with the extra chakra at his disposal compared to last time. A big pulse would have probably blown the rope off of him but it would have also been super loud which is what he didn't want so instead the Yuki would just continue to channel chakra to the rope until it began to slowly loosen and after some tense moments it had come free!

But the job wasn't done yet! Now came the stealthy part of this exercise and the goal was to sneak up on Kanede. With his now free hands Tsugime would grab hold of the rope and slowly remove it from his feet and place it on the ground as quietly as possible before lowering to a crouch and taking steps towards his instructor. He was caught in a battle of not wanting to take too much time while also trying to not throw himself off balance with too big of steps. When the boy was within what he deemed as 'striking distance' he would take as quiet a breath as possible before leaping at his instructor in an attempt to tag them.

Rope Tingz [Training]Sept 27, 2023 13:36:24 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Of course for the instructor she was no fool, and was mostly just playing pretend. But it would help to reinforce a job well done for a student who was actually progressing well. Which was why she just kept her arms folded and stared out towards the opposite wall of where Tsugime was working on his chakra to get the ropes to loosen. Based on his last attempt though, he seemed to be on his way to getting the job done well.

Indeed she could slightly hear the rustling behind her, but it was quiet enough that in a normal situation it might not have been heard. Not to mention the fact that the boy was not trained in silent killing - and most would never be - so at his level it was rather good. Eventually she would feel the tag against her and turn her head slowly to smile towards the boy.

"Very nice. I barely even heard you, be sure to stifle your steps a little more next time. But otherwise very good job. All this is going to take now is more practice on your end to really master it, but you have the basics down for sure." She explained, nodding briefly.

"Would you like a bit more help?" Though it seemed that he probably did not and could work on it all himself.

Rope Tingz [Training]Sept 28, 2023 14:58:56 GMT -5
Yuki Tsugime
Yuki Tsugime Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
polly voo franzy?
The attempt for all intents and purposes had been a success and Kanade had been none the wiser to the students approach. Of course, Tsugime wasn't so full of himself that he believed that his teacher didn't hear him at all but he had been quiet enough to prevent her from turning around out of instinct or hearing the rope clattering to the ground or too heavy footsteps, so it was a win in his book. She did make note that the boy did still need to work on making his footsteps quieter so that was something he'd need to improve on going forward.

"Awesome, that wasn't all that hard at all." Tsugime mused aloud. Similar to the cloak of invisibility technique he had no idea how to even begin learning this jutsu and would have been stumped probably forever if not for the help of his teacher. She'd ask if he wanted any further assistance and the boy thought for a moment. He had performed it successfully once but he was far from a master at it, but since he knew how to do it then all that was needed was repetition, and that could be done anywhere. "Mm, nah I think I should be good. I can get my friends to tie me up and then I can show 'em that I know how to get out. Thank you for all your help today, Ms. Kanade." The young Yuki would reply with a bow before collecting his rope and bolting out of the classroom; he had a jutsu to show off!