Chasing Dreams

compose a reply
Chasing DreamsSept 23, 2023 3:22:47 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 10 years old birthday June 23, 1013 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 2 Member
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","text-area"]
An's day began before the morning sun could penetrate the thick mist outside her window. Being an early riser, An was already awake, her determined gaze revealing her readiness for the day ahead. Her room was impeccably organized, a testament to her disciplined nature. Before leaving her room, she cast a fond glance at a small picture frame on her dresser, which held a cherished image of her family.
[break][break]
Making her way to the kitchen, An understood the importance of a nourishing breakfast before her rigorous training. She savored each bite of hot rice and a few pieces of pickled vegetables. After her meal, An carefully gathered her training gear: kunai, shuriken, and a water flask, meticulously ensuring everything was in order for her upcoming training session with Kimihiro.
[break][break]
As she ventured out into the misty morning, An couldn't contain her excitement. The training grounds of the Kirigakure Academy were veiled in a dense mist on this early Saturday morning. Near the entrance, An anxiously clutched the straps of her backpack, her youthful eyes reflecting a mix of eagerness and slight nervousness. She was awaiting the arrival of her mentor, Kimihiro, who had agreed to assist her in expanding her chakra reserves.
[break][break]
The mist, a defining characteristic of Kirigakure, draped itself over everything in sight, creating an eerie atmosphere around the training area. An's heart raced as she observed her surroundings, her anticipation intensifying the coldness in the air. She secured her hair with a tighter tie and took a deep breath, attempting to calm her nerves.
[break][break]
共生遺伝学| Kyōsei Iden-Gaku [lit.Symbiotic Genetics]
[break][break]
As a member of the Gurē clan, An has gained the potential to combine her body with flora and the ground itself because of the similarities in her genetic makeup to fungi. She is able to link her chakra to the underground network of organic matter, which includes plant roots, water veins, and decomposing materials. For example, An can hide in things like trees, shrubs and roots, soil, and so on. Once fused, not only is her presence completely hidden and only felt by those with chakra recognition, but it also allows her to travel within the subterranean web of organic matter.
[break]
[Everything is directly determined by the clan member's rank and skill.]

[break][break]
真菌操作| Shinkin Sōsa [lit.Fungal Manipulation]
[break][break]
An can grow, shape, and manipulate all forms of fungi, including but not limited to yeasts and mold, along with poisonous and non-poisonous mushrooms, thanks to the Gurē clan's chakra and genetic makeup. An has the ability to grow fungi on just about any surface. Because An’s genetic makeup is more similar to that of fungi than that of humans, she can use techniques based on Fungi anatomy, such as secretions or enzymes from various Fungi. She can easily generate or grow any part of a Fungi's anatomy from her own body by using chakra to further alter her own cells. Finally, because these techniques are made from her own cells or bodily fluids, such as converting her saliva into a specific Fungi secretion, An is immune to their effects.

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 257
[break]

[googlefont=Fira Sans:400,500,600,700]
[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(90%) contrast(90%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area]grid-area: text; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #68aaf5; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #68aaf5; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #68aaf5; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
Yofie has written 346 posts
Chasing DreamsSept 23, 2023 5:13:30 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 4/4 rank Special Jounin occupation Sixth Seat of the Seven Swordsmen

Kaguya Kimihiro

Many things had been hunted by the Shiroi Arashi in the decade or so since that name was first uttered, loyal Kiri-nin at first, then traitors, bandits, poachers, pirates, and shinobi of various nations. But today the quarry was different, and frankly much, much easier, for he was hunting... Sweetroll!

Well, a specific Academy student that he called sweetroll anyway.

Gliding through the early morning mist, he made his way directly to the Academy, slipping past an instructor or two with the sort of ease that came from his expertise in the Silent Killing techniques. They'd never said anything, but he knew that a number of the teachers had been quite concerned about his interest in little Anpan-chan, considering his reputation he couldn't exactly blame them, but still... he didn't want to deal with the stink eye right now.

Appearing behind the girl, he reached out and prodded her directly in the sides of her rib cage, equal parts a brief moment of tickling and a reprimand to her for leaving herself so obviously open to attack. That was what tickling was after all, a more gentle way of teaching little ones to defend their vitals... right? Was better than what his brothers did to him at least, and served the same purpose in his mind.

"So, you ready to graduate yet? There's exams starting in Kumo soon you know? Bet you could kick their...butt" he slipped over the almost curse word, but slid around in front of the girl to give her a broad grin.

Word Count: 256
Tags:
Training: 1/5
Eleri has written 108 posts
Chasing DreamsSept 23, 2023 9:15:37 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 10 years old birthday June 23, 1013 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 2 Member
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

An felt a sudden jolt as Kimihiro's fingers lightly brushed against her sides, and she couldn't help but let out a surprised giggle. Her eyes sparkled with a mixture of amusement and embarrassment as she quickly composed herself, her cheeks taking on a faint rosy hue. The unexpected tickling had momentarily shattered her previous nervousness, leaving her feeling more at ease in the presence of her esteemed mentor.
[break][break]
"Kimi-san, you startled me!" An exclaimed, her warm smile returning as she looked up at Kimihiro. Her admiration for him ran deep, not only for his unparalleled skills but also for his unwavering kindness and guidance. She cherished the belief he had in her abilities, a belief that always managed to bolster her confidence.
[break][break]
With a slight adjustment of her backpack and a determined posture, An stood taller, ready to face the challenges ahead. "I've been training diligently, and after I graduate from the Academy, I'll give my all to make Kirigakure proud," she declared, her eyes shining with determination. "I understand it won't be easy, but with your guidance, I'm confident I can succeed. I've been practicing rigorously since our last meeting."
[break][break]
As the mist began to envelop them, An felt a surge of excitement coursing through her, mingling with the chilly air. "What's the plan for today?" she inquired, her curiosity bubbling over. Training sessions with Kimihiro were always a delight; his teaching style resonated perfectly with her. Not only did she gain new knowledge and skills, but she also thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
[break][break]
With her question hanging in the air, An's eyes were filled with anticipation.
[break][break]
[break][break]
As a member of the Gurē clan, An has gained the potential to combine her body with flora and the ground itself because of the similarities in her genetic makeup to fungi. She is able to link her chakra to the underground network of organic matter, which includes plant roots, water veins, and decomposing materials. For example, An can hide in things like trees, shrubs and roots, soil, and so on. Once fused, not only is her presence completely hidden and only felt by those with chakra recognition, but it also allows her to travel within the subterranean web of organic matter.
[break]

[break][break]
[break][break]
An can grow, shape, and manipulate all forms of fungi, including but not limited to yeasts and mold, along with poisonous and non-poisonous mushrooms, thanks to the Gurē clan's chakra and genetic makeup. An has the ability to grow fungi on just about any surface. Because An’s genetic makeup is more similar to that of fungi than that of humans, she can use techniques based on Fungi anatomy, such as secretions or enzymes from various Fungi. She can easily generate or grow any part of a Fungi's anatomy from her own body by using chakra to further alter her own cells. Finally, because these techniques are made from her own cells or bodily fluids, such as converting her saliva into a specific Fungi secretion, An is immune to their effects.

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 267
[break]

[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(90%) contrast(90%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #68aaf5; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #68aaf5; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #68aaf5; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
Chasing DreamsSept 25, 2023 0:52:37 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 4/4 rank Special Jounin occupation Sixth Seat of the Seven Swordsmen

Kaguya Kimihiro

"If I startled you Anpan-chan, that means you need to work on your awareness, not everyone who sneaks up on you just wants to tickle you~" the Kaguya commented cheerfully, reaching up to ruffle the girl's hair as well just to emphasise his point. The young man was completely unaware of An's thoughts on his mentorship, and would be the first to deny any skill in teaching, honestly he had no idea what he was doing, and mostly tried to focus on not doing what his brothers had when training him, while trying to mimic the level of success that they had.

He had been strong enough, fast enough, and sneaky enough to have killed many grown shinobi during the civil war, even at An's age, but he refused to inflict the same training on someone else. There was a reason he barely thought of his brothers anymore... he could barely name them if asked.

"Hmm, hmm," he mused dramatically, shaking away the negative thoughts as he focused back on the more pleasant (if still baffling) situation of teaching a young shinobi, "well, I suppose that depends on what you want to learn. We're done with your kekkai genkai ne? So swordsmanship? Strength or speed training perhaps? Stealth? Maybe just regular taijutsu? Or is there something you'd rather focus on?" 

He wasn't her official sensei, and while they couldn't stop him teaching her, the instructors of the Academy absolutely could and did prevent him from looking through academic records, so he'd just teach her what she wanted to learn and offer advice if he thought it was a less than useful option.

No point killing her desire to learn after all.

Word Count: 281
Tags:
Training: 2/5
Chasing DreamsSept 26, 2023 7:13:44 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

An's eyes widened as Kimihiro playfully ruffled her hair, his words bringing a warm smile to her face. She cherished these moments of lightheartedness with him, knowing that beneath his carefree exterior lay a wealth of experience and knowledge she could tap into. "Ah, Kimi-san, you're right," she chuckled, her embarrassment fading as she nodded in agreement. "I'll work on my awareness, but I can't help it when you catch me off guard like that."
[break][break]
As she considered Kimihiro's question about what she wanted to focus on, An's determination shone brightly. "I've made progress with my kekkai genkai, thanks to your guidance," she began, pausing for a moment, to consider her options, her brow furrowing in thought. While stealth, bukijutsu, and taijutsu were important skills, she realized that there was another crucial aspect she needed to address.
[break][break]
"Kimi-san, if it's alright with you, I'd also like to focus on improving my chakra reserves," she admitted, her tone earnest. "I've been feeling like I hit my limits too quickly during practical classes, and I think increasing my chakra capacity would greatly benefit my overall performance. It's a fundamental aspect of being a shinobi, after all."
[break][break]
She glanced at Kimihiro, hoping he would agree with her decision. An knew that having a mentor who understood the importance of chakra control and reserves was essential for her growth as a ninja. With his guidance, she believed she could make significant strides in this area as well.
[break][break]
"Of course, we can still work on stealth, swordsmanship, taijutsu, or any of the other options you mentioned, but if we could incorporate chakra training into our sessions, I'd really appreciate it," she added.
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break]

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 277
[break]

Chasing DreamsSept 28, 2023 22:51:28 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

Hmm, enhancing chakra reserves? That was something that he didn't exactly know how to do, though he could probably figure it out. Scratching at his chin thoughtfully, Kimihiro considered what sort of training he could offer An for such a goal. Chakra pool was often a mixture of familial predisposition and training, so... he scratched at the back of his head, an exaggerated thinking expression on his face as he tried to consider options, throwing away some that were too dangerous (the forceably bloating of one's chakra core through too much held chakra to 'stretch' it was one of his brothers' favoured tactics that had resulted in one of them dying).

"Well, as you should know from the Academy... I think.... I never went after all.... anyway~ chakra is created when you mix two very specific energies together, kinda like how bread is made when you mix water and flour! First you have your physical energy, it comes directly from your body and physical training, proper foods, health, and excerise are the things that effect your body."

Here, he poked An in the belly gently to emphasise his words, "And spiritual energy which comes from your brain and thoughts, you make this stronger through stuff like studying, meditation, and learning things through experience," moving his hand up quickly to poke An's forehead with a grin.

"So you take the flour, your physical energy, and the water, your spiritual energy, and mix them all together in your chakra core, and then mix all that up into the bread that is your jutsu! That means that to get more bread batter, you're gonna need more flour and more water. We gotta grow the grain to make the flour, through good nutrition, then we gotta grind the grains to turn them into flour, that's your physical training. And we need to get more water to mix with the flour, so meditation and studying. Put all that together with a bit of sweetness, and what do you get?"

Here, Kimihiro crouched a little to be at eye level with the girl giving her a grin that, to many others, might be terrifying but to her would just be kindly, "then you get Anpan, ne?"

Straightening up, the Kaguya looked around the training ground for a few moments before shaking his head, "so, here's what we're gonna do! I'm gonna make you an exercise plan, and an eating one, and every day we're gonna work together until you can't move anymore, and eat until you can't stand the sight of food. Then, we're gonna meditated to give your body time to relax and help gather water, and after that you're gonna do all your homework as well as study any scrolls we can find that you want to, to help you prepare! How does that sound? At the end of all this, you should build up not only chakra, but other important skills"

Considering his stature, slim frame, and overall attitude, it was easy to forget that Kimihiro was a Taijutsu and Bukijutsu specialist, who had spent nearly two decades building his body into the most lethal thing it could be. Helping one (1) academy student start down a similar path would be surprisingly easy for him.

Word Count: 542
Tags:
Training: 3/5

Chasing DreamsOct 1, 2023 13:35:03 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Kimihiro patiently explained the complexities of chakra and how to increase her chakra reserves to An. His analogy of combining physical and spiritual energy like flour and water to make bread simplified the concept for her. She nodded, appreciating his straightforward and relatable explanation.
[break][break]
When Kimihiro poked her in the belly and forehead to emphasize the importance of physical training and spiritual growth, she couldn't help but giggle. His playful approach made the daunting task ahead seem a lot more manageable.
[break][break]
As he continued to explain their plan, An's eyes sparkled with determination. She had always wanted to improve her abilities and make her family proud, and now she had a mentor willing to guide her. "Anpan, huh? That sounds delicious!" She replied with a grin, warming up to the idea.
[break][break]
An nodded enthusiastically in response to his plan. "I'm ready to work hard, Kimi-san! I'll follow your guidance every step of the way." She was filled with excitement and determination, ready to start the training to enhance her chakra reserves and become a better version of herself.
[break][break]
An felt she had found the perfect mentor to help her achieve her goals thanks to Kimihiro's expertise and encouragement. She couldn't wait to get started on their training regimen, "When do we begin?"
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break]

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 212
[break]

last edit by Gurē An on Oct 1, 2023 13:35:53 GMT -5
Chasing DreamsOct 4, 2023 7:50:05 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

"We should start now," he said, nodding decisively as he considered what would be best to do, "have you had breakfast yet? If so, what have you eaten?" The Kaguya waited for a response before making up his mind. "Alright, we're going to spend the morning running the village, and when we're done we'll get some food. Keep your backpack on, ok?" With that instruction, his hand came to his neck and a puff of smoke saw his massive sword appearing in his grip, the blade resting across his shoulders.

"Off we go Anpan-chan! Oh, and I want you to Henge into someone... your choice~" 

And with that, Kimihiro would start to jog off, slowly adjusting the pace as they began until he found the right pace to allow An to work on her cardio without running out of energy too quickly. It was fairly obvious that he was using his sword as an extra weight to make the run more difficult for him... though it was also relatively obvious that going at her pace wasn't enough to make him break a sweat. While it might be a little demotivational, perhaps it could also be inspirational. Once, Kimihiro was where An was now, and through his actions he was trying to show her that he would help her to reach his level.

Having led An on a merry winding run throughout the village, testing her speed and agility, her stamina, her balance, and her reaction time. Meanwhile he would greet numerous villagers by name as they jogged past, expertly maneuvering his massive sword in such a way that people were not at risk of being harmed by it.

Once he was sure he had wringed out every last bit of energy from An, he would take a turn down to one of the small parks that he had been carefully circling for the last ten minutes, a small water fountain the central feature of this little oasis of tranquility.

"Ok Anpan-chain, now for some stretches to cool down, then we'll meditate, and then food!" 

Word Count: 345
Tags:
Training: 4/5

Chasing DreamsOct 5, 2023 3:55:40 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

As Kimihiro suggested that she use the Henge no Jutsu, An nodded in agreement. "Got it. I will transform into my older brother," she closed her eyes and focused her chakra, channeling her energy to take on the appearance of her older brother - Sho when he was younger. A soft glow enveloped her, and when she opened her eyes again, she looked exactly like her brother did in his youth- her eyes purple now, her height taller and her voice deeper.
[break][break]

[break]
However, as she maintained the Henge no Jutsu while running, An felt the strain on her chakra reserves. It was like a slow but steady leak of energy, and she could sense her reserves depleting with each step. It was challenging to keep the transformation while also exerting herself physically.
[break][break]
As they ran, Kimihiro encouraged An to maintain her Henge no Jutsu, emphasizing the importance of multitasking and chakra control in real-life situations. An focused on maintaining her disguise, even as her chakra slowly drained. The strain was evident on her face. While Kimihiro effortlessly balanced his massive sword as they navigated the narrow paths, ensuring the safety of those around them, with no problems at all, as if this all was just a breeze to him.
[break][break]
After a series of winding turns and streets, Kimihiro led An to a serene park at the heart of the village. The park's centerpiece was a tranquil water fountain, its gentle flow adding to the peaceful ambiance. The journey to the park had served as a test of An's endurance, speed, and chakra control, and she felt a sense of accomplishment as they arrived. Thought beads of sweat had formed here and there and slowly made their way down as gravity pulled.
[break][break]
Breathing heavily, An maintained her Henge no Jutsu, her determination unwavering. She looked at Kimihiro with a mixture of relief and anticipation, knowing that this was just the beginning of their training regimen. The park offered a perfect setting for the next steps in their training – stretching, meditation, and a well-deserved meal. "Yes, Kimi-san!" An followed Kimihiro's lead as he demonstrated a series of stretching exercises. They stretched their arms, legs, and torso, allowing the tension to melt away. An focused on her breathing, inhaling deeply and exhaling slowly to calm her racing heart.
[break][break]
As they stretched, An could feel the fatigue from the run and the strain of maintaining the Henge slowly dissipating. She welcomed the refreshing sensation of her muscles loosening up and her chakra stabilizing.
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break]

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 419
[break]

last edit by Gurē An on Oct 5, 2023 3:56:53 GMT -5
Chasing DreamsOct 6, 2023 7:39:50 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

It was apparent that he was going to need to get some body weights to make this exercise beneficial to his own regime going forward, but that was fine, for some reason he had chosen to take on An's training and he wasn't the sort to just give up once he had begun something.

Instead he made sure to sit her down and take up a pose of his own, legs folding into a lotus postion even as his eyes slid shut. 

"Ok, first get as comfortable as you want. Some people might try and force you to sit like I am, or some other super important meditation pose that they think is the only way to do it, but it's waaaay more important that you are comfy. Meditation is a good thing, not a torture," he instructed, his voice becoming calmer and more serene. "Let your eyes close gently, don't squeeze them shut. Focus on your breath, on your body, feel them slow and settle, the tension flowing out of your limbs. Relax as much as you can, imagine resting all your weight on the ground, without changing your position. Find the pace of breathing that is most comfortable to you.... keep it slow and even... there's no right or wrong way to do this, you are just letting go of yourself, and focusing on you, your body, and the fact that you exist. Thre is nothing for you to do, nothing to judge yourself for, for this moment you just exist.... and existing is a marvellous thing"

And so Kimihiro guided her into her meditation, his voice meant to be the only thing outside of herself that she should acknowledge. Meditation was a skill that one must learn, and so he didn't expect her to fall deeply into it this time, but one step at a time. When it felt like she might become more unsettled, he guided her back out of the meditation, leading her back through the steps to become more and more aware. 

"And open your eyes..." he said quietly, calmly, his own sliding open to smile gently at the girl, "eventually you will be able to do that without me, for long periods of time. How do you feel?"

Word Count: 375
Tags:
Training: 5/5

Chasing DreamsOct 8, 2023 10:23:09 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Following Kimihiro's guidance, An settled into a comfortable position once more, closing her eyes gently. She began to focus on her breath, allowing the rhythm to slow and her body to relax. It was a challenge to clear her mind completely, but she followed Kimihiro's soothing voice, which helped her find a sense of inner peace.
[break][break]
As she meditated, An imagined her tension flowing out of her limbs, as if it were dissipating into the earth beneath her. She concentrated on her breathing, feeling the steady rise and fall of her chest. Gradually, the outside world faded away, and she became more aware of herself, her body, and the simple act of existence.
[break][break]
Time seemed to stretch as An continued to follow Kimihiro's guidance, allowing herself to fully embrace the present moment. When he instructed her to open her eyes, she did so with a newfound sense of calm and clarity. Eventually, Kimihiro's voice brought her back to the present. An opened her eyes, feeling refreshed and centered. She offered a grateful nod to her mentor. "I feel... rejuvenated. It's like all my feelings of tiredness and exhaustion have been washed away to a certain degree," she admitted, her voice filled with appreciation.
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break]

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 203
[break]

Chasing DreamsOct 12, 2023 7:45:04 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

The Kaguya nodded slightly with a crooked but honest smile, "good, so it's done its job then" he stated, clambering to his feet easily, "now for food!" And with that, he began to lead An down towards the nearest collection of food stalls for a hearty meal, "after we've eaten, we'll take you back to the Academy for your lessons, and I'll work on putting together your training and eating regime to get you ready for the exam~ I should be done by the time you finish for the day. I'll try and train with you every day too, unless I get sent off to do a mission."

If someone asked him why he was doing so much, he wouldn't be able to explain it, not even a little bit. All he knew is that the little sweetroll had brazenly walked up to the Kaguya compound one day with nothing but determination and promptly clawed her way into his life and refused to clamber back out. 

Huh

The thought vanished into the ether of his mind as he stopped at a Soba stand and ordered four bowls, two with fish and two with pork belly, planting one of each in front of An as he took the other two for himself.

"Eat up, gotta regain your chakra if you want it to grow~"

Word Count: 223
Tags:
Training: 6/5

Chasing DreamsOct 13, 2023 12:52:33 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

An's heartfelt gratitude was visible in her warm smile as she thanked Kimihiro, her mentor and newfound friend. She couldn't help but feel fortunate for having crossed paths with him. With a steaming bowl of fish Soba in front of her, she took a bite and couldn't contain her delight. "Thank you, Kimi-san," An said between bites, her voice laced with appreciation. The food was indeed a treat, and she couldn't help but let her eyes sparkle with delight as she savored each mouthful. "This is absolutely delicious!"
[break][break]
Once the meal was over, the pair began their journey back to the Academy. An noticed that her body still carried a bit of fatigue from the earlier run. Her muscles felt a touch sore, a reminder of the effort they had exerted. However, the feeling of physical tiredness was significantly alleviated thanks to the meditation practice they had engaged in earlier. An felt a sense of calm and rejuvenation that left her feeling ready to tackle her afternoon lessons.
[break][break]
As they strolled through the Academy grounds, students bustled around, engaged in various activities. An felt a renewed sense of determination, eager to apply the lessons and training she was receiving from Kimihiro in her own studies too.
[break][break]
- E X I T-
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break]

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 206
[break]

last edit by Gurē An on Oct 28, 2023 4:51:42 GMT -5
Chasing DreamsOct 18, 2023 6:30:09 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

Stopping outside of the Academy, Kimihiro considered the building for a few long moments. It was a far cry from the dirt and dust of the places he had been trained, and he couldn't help but be glad for that. For some reason whenever he was around An his memories returned to his own childhood and now he could acknowledge that it was... definitely not the best.

Once, he wouldn't have even thought of the past, it had no place in his life for the longest time. There wasn't really anything but a continuous present. No past, no future, just the here and now, and ongoing existence that would continue until it didn't. But... having the little Gure shred through the haze and general cheerful apathy that existed within his mind, the lithe Kaguya found himself not only reflecting on the past, but considering the future far more often.

It was scary, and painful, and he still fell back into that hazy 'presentness' for large stretches of time, but it had calmed him down significantly it seemed, at least according to his 'peers' amidst the oinin... those that weren't too wary to talk to him anyway.

Absently reaching out to ruffle at An's hair, Kimihiro's smile was a little unsteady as he sent her on her way, an odd feeling in his chest as she stepped away.

"Have a good day..." he half said, voice a little too quiet to carry over the sounds of the students.

Weird.

Word Count: 248
Tags:
Training: 7/7