Surface Level

compose a reply
Surface LevelOct 1, 2023 17:46:49 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 37 years old birthday January 7 rank Elite Jounin occupation Genin Team 3 Leader
Tetsumaki Shirai was undoubtedly one of the finest Shinobi left in the Tetsumaki Clan. Having been ravaged from the third great ninja war and catastrophes far and wide, she stood as one of their most prominent fighters. She'd been looking on over at the case file of her new younglings, and found that she wanted to meet with them one on one before bringing them together. So she'd have a basis of what to expect from each of them, their flaws and behaviors, and otherwise. It was easiest to start with someone within the clan. Utagawa Matoi. Another one of those poor orphans. Always a kind of a stoic loner last the recalled. Quiet, after the death of her parents.

Maybe she should have pushed a little harder to have adopted her. Been there a little bit more. Alas, in those days, she was more focused on heavier missions. Recovering from her own challenges. Working hard to ensure the prosperity and growth of Kumogakure. For unlike many of the younger children of this generation, Shirai remembered the great era of prosperity for Kumo. Before the Shimogakure conflict. Before the plague. Though she didn't despair about those things. Instead, she aspired to bring Kumo back to that glory day. Seating herself along a clan compound training post, she kicked her legs back and forth along the post. 

"Ara ara...I need to make a good strong impression." She says, lightly clapping her hand along her cheeks. Hopefully. Her young pupil and disciple would reveal themselves in short order. They'd have work to do today. Especially if they were going to be a kickass Kunoichi for the next generation. 
dandead10#5303 has written 64 posts
Surface LevelOct 5, 2023 0:44:46 GMT -5
Utagawa Matoi
Utagawa Matoi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Genin Team 3
[googlefont="Open Sans"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=Post]
[attr="class","lightbluetext"]Matoi hurried along the path to the training grounds. Today was the day that she would finally master walking on water. She’d had trouble learning how to walk on walls and water had seemed to be impossible to reach, but she was going to get it this time. Her secret weapon was that she was being taught by her older cousin, who also happened to be her new sensei.

It was a lot to consider. But those revelations could wait, she had a mission to do.

She arrived at the training grounds and saw the purple-haired visage of her sensei sitting atop one of the training posts that were set along the edge of the compound’s training area. Shirai was apparently waiting for her to appear.

The sight made her momentarily panic, thinking she was running late. She prided herself on being on time for things, so being late for a first official meeting would be terrible. But a quick glance at the sun showed that her fears were unwarranted, her cousin must have just showed up early.

Picking up the pace, Matoi jogged the rest of the short distance. "Morning Shirai-san," she said from behind her mask. She stopped short of the older woman, folding her hands behind her and began rocking on her feet. "How’re you today?"

She was eager to get started, but it wouldn’t do to forgo the pleasantries that were expected of her.

[/PTab={width:25%;padding:25px;background:transparent;}]

[PTab=Items]
[attr="class","lightbluetext"]01 | Rakurai
Whip Dagger
With a press of a button located beneath the hilt, Rakurai is able to separate its segments and turn into a five foot long bladed whip. It is able to be maneuvered just as a normal whip would be. And with another press of the button, the whip is able to retract back into its dagger form.

[PTab=Jutsu]
[attr="class","lightbluetext"]Jutsu
lorem ipsum

[PTab=Abilities]
[attr="class","lightbluetext"]『Divine Lightning Body』
Having accessed the Clan's hijutsu at a rather young age, she's spent her years learning to master The Storm. She is able to transform part or the entirety of her body using the Divine Lightning Body and is able to pass through objects that are reactive to lightning. Practically the embodiment of lightning, she can use her skills to increase the speed, reactions and fighting capability significantly.

She becomes part of The Storm itself, giving her near immunity to other Raiton-based attacks. The caveat of this is she is incapable of learning any other elemental natures outside of her natural Raiton.

『Purple Lightning』
Having spent several years training her ability in using ninjutsu, specifically Raiton, few of her age has reached the level of mastery she has.

Some may call the element erratic and dangerous, but she has complete control over the bolts of energy she can create. Not only are the raiton techniques which Matoi utilizes much more powerful than standard, they're also a bright purple in color.

[/PTabbedContent={background:transparent;border:0px;width:80%;}]

[newclass=".PT_table .PT_tabs"]font-size:12px;border:0px;padding:10px;text-align:center;color:#8e57a9;background-color:white;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".PT_table .PT_tabs_selected"]font-size:12px;border:0px;padding:10px;text-align:center;color:white;background-color:#8e57a9;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover"]font-size:12px;border:0px;padding:10px;text-align:center;color:white;background-color:#8e57a9;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".PT_table .PT_tabs_hover"]font-size:12px;border:0px;padding:10px;text-align:center;color:white;background-color:#f2f03e;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lightbluetext"]width:400px;text-align:justify;font-family:Open Sans;font-size:12px;color:#111111;margin-top:-20px;[/newclass]
last edit by Utagawa Matoi on Oct 5, 2023 0:45:41 GMT -5
apalooka has written 94 posts
Surface LevelFeb 13, 2024 0:39:09 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 37 years old birthday January 7 rank Elite Jounin occupation Genin Team 3 Leader
What a peppy introduction! Looking upon the colorful masked pupil of hers, she finds herself seated before looking upon her. "Fantastic. Absolutely fantastic ." She says with a bright smile as she looks her over. They had some things to cover. "Normally, I'd begin by having us bond and socialize, but today? I know you're eager for training." Rising from her post, she finds herself making it clear today's objectives.

"Chakra Control. It's a fundamental skill every ninja needs to know. You might know of the leaf exercise. Stick a leaf or spoon to your head and make it spin. Or walking along the surface of trees. Now we're here to take it a step further. Walking on water. I know you've got issues with chakra control, and that's fine. Because I'm here to teach you." Taking the liberty to look out to the nearest pond, she applies a layer of chakra to her feet as she walks along the surface. Slight ripples of her step as she moves out to the center. "If you can master this exercise? You can learn nearly any jutsu."

"Which is important for our clan's techniques." Clenching her right fist, she decides to look Matoi over. "Feel free to tell me how far you've gotten, and what you understand. Otherwise kiddo. Ask away." Tapping her right foot along the water's surface, she could see the water's vibrations, continuing to ripple as if she was standing on a solid surface. "And while we're at it? Tell me your dreams and goals for the future."
Surface LevelApr 2, 2024 20:54:31 GMT -5
Utagawa Matoi
Utagawa Matoi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[googlefont="Open Sans"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=Post]
[attr="class","lightbluetext"]In the serene ambiance of the training grounds, Matoi listened intently to Shirai-san's instructions, her mask hiding the mix of determination and anxiety flickering across her face. The concept of chakra control wasn't new to her, but the application had always been a hurdle. Today's lesson on walking on water was more than just a training exercise; it was a metaphorical step towards overcoming her limitations.

"I've managed to master the leaf exercise and walking on trees," Matoi began, her voice steady despite the butterflies in her stomach. "But water... it's been a challenge. It feels like the chakra slips away just when I think I've got it." Her admission was honest, revealing the struggles she faced with chakra manipulation.

Drawing a deep breath, she stepped closer to the pond, watching as Shirai-san stood effortlessly on the water's surface. "My goal," Matoi continued, turning Shirai's question over in her mind, "is to become a shinobi worthy of our clan. To protect and elevate it, especially after all we've been through." Her voice carried a weight of solemn determination, a testament to her resolve and the burdens of their shared history.

"I want to master our clan's techniques, to ensure that our legacy endures through whatever challenges come our way. And personally," she added, a softer edge creeping into her tone, "I want to overcome my limitations, to prove to myself... and to others, that I'm more than just another orphan."

Matoi then turned her gaze back to Shirai, a mix of respect and a plea for guidance in her eyes. "But for now, my immediate goal is to stand on that water with you, to take that first step. How do I keep my chakra from slipping away? How do I find that balance?" Her questions were both practical and philosophical, seeking not just the mechanics of the jutsu but the inner equilibrium required to execute it.

As Matoi awaited Shirai's guidance, the pond before them shimmered under the morning sun, a silent witness to the beginning of a journey that was about to unfold. This moment was more than just a lesson; it was a bridge between the past and the future, between trials and triumphs. And somewhere in that delicate balance, Matoi hoped to find her path, not just as a shinobi, but as a beacon of hope for her clan and for Kumogakure.

[PTab=Items]
Whip Dagger
With a press of a button located beneath the hilt, Rakurai is able to separate its segments and turn into a five foot long bladed whip. It is able to be maneuvered just as a normal whip would be. And with another press of the button, the whip is able to retract back into its dagger form.

[PTab=Jutsu]
lorem ipsum

[PTab=Abilities]
Having accessed the Clan's hijutsu at a rather young age, she's spent her years learning to master The Storm. She is able to transform part or the entirety of her body using the Divine Lightning Body and is able to pass through objects that are reactive to lightning. Practically the embodiment of lightning, she can use her skills to increase the speed, reactions and fighting capability significantly.

She becomes part of The Storm itself, giving her near immunity to other Raiton-based attacks. The caveat of this is she is incapable of learning any other elemental natures outside of her natural Raiton.

『Purple Lightning』
Having spent several years training her ability in using ninjutsu, specifically Raiton, few of her age has reached the level of mastery she has.

Some may call the element erratic and dangerous, but she has complete control over the bolts of energy she can create. Not only are the raiton techniques which Matoi utilizes much more powerful than standard, they're also a bright purple in color.

[newclass=".PT_table .PT_tabs"]font-size:12px;border:0px;padding:10px;text-align:center;color:#8e57a9;background-color:white;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".PT_table .PT_tabs_selected"]font-size:12px;border:0px;padding:10px;text-align:center;color:white;background-color:#8e57a9;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover"]font-size:12px;border:0px;padding:10px;text-align:center;color:white;background-color:#8e57a9;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".PT_table .PT_tabs_hover"]font-size:12px;border:0px;padding:10px;text-align:center;color:white;background-color:#f2f03e;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lightbluetext"]width:400px;text-align:justify;font-family:Open Sans;font-size:12px;color:#111111;margin-top:-20px;[/newclass]
last edit by apalooka on Apr 10, 2024 2:59:48 GMT -5
Surface LevelApr 11, 2024 10:31:32 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
A respectable goal, and good way of thinking, but Shirai found it was far from original. "Focus on developing yourself, and when the time comes, you will be asked what you can do for the clan. Instead, think about what we can do to elevate you. to accomplish your dreams and goals." That said, she asked her? How do you maintain balance? How do you keep the chakra from slipping away? In which case, she slowly looks upon her, and thinks of a few pointers.

"For one? Maintain a calm and cool head. If you slip into the water? It's just water. It isn't going to kill you. Two...The ram chakra seal beforehand helps people with control before they enter, especially if they need to focus on select amounts. Three. Step out with just one foot. Fluctuate the amount of chakra so you can support your weight on that foot on the water alone. Then do the same to the left. The amount of chakra needed to stay on the surface should be constant, and consistent." She says, tapping her feet along the pond as to show that it was an undoubtable truth. Though, it was there, she'd lift her left sole and show demonstration.

"Apply chakra to the soles of your feet, and understand that unlike the surface of a tree, water's surface tension is much less. Very thin. It's a process of feeling. Instinct. And as you get the feel for it, it'll come to second nature. And will possible even be used to save your life someday." She calls out with a neat and firm expression. "Any questions? If not. It's time for you to give it a shot and apply what I told you."
Surface LevelApr 11, 2024 10:56:43 GMT -5
Utagawa Matoi
Utagawa Matoi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[googlefont="Open Sans"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=Post]
[attr="class","lightbluetext"]Matoi absorbed Shirai-san's guidance with a mixture of anticipation, excitement, and a little anxiety. The concept of using the ram chakra seal as a preliminary step was new to her, a technique that might just bridge the gap in her chakra control issues. With a nod, she acknowledged her sensei's advice, determined to face the water challenge head-on.

Approaching the pond's edge, she formed the ram seal, focusing her chakra with intention. The calm before the attempt was almost serene, her breathing steady, her mind clear. "It's just water," she reminded herself, echoing Shirai's earlier reassurance.

With a cautious step, Matoi extended her foot towards the water, trying to apply the chakra as Shirai had described. However, the moment her foot touched the surface, a jolt of uncertainty disrupted her concentration. The chakra slipped away like sand through fingers, and with a splash, her foot sank into the pond, soaking her up to the knee.

Pulling her foot out, Matoi stood there, a mix of frustration and embarrassment coloring her cheeks beneath her mask. The water, so calm and inviting under Shirai's effortless tread, seemed to mock her failure. Yet, the setback didn't dim the determination in her eyes; if anything, it kindled a stronger resolve.

"I... I lost focus," Matoi admitted, turning to face Shirai, seeking both reassurance and correction. "The chakra felt right at first, but then it just... vanished. I know I can do this, I just need to understand what went wrong."

Shirai's presence was both a comfort and a challenge, a reminder of the standards Matoi aspired to meet. "How do you keep it steady? The chakra, I mean. How do you stop it from slipping away when standing on something as unstable as water?" Matoi's questions were more than just inquiries about technique; they expressed her desire to overcome the hurdles in her path, to transform her failures into stepping stones.

The pond lay tranquil in the early morning light, its surface undisturbed save for the ripples spreading from where Matoi had stumbled. Though a minor setback, this moment was an integral step in her journey, a testament to her perseverance and commitment to mastering the art of walking on water.

Matoi awaited Shirai's feedback, ready to try again, her spirit undampened. Her failure was not a defeat but a lesson she was determined to learn from.

[PTab=Items]
Whip Dagger

[PTab=Jutsu]
lorem ipsum

[PTab=Abilities]

『Purple Lightning』

last edit by Utagawa Matoi on Apr 11, 2024 10:57:02 GMT -5
Surface LevelApr 12, 2024 1:37:37 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
"That's the thing. Instinct. There's going to be a point in time where you're not going to be able to focus on those subtle shifts, and the surface of the water." She says, and with it, to prove a point, she without warning flashes in front of Matoi and punches out with her right fist, straight and whooshing past her right ear, just narrowly missing her cheek. "How in the hell are you going to be able to focus on a fight when you're worrying about if you can walk or not?" She says, putting it to her bluntly. "There is no "secret method." Nothing like that. It's really quite simple."

"You need to concentrate. If you don't? When you're out there in the middle of combat? You'll die. Your friends will die. Everyone dies." She says, and with it, she proceeds to press her hand along Matoi's back. "Focus on the task at hand, and let no distractions fill your mind. Those intrusive thoughts are nothing but detractions." She says, and with it, with utmost confidence, Shirai slowly steps one foot onto the water, a slight ripple, adjusting the feel, and with it, she takes one step after another. Keeping it consistent as she continues to traverse across its depths. "Simple. Easy."

"I'm going to need you to learn these techniques if I'm going to show you any more of our clan's jutsu, and especially if I'm to show you a jutsu I've developed myself. The Kami no Kaminari no Jutsu." God of lightning technique? Now wasn't that a name?
last edit by Shirai Tetsumaki on Apr 12, 2024 1:39:25 GMT -5
Surface LevelApr 12, 2024 8:47:02 GMT -5
Utagawa Matoi
Utagawa Matoi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[googlefont="Open Sans"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=Post]
[attr="class","lightbluetext"]Matoi's eyes were fixed firmly on Shirai, absorbing every critique and instruction with the seriousness it deserved. Her earlier falter at the pond's edge had shifted something fundamental within her, sparking a deeper understanding of the discipline required of a shinobi.

"I understand, Shirai-san," Matoi responded, her voice reflecting her renewed commitment, even though it was tinged with a bit of nervousness. Positioning herself once again at the water’s edge, Matoi closed her eyes briefly, centering her thoughts and steadying her breath. Embracing Shirai's admonition to cast aside distractions, she formed the ram seal, channeling her chakra with a newfound calmness. "Just me and the water," she whispered to herself.

With a deep breath, she cautiously stepped forward, chakra flowing more deliberately to her soles. This time, the pond’s surface held her weight, though her foot wobbled slightly—a modest victory but significant. Encouraged, she took another step, her chakra stabilizing as she focused solely on the sensation underfoot, the cool water barely contained by her chakra’s force.

Turning to Shirai with a tentative smile, still fighting a little for balance, Matoi managed, "It’s holding...somewhat. I’m doing it!" Her excitement was tinged with a note of surprise and a continued effort to stabilize herself.

Steadying herself on the water’s surface, Matoi looked toward Shirai, whose presence in the pond's center served as a constant reminder of the mastery she aspired to achieve. "I still need to refine it some more, to make it second nature. What should my next focus be to enhance my abilities and ensure I can meet our clan’s expectations?" Her question was earnest, reflecting a bit of both her commitment to her path and the reality of her ongoing struggle for control.

The pond shimmered under the morning sun, a testament to the steps she had taken and the journey still ahead. Matoi awaited Shirai's guidance, her spirit determined to overcome the instabilities of her current skill and advance further in her shinobi training.

[PTab=Items]
Whip Dagger

[PTab=Jutsu]
lorem ipsum

[PTab=Abilities]

『Purple Lightning』

last edit by Utagawa Matoi on Apr 12, 2024 8:48:57 GMT -5
Surface LevelApr 20, 2024 8:48:24 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
She found herself looking at Matoi and her progress, keeping a mental log, and realized that her student had some desire, a need for direction and purpose. Primarily from her as a figure of authority to figure where she needed to grow. A milestone. A marker. Where with it, Shirai finds herself taking a deep breath of consideration. Now wasn't that the topic of the day? "Well...Since the clan's gradual growth. I need people to help me rustle in the young recruits. Someone they can look up to. I'll be teaching you our clan's jutsu, so don't worry on that front." She says.

"I think we need to get you some field experience. Take some missions in order to immerse you on what your skills lack, and round those out. My goal is to get you to the rank of Chuunin. If we can get you there? I'll be giving you some personal assignments of my own." Taking the liberty to slowly step out along the surface of the water, she slowly slides her foot across the surface, showing the ripples of the water, as she looks upon Matoi, her own visage a reflection of grace and poised perfection from years of experience. "Some tips..."

"Our clan's jutsu is incredibly potent and dangerous on its own, but with the aid of water? We can truly become frightening. Because we can conduct through it, utilize it as a tool for the environment. And with experience and feeling? You can do things like this." She says, her left foot kicking into the water and slipping through it as she kicks a wave of water into her pupil's face, to potentially disrupt her concentration and send her falling into the pool. Where within a few moments, Shirai chuckles at the rookie. "I think you can get an idea of what other things we can use it for..."
Surface LevelApr 20, 2024 23:01:56 GMT -5
Utagawa Matoi
Utagawa Matoi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[googlefont="Open Sans"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=Post]
[attr="class","lightbluetext"]Matoi staggered slightly as the unexpected splash of water hit her face, the shock breaking her concentration momentarily. Her foot broke through the surface and she almost lost her balance as it sunk into the pond. Despite the sudden wetness chilling her cheeks and toes, she managed to not fall fully into the water, catching herself with a surge of chakra into her feet and hands to grab onto the surface of the water.

Wiping the water from her eyes with a quick, irritated swipe of her hand, she couldn't help but let out a short laugh, acknowledging her mentor's playful lesson in adaptability and awareness.

"Right, I see your point," Matoi said, regaining her stance with a firmer chakra grip beneath her soles.

The cold splash had been a clear reminder of the unpredictability she should be prepared to handle. "Using the environment to our advantage is a clever tactic."

Glancing around the pond, she considered the practical applications of their clan's jutsu with water. Electricity and water were boon companions, if you were trying to cause a lot of damage, that is. The potential for strategic superiority was intriguing, sparking ideas of how she might use such techniques in real scenarios.

"About the field missions," Matoi continued, her tone now more reflective and focused, "I'm ready to take on whatever challenges come. I’ve actually been on a few already. It’s clear that practical experience is what I need to refine these skills and truly understand our jutsu's capabilities."

She paused for a moment, her gaze settling back on Shirai, gaze filled with admiration mixed with resolve. "And about reaching the rank of Chuunin—I'm working tirelessly on it. Not just to meet the expectations, but to surpass them."

Matoi’s determination was palpable, her readiness to evolve from novice to a full-fledged shinobi evident in her voice and posture. She was committed to pushing beyond the boundaries of her current abilities, driven by a deep desire to contribute meaningfully to her clan and to honor the legacy her village.

[PTab=Items]
Whip Dagger

[PTab=Jutsu]
lorem ipsum

[PTab=Abilities]

『Purple Lightning』