hishaisha's office hours | asago

compose a reply
hishaisha's office hours | asagoOct 5, 2023 6:32:43 GMT -5
tokonatsu yukari
this time will be the time we get it right.
tokonatsu yukari Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
age 31 years old birthday september 29 rank sp. jounin occupation medical corps

DON'T THINK ABOUT THE CONSEQUENCES

Yukari had neither enough rank nor notoriety to warrant needing her own office, but she did have her own desk at the research lab. Everything in its presentation was as meticulous as Yukari herself: clean, put-together, not a paper nor pen out of place.

She had long ago made it a habit to make herself available at specific times and on specific days. This was the time she used for busywork: tidying her desk, sorting her files, making her to-do list for the upcoming days and weeks and months and years. If she was needed, whether that was because her superior officers wanted to drop a new project in her lap, or because a med corps genin needed her to consult on a patient, then she was available from 1100 to 1400 every other day. These hours were not posted. If you weren’t familiar enough with Yukari to know her schedule, then your need was not likely to rank high in her estimation or list of priorities.

Some people got lucky, and went looking for her at the precise time that she was available. She had no door to knock on, but she knew the sound of someone approaching her desk when she heard it, so she looked up with a flat, unimpressed gaze to see a face she did not recognize. She pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose and her mouth twitched into the barest suggestion of a frown.

"Yes?” she asked, polite but chilly. "Can I help you?”

LAIKA OF THQ
tactician has written 38 posts
hishaisha's office hours | asagoOct 9, 2023 23:11:29 GMT -5
Oborozuki Asago
The blood of the covenant runs thicker than the water of the womb.
Oborozuki Asago Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday July 26th, 1008 rank Chūnin occupation Operations Team 2 Member

[nospaces]

[newclass="#asago"]--accent:#bf9bcd; --accent2:HEXCODE HERE; --tempimg:url(https://i.imgur.com/Nluc6e8.gif);[/newclass]

[attr="class","LOUDWRAPPER"][attr="id","asago"]

[attr="class","LOUDHEADER"]

While you mf's waitin[break]
I be off the slave ship[break]

BUILDING PYRAMIDS, WRITING MY OWN HIEROGLYPHS

[attr="class","LOUDPOSTENTRY"]

"Let's hope for her sake that the information I received was accurate...", he said casually with an ominous grin, his violet kimono maneuvering throughout the halls of ivory and unnatural purity. The Dokuzetsu had come before to the research facility to find the one known as the "Hishaisha", but on that day she was nowhere to be found, and as a result he was warned that she was actually quite elusive around the place, only appearing during certain hours. Instead of leaving that day empty-handed, he managed to swoon one of the female researchers to send for him once the "Hishaisha" showed face in the building, and luckily for her she followed through on that promise.[break][break]

Not exactly one to actively seek out assistance from others, Asago had learned that the deadly creature from his past that he sought to defeat specialized in poisons and venom, and since he also had a fondness for employing noxious substances, he figured it would be advantageous to create his own resistance to it. However, the time he would have to dedicate to learning the strenuous toxicology and dealing with it's trial and errors was undoubtedly beyond what he deemed feasible, and so he decided it was best to leave it in the hands of a professional.[break][break]

Hence the reasoning for wanting to speak with an esteemed medical shinobi on the subject. The institution felt foreign to him, as he had never spent much time in one such as this, nor that of a hospital. Curiosity crept about for a bit as he contemplated what dark experiments might've transpired there, but his focus remained in tune with why he had come in the first place. For a moment, he even tasted an air of jealousy, dreaming of how nice it would be to have people be dependent on you so eagerly.[break][break]

Tokonatsu Yukari's reputation around Takigakure was no secret though, and with little investigation the Oborozuki member was pointed in their direction to further his goal. Asago's echoing footsteps came to a halt once he read the doctor's name on the front of an office door, licking his lips as he turned the knob and stepped through. There sat a blonde woman who acknowledged his presence rather coldly, and although her beauty shocked him for a moment, he wasted no time to answer her question.[break][break]

"Doctor Tokonatsu, I hope that this isn't a bad time," Asago pleaded, closing the door behind him, "but I have a rather strange proposition. My name is Oborozuki Asago, I'm a Chūnin and let's just say I have a strong desire to become stronger, no matter how dangerous and unorthodox the methods. Long story short, I want to become immune to poisons, and I was told that there was no one better to seek out than you, the one they call 'Hishaisha'..."

[attr="class","LOUDBOTTOM"]

[attr="class","dijitalccredit"]✭ dijit

[googlefont=/fonts.googleapis.com/]

[googlefont=Kanit:600|Red+Hat+Display]

[newclass=".LOUDWRAPPER"]width:450px; background-color:#161616; background-image:url(https://www.toptal.com/designers/subtlepatterns/uploads/concrete_seamless.png); background-blend-mode:overlay; margin-top:40px; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; display:flex; flex-direction:column; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDHEADER"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:var(--tempimg); background-blend-mode:multiply; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 20px 3px #00000050 inset; -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 20px 3px #00000050 inset; box-shadow: 50px -50px 100px 3px #00000090 inset; height:200px; background-size:450px; background-position:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDHEADER h1"]height:200px; width:450px; color:var(--accent2); text-align:center; font-size:35px; line-height:25px; text-transform:uppercase; z-index:1; text-shadow:0px 0px 15px black; isolation: isolate; font-family: 'Kanit', sans-serif; margin:0px; margin-top:-205px; display:flex; flex-direction:column; justify-content:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDHEADER b"]color:#fafafafa; font-size:12px; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDHEADER img"]width:450px; height:200px; z-index:0; margin:0px; mix-blend-mode:overlay;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDPOSTENTRY"]padding:20px; margin:20px; border:1px solid var(--accent); font-size:14px; line-height:18px; color:#8B8B8B; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Red Hat Display', sans-serif; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 20px 3px #00000050 inset; -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 20px 3px #00000050 inset; box-shadow: 0px 0px 100px 3px #00000090 inset;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDPOSTENTRY p"]margin:0px; margin-bottom:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDPOSTENTRY b"]color:var(--accent2);[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDPOSTENTRY a"]color:#fafafa;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDPOSTENTRY p:last-child"]margin-bottom:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDBOTTOM"]height:40px; background-size:450px; background-position:center; background-color:var(--accent); background-image:var(--tempimg); background-blend-mode:multiply; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 20px 3px #00000050 inset; -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 20px 3px #00000050 inset; box-shadow: 50px -50px 100px 3px #00000090 inset;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDBOTTOM a"]color:#fafafa50!important; font-size:20px; text-transform:uppercase; line-height:40px; float:right; margin-right:10px; font-family: 'Kanit', sans-serif; text-decoration:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDBOTTOM a:hover"]color:#fafafa90!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dijitalccredit"]width:380px; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; text-align:center; margin-bottom:20px;[/newclass]
last edit by Oborozuki Asago on Oct 9, 2023 23:17:42 GMT -5
Ikon has written 6 posts
hishaisha's office hours | asagoOct 18, 2023 6:01:06 GMT -5
tokonatsu yukari
tokonatsu yukari Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Her visitor was a slight boy, smaller than Yukari herself, though he seemed similar enough to her in built despite their difference in height; whether that was a testament to his physicality or a cool critique of her own remained to be seen. He had a wild look about him that made her nose wrinkle. Her maternal instincts had never been fully realized, but there was something in her that longed to tidy his hair into something that looked more respectable for a chuunin of Takigakure.

There was a chair on the opposite side of her desk, though she did not ask the boy to sit. Instead she leveled a critical gaze at him. Her eyes were so dark that they could have swallowed all the light around them; her pupils were nearly indistinguishable from her irises.

"You were told incorrectly,” Yukari said sharply. "Mikatakujira-sama would be the more skilled person to speak to, though they have a lot on their plate as of late.” Privately, she doubted if a run-of-the-mill chuunin would be allowed access to Ruto; as far as she knew, they were still under strict observation, and she was unsure how much they were allowed to interact with the rank-and-file of Takigakure.

But perhaps there was an opportunity here. A chuunin… Touwa’s academy exam was fast-approaching, and she worried that he would not be ready for the brutality that the wilds of Bonchi no Kuni would impose upon him. Tadashi had always been too soft an instructor, in her estimation. A brash young man might serve as an effective tutor in the ways of the world, distanced from the discomfort that their little family unit carried through all their interactions.

Kindness can be its own reward, Kyuusai murmured.

All the more if something tangible is attached.

"I might be able to help you,” she said after a moment, folding her hands on her desk. "Immunity is impossible—a secret known only to a select few clans of the world, and closely guarded at that. Resistance could be possible, if you are willing to help me in exchange. What is your interest in poisons?” Her eyes narrowed, just so. "What is your interest in power?

LAIKA OF THQ
hishaisha's office hours | asagoOct 27, 2023 2:19:28 GMT -5
Oborozuki Asago
The blood of the covenant runs thicker than the water of the womb.
Oborozuki Asago Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday July 26th, 1008 rank Chūnin occupation Operations Team 2 Member
[nospaces]

[newclass="#asago"]--accent:#bf9bcd; --accent2:HEXCODE HERE; --tempimg:url(https://i.imgur.com/Nluc6e8.gif);[/newclass]

[attr="class","LOUDWRAPPER"][attr="id","asago"]

[attr="class","LOUDHEADER"]

While you mf's waitin[break]
I be off the slave ship[break]

BUILDING PYRAMIDS, WRITING MY OWN HIEROGLYPHS

[attr="class","LOUDPOSTENTRY"]

Despite her immediate response striking a nerve for the Oborozuki, as he hated having his time wasted, Asago continued to smile as she further elaborated, not moving even a fraction as if her words had petrified him. While he had just met with Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku just a few days prior, he was certain that she was referring to another urban legend of the Hidden Waterfall Village, the one that was known as the "doctor of death". The Chūnin was not the type to walk into any situation blindly if he had the option not to, and for that very reason he asked around and read about that person and the woman standing before him.[break][break]

"That, I am aware of, Tokonatsu-senpai," Asago interjected with a respectful nod, "that is precisely why I am here. Right now, you are the only hope for making that desire of mine a reality." He felt a cold suggestion of resistance utter from Yukari's mouth once more as she declared that gaining complete immunity would be an impossibility, and that was not an answer that he was prepared to hear. However, the feeling quickly transitioned into understanding as she mentioned "an exchange", and thanks to the world that Asago came from, he knew exactly what that meant.[break][break]

"Ahhh... of course, so all you need is motivation?..." he quipped under his breath, ever so lightly that it would dissipate into nothing before it could reach her ears. Her following question extracted a brief chuckle out of him, as this was not something he contemplated on a near daily basis. "What is my interest in power? Well, what else is the definition of power except the most valuable asset?" He started to pace in front of her desk, slowly. "You see, I am not one that tolerates weakness. I like to imagine it like finding a roach in your home; you should waste no time but to root it out promptly and exterminate it at all costs."[break][break]

Memories rushed back like a flood as he remembered that fateful day that he was nearly killed, pausing his rant for a moment to ponder in that recollection. "When I was younger, I nearly died from being poisoned. On that day, I showed weakness. That... cannot ever happen again.", his tone became dark and extremely serious, as his gaze turned back to the woman, eyes sharpened with a deadly resolve. "So that is why I am here, and I am ready to do whatever it takes to get what I want." Within a matter of seconds, his entire composure became relaxed again, as his face somehow returned to beaming with benevolence.[break][break]

"With that said, I'm sure just as you could be of service to me, I can do the same for you... so what exactly do you need me to do for you, Tokonatsu-senpai?"

[attr="class","LOUDBOTTOM"]

[attr="class","dijitalccredit"]✭ dijit

[googlefont=/fonts.googleapis.com/]

[googlefont=Kanit:600|Red+Hat+Display]

[newclass=".LOUDWRAPPER"]width:450px; background-color:#161616; background-image:url(https://www.toptal.com/designers/subtlepatterns/uploads/concrete_seamless.png); background-blend-mode:overlay; margin-top:40px; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; display:flex; flex-direction:column; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDHEADER"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:var(--tempimg); background-blend-mode:multiply; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 20px 3px #00000050 inset; -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 20px 3px #00000050 inset; box-shadow: 50px -50px 100px 3px #00000090 inset; height:200px; background-size:450px; background-position:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDHEADER h1"]height:200px; width:450px; color:var(--accent2); text-align:center; font-size:35px; line-height:25px; text-transform:uppercase; z-index:1; text-shadow:0px 0px 15px black; isolation: isolate; font-family: 'Kanit', sans-serif; margin:0px; margin-top:-205px; display:flex; flex-direction:column; justify-content:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDHEADER b"]color:#fafafafa; font-size:12px; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDHEADER img"]width:450px; height:200px; z-index:0; margin:0px; mix-blend-mode:overlay;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDPOSTENTRY"]padding:20px; margin:20px; border:1px solid var(--accent); font-size:14px; line-height:18px; color:#8B8B8B; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Red Hat Display', sans-serif; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 20px 3px #00000050 inset; -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 20px 3px #00000050 inset; box-shadow: 0px 0px 100px 3px #00000090 inset;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDPOSTENTRY p"]margin:0px; margin-bottom:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDPOSTENTRY b"]color:var(--accent2);[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDPOSTENTRY a"]color:#fafafa;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDPOSTENTRY p:last-child"]margin-bottom:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDBOTTOM"]height:40px; background-size:450px; background-position:center; background-color:var(--accent); background-image:var(--tempimg); background-blend-mode:multiply; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 20px 3px #00000050 inset; -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 20px 3px #00000050 inset; box-shadow: 50px -50px 100px 3px #00000090 inset;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDBOTTOM a"]color:#fafafa50!important; font-size:20px; text-transform:uppercase; line-height:40px; float:right; margin-right:10px; font-family: 'Kanit', sans-serif; text-decoration:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".LOUDBOTTOM a:hover"]color:#fafafa90!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dijitalccredit"]width:380px; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; text-align:center; margin-bottom:20px;[/newclass]

last edit by Oborozuki Asago on Oct 27, 2023 2:23:17 GMT -5
Ikon has written 6 posts
hishaisha's office hours | asagoNov 7, 2023 7:48:08 GMT -5
tokonatsu yukari
tokonatsu yukari Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Her expression tightened. His attitude was so typical of a teenage boy: brash, arrogant, power-hungry. That extermination was his first approach to problem-solving should have been all she needed to know; this was the kind of shinobi she found more distasteful than any other, the kind who received a taste of power and used it to wreak untold destruction without thought or care to the bounty of Nature that surrounded him. That a roach was a creature of Nature as much as he was himself did not cross his mind: he was the superior life form, and he was entitled to the destruction of the Lesser as a result. Yukari had no doubt in her mind that most of the Life on their continent was Lesser, according to him, and that he paid no mind to the trees or rivers or wildlife caught in the crossfire of his bloodline’s cursed blistering ninjutsu. That he should be exterminated was unthinkable to him—though to Yukari, his value was the same as that of the roach.

Yukari found him distasteful, and for this reason alone she should have evicted him from her space… but he was young, pliable, eager to meet her requests if it got him what he wanted. A useful pawn in the tutelage of her son, handed to her on a silver platter: no matter how distasteful she found him, she knew better than to look a gift horse in the mouth.

"Whatever it takes?” The corner of Yukari’s mouth twitched, blood-red lips pulling into a slick, predatory, unsettling smile. She wanted him uncomfortable, cognizant of their power imbalance, his mind racing with possibilities of what she could possibly desire from him. "Don’t make promises you’re not willing to keep, child. Someone unscrupulous might be willing to take advantage.”

She desired nothing but her son’s tutelage—he was too young and too revolting for her tastes—but the more off-balance he was, the better.

Kyuusai trembled in the back of her mind: frightened, disgusted.

"I have a son,” she continued, leaning forward; she gestured vaguely towards one of the chairs, an invitation belatedly extended, as if in acceptance of his proposal. "Tokonatsu Touwa. He’s an academy student, eleven years old, growing close to graduation. I want him to be as prepared as possible for his exams. His father is the head instructor at the academy, but he is soft-hearted and ill-suited for teaching the boy. Assist him in refining his chakra control and his skill with his bell-blade and report every detail to me, and I will give you the power you desire. We'll even begin today, as a show of good faith.”

LAIKA OF THQ