Kazuhiro Hayato
All is Dust
Kazuhiro Hayato Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 35 years old birthday 11/20 rank Jōnin occupation Council Member
[attr="class","dilyrics2"]Shinobi May Keep Secrets ButLoyalty
[attr="class","dilyric2"]Is It's Own Reward
[attr="class","dibody2"]
At first, he placed little thought of his office. Aside from the cabinet of drink that he had been promised, there wasn't much else beyond his desk, a couple of seats before it and the immensity of the paperwork he had to process each day. Mountains of reports, memorandums from disparate parts of the village's mechanisms, proposals of implementation of new training methods and budgetary concerns that he didn't think he had any opinion to give on. A dull headache had begun to appear on his temples, throbbing at the idea of even perusing the rest of documents that needed to be brought up in the next council meeting.

Hayato groaned, feeling stabs of pain yank at his back. Pushing his seat away and standing on his feet, trying to stretch to at the very least alleviate the discomfort. Old age has caught up with you, it seems. He thought before feeling the soft pop from his back and a sense of relief. A sigh escaped his lips and for a moment he took a chance for respite. If he had to give props to Kizumi about anything and truth be told, there was a long list to give her credit for, was for the quantity of reforms and projects that she had started in her tenure. The amount seemed staggering, enough for him to sometimes keep going after the official hours of duty, carrying on through the night to catch up with work and even finding respite on the couch at the end of his office. It was dull work, but it was work nonetheless.

As he would make an attempt to go back to his desk and continue, a soft knock came from his door, his sight shifting as he saw one of the staff from the building, a young girl that was a secretary or record keeper, in truth he could not remember. "Councilor." She said in soft tone before bowing to him in respect. "The Raikage asks for your presence in her office." She says.

"Thank you." The Former ANBU Captain replies, following the staff member before he began to make his way to Kizumi's office, taking a well versed route and before long, he is standing in front of her door, knocking it gently with his knuckles, before given the permission to enter.

[attr="class","ditags2"]388 notes if you want
[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.dilyrics2]width:120px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:7px;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dilyric2]font-family:Oswald;font-size:15px;color:#583a3e;width:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dibody2 b]color:#583a3e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags2]font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;margin-top:5px;color:#999;line-height:13px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags2 span]color:#583a3e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
Harukei has written 227 posts
Shuffling of the Deck - [Kizumi]Jan 8, 2024 6:16:42 GMT -5
hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 37 years old birthday october 13 rank jounin occupation raikage

A large quantity of reforms and projects started in Kizumi’s tenure, maybe, but nearly equally as many not yet finished—proposals waiting for review, budgets teetering on the pile of things that demanded wealth from Kumogakure’s vaults, an endless parade of works-in-progress that marched from the Raikage’s desk straight into the void.

She was so close to finishing this one thing, though. She just needed to slot in a final missing piece: a commander.

"Hayatoooooooo,” Kizumi called as soon as she heard the tell-tale knock on her door. "You don’t have to knock, come in!”

From under her desk she pushed a chair out with her foot, stretching at an awkward angle to reach with her admittedly not-very-long legs. An open bottle of rum sat at her elbow; somewhere off towards the edge of her desk was a glass that looked like it had been abandoned some hours before in favor of a more straightforward approach to imbibement.

"Everything going okay?” Kizumi drummed her fingertips on a suspiciously pristine stack of papers, just a file-folder and a string short of being ready for presentation. "I hope you haven’t been working too late too often. I know it’s a lot, but paperwork doesn’t run away if you let it sit overnight.”

LAIKA OF THQ

tactician has written 451 posts
Shuffling of the Deck - [Kizumi]Jan 9, 2024 10:47:31 GMT -5
Kazuhiro Hayato
All is Dust
Kazuhiro Hayato Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[attr="class","dibody2"]
Hayato entered as quickly as his Raikage bid him in, his steps becoming muffled on the carpet. He would quickly give Kizumi a bow, equal parts as a way to recognize her status as his superior and equal parts as a custom being burned into his every being. He noticed the bottle of liquour, the glass that had been discarded early on. He didn't mention that fact, after all he was also known to indulge in drinks since he had assumed his new position. Paperwork seemed scattered save for a neatly arranged folder before her and then he assumed this was the reason that she had called him for.

"There is much to do Kizumi and I was never one for bureuacratic tasks." He added as he approached her desk, his hand moving to pull one of the chairs. That was a lie, of course. He didn't precisely love doing paperwork but he had always been able to compile detailed reports, right propositions, mandate different levels of readiness all while navegating the seemingly byzantine systems of government placed by previous Raikages. "I rather have them finished and not tarry on the work you have assiged me. And no one is waiting for me at home." He responded with sincerity.

In simple terms, there was much to do, much to work and oversee in his new position, for which he felt that he was getting used to its implications. The matter that he had managed to survive several council meetings and not fallen asleep was already a triumph after he had found some of his peers sounding more like droning automatons than living beings at the time. "But, if you want a concrete answer, yes. Everything is going... Relatively well." He would add. He wasn't unfirm, he didn't feel tired. He simply had tried to do with his duty at the best of his abilities even when, if he was honest with himself, he was missing everything relating to his previous post. "Is there a reason you have summoned me, Lady Raikage?" Hayato asked.

[attr="class","ditags2"] 343    notes if you want

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.dilyrics2]width:120px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:7px;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dilyric2]font-family:Oswald;font-size:15px;color:#583a3e;width:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags2]font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;margin-top:5px;color:#999;line-height:13px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
Shuffling of the Deck - [Kizumi]Jan 14, 2024 22:42:55 GMT -5
hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

Kizumi clicked her tongue, shaking her head in disapproval. She didn’t have anyone at home either, but she still went home at the end of the night. Most of the time. Eventually.

"We need to get you a cat or something. Pet goat, maybe.” She scratched her chin, considering this new dilemma. "Would it be an abuse of power to set up a shinobi speed-dating service? Yes, we all have better things to be doing with our time, fraternization bylaws, et cetera, but I feel like there could be something there. Frame it as a networking opportunity!”

All wildly off-topic, and her wayward daydreaming crashed back down to earth. She sighed, and pushed her fat stack of papers across the desk.

"I hate to add more to your plate, but it’s important,” she said. "I’ve been thinking on what you said when I first took the office—that you never would have been selected for the position, that you weren’t a good fit because those in ANBU are—” she gestured vaguely, "—a mirage, I think is the word you used. That it would be concerning if those in the village looked on an ANBU operative as a hero.

"I want to change that.”

She outlined the plan: a complete restructuring of the black ops forces. Three branches of operatives that would paint the broader picture of national defense: mountaineers, sailors, and internal policing. The third would be the replacement for the long-standing traditional ANBU arm: these would be the nuke-nin hunters, working arm in arm with the Conciliators of Hotei to act as the first line of defense in the event of crisis or massive threat. But more divisions necessitated a longer chain of command, and Kizumi needed a right-hand to keep the organization running smoothly.

"Which is why I called you in,”
she concluded, having led Hayato through sheet after sheet after sheet of painstakingly-written paper. "I wanted to get your take on it, but also—I want you to lead it. There’s no one better.”

LAIKA OF THQ

Shuffling of the Deck - [Kizumi]Jan 15, 2024 20:30:53 GMT -5
Kazuhiro Hayato
All is Dust
Kazuhiro Hayato Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[attr="class","dibody2"]
"I'm touched that you're concerned about my personal life." Hayato said, leaning against the back of the seat, watching as how her mind began making plans as a matchmaker for him. "But in truth, who's there to for me to date in gay mountain?" He said, in the very same deadpan tone that the Raikage had known him to use ever with, using a term that he found inaccurate but that nevertheless had been used in earshot of him, a thin smile cracking his expression before it faded as she changed the subject to why he had been asked to see her, his expression changing from the brief smile to his usual stoic demeanor.

His eyes focused on the Raikage, crossing his arms at the plans that she was now unfolding, going back to their first conversation in this very office. And whilst the plans were grandiose he felt a pang of disquiet to make the shinobi that served ANBU to be made heroes. It was a sacrifice, an offering to keep the village save. At the very least that was the way that he had been raised to see it and wholeheartedly believed that. As he reached out for the plans he saw the name of the organization that she proposed. The sweeping changes that would make a service with different branches and with more flexibility.

As Kizumi would mentioned the end of her plans, to put him in command, his eyes flicked from the document towards her. Quietly assessing her, icy blue eyes remaining unblinking to the Lady of the village. "Could have told me this when I accepted my current position." He said, closing the file and placing it on her desk. "I had already given my farewell speech. Now I will look silly to my former ANBU." He added again in jest before his expression became serious again. "You sure you're fine with me? Certainly there might be others that are as qualified as me." He told her.

[attr="class","ditags2"]332 notes if you want

[googlefont=Oswald]
Shuffling of the Deck - [Kizumi]Jan 21, 2024 6:43:10 GMT -5
hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

It took a long second for what Hayato to sink in, the act of her taciturn, stone-faced councilman cracking a joke so rare as to be unfathomable when presented with the reality of it; but once she realized what he had said she nearly cried laughing, banging her fist on her desk.

"Definitely no gay women, that’s for fucking sure,” she said, wheezing. "We’re in this together, Hayato, I got your back.”

Once she had finished laying everything out for him, she waited expectantly for his response—and was absolutely delighted when he cracked another light-hearted comment. He was starting to loosen up a little, let some personality shine through that rigid exterior—Kizumi was glad for it. She beamed at him.

"You won’t,” she assured him. "Just frame it as like—you’ve said farewell to ANBU, and you’re saying hello to INKA. Everyone who’s currently in black ops will be given the option to transfer into a different branch of operations if they prefer, and some will be more strongly encouraged to do that depending on their skillset and history. Anyone who wants to stay in black ops can transition into the SOKA team, easy. There’ll be a weird transitional period, but it should smooth out once we get all the paperwork done and everyone set up with their new teams.”

Was she fine with him? Kizumi shook her head.

"I never considered anyone else, Hayato,” she said, earnest and sincere. "There are a good number of very capable jounin in this village, but I know that you know what’s best for the people doing this work. You’ll take care of them.”

LAIKA OF THQ

Shuffling of the Deck - [Kizumi]Jan 21, 2024 23:13:12 GMT -5
Kazuhiro Hayato
All is Dust
Kazuhiro Hayato Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[attr="class","dibody2"]
Hayato felt his eyebrow raise at the fact that he was the first and last person to be considered for the position. He liked Kizumi and he felt that despite the fact that some of the changes that were 'controversial' in the circles among his colleagues within ANBU, that they were moving in the correct direction, having few reasons to have disquiet. But placing her hopes into a single choice seemed foolhardy, he decided to keep that to himself. As he went on to consider the plan further, the former ANBU Captain leaned on his seat, a hand reaching to scratch his chin in thought before he spoke once more.

"This reorganization of the order of battle of the village and headquarters staff is likely to create some shockwaves." He said, looking at Kizumi to gauge her reaction to his words. "Some more... traditionalist element of ANBU might look unfavorably to this move." He knew some of them personally, at the very he had served with them since they had been boys inducted into the covert ops of the village and some of them held a belief that the ways that protected the village were deemed obsolete and they were being replaced.

"While I do agree that members that had served in ANBU and that have skill sets benefitting more to the other branches of INKA should be allowed move, I think that understaffing what used to be ANBU might be counterproductive. At the very least they should be retained until enough inductees have been trained to replace them. I also believe that there more traditional elements of ANBU should be given officer positions, but not overall command if the intention is to keep that branch assuming the operative duties but not the more frowned upon training methods of the organization." He counseled. The methods had been effective in molding children into effective soldiers, but had impaired him in too many ways to count. He knew that all to well. And giving his colleagues a position meant continuity without a sense of a slight directed at them for their service.

[attr="class","ditags2"]350 notes if you want

[googlefont=Oswald]
Shuffling of the Deck - [Kizumi]Mar 10, 2024 22:25:58 GMT -5
hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

Kizumi nodded, though she seemed unconcerned. "I know, I get that,” she said. "Change is hard on everyone, and no one likes being told that something new and different is better—everyone wants to feel useful, and valued. I don’t want to just throw that away, because that perspective is important.”

She considered his next bit of counsel, nodding thoughtfully as he spoke. "That’s good,” she said. "See! This is why I wanted you for the job.” What exactly she would’ve done if he turned her down, she had absolutely no idea—but hey, she didn’t have to worry about it now.

"Giving the old guard some degree of… I don’t know, ownership? Make sure that they know that we know their experience in the field is critical to everything running smoothly. I have some ideas for who should be transitioned where that I lined out, but you can adjust however you see fit—whatever you need to make sure that every branch has proper staffing and that everyone feels like they have enough support. Whatever discontent is in the ranks, let ‘em grumble for now. They’ll come ‘round soon enough.”

And there was no doubt in her mind that they would—she was absolutely secure in her decisionmaking, rock-solid that this was the right path forward.

She had no room for doubt, not in this office. That way lay only madness.

LAIKA OF THQ

Shuffling of the Deck - [Kizumi]Mar 18, 2024 1:18:18 GMT -5
Kazuhiro Hayato
All is Dust
Kazuhiro Hayato Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[attr="class","dibody2"]
"Operational Consideration is the term I would use." Hayato responded softly and he would consider what sort of words he would employ with his old comrades. In truth it felt that he would like to navigate a mine field rather than explain to them in uncertain terms of what was about to happen with them. Many, were past their retirement age under the old statues, much like him. Mid and late thirties were in many ways quite an age for shinobi of this specialization to remain in active service with the organization. "Like I told you, many of these shinobi and kunoichi have only known this their entire lives." He explained. "I will deal with them, personally."

That was the only assurance that he could give Kizumi about dealing with the older ANBU elements. He knew them since they had been children, soft faced and still trying to understand the reality of what they were meant to be now. His expression changed at the thought of those days. The cold and desolate barracks, the lack of weather equipment as they were forced to march through the perilous secret roads through the mountains with little but their smallclothes to shield them from the punishing wind. Having the leave children no older than himself behind when they couldn't go on. He closed his eyes at that though and made his hand into fists as it all came back to him.

"Who..." He said, still wit his eyes closed, still trying to gather his thoughts. "Who do you have in mind to be my replacement in the old ANBU element? And for the other two positions of leadership within INKA?" He opened his eyes, trying to blink away the troubling memories as he set his gaze on Kizumi, his curiosity overtaking the deep memory of a childhood he would rather forget, wondering which names she was about to set forward.

[attr="class","ditags2"]317 notes if you want

[googlefont=Oswald]
Shuffling of the Deck - [Kizumi]Apr 4, 2024 23:18:55 GMT -5
hirana kizumi
death before dishonor.
hirana kizumi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

Operational Consideration. Good term. Kizumi nodded thoughtfully, jotted that down in her notebook ever-swelling with ink and coffee and whisky stains.

With Hayato taking care of the old guard as best as he knew how, that was one major concern lifted off her plate; that only left, as he so acutely pointed out, the leadership of INKA’s subdivisions.

Respectfully, she made no comment as to his brief moment of tension. Much of how ANBU used to work was still a mystery to her, top-secret and hush-hush as it all was, but she knew enough to know that it needed to change. Whatever memories plagued him, if he wished to distract himself from them, Kizumi would let him.

"Jokyu Kentaro for KIKA commander,” she said, the name falling easily from her lips; she’d given it a lot of thought. "Some people might cry nepotism—he’s my sister’s husband’s older brother—but he’ll be able to shoulder it and prove his worth despite the claims. He’s a damn good seaman and he’s been at it even longer than I have. For YAKA, Yamamoto Misaki. Any of the Yamamoto clan are going to be the foremost experts in mountaineering, so she’s a good pick based on ability alone, but she’s also been in charge of a sub-division of operations teams for a few years now and she’s doing a bang-up job of it. She’ll be a good fit and take to the role well.”

Which left the lingering question: SOKA commander, the new name for Hayato’s old role.

"There’s a few options, but I wanted to get your opinions on them,” she said. "Murahira Mayumi is due up for promotion soon; she’s a talented interrogator and an even better headhunter, but she doesn’t have quite as much leadership experience as I would like. Mageruhi Hiroto has the leadership experience… but they mostly led genin teams before being transferred to ANBU, and they have that Mageruhi… uh, weirdness about them. There’s also Fujiyama Takashi, one of the oldheads—he’s close to retirement, so I think his viability depends on whether or not you’ve be able to win him over and get him on board.”

LAIKA OF THQ