Katsuo Jokyū Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday February 2nd rank Adv Genin occupation
[nospaces]

[attr="class","vcrashBG"]
[attr="class","vcrashIMG"]
[attr="class","vcrashInfo"]@[tag]
[attr="class","vinfoDiv"]

[attr="class","vinfoNotes"]notes here, this box will scroll if they get too long!

[attr="class","vcrashLyrics"]Even if I can't reach the stars I can at least fly

[attr="class","vcrashBody"]

A mission that could play well into his specialty with a bow as hunting was something Katsuo liked the idea of. Granted he never actually went hunting himself, but he read a few things on it and knew how to look like one, as evident from the last exams, so that was a start! He wouldn't be going on this mission alone though because frankly, his mind wasn't always on the mission thinking about things that he could improve upon or even his brother. So he would be assigned to another for this mission and they would be meeting up at the entrance of the village. He wasn't given much information about whom he would be working with outside of the fact it would be a chunin to help guide him and keep him focused.[break][break]

Katsuo also had other plans for this mission especially since it was a hunting mission maybe he could train his accuracy some more with the mission though it would mean asking the person he would be assigned with if they could help him on it so that might not work out if they said no. Still couldn't hurt to try right? Either way, he wouldn't take too long to reach the entrance of the village and he would find a new figure there he hadn't seen before. He had been to the gate a few times before and knew the guards by heart, but this person wasn't familiar to him at all. A woman with light pink hair who while he was a bit uncertain about had this almost magnetic aura to her, but not the same as members of his family so Katsuo couldn't place his finger on what it was. Whatever it was though it did compel him to approach her and ask, "Are you here for the hunting mission?" A bit blunter than he probably could have asked, but he was hoping the direct approach was the right maneuver in finding his mission partner.

ulla

[newclass=.vcrashBG]background-color:#fff;margin-top:20px;border-bottom:#DEAA68 5px solid;width:450px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashIMG]height:350px;border:#DEAA68 5px solid;border-bottom:0;background-color:#eee;width:200px;float:left;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashBody]color:#000; height:295px;padding:15px;padding-right:10px;border:#ccc 1px solid;border-bottom:0;border-top:0;font-family:arial;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;line-height:13px;overflow:auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashBody b]color:#DEAA68;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashBody::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:#fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashBody::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color:#ccc;width:1px;border:#fff 4px solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashLyrics]background-color:#DEAA68;color:#000;font-family:verdana;font-size:8px;height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;padding:5px;line-height:10px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashInfo]opacity:.99999;background-color:#DEAA68;height:60px;padding-top:40px;font-family:trebuchet ms;color:#000;font-size:10px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 38%, 100% 100%, 0 100%, 0% 38%);clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 38%, 100% 100%, 0 100%, 0% 38%);margin-top:-38px;transition:.3s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashIMG:hover .vcrashInfo]margin-top:-100px;transition:.3s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashInfo a]color:#fff!important;font-family:trebuchet ms!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vinfoDiv]background-color:#eee;padding:0px;height:1px;opacity:.2;margin:5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vinfoNotes]margin:5px;height:35px;overflow:auto;line-height:10px;padding:0px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vinfoNotes::-webkit-scrollbar]width:0[/newclass]
Elumenate has written 94 posts
Hunting Service [Mission]Nov 30, 2023 10:55:04 GMT -5
Shitai Maimomu
blood spills coin
Shitai Maimomu Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday ♏︎ October 31st rank Chuunin occupation SOKA Operative
Apparently there's some big bad beast on the loose and they need some ninja to take it down. That's fine. Not really within her usual line of work, but she was always up for a challenge - and she wondered if this was that. A challenge. She had been given the mission directly, and assigned a genin to work with. They were sticking her with more and more fledglings, but she had yet to give it too much thought. Still, she was operating solely on duty and not on thought. She could have her reservations, she could be irritated, but what would it do? There was still a mission at hand, a beast to kill, and a genin to meet.

She had read a bit about this Jokyū Katsuo, but as always, she'd only skimmed the important parts. Genin, Jokyū clan, a kid, Ninjutsu and Bukijutsu specialization. She wasn't sure what to expect beyond that, so when he approaches her at their designated meeting place and asks an outright question, Ume is forced to chuckle a little.

She is standing there in her glory, only a large cloak to keep her warm in the coming cold. The front breaks open so that one hand can slide out, giving a small wave before disappearing again. "Am. And you're Jokyū Katsuo I take it?" She flashes her pearly canines with a face-splitting grin, and then it is gone. "You can call me Umechika. Shall we?"

Gesturing forward, she takes the lead. She talks in her normal, casually booming voice, not at all worried about being outside of the village. As they take a rocky path onward, Ume sniffs at the air. "Oughta take a few days to find the thing. I've fought a lotta humans, but I can't say I've ever wrestled an animal. You got any ideas on how to tackle a... well, whatever it is?" She assumed it was a bear, but that was just a latent nostalgic fear of bears she'd had as a child. She had no idea what the creature truly was; it was only described as big, angry and on all fours.

Post 2/15

marz has written 78 posts
Hunting Service [Mission]Dec 9, 2023 5:28:02 GMT -5
Katsuo Jokyū
"I may fall behind, but I will catch up and surpass eventually!"
Katsuo Jokyū Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","vinfoNotes"]notes here, this box will scroll if they get too long!

His intuition seemed to be correct when the woman in question did state who she was and in turn, made sure he was who he was supposed to be. To which he would give a curt nod when she gave her name to him and asked if they should get the mission started. Quick and to the point and honestly Katsuo kinda liked that about her. This meant she was like him at times and strived to get things done as quickly as possible so to say he was pleased with her mannerisms was an understatement. Especially since the mission details said this would be a long mission to undergo and would take them a couple of days to complete.[break][break]

Leading the way Umechika would also pose a question for Katsuo that he hadn't fully considered. How were they even supposed to take care of the beast? "Well I'm not entirely positive myself, but I do have a few ways we could go about it," Katsuo would say as he rummaged around at the tools he carried with him. Pulling each one out, in turn, he would state their purpose, "I've got traps, explosives, bombs of varying kinds, and arrows." Katsuo would point to each item in turn before returning them to their spots and then look back at Umechika, "So we aren't without options though if they are gonna use the meat of the beast we need to be careful of not damaging the beast too much before we kill it or at the very least able to subdue it enough for them to make the killing blow." Looking around at the land before them Katsuo wondered if this would be an easy task or not especially with the number of items they had on them or if would it be difficult because they were essentially going in without a plan.

ulla

[newclass=.vcrashBG]background-color:#fff;margin-top:20px;border-bottom:#DEAA68 5px solid;width:450px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashIMG]height:350px;border:#DEAA68 5px solid;border-bottom:0;background-color:#eee;width:200px;float:left;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashBody]color:#000; height:295px;padding:15px;padding-right:10px;border:#ccc 1px solid;border-bottom:0;border-top:0;font-family:arial;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;line-height:13px;overflow:auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashBody::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:#fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashBody::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color:#ccc;width:1px;border:#fff 4px solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashLyrics]background-color:#DEAA68;color:#000;font-family:verdana;font-size:8px;height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;padding:5px;line-height:10px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashInfo]opacity:.99999;background-color:#DEAA68;height:60px;padding-top:40px;font-family:trebuchet ms;color:#000;font-size:10px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 38%, 100% 100%, 0 100%, 0% 38%);clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 100% 38%, 100% 100%, 0 100%, 0% 38%);margin-top:-38px;transition:.3s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashIMG:hover .vcrashInfo]margin-top:-100px;transition:.3s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vcrashInfo a]color:#fff!important;font-family:trebuchet ms!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vinfoDiv]background-color:#eee;padding:0px;height:1px;opacity:.2;margin:5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vinfoNotes]margin:5px;height:35px;overflow:auto;line-height:10px;padding:0px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

Hunting Service [Mission]Dec 11, 2023 0:09:29 GMT -5
Shitai Maimomu
blood spills coin
Shitai Maimomu Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday ♏︎ October 31st rank Chuunin occupation SOKA Operative
Jokyū Katsuo seemed like a curt, to the point kid who took no issue with quickly falling in line with Ume's step. She's not sure whether she likes it or not - most the genin she's had to work with have either been outlandishly weird, stubbornly rigid or snidely obnoxious - maybe obnoxiously snide. Either way, the type of genin she'd come accustomed to were. Well. Not like Katsuo.

He answers with some gusto and some evidence to back up his claims, all of which Ume raises her eyebrows at. Icy blue eyes widen with some level of disbelief; but within her disbelief stands admiration, and the smile pulling at the corner of her lips is an indication of it.

"Damn. You're loaded, kid."

She snickers a little, gestures with her hands parting the giant, dark purple cape draped from her shoulders as she speaks. "But yer right, iffin they're wanting to use the meat we're gonna have to do well not to do too much damage. So I don't know if we'll be using any of those explosives. Love that you have 'em on hand though. In case things get sloppy."

The path they take is winding, and hugs much of Kumogakure's outskirts - except for the detour into the mountains, where grass grows sparse and the trees grow at an angle. Ume talks a bit about tracking, about the description they've been given of the animal and its last known locations, about who exactly is asking for aid. "That's where I'm taking you now," she's saying as they come to a peak, Kumogakure to one side of them and Kaminari parallel. "Nagiso isn't too far."

Hunting Service [Mission]Dec 12, 2023 18:59:26 GMT -5
Katsuo Jokyū
Katsuo Jokyū Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[nospaces]

Katsuo couldn't help but feel a bit of pride in himself when Umechika commented on him being loaded. "Got to be prepared for anything," he would say with a shrug remembering how the chunin exams went for him. "Don't want to end up with another one of these," he would say as he lifted the sleeve of his left arm and showed off his prosthetic. He was underprepared for the exams and suffered from it, but the fake ligament proved to have its boons with his clan's abilities so he wasn't too annoyed by it anymore. Besides a shinobi who can't overcome adversity wasn't a good one anyway right? So he would work with the hand he dealt himself.[break][break]

"If anything we can use them to lure the beast into a trap by scaring it to a specific direction if we must use them," Katsuo would volunteer as an option for the explosives should they need it, but he doubted they would much like how Umechika mentioned. The rest of their travel would go on fairly normally with the two making simple conversations with a bit more on tracking and how that worked. Which was quite insightful for Katsuo and he took mental notes of Umechika's expertise for later. [break][break]

She would then point to a peak on where their destination would be and Katsuo felt a tad nervous if he was honest. Mostly because he wondered if his abilities would be dangerous to use at such a high altitude as he hadn't fully explored them that high up before. "Lead the way then," Katsuo would comment trying to keep his insecurities out of his mind and trying his best to keep his normally harsh demeanor on hold for this mission. He was trying to turn a new leaf on life after all and being respectful to his peers and superiors was one of the first things he needed to do.

ulla

Hunting Service [Mission]Dec 15, 2023 12:28:47 GMT -5
Shitai Maimomu
blood spills coin
Shitai Maimomu Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Overhead, the moon has already started to rise - but it's only the afternoon. The short days of this time of year were terrible for her complexion, prolonged exposure to the dark keeping her skin tight, white, dead. She looks more like a vampire in the wintertime than she ever did in the sunshine. At least the summer gave her a bit of color. Alas - the short days offered coverage, and Umechika preferred working under a sheet of shadows.

She hadn't lied; Nagiso was not far. Once they were through the mountains, they came to a forest. And through the forest, still overlooking the rest of Kaminari to their west flank, they encroach the woodsmen's domain. "Lemme do the talking for now," Umechika would warn before they meet with the men of the small community. Their homes are sparse with plenty of gaps in between their log and tent homes and the trees scattered far and few between. They are a rugged bunch, and the leader is a bulking man with plenty of hair on his face. Yet he speaks kindly, appreciative of their aid. The briefing is short, offering the chuunin and her genin comrade what information there is on the beast.

"A massive rodent," one of the main man's men offered when asked for a characterization of this creature. Ume twists up her face at the image.

Pitch black threatens to come by the time they're out in the woods and tracking this beast. Still, it was barely evening - plenty of nightlight to burn.

Hovering around the last known location of the massive rodent, Ume explains to her comrade what exactly they're looking for. "Right now we're looking for trails and runs through here. High traffic of animals means high chances of hunting." Navigating through the dense forest, Ume weaves through trees, making sure to stay a few feet ahead of her genin as she leads the way. The cold is bitter, but she feels little of it. "Watch for hair - little difficult given the terrain, but y'know."

Post 6/15
Hunting Service [Mission]Dec 15, 2023 13:40:42 GMT -5
Katsuo Jokyū
Katsuo Jokyū Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[nospaces]

Soon night would begin to show its pretty head as the moon decided to paint the sky in its lumious glow. It was pretty and honestly if they weren't on a mission Katsuo wouldn't have minded just sitting still and stargazing a bit, but they were so they had to continue without stopping. Letting Umechika take control of the mission he didn't mind her telling him to let her do the talking. It did annoy him slightly a made him furrow his brow a little bit, but if it meant this mission would be finished faster he wouldn't question her methods. Besides Kazumi had to have had a reason to pair him up with her so he wouldn't question her decision for now.[break][break]

The briefing was honestly quite boring so he wasn't too pressed anymore about Umechika taking control of the mission anymore and honestly felt relieved she did, but when the man said it was like a rat Katsuo became a bit perplexed. How massive was he talking? Like Massive in normal rat sizes or like horse size massive or even bigger? Either of the latter options didn't bode well, but Katsuo was now sure of one thing. There was no way they were gonna want the meat of the rat as that was such a gamey meat so they probably just wanted it destroyed. [break][break]

Once they were at the last known location of the beast of their hunt Umechika would give a rundown of what they were looking for. Katsuo wouldn't verbally respond but instead would give a visual cue of understanding with a mix of a nod and a two-finger salute. Following behind her he would double scan areas Umechika would look at just in case she missed something. He even jumped a few branches below her in case any clues were a bit easier to see closer to the ground. She would make mention to look out for hair despite how difficult it would be in their location to which Katsuo would grunt in acknowledgment as he scanned the forest ground for clues of any kind. [break][break]

After some time though he would narrowly spot something that could be a clue. "Umechika-san over here!" Katsuo would say to get her attention as he jumped down from his tree to examine what he thought might be a sign. A root of a tree that was slightly uprooted had claw marks on it which honestly wasn't much to go on, but it could be something so Katsuo asked, "Do you think this might be something related to the beast?"

ulla

Hunting Service [Mission]Dec 15, 2023 14:00:17 GMT -5
Shitai Maimomu
blood spills coin
Shitai Maimomu Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Katsu seemed a quiet fellow, to which Umechika couldn't complain. They travel through the dense forest on different levels, their slow jump through the branches milked by their attention to detail. Ume scans the area as they move through it, watching for anything out of the ordinary. The dark makes it a bit hard to tell what's what, but the assassin's trained eye sees through much of it.

Even still, it is her genin compadre that finds a clue first. Ume descends quickly, landing with a graceful quiet upon the cold earth beside Katsuo. A tangle of root peeking over the ground is fitted with claw marks, and while it could be almost too good to be true, the markings did not seem like a normal beast's doing. There were three distinct lengths, with two smaller dashes on either side of the mark. "It... looks like a rodent?" She offers, though her voice wavers just a bit. "I can't say I know exactly what a giant rat's clawmarks look like though..."

Regardless, it was a clue - one that she would not overlook. Ume claps the genin's back with a light pat, appreciative of his find. Despite her genuine sentiment, her tone is derisive. "Good job, Katsuo-san. Let's follow its lead."

The marks seemed to be heading northeast, so Ume stays on ground level now as she ventures forth. Her eyes are peeled, icy blue glinting in the moonlight. A few hundred meters moving in the same direction, Ume stops to pluck something out of the bark of a gangling tree.

"Fur," she says when Katsu catches up, presenting it to him. She gives it a sniff with a perplexed face, then rubs the fur out of her fingers so that it sprinkles to the earth. "Smells funky. You think this thing is actually a huge rat...?"

Post 8/15
last edit by Shitai Maimomu on Dec 15, 2023 14:04:34 GMT -5
Hunting Service [Mission]Dec 15, 2023 14:16:06 GMT -5
Katsuo Jokyū
Katsuo Jokyū Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[nospaces]

Umechika would follow along with the clue he found, but she wouldn't be so sure of it being a giant rodent's claw marks either. He was hoping she would know better herself but then again how often does one find themselves hunting for a giant rat? So he couldn't blame her fully, but she seemed supportive of at least following the clue to see if it was the correct kind. She even gave him praise which honestly did make him smile a bit. Something he didn't do that often especially since it was normally Natsuo who got praise and not Katsuo. So it certainly boosted his morale a bit to hear the praise even if the tone given wasn't extremely positive or supportive sounding. He would take what he could get.[break][break]

Following Umechika northeast she would find the next clue which happened to be fur. Katsuo had to hide a slightly disgusted face when Umechika smelled the fur since that seemed very unsanitary to do especially if it was indeed a huge rat. Even so, she wasn't sure if it was or not either as she asked him if he thought it was indeed a huge rat to which he responded with, "I hope not." Katsuo's face not even trying to hide its disgust at the idea of a huge rat being their target. "Which way do you think it's gone now?" Katsuo would ask looking around the area for some sign of a direction change or path the rodent might have gone.

ulla

Hunting Service [Mission]Dec 15, 2023 16:48:15 GMT -5
Shitai Maimomu
blood spills coin
Shitai Maimomu Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Katsuo knows not any more than Ume does, so ultimately they are left to work on intuition and hope they were working in the right direction. Ume thinks Katsuo's visual disgust is funny, but it's all a necessary part of the mission. Scent could tell one a lot.

Looking one way before the next, the SOKA Operative weighs his question with a small hum, then a click of her tongue. Hands on her hips, she muses aloud. "Well..." Scanning sideways, she spots a detour off the beaten path - a series of broken branches and upturned earth. Though the frozen ground makes it hard to find tracks, there is a clear paw print in the thawed mud beneath the disheveled bramble. She walks to it and crouches at its side, pulling evergreen bristles out of the way. It had a distinctly mousy shape. "This is a good start."

From there they would search well into the night, until the sky was inky and all the stars twinkled brightly in their places. Tracks, clawmarks, trails of broken forest - it all seemed to be leading somewhere, so surely they were close to its den. But as the night turns to early morning, Umechika gives a shake of her head and gives a short whistle to recollect her genin. Once they're together again, Ume gestures upward with a slight raise of her hand from the opening of her cloak. "Close or not, we need rest. Especially if we're fighting some mutant rat."

Ume would leave finding shelter to Katsuo, curious about how he would go about surviving in the wild. Hopefully it would only be one night out here in the wilderness and their target would make an appearance tomorrow, but Umechika had her reservations. If they were up against an actual rodent, the chuunin worried about how smart it would be - rats and mice were supposedly incredibly cognitive and cunning, were they not?

Post 10/15
last edit by Shitai Maimomu on Dec 16, 2023 11:19:57 GMT -5
Hunting Service [Mission]Dec 15, 2023 17:32:56 GMT -5
Katsuo Jokyū
Katsuo Jokyū Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[nospaces]

He could tell she was uncertain when he asked his question. They didn't have much to go off of so how could they reliably find a beast without many clues, but she did find what looked like a paw print. Even if it wasn't the target it was something so they might as well follow it. The search would continue for quite some time into the night and it was proving to be a dead end after dead end for them. Fatigue started to affect them as they traveled in search of this beast.[break][break]

They even split up at one point to cover a wider range of searches and despite not finding anything of interest he did find a cave during his search, but he didn't look inside just in case it wasn't empty. Didn't want to risk being incapacitated and not being able to call for backup so he simply ignored it for now. Eventually, though Umechika would call for him to return to her and she would mention they would need to rest for the night. "Oh I saw a cave not too far from here we can use as a shelter for the night," Katsuo would mention to her hoping it would prove a suitable location for their temporary campsite. He would lead her back to the cave and he would find it still abandoned like before, but now that he would be going into it he took one of his arrows and after finding some flint sparked a temporary torch for them out of the arrow. It wouldn't last long, but it would work for now as they explored the cave.

ulla

Hunting Service [Mission]Dec 16, 2023 11:39:53 GMT -5
Shitai Maimomu
blood spills coin
Shitai Maimomu Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
A cave was good, but given their target, it could also be stupid. But Katsuo lights the way and they scope out much of the cave, finding its rear and no animals within. Ume is thankful for the small win, and sets up camp quickly. She falls asleep rather easily by the flickering fire, but dreams of strange bear-rat-crossed amalgams dripping soughs of flesh. Its many hands are that of human's, gnarled and boney, and she watches the tendons pull at its infinite fingers as they loop around her maw-

She awakes with a startle, and looks to her sleeping comrade to remember where she is.

When it's time to set out, Ume is confident. They have all day to find this thing, and they could not be far now - that's especially clear when they come across a scattering of giant, log-like droppings. Surely much to Katsuo's dismay, Ume pokes a brown brick with a stick only to find that it's fresh. "We gotta be close," the chuunin had remarked. Splitting up again, she takes to the height of branches to circle the area, leaving her compadre to do much of the ground work as she patrols. Ume sticks to a two-hundred meter radius around the sighting of the poop, certain it could not be too far at all.

It's not long before the chuunin spots to the south a commotion; it's not too far from where Katsuo is, and so she darts from the trees to the earth before him. She shoves an arm around his shoulders as she reaches him, dragging him down to a crouch with her. "Something ahead," she hisses excitedly, blue eyes blazing with the heat of impending battle - even if the battle was with some oversized rodent. "Take the lead, genin."

The pinkette falls just a little behind, creeping along a few feet slow. She steels herself, readies for a skewered fight. Above all else, she focuses on one thing - making sure this genin didn't fucking die.

Luckily, she had faith in him.

Post 12/15
Hunting Service [Mission]Dec 16, 2023 23:07:32 GMT -5
Katsuo Jokyū
Katsuo Jokyū Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[nospaces]

The cave was a dud when it came to clues for their target, but at the very least it provided shelter for them. Not the worst outcome for Katsuo really and it seemed like Umechika was thankful for having a shelter for them without having to build one so that was a plus in his book. Once the camp was set up Katsuo wouldn't fall asleep as easily as Umechika did. Mostly because nights were sometimes difficult with his prosthetic. It was uncomfortable to sleep with it and almost every time he did sleep with it on, if he could afford to take it off, he would need it to be checked up again the next morning which honestly wasn't something he could do on a mission. So he didn't fall asleep right away, but would eventually fall asleep late into the night.[break][break]

Umechika would be the first to wake up in the morning as a result, but Katsuo wouldn't be long afterward. Exhaustion was apparent on his face as one could tell he didn't sleep well mostly due to his arm. He would stretch it as much as he could do before they would head out and hopefully, it wouldn't get too much in the way of the mission. Luckily the time it took before they found their first clue of this new day it seemed to be working fine enough for him. This first clue was dropping which was to say in one word gross despite it being natural. The size made it worse and if it weren't for the fact this was a very promising lead Katsuo would have left the clue alone and would have ignored it. Though he had to admit he almost gagged when Umechika prodded the log of dung. [break][break]

She would comment about the being being close and made plans for them to check the area nearby her taking to the air and him to the ground. Katsuo didn't mind this as it meant he wouldn't have to worry about his arm malfunctioning while jumping around the trees, but it did mean he had to pay close attention to his surroundings a lot more. At first, this was proving uneventful for Katsuo on his front, but it wouldn't be long before Umechika would bring him into a crouch as she spotted the beast.[break][break]

It was indeed a rat which both annoyed and disgusted Katsuo to some degree, especially with the idea of its log-sized dumps still in his mind. Umechika would tell him to take the lead which honestly he felt like she should of since she had the experience of missions like this that he didn't have, but whatever he would try. Couldn't hurt after all right? Taking his bow out and attaching some explosive tags to arrows he would notch them into his quiver. Aiming carefully he aimed for some trees passed the beast to explode in front of him hoping they would cause the beast to run towards them. He would take a deep breath to calm himself as he left the arrows flying and hitting the marks of the trees the explosion would soon go off causing the beas to panic and run away from the explosion, but not where Katuso was hoping it would run to.[break][break]

"Damn," Katsuo would mutter to himself as he sprung into action and speed to catch up to the beast. It got a bit further than he was hoping it would, but he would catch up, and grabbing onto his makibishi he would scatter them around the rodent's feet trapping it as it stepped on one and jumped back in pain. It looked around and saw Katsuo and despite its size it was scared, but had more experience in a fight rather than flight scenario so it would charge him and attack with its claws. Grabbing his claws Katsuo would then begin using his dance of petals jutsu to return the slash marks the rodent would give him in turn. Essentially the two would be locked in a stalemate of claw attacks. Katsuo was mainly doing this hoping Umechika would take this as an opportunity to catch the rodent by surprise while he distracted the beast.

ulla

Hunting Service [Mission]Dec 16, 2023 23:33:09 GMT -5
Shitai Maimomu
blood spills coin
Shitai Maimomu Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Fascinated by the way Katsuo immediately creeps forward with bow and tag-tipped arrow, Ume hangs back just a bit and watches. It was a practical use of his equipment, which the pinkette admired. Unfortunately, his trick doesn't seem to work the way he'd hoped it would - the rat rears on its hind legs and lets out a shattering squeaky noise before scattering off. Katsuo cusses and takes off, but Ume is slow. Though she is not far behind, she only watches at first, witnesses the way the genin does not flinch or flee. In fact, he moves in head on with the giant beast, even brandishing one of Ume's own favorite techniques.

It's working well enough to keep the rat back, but it is rabid in its fear, beady red eyes burning as its claws come down at Katsuo over and over, even as Katsuo's blade tore streaks of meaty red across its face, shoulders, throat, chest.

Deciding she'd let it go on long enough, Ume flickers into action. Pushing off her back foot with a surge of chakra, the chuunin launches in from their flank to deliver a powerful two-soled kick to the side of the rodent's oversized skull. A sickening crack thunders outward from the collision. The fledgling lands on her feet beside Katsuo as the rat barrels into a tree, landing to the earth with a thud. She stands there for a second, staring at the beast's unmoving body to make sure it stays down. Satisfied with a beat, Ume looks to Katsuo. This time it is her face that is solid, save for a twinkle in her icy blue eyes, but her voice is sincere. "You did good, Katsuo-san."

Stepping carefully toward the rat, whos head now leaks warm red onto the frozen earth, Ume peers at the damage she'd caused. The rat doesn't even twitch, its lifeless eyes staring blankly back at the chuunin. She looks over her shoulder at him, then back to the rat, then back to Katsuo. "I mean... rat or not, they said they want the meat. Let's drag this thing back I guess..."

Post 14/15
last edit by Shitai Maimomu on Dec 16, 2023 23:34:32 GMT -5
Hunting Service [Mission]Dec 16, 2023 23:52:03 GMT -5
Katsuo Jokyū
Katsuo Jokyū Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[nospaces]

He was holding his own against the rat though doing a bit more damage to the beast than he anticipated, but it wasn't like he wasn't being attacked himself. The rat still had some strength behind its claws leaving marks upon his own body and leaving slash marks on his clothes so it wasn't a one-sided battle. Still, he pursued on and after some time Umechika joined in on the fight. A simple kick, well simple from where he was standing, and she launched the beast into a tree essentially finishing off the beast in one swoop. Stunned at her profecency Katsuo looked at Umechika in shock and awe. What was she even capable of? He would need to keep tabs on her and possibly learn from her in future endeavors if she was this capable.[break][break]

She would compliment him on what he did and this would bring him back down to earth as he shook his face to regain composure and said, "Thanks" He held no sarcasm in his voice nor held any sort of animosity he normally had when he spoke, but was rather genuine in his tone something rare for the child. Katsuo would begin putting away his equipment as Umechika would examine to confirm the kill of their target and then say they should return to the village with the kill. "Do you think they will want and use a giant rat's meat for food?" Katsuo would ask still slightly disgusted at the idea of it. The pelt made sense and the bones probably had some use, but the meat he doubted would be any good. Then again this wasn't his place to judge so he would grab one end of the beast and begin following Umechika back to the village.

ulla