compose a reply
Glimpse of Us [Lesson]Dec 1, 2023 5:13:23 GMT -5
Hotaru Tadashi
"Protect those I hold dear with all my might"
Hotaru Tadashi Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
age birthday rank Jounin occupation Head Academy Instructor

[attr="class","ren"]AND NOW I'M ALL ALONE IN MY STARLESS MIND
One of the main duties as the head instructor of the academy was making sure the students in his care were properly trained for their debut as shinobi of the village. While Tadashi felt confident that the students would all do well in their rights he always still showed some concern for their wellbeing. Essentially a father to all those he taught he saw them each as his children to mold and grow so he couldn't help and curate lessons that he felt were important for each student individually. This came with drawbacks of course as it made his workload even more exhausting leaving him with less and less time to spend at home with his son Touwa, but at least he could give the boy the education he deserved.

Speaking of Touwa today would include a lesson for his son, but not just for him as Tadahsi had a nice plan for the lesson today. So this lesson would include another student of the academy to make it a duo lesson. The other boy whom Touwa would be working with was none other than Yamakira Nageku. Much like his brother Hotarubi, though to more extremes at times, he was reckless and rash so the cool-headed Touwa seemed like a good balance for the two to be working together in Tadashi's mind. He had his woes about the two working together, but he figured even if the two didn't necessarily succeed in the lesson it would help provide both of them a skill they will need to know once they were both on genin teams.

The meeting place would be just outside the forest near the academy and Tadashi would of course be there bright and early to make sure things were set up for their special lesson. Once both boys were at the designated meeting place Tadashi would begin speaking, "One of the most fundamental things a shinobi will need to learn is being able to work as a team. While individual strengths are a great thing one needs to see what their comrades are capable of and use that to help elevate the success of a mission. Since you both will eventually be placed on a genin team pending graduation you will need to learn these skills as soon as possible." Tadashi would look at Nageku first before adding, "I'm sure you have some experience with working with others from your brother, but sometimes personalities can be drastically different which is where you come in Tokonatsu-kun." Moving his head over to Touwa he continued, "I feel you would compliment to some degree Nageku-kun's personality and though there probably will be some clashing of interest I feel it will be a good lesson for both of you to experience these different ideals and strategies a good lesson to learn."

Clearing his throat Tadashi would continue his description of the lesson. "For today's lesson, you will be working on evasion and capture techniques. From avoiding hostile enemy environments to capturing targetted individuals there are a lot of missions that will require you to find and to some degree destroy. Now since this is the academy forest will be using try to limit destruction of the forest to a minimum," Tadashi would look towards Nageku when he said this, "but feel free to go all out overall for this lesson." Grabbing a scroll from one of his pouches he handed it over to Touwa with added instructions, "Inside will be your targets and objectives. Do not open it till you are well within the forest as we are treating this like secret information only for your eyes." Once the scroll was in Touwa's hands he would then add, "You will be given some time to look over the scroll and come up with a plan once you are inside the forest. I will sound a horn when the hunt will begin when that happens the lesson will begin." Tadashi would smile at the two boys before giving them a slight salute and saying, "I wish you both luck on this lesson." Once he finished his words and salute he would then place his hands together to form a hand seal and would disappear in a poof of smoke revealing the Tadashi they were talking with was a clone.

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.ren]letter-spacing:-1px;-webkit-transition:all 1.5s ease;transition:all 1.5s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ren:hover]letter-spacing:1px;-webkit-transition:all 1.5s ease;transition:all 1.5s ease;[/newclass]
Elumenate has written 32 posts
Glimpse of Us [Lesson]Dec 7, 2023 0:55:41 GMT -5
Nageku
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Nageku Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
age 19 years old birthday January 11th rank Academy Student occupation

It was a nuisance to still be in the academy after all this time. His brother already up for a third promotion while he was still struggling from the very bottom of the barrel. An unimpressed reaction held the stone giant as he listened to the instructor on the description of what they were going to be doing, which only grew more exaggeratedly unenthusiastic as the 'mission' was given to him and a small boy who had to be half his age at this point. Yeah, he was definitely getting out of this damn academy. All be damned if they stood in his way.

Looking down at the kid with him, he squinted to assess the situation before shrugging and lifting a rock statue of himself that was the same size as himself. His stone body less strained by the weight as it may have otherwise been thanks to its unique state of being,
"You're on plan duty kid. I don't care what ya come up with, but otherwise I'm just going to do what I do best yeah? Glad we talked now lets move."

Nageku would proceed forward into the woods. Stealth not being bothered with currently as his footsteps were a bit heavier then anything Touwa could have produced. The heft and weight of the added statue of himself in the mix as well. The Yamakira didn't seem to care at all.

Toffee has written 53 posts
Glimpse of Us [Lesson]Dec 9, 2023 5:01:26 GMT -5
Tokonatsu Touwa
I have no interest in those who have lost their future.
Tokonatsu Touwa Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
age 12 years old birthday 31st December, 1011 rank Academy Student occupation Student
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","text-area"]
Arriving for the jungle survival class in his customary uniform, Touwa had initially intended to be early. However, upon reaching the designated spot, he found Tadashi and Nageku already present. Perhaps his decision to engage in some playful moments with Kuro had contributed to his slight delay. Then again, considering the fatigue from yesterday's exhaustive day at the Academy and the additional lessons at home, it seemed inevitable that Touwa would struggle to adhere to punctuality.
[break][break]
Addressing the tardiness, Touwa maintained a composed demeanor. "I apologize for being late," he said, his tone measured. Casting a glance at Nageku while Tadashi explained the day's lesson, Touwa couldn't help but note the striking resemblance between Nageku and Hotarubi, the only apparent difference being their respective statuses.
[break][break]
Taking the scroll handed by Tadashi, Touwa tucked it into a pocket on his uniform, reserving it until they ventured further into the forest. When Nageku suggested that Touwa, younger and less experienced, should handle the planning, Touwa responded with a wry remark, "Shouldn't you be taking charge? After all, you're the one with more experience."
[break][break]
Their journey to the designated spot was swift, and upon arrival, Touwa retrieved the scroll from his pocket, carefully unrolling it to initiate the next phase of their jungle survival class.
[break][break]
斬術 | Zanjutsu [lit. Cutting Technique]
[break][break]
The Araikettei clan's KKG allows the user to obtain and wield the Life Blade - Ruiteki. The blade has its own consciousness and is capable of acting on its own. Regardless, Touwa and his Life Blade are inextricably linked to life and death. When one dies, the other dies, and thus anyone who is not Touwa is unable to wield the weapon.

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 212
[break]

[googlefont=Fira Sans:400,500,600,700]
[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(90%) contrast(90%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area]grid-area: text; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #327380; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #327380; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #327380; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
last edit by Tokonatsu Touwa on Dec 9, 2023 5:02:58 GMT -5
Yofie has written 144 posts
Glimpse of Us [Lesson]Jan 6, 2024 20:39:03 GMT -5
Hotaru Tadashi
Hotaru Tadashi Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Once in the jungle forest, the two boys will notice a strangeness in the atmosphere. Normally fairly loud with the call of animals or creatures instead there would be an almost dead silence. The only sound being made was that of the slight breeze upon the tree's leaves and the call of a small river nearby. It was eerie and certainly set a unique tone to the jungle despite its normal abundance of life. It made Nageku's footsteps practically echo far and wide in the junglescape. Overall the vibe of the jungle was just totally different than what most people were used to. As Touwa began to open the scroll they found the mission details written inside;

You are deep in enemy territory trying to rescue a client of great importance. The lay of the land is currently unknown so be careful of your surroundings the enemies are unknown in number so stealth is paramount to this mission. Be sure to leave any civilians out of the range of fire from the enemies should you confront them head-on. A fight is inevitable, but how many you face will be determined by how you navigate the territory. Good luck.

Once they were finished reading the scroll they could begin strategizing for their mission and get a good look at their surroundings. The clearing they were in had multiple routes that they could take the one directly in front of them and the one to their south were full of dense foliage while the path to their north led to an area with a blanket of fog over it. After some time the horn would be heard above the trees signaling the start of their lesson.
@ TAGGED

[googlefont=Oswald][newclass=.ren]letter-spacing:-1px;-webkit-transition:all 1.5s ease;transition:all 1.5s ease;[/newclass][newclass=.ren:hover]letter-spacing:1px;-webkit-transition:all 1.5s ease;transition:all 1.5s ease;[/newclass]
last edit by Hotaru Tadashi on Jan 6, 2024 20:39:32 GMT -5
Glimpse of Us [Lesson]Jan 10, 2024 7:42:45 GMT -5
Nageku
Nageku Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Nageku kept walking in as Touwa talked, rolling his eyes with an audible grate from the spherical stone rolling around inside of stone. He didn't immediately respond though, a weakling didn't exactly earn respect from being weak. Touwa was, in Nageku's eyes, little more then an ant currently and he wasn't about to acknowledge complaints to the orders he dished out. Setting his self-depicted sculptor on the ground with a thud Nageku turned and rolled his shoulders as he looked down at Touwa.

"Talk back to me again and I turn your skull to paste before the instructor even makes it back. I didn't tell you that you are in charge, I said you're on plan duty. Do your job and I don't spend the rest of our mission making your life miserable, yeah?" The grin that overtook Nageku's stone face as he loomed over Touwa was malice incarnate. There was no hint of warning or compromise in his voice, one that sounded near identical to Hotarubi for those that knew his brother, the difference being the animation of expression and tone. Nageku had no reservation, rather he was showy and even a child could catch that he was being honest to what he understood as truth.

His gaze dared Touwa to try and talk back, egging him on so that he could smother it - unfiltered love for violence and a level of crazy that the Yamakira were known for across the village. The Yamakira were known for a load of rather crappy situations and the infamy never got any less festered by time. Would Touwa mouth off or not was a question that the boy was waiting for like a dog awaiting a treat. He would have his way either way and despite seconds feeling like eons he didn't have to worry about the answer not coming.

Glimpse of Us [Lesson]Jan 14, 2024 10:21:35 GMT -5
Tokonatsu Touwa
Tokonatsu Touwa Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
age 12 years old birthday 31st December, 1011 rank Academy Student occupation Student
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Touwa, though inwardly irked by Nageku's abrasive demeanor, maintained his composed exterior, refusing to let the provocations get the better of him. The threat, veiled behind Nageku's menacing grin, didn't go unnoticed, but Touwa chose discretion over confrontation. His gaze met Nageku's with a measured calmness, concealing any trace of annoyance that brewed within.
[break][break]

[break][break]
"I appreciate your guidance," Touwa replied evenly, offering a polite smile that masked the subtle irritation beneath. He understood the dynamics at play and the need to navigate them carefully. Nageku's penchant for aggression was clear, and provoking him further would only complicate an already challenging mission.
[break][break]
Turning his attention to the scroll in hand, Touwa began scrutinizing the details of the mission. The eerie silence that enveloped the jungle added an extra layer of tension, but he focused on the task at hand. The strategic planning required precision and cooperation, and he couldn't afford to be distracted by personal dynamics.
[break][break]
"Well then," Touwa said, his tone neutral, "let's assess our options and plan accordingly. The fog-covered path to the north might offer some advantage in terms of concealment. We should consider the density of the foliage in the other routes as well. Stealth is crucial, and minimizing the risk of encountering the enemy head-on is our priority. I suggest we take the path to the north, where the fog provides natural cover. It might obscure our vision, but it can also work to our advantage by making it difficult for the enemy to spot us."
[break][break]
Touwa gestured toward the dense foliage in the southern and eastern paths, adding, "These routes are filled with thick vegetation. While they offer cover, they also pose a risk of noise and potential entanglements. We must move without drawing attention."
[break][break]
He continued with a glance at the scroll a polite smile, "Our objective is to rescue the client, and the scroll doesn't provide specifics about their location. So, we'll need to proceed cautiously. I suggest you take the point, leading the way through the fog-covered path." The smile concealed any frustration, revealing only the diplomatic front necessary for effective teamwork.
[break][break]
[break][break]
The Araikettei clan's KKG allows the user to obtain and wield the Life Blade - Ruiteki. The blade has its own consciousness and is capable of acting on its own. Regardless, Touwa and his Life Blade are inextricably linked to life and death. When one dies, the other dies, and thus anyone who is not Touwa is unable to wield the weapon.

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 350
[break]

[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(90%) contrast(90%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #327380; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #327380; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #327380; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
last edit by Tokonatsu Touwa on Jan 14, 2024 10:21:46 GMT -5
Glimpse of Us [Lesson]Jan 24, 2024 21:30:30 GMT -5
Hotaru Tadashi
Hotaru Tadashi Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
[nospaces]

As the two boys entered the area covered in fog they would find the sound of trickling water getting louder though still not exactly nearby. What they would find is the source of the low-lying fog. A pond of water with lilypads leaves and rocks scattered all about it. This would be a good place to set up a trap for either adversaries or for wanderers especially with the fog obscuring most things at a distance, but even with the fog, one could tell there were two more paths for the two boys to take.[break][break]

To the North, the fog would clear and curve to the east. The trees would block the majority of the path to the left, but one could make out the corner of what looked like a fence. Could lead to a makeshift area created by Tadashi for this lesson, but it could also be a trap. To the East from the pond, the sounds of the water could be heard even louder as the fog still lingered but not as dense. This was a sign there was another water source, but maybe not one as dense as the one they currently were at, but outside of that it seemed the path continued further. The fog made it too difficult to see what exactly this path led to, but at least it seemed like a straightforward path compared to the curve of the path up North.
@ TAGGED

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.ren]letter-spacing:-1px;-webkit-transition:all 1.5s ease;transition:all 1.5s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ren:hover]letter-spacing:1px;-webkit-transition:all 1.5s ease;transition:all 1.5s ease;[/newclass]
Glimpse of Us [Lesson]Feb 9, 2024 11:19:31 GMT -5
Nageku
Nageku Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Ah to be that young. Nageku could almost smell agitation, but the little boy wanted to smile and take it as he should, so Nageku simply nodded. As long as the boy knew his place then he had no reason to get further confrontational with him. Given the kid came up with a competent plan, Nageku simply moved on ahead holding his slightly larger then him, stone statue up on his shoulder as he moved on ahead. Naturally unbothered by the foggy day Nageku simply strode forward as if he owned the place, it was normal for his lack of care to be towards worry in that way. The Yamakira taught their children to be strong and Nageku was no exception to that specific rule of power.

It only took a short time for the two to find water though and frankly, Nageku really could not be bothered to want to deal with more water. Water was good for drinking, but almost nothing good ever stayed inside of water, having been alive long enough to know that was a testament enough that Nageku at least had the good sense not to be an idiot near water like a common moron. No, he knew his environments dangers, and water was most certainly upon the list of problem cases for the young man.

"Well? North or East? Personally think the old man is fucking us over either way, but I've delegated so make the call."
last edit by Nageku on Feb 9, 2024 11:26:54 GMT -5
Glimpse of Us [Lesson]Feb 13, 2024 4:13:00 GMT -5
Tokonatsu Touwa
Tokonatsu Touwa Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Touwa observed the pond with a keen eye, noting the potential for both danger and opportunity in their surroundings. Nageku's casual demeanor grated on his nerves, but he maintained his composure, focusing on the task at hand.
[break][break]
The decision between the two paths presented a dilemma, each with its own risks and uncertainties. The fog added an extra layer of complexity, obscuring their view and heightening the sense of unease. But as the leader of this mission, Touwa knew he had to make a choice, weighing the options carefully.
[break][break]
His gaze flickered between the two paths, considering their potential outcomes. The North path, while shrouded in fog, hinted at the possibility of encountering Tadashi's makeshift area, but also raised suspicions of it being a trap. On the other hand, the East path seemed more straightforward, with the sounds of water hinting at another source nearby.
[break][break]
Taking a deep breath, Touwa weighed his options, mindful of the need to proceed cautiously. "Let's take the East path," he finally decided, his voice steady despite the lingering tension. "The fog may be thinner, allowing us better visibility, and the sound of water suggests another potential water source. It's a risk, but it's one we'll have to take."
[break][break]
With his decision made, Touwa gestured for Nageku to lead the way, his expression betraying none of the doubt or frustration that simmered beneath the surface.
[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 230
[break]

Glimpse of Us [Lesson]Feb 22, 2024 19:24:55 GMT -5
Hotaru Tadashi
Hotaru Tadashi Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
[nospaces]

As the two boys went East and entered the next area they would find the fog begin to lift slightly as the density was leaving slowly giving them more access to their surroundings which now made their jungle feel even weirder than normal. It was almost like a season change as the trees looked almost as if they were in their autumn colors with hues of red and orange littering the ground with leaves. A small stream would block their path, but what looked like a crudely made bridge was positioned across it that would be sturdy enough to handle the weight of a couple of grown men. [break][break]

The path forward past the stream would lead them to a new crossroads with three new paths to choose from but without any fog to obscure their vision what was visible behind them was clear. To the north, there was a building that looked like a place where one would keep horses and though barely visible through the doorway a silhouette could be made of a girl working the stables. To the east, a clearing and a shed would be visible with a wooden fence around its border. A young man with tan skin, a goatee, and hair pulled into a ponytail was hacking at some wood as if preparing to keep warm during the winter months. His physique makes him seem too scrawny to be chopping wood so forcefully. To the south, the forest began to become even more dense with the hint of mushrooms growing across this path almost as if nature was telling the two boys to not continue forward. [break][break]

Each of these paths did have one thing in common though as the deeper in the forest they went the sound of footsteps became more apparent letting the two boys know there were more than just civilians here. One could gather that despite this being a mission to rescue a client it was also a mission to protect civilians from unknown assailants.
@ TAGGED

[googlefont=Oswald]
Glimpse of Us [Lesson]Mar 13, 2024 17:35:37 GMT -5
Nageku
Nageku Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Nageku didn't actually ask for Touwa's input much between the bits of travel that the two were partaking in until crossroads like this, however Nageku had a different type of proposition to bring forward this time. He was not going to let Touwa chose their direction, but the plan for protection would be his to formulate. What was he going to do to protest anyways? It wasn't like he was actually weaker then the little dude. He was very sure of that much.

"We go to the wood-chopping shed. Axe means he's not fully useless if a fight breaks, but make sure you make an actual plan for this. Trainings like this always end with you being jumped," Nageku would state like it was obvious as he crossed the stream's bridge with as few footsteps as possible. His heavy bare feet pressing into the wood with a heavy creak, the fact his stride suddenly extended heavily being the only seeming concillation to the noise he was also making.

Approaching closer and closer to the young man and the shed Nageku was starting to actually take this seriously, if only because he was craving to hit someone and the kid would probably get him in way more trouble then it was worth to wallop him into a pulp currently.

Glimpse of Us [Lesson]Apr 1, 2024 11:47:59 GMT -5
Tokonatsu Touwa
Tokonatsu Touwa Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Touwa observed Nageku's confident stride across the bridge, his footsteps lighter but no less deliberate. Despite the twinge of frustration at Nageku's assertiveness, Touwa recognized the practicality of letting his companion take charge in certain situations. Especially if it was someone like Nageku.
[break][break]
Approaching the wood-chopping shed, Touwa assessed the scenario carefully. Nageku's logic wasn't lost on him; having someone handy with an axe could indeed prove useful. Yet, a subtle unease lingered in Touwa's mind.
[break][break]
"We'll defer to your judgment," Touwa responded smoothly, his tone masking the inner turmoil. "But let's exercise some caution. We're stepping into the unknown, and surprises aren't always pleasant. Why don't you stay here and I will talk to the guy. If anything happens, you can intervene."
[break][break]
As they approached their destination, Touwa's focus intensified. Whether Nageku agreed to Touwa's suggestion of staying behind or not Touwa remained resolute in his commitment to completing their mission. Not wasting any more time Touwa went ahead and approached the man, clearing his throat politely to gain the woodchopper's attention. "Pardon the interruption," he began, his tone dripping with politeness yet tinged with subtle sarcasm. "I am a wanderer passing through this quiet little corner. No intentions of causing a stir. By any remote chance, have you crossed paths with this individual?" He would show the image of the man they were to rescue.
[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 227
[break]

Glimpse of Us [Lesson]Apr 5, 2024 14:01:21 GMT -5
Hotaru Tadashi
Hotaru Tadashi Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
[nospaces]

As the two began to approach the woodcutter they began to make out more and more of the details of the man noticing he very much isn't someone who is trained in the shinobi ways. They looked almost like a local who lived in the area and simply lived off the land making each day the best they could. When Touwa approached the man they jumped at the sudden appearance of children. Well, child and giant of a boy who he thought might have been the child's father. "Woah I don't want any trouble!" the man said frantically as if scary people came here often demanding something from him. His eyes were constantly on Nageku nervous from the sheer aura the other boy seemed to give off the grip on his axe tightening just in case he needed to defend himself. [break][break]

He would take his eyes off Nageku for a second to examine the photo Touwa had shown him before quickly darting his eyes to the north and back at Nageku before answering, "No they don't look familiar." Sweat was slightly dripping from his brow though this could have been mostly from the fact he was chopping wood earlier, but the two boys wouldn't be able to question if his words were a lie when they were faced with another man who showed up at the location.[break][break]

A blonde-haired man with bright green eyes led a horse along the way. He didn't take notice of the other two boys at first though as he would say, "Looks like all she needed was some feed, and she's all ready for Hi..." The man stopped speaking as he noticed the two boys and stared blankly before he quickly jumped on the horse rushed forward and reached a hand out for the other man to grab who would take it and push himself on the steed as the two would begin galloping their way away from the two boys heading south. The sheer speed of the horse would let the men escape, but not before the blonde man would shouted, "There here!" suddenly the forest would begin to awaken with the sounds of voices and footsteps. [break][break]

The two were scouts for the party who was holding their hostage capture and now they would soon be the target for an ambush unless they acted fast. To the north, they could see what looked like another building made of wood probably to house horses while to the south there was a well. The two most direct paths the boys could take, but there was one more option. Behind the woodshed, it seemed there was a brick wall blocking the path east, but with enough force, it could end up being a different way they could take.
@ TAGGED

[googlefont=Oswald]