Building an Ark

compose a reply
Building an Ark Mar 6, 2024 22:30:14 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 7th, -2 SD rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 2
Kyobona Ikana had taken to her rank as Chunin. She did her missions swiftly and efficiently. She ran a business on the side. She was training and becoming a fine Kunoichi, and certainly one of the stronger ones of her rank. However, she felt largely unfulfilled with her life, with a gap that she wasn't sure could ever be filled. Even as she served her nation and country and found herself delving deeper and deeper into her career. What she lacked was a sense of purpose. Something that her sensei told her could be rectified. However, it felt impossible sometimes. Waiting for her charge, a Shizu Amaya by the port, they'd be moving to a thriving commercial port and seeming paradise of Gengetsu. A luxurious place where they'd aid in the construction of an Ark. 

The world's largest boat. Just to show off their wealth and status. Just to show that they could. It sounded ridiculous. As she waited, she adjusted the headband around her forehead as she looked over her subordinate's dossier. A twenty something year old man with a great aptitude for Genjutsu, a skill that to Ikana anyways was a good supplementary skill and ideal as a support, but otherwise ill suited for a mission such as this. He'd be doing little more than menial labor one might imagine. Though as she'd been told in the past. Hard labor builds character. Amaya would find as he approached, he'd find a small girl. Incredibly youthful looking, gazing upon him with her purple flak jacket that rest along her lithe form.

"Yosh...My name is Kyobona. Ikana. I will be guiding you on this assignment." If he was particularly interested, he'd know perhaps she was the adopted sister of Kyobona Ikari, one of the Seven Swordsmen of the Hidden Mist. More specifically, her sister wielded the Kabutowari, the Helmet Splitter. What more, this girl was nearly seven years his junior. It must have meant she was especially skilled and talented in her own right. Didn't it? "There'll be considerable off-time I imagine while on this mission. So. I suppose if you're looking to advance your skills further. We can talk." A potential invitation for lessons? 
dandead10 has written 634 posts
Building an Ark Mar 8, 2024 10:50:38 GMT -5
Shizu Amaya
Shizu Amaya Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday December 1st rank Adv. Genin occupation
[nospaces]

[attr="class","oneword1"]
[attr="class","fromyou1"]

take me where the dark things are
[attr="class","itsover"]

Amaya approached the bustling port of Kirigakure, its docks alive with the hustle of fishermen, the calls of market vendors, and the buzz of daily life. The briny tang of the sea mingled with the robust scent of fresh catch—a smell that no longer wrinkled his nose, despite his upbringing in more inland areas. By his side, Shinkiro moved with a cautious grace, her gaze darting through the throng as if any of them had a knife waiting for Amaya. His fingers intertwined in her black fur to keep her close. [break][break]

He would be meeting with Kyobana Ikana to embark on a mission, a young chuunin several years his junior. Her surname was not unfamiliar to him as it carried weight within Kirigakure, especially noted among the ranks of the Sevenswordsmen—an elite faction Amaya held in high regard. The exact nature of Ikana's connection to the notable Kyobana within the Sevenswordsmen remained a mystery, likely they could have been distant cousins.[break][break]

As they reached the agreed-upon meeting spot, Ikana was quick to greet him. Amaya, maintaining his customary reserve, offered a bow, his introduction delivered in his characteristic even tone, "Pleasure to meet you, I am Shizu Amaya."[break][break]

Ikana, small in stature and seemingly young, matched the details Amaya had been given; she was but fourteen. Yet, her youth did not diminish the fact she was his superior. Amaya accepted her tentative offer of training during their travels with a polite nod.[break][break]

"Certainly.”

ulla

[newclass=.itsover b]color:#a366b6[/newclass]

[newclass=.oneword1]transition:1s;overflow:hidden;height:200px;width:450px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.oneword1:hover .fromyou1]transition:1s;margin-top:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fromyou1]background-color:#2f2f2f;opacity:.8;font-family:arial;font-size:10px;color:#fff;padding:10px;margin-top:250px;width:150px;transition:1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fromyou1 a]font-family:courier new;text-transform:uppercase;color:#a366b6;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
Owl has written 219 posts
Building an Ark Mar 8, 2024 12:19:08 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 7th, -2 SD rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 2
When they found themselves together, she was rather quiet. Reserved and calm as they made their way to the dockyard. Various columns and planks of wood both being prepared and transported. Ikana was no architect. Nor was she a carpenter by trade. Her knowledge of ships though in the navy was fair, and she knew that it wasn't exactly simple to put a boat like this together. In truth, so long as the mission got done. Who cared really about the minute details? She frankly didn't. There were more important things she could be doing.

"Kage Bunshin no Jutsu." She calls out, and with a burst of energy, five duplicates come into existence with a poof. The clones helping to transport the timber and supplies with the aid of her sealing scrolls to make swift work of transportation. In that frame, Ikana crosses her arms and leans herself back along a post, gazing towards the subordinate in question. If she was tired from such a technique, she never displayed it. After all, Ikana was well versed in utilizing techniques with large chakra costs. Hell, at one point in time, she'd had one of the largest chakra reserves in all of Kirigakure. Even now, it was nothing to scoff at. With the work she provided. This would be an easy mission.

"We should have an easy time ahead of us on this mission." She says rather nonchalantly. "So if there's anything you'd like to talk about to pass the time? Now would be a pretty good time."
Building an Ark Mar 11, 2024 14:33:30 GMT -5
Shizu Amaya
Shizu Amaya Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","itsover"]

Amaya watched, his interest piqued, as Ikana effortlessly deployed the Shadow Clone technique—a method he himself had only recently mastered. His use had been limited to genjutsu training; the notion of employing them for manual labour hadn't crossed his mind. Now, observing Ikana, the notion seemed obvious. If he could create functional duplicates for combat practice, why not do the same for missions and other tasks? [break][break]

Following Ikana’s lead, Amaya executed the same hand seal. In an instant, three clones, indistinguishable from him, appeared amidst billowing smoke. Each bore his signature expressionless demeanour. With a quiet word, he directed them to their tasks, joining Ikana's clones in the execution of their duties. Together, they managed the transport of materials, Amaya contributing in silence.[break][break]

It was Ikana's voice that snapped him back from his focus, inquiring if there was anything on his mind they might discuss. Conversation had never been Amaya's strong suit, especially when uncertain of another's skills or interests. Yet, he recognized Ikana's gesture—an offer of her expertise, an openness to assist where she could. Dismissing it was not in his nature, even if he doubted its utility to him.[break][break]

"My skills lie primarily within genjutsu and kenjutsu," he stated plainly, a slight nod acknowledging her offer. "Should you have insights or advice in these areas, I would welcome it." Amaya's tone, though flat, carried a hint of openness.

ulla

[newclass=.oneword1]transition:1s;overflow:hidden;height:200px;width:450px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fromyou1]background-color:#2f2f2f;opacity:.8;font-family:arial;font-size:10px;color:#fff;padding:10px;margin-top:250px;width:150px;transition:1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.fromyou1 a]font-family:courier new;text-transform:uppercase;color:#a366b6;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

NAME: Kage Bunshin no Jutsu [Shadow Clone Technique][break]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium[break]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General][break]
ELEMENT: None[break]
HANDSEALS: 1[break]
DESCRIPTION:[break]
The Kage Bunshin technique evenly distributes your chakra between one or more clones with form and substance.[break][break]

The clones created by this technique are able to utilize any jutsu the original ninja knows, has all of their special abilities, as well as their kekkei genkai. Typically a clone's equipment doesn't retain any special abilities and the clone itself is dispersed when hit with a single attack or incapacitated, although the clone can also choose to disperse itself or be dispersed by the user.[break][break]

When the clone finally disperses, any new knowledge it has gained along with it's remaining chakra are passed back to the original ninja and any additional clones.

Building an Ark Mar 12, 2024 3:03:32 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
He also knew the Kage Bunshin? Raising her brow, she looked him over from head to toe. Impressive. That was the first thought she had when she saw him. Taking the liberty to rest herself, he made it clear. He was a skillful practitioner of genjutsu and kenjutsu. He asked for insights in either of the two, and with it, she decided to share some knowledge in the topic she had more expertise on. Reaching to her waist, she firmly draws with a fluid motion her chakra conductive Katana.

"This is my blade." She declares to him. "There are many like it, and many whom wield them. However...to be the finest swordsman requires three things." She says. "First and foremost. A refined technique. Second. Familiarity with the weapon you wield. Third...Fine control over one's chakra." She says, as she funnels her chakra into her sword. The blade glows blue as her chakra bathes and extends its length. Taking the liberty to motion him over to follow her, she finds herself slashing outwards with her blade towards an incredibly thick cord of rope. Rope that is so thick that it'd be impossible to cut through with a normal blade otherwise.

So one might think anyways. She does this a few more times, segmenting it into even pieces for the sailors to use in the construction work. He could see her cuts were perfectly straight, the edge alignment of her blade guiding her blows. "With this technique, I can cleanly slice through entire pillars of stone. And even iron or normal steel blades can shatter before my blade...Though. Swordsmnship was never really my forte." A lie that was.
Building an Ark Mar 14, 2024 10:10:58 GMT -5
Shizu Amaya
Shizu Amaya Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","itsover"]

As Ikana unveiled her swords, Amaya paid close attention, intrigued by the prospect of enhancing his own kenjutsu skills through her expertise. He nodded in agreement at her trio of essential tips, finding common ground in her advice. His proficiency with chakra control was without question, and his long-standing partnership with Hajimari spoke to his familiarity and comfort with his blade. Yet, Amaya acknowledged the gap in his skill set—a lack of polished technique. [break][break]

His approach to swordplay had always been unconventional. Favouring stealth and his black smog, Amaya's usage of his sword was designed for swift, decisive strikes rather than prolonged engagements. While this served him well in ambush scenarios, he harboured doubts about his strength in a drawn-out battle, especially against an opponent skilled in a swordsmanship style.[break][break]

Ikana demonstrated how she infused chakra into her blade, causing it to glow and extend. The ease with which her enhanced sword sliced through an impossibly thick rope which offered no more resistance than air. Amaya was aware of the concept of chakra-enhanced blades, but he had not dedicated time to mastering such techniques himself.[break][break]

"Do you follow a specific style?” Amaya inquired, curious to see what her knowledge of sword styles was. He would be interested to find something complimentary to his abilities.[break][break]

ulla

Building an Ark Mar 16, 2024 21:57:31 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
A fighter with cunning and tricks was of course valued, but it didn't inherently mean one was a skilled swordsman. Only through hardship and actual combat could one truly excel in that field. Ikana would not boast herself to be the finest swordswoman, not in her age group, nor even in this generation. There were plenty of swordsmen in Kirigakure, and she was not so boorish as to proclaim talent. She hardly held value in her own life, and most people she spoke to had said her life's value could not be determined through trivializations. That she needed to find it for herself. A struggle for her.

"No." Her answer was swift and succinct, as she finds herself gazing upwards towards him. "Most everything I know in my life has been self taught. This sword technique included." She proclaims, as she holds the katana out and then tilts it slightly so she can see her face within the reflection. "Though...I suppose I've had the privilege of spectating and being around fine ninja. I got to see my..." She didn't know how to word it. Though she found herself eventually saying it. "My sister, train from time to time with Kabutowari. And as of now, I work personally to make explosive tags for the wielder of Shibuki." An honor some might say, even though it was largely busy work. 

Humility was a great teacher, and having been able to be in the presence of these Shinobi had helped widen her perspectives. In a sense, helped her develop her training, even if she hadn't worked with them precisely.
last edit by Miyamoto Ikana on Mar 16, 2024 21:58:12 GMT -5
Building an Ark Mar 20, 2024 14:07:32 GMT -5
Shizu Amaya
Shizu Amaya Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","itsover"]

Amaya's usually impassive face remained unchanged, yet internally, waves of surprise and admiration surged through him. Learning that the woman before him was the sister to Kyobani Ikari, one of the Seven Swordsmen, struck a deep chord within him. The Seven Swordsmen of the Mist were legends, and Amaya had harboured aspirations of either joining their ranks or at least proving himself as their equal. While that dream might have felt increasingly out of reach, it was a flame that still burned in him.[break][break]

"That is truly impressive," he said, his voice steady, betraying none of the whirlwind of thoughts spinning in his head. To Amaya, it was far more than just impressive; it was a link to the dreams and aspirations he held dear. Like her, Amaya was largely self-taught, his journey marked by solitude. It was only recently that he had found mentors willing to guide him, a welcome change in a path otherwise walked alone. Mizu no Kuni, for all its vibrancy, could be a place of isolation for shinobi like him, where bonds were rare and every shinobi often seemed an island unto themselves.
[break][break]
Returning his attention to the task at hand, Amaya checked on the clones, ensuring their productivity remained high. He and Ikana, through their combined efforts, had made significant progress in assisting the crew with their tasks. Ikana, for her part, continued to diligently cut lengths of rope, contributing to the effort.[break][break]

"I should make myself useful," Amaya mused aloud, signalling a shift back to the immediate priorities. "Perhaps we can continue this conversation later?" His interest in learning from Ikana—both in terms of technique and perhaps forming a deeper connection—remained, but the mission's success was important. Not one for carpentry, Amaya found his role in the simpler tasks, ferrying supplies where needed, aiding the workers in their requests.[break][break]

Even amid the bustle of the port, Amaya remained vigilant. Scanning the surroundings as he worked.

ulla

Building an Ark Mar 25, 2024 4:59:58 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
He said it was impressive, and yet, Ikana didn't think so. She didn't really understand such concepts really. What was impressive when you had no one to praise or compare your growth? Instead, she remained somewhat stoic when he talked about makin himself useful. Nodding her head, she looks out to the distance. "That sounds like a plan. We can continue your lecture later on." Standing, she sheaths her blade fully within its scabbard, before moving towards the shipmakers in question. Mainly listening to their issues, as well as the requirements needed to build such a massive vessel.

The amount of oars it would need, and sails, and how it could move. Frankly, she could see what it was. A symbol. Nothing more. Nothing less. It was too egregious to have any practical uses. She was no carpenter or ship maker, this much was for certain, and she found that there was some level of confusion to be had here in this affair. Dancing around in her mind, she finds herself crossing her arms over her chest as she oversaw him, and kept her eyes open. Whilst her clones kept themselves busy with the menial busy work. Slowly, she begins to make her way around, slipping past the workers as she kept her eyes open for any potential disturbances. Ultimately. There was only so much she could do.
Building an Ark Apr 1, 2024 10:38:34 GMT -5
Shizu Amaya
Shizu Amaya Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","itsover"]

As the day unfolded, the port buzzed with the symphony of construction—the rhythmic hammering, the persistent sawing, the occasional shouts of coordination, and bursts of laughter among the workers. Engaged in the ceaseless transport of materials for the construction of the world's largest ship, Amaya could have easily found himself absorbed in the repetitive yet essential task. Yet, his task was still to provide a keen eye. The sheer volume of materials required underscored the monumental scale of the project. [break][break]

Despite his immersion in the task at hand, Amaya couldn't shake off a twinge of disappointment stemming from the sense of safety that pervaded the port. The absence of conflict, while a boon for the village and the smooth progress of their mission, left him feeling somewhat unfulfilled. His instincts found little outlet in the peaceful bustle of the construction site. Yet, he understood the value of a mission accomplished without bloodshed.[break][break]

Amidst the labour, Amaya occasionally stepped away from his duties to assist with other needs around the site. Though his contribution outside of hauling materials was limited, he went wherever he was requested. His efforts, albeit modest in the context of the skilled carpentry that dominated the project, would at least help accelerate the overall pace of work. The skeletal frame of the ship, already taking shape amidst the hive of activity, loomed over the port. Its imposing structure, even in its unfinished state cast long shadows over the other vessels that dotted the waterfront.
ulla