age 18 years old birthday June 16th, 1005 rank Adv. Genin occupation

rain on the parade
MISSION RANK: C
NPC REQUIRED: No
RANDOM MISSION SCENARIO: Disabled
PARTICIPANTS:
Shiba Yuudai and oriko
DESCRIPTION:
Urausu is celebrating the birthday of the Daimyo, and they're having a river parade from Amegakure to the capital city. Amegakure shinobi are expected to protect the parade from sabotage from rival Arashi no Kuni villages that have their own parades for the Daimyo's honor, as well as potential thievery or attacks by bandits, though banditry is less likely. It is also extremely unlikely that ninja will see any enemy shinobi within the heartland of Arashi no Kuni.

Oriko Takehara checks his own equipment over one more time, though he wasn't quite sure why exactly he was feeling nervous about this mission. It may have been his first official mission, but he'd had much more stressful situations before, and he'd never been quite this nervous about them. He pauses and takes a moment to give himself a deep breath. Despite how labored it sounds, thanks to the filter-less gas mask, he's actually breathing just fine through the open air port, with the air only filtered of any potential dust or debris rather than being able to filter out more serious possible contaminants. It hadn't been necessary to make much use of his gas mask beyond simply covering the lower half of his face, from his nose to his neck, where it meets the rest of his biotech suit that covers his body like a skin. The symbol of Amegakure across his chest serves as a much clearer show of his allegiance to his ninja village than a headband might.

Well, just to be on the safe side... He checks his weapon pouch on one side and his medical pouch on the opposite hip, ensuring that everything is in its proper place and ready to be pulled out and used at a moment's notice, as well as the short sword he keeps in a sash around his waist. He knows very little about using weapons, but the wave-like blade is capable of delivering deep and heavily bleeding cuts, ensuring that he'll be able to get any blood from the weapon into his opponents fairly easily. That was really the only reason Oriko even had the weapon in the first place. He'd really be more likely to make use of the sniping tool he also kept in his medical pouch, rather than the Kris knife.

With everything checked for the umpteenth time, his gold-colored eyes turn to look at the beautiful float that he was tasked with guarding. He'd seen a few every year for the Daimyo's birthday, but he'd heard that some of the other nations made use of floats that would travel over land. He thought such an idea was odd; surely, a parade would take all day if one were to try and take the float over ground instead of having it be carried by boat down the river for everyone to observe. He was told he'd be taking on this mission with a higher-ranked shinobi, more to ensure his safety than for the success of the mission, and the blue-haired boy certainly hoped the other ninja was effective in combat where Oriko mostly stuck to a more supportive role with his use of illusions and medical techniques. Then, a movement in his peripheral, and Oriko turns his head to see if it's the other ninja assigned to this mission. He'd never met the man before, but he was sure the other man would introduce himself first, since he was the higher rank involved in this  mission.
Babs has written 36 posts
An Umbrella for a Parade [M | Shiba Yuudai]Mar 28, 2024 12:15:41 GMT -5
Shiba Yuudai
Life is only as good or bad as you make it.
Shiba Yuudai Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday July 19 1006 rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 3 Member
[nospaces][break][break][break]

Life is what you make it.

[break] WC 322 TWC 322

[attr="class","nicotemp"]

Yuudai had been assigned a mission to protect to float that was being used in the up coming river parade in order to honor the daimyo. Yuudai had never witnessed this parade first hand even though he had lived in Amegakure almost his whole life, but he was now being tasked with ensuring its safety from any would be saboteurs. Due to the fact his operations team was made of him and him only, the higher ups decided to use Yuudai as a substitute sensei of sorts as he was gonna be taking a genie along with him on the mission.
[break][break]
Seeing as this was his first time being teamed up with someone of lower rank Yuudai thought it best to be as professional as possible. Arriving to the place he was designated to meet his teammate for the day, he would see a male with blue hair wearing a biohazard suit and a gas mask. Yuudai would think to himself for a moment *That can’t be my genin for the day is it? Did he not get the mission briefing or something? I have no idea why he would be wearing all that…*
[break][break]
The boxer would make his approach looking the boy up and down before saying "What’s up dude? My name is Shiba. Shiba, Yuudai but most people call me Yuu.” Right after the words left his lips he would remember that he was this boy’s superior and would correct himself by doubling back to say "Umm but you can call me Sensei Yuu. Yeah that sounds better… So I’m assuming you have made yourself familiar with the mission briefing?” Yuudai had assumed the answer was no(or so he would hope), due to his previous thoughts on the male’s outfit.
[break][break]
"So what’s your name bruh? I heard through the grapevine you were part of the medic corps, what made you make the switch?”

[newclass=.nicotemp b]font-family:bitter;color:#838996[/newclass]

[Googlefont=Playfair Display]
[/quote]
last edit by Shiba Yuudai on Mar 28, 2024 12:16:21 GMT -5
Jordan has written 76 posts
An Umbrella for a Parade [M | Shiba Yuudai]Mar 28, 2024 12:34:18 GMT -5
oriko
"Why struggle against death? It comes for everyone."
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Oriko is a bit surprised at the height of the man he'd be going on this mission with, standing nearly a foot taller than he himself was. If Yuudai thought Oriko's clothing was odd, Oriko thought the same of Yuudai's own outfit. He wonders internally if the higher ranking shinobi thought they were going out to one of Amegakure's night clubs instead of protecting a very important float that might determine how the Daimyo feels about Amegakure as a village within his nation. Not that Oriko would ever say anything aloud, since Yuudai was his superior and the shorter man already had something that some of the other medics had called a "doormat personality". Never to his face, of course.

He raises his eyebrows at the Chuunin's oddly informal greeting, as well as the implied invitation to simply call him Yuu, but he's a bit too shocked to speak until after Yuudai has finished his introduction with a question about familiarization with the mission briefing, which he'd read cover to cover and gleaned most of the important information, though he wasn't really able to recall the exact details of the mission.

"Hello, Sensei Yuu. Skrrrk. My name is Takehara Oriko. Yes, I've made myself very familiar with the mission briefing. We are to ensure that the float reaches the capital city of Urausu- skrrrk- unharmed."

The voice sounds modulated, thanks to the gas mask, with the occasional interruption of Oriko having to manually breathe in, thanks to the way the gas mask is constructed. His golden eyes are bright as he's asked about his work in the medic corps and what had made him switch, but if Yuudai was hoping for an enlightening answer, he'd be sorely disappointed.

"Not what, but who. Skrk. The Ame Lord instructed me to join a Genin team rather than continue my work in the medic corps."

Technically, the orders to join the Genin team in order to improve his confidence and his ability to work as part of a team didn't need to be made public knowledge, and Oriko, being a somewhat private person, meant to keep it rather private. Just as the introductions are complete, the smaller man turns to see that the float is already starting to be pushed along by the ferrymen that had been tasked with getting their village's float to Urausu, and he hurriedly moves to get behind it, using the water walking technique he'd already learned in order to better control his chakra before he'd been made a full medic. Despite the gloomy weather, Oriko's eyes worked all around, keeping watch for potential harriers from other villages looking to gain the Daimyo's favor.
An Umbrella for a Parade [M | Shiba Yuudai]Mar 28, 2024 19:30:12 GMT -5
Shiba Yuudai
Shiba Yuudai Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday July 19 1006 rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 3 Member

[break] WC 277 TWC 599

The blue hair young man would introduce himself as Takehara Oriko, and he would follow up by saying that he did indeed go over the briefing. It would only be a few moments before Oriko would say that he did not leave the medic corps on his own will, but rather by the order of the kage. At the mention of the kage Yuudai would think of his clansman that he had met once or twice, thinking to himself *Maybe one day I will have that kind of power…* While he was not interested in being the kage of the village, he was interested in the power that someone like a kage held.
[break][break]
It wouldn’t take long for the float to begin to pulled by the boat, heading up stream towards the capital city. Oriko had used the water walking technique, making his way behind the boat out on the open water of the river. Yuudai was surprised to see a genin already using such a jutsu. He too would activate the jutsu, forming the proper hand seals before making his way onto the water with Oriko.
[break][break]
Yuudai did not know how deep into the sensei roll he was supposed to be during this mission, so he decided to simply follow the lower ranking ninja and only help when he was truly needed. Looking towards Oriko as the two walked down the river Yuudai would say "Well we got a bit of down time I suppose… So Oriko tell me about yourself. This is my first time actually being someones ‘commanding officer’ so I’m interested to learn about you. What clan might you happen to be from?”

NAME: Suimen Hokou no Waza [Act of Water Surface Walking][break]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low [Continuous][break]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General][break]
ELEMENT: None[break]
DESCRIPTION:[break]
A slightly more advanced version of the Tree Climbing Skill, this technique allows a shinobi to walk on water as if it were a solid surface. What makes this so difficult is a very precise amount of chakra ust be applied, as balance is harder to maintain on a not so tangible and even moving surface.

An Umbrella for a Parade [M | Shiba Yuudai]Mar 29, 2024 14:16:45 GMT -5
oriko
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Oriko is legitimately a little surprised that the topic of the conversation was once more focused on him, but he isn't too put off by it. It's just a little odd to have so much focus on himself from a commanding officer. The question about which clan he's from makes him raise an eyebrow, but he answers truthfully instead of commenting on how Yuudai doesn't know the clan he's from. After all, the Takehara clan is only known for one thing, and they're not a particularly prominent clan in the first place. He turns his attention back to the gradually encroaching wilderness around them as they travel along the river away from one civilization and towards another. While a great deal of the cities were highly advanced and very urbanized, the land between the cities was still rough, and since bandits could never propagate for long within Amegakure, they often became more prominent in the countryside.

"I'm from the Takehara clan. Skrrrk. Same as the Head Medic of Amegakure, Takehara Aiya. Skrk."

If it struck Oriko as odd that he had once been in the medic corps and that one of his family members was in charge of that same corps, Oriko didn't show it. He knows better than most that one does not become a good medic based on nepotism, but only through years of study and practice, and while Oriko was certainly young, you'd been studying and practicing for a long time. He was no stranger to long lamplit hours with his face crammed into a book, sometimes literally since his once broken body had left him little choice in how he could receive the information.

"But I should seek the same knowledge from you, Sensei Yuu. What clan are you from?"

He'd never heard of any Shiba clan, and likely for good reason. It remained to be seen if Yuudai would be truthful with Oriko, or let him continue to be in the dark about his officer for now.
An Umbrella for a Parade [M | Shiba Yuudai]Mar 29, 2024 18:34:09 GMT -5
Shiba Yuudai
Shiba Yuudai Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

[break] WC 355 TWC 954

Once Oriko would answer Yuudai’s question the chuunin would think to himself about the answer. While he was not new to Amegakure he was new to actually knowing who clans within the village were, or who certain high ranking people were. He had heard the clan name before but as of this very moment he was drawing a blank on who the person was or what the clan was known for. However he decided not to dig any further into the line of questioning at th moment, and such a feeling was reinforced once the young genin would ask Yuudai about his clan.
[break][break]
Oriko wished to know the same information from his sensei that was just asked of him, and that was fair. Yuudai would take in the countryside landscape around them before saying "Well the answer to that is slightly complicated. The short and sweet answer is that I’m from the Takeda clan… the same clan as the Ame Lord…” His words would drag off as he was sure admitting relation to the Ame Lord would bring up more questions from his pupil. Yuudai would let out a sigh before beginning to speak again.
[break][break]
"My last name is in relation to my adoptive father, he was from a clan of merchants and entertainers. Sadly he died when I was 8 and I spent a few years on my own before my clan was able to locate me.”
[break][break]
Yuudai had possibly said too much but he didn’t care much, never being the type to want to hide secrets about himself. As they would continue on down the river Yuudai would gain a blank expression upon his face, as he thought about the man who helped raise him vs the clan that helped make him who he was today.
[break][break]
"But where you’re from is not what’s important, its where you are going that’s important. We both have family in high positions but we must do our best to make our own path… A star cannot shine when next to the sun dude!” As he said the last sentence his face would slowly turn into a smile.

A slightly more advanced version of the Tree Climbing Skill, this technique allows a shinobi to walk on water as if it were a solid surface. What makes this so difficult is a very precise amount of chakra ust be applied, as balance is harder to maintain on a not so tangible and even moving surface.

An Umbrella for a Parade [M | Shiba Yuudai]Mar 30, 2024 9:58:33 GMT -5
oriko
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
At least it seems like Yuudai was willing to give answers as well as ask questions, so long as they were an equivalent exchange. That seemed fair enough to the ex-medic, and he was at least a little surprised at the statement that his commanding officer for this mission was also a member of the Takeda clan, much like the Amegakure Lord himself. It gave Oriko some pause as he chewed on that bit of information before Yuudai sighs and continues with an explanation of how he'd taken on a different name than the one of his actual clan, though if he'd merely said he was keeping the clan name secret so as to not gain unwanted attention, he would have taken that as true, as well. His mental focus halts when he mentions how his adoptive father had died when Yuudai was eight, leaving him silent for a bit longer than was really necessary. Even with the gas mask filter interfering with his words, there's no mistaking his whispered apology.

"Skrrk. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring up such memories."

In fact, a few memories of his own had been dragged up as well, but he had dealt with that trauma, or thought he had, years ago. He still had a big fear of flames, but he was hoping to gradually get over that as well. He's broken out of his somewhat traumatic episode by the leader on this mission giving him a somewhat cheesy motto, with a smile and a nickname of "Dude". The name makes him blink a few times and he turns his head towards Yuudai, one eyebrow raised in a show of incredulity, but he doesn't remark harshly as one might expect him to, given his typically very earnest demeanor.

"Well. Skrrrk. If you say so, Yuu Sensei."

His expression becomes more serious, taking on an aggressive look as his gold-colored eyes focus on something over the Chuunin's shoulder; what look like black dots, hard to spot with the downpour even this far outside of Amegakure making almost everything the same bluish grey and washing out most colors. He's not sure if they're civilians or actual bandits, but he reaches, strangely, not into his weapon pouch first, but his medical pouch. His intentions become clear when he pulls free the injection shot sniper and a couple of different injection shots as well, each one prepared with a specific non-lethal poison as he prepares to see the intentions of those who are approaching their parade float.

"Two bogeys, black clothing, 8 o'clock. Skrk."
An Umbrella for a Parade [M | Shiba Yuudai]Mar 30, 2024 10:16:59 GMT -5
Shiba Yuudai
Shiba Yuudai Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

[break] WC 265 TWC 1219

Oriko would apologize for bringing up such bad memories for Yuudai, however the chuunin would simply laugh it off a bit saying "No no its fine, as much as I loved that man I have moved on. Today is a new day and I let go of yesterday…” However after Yuudai’s slight motivational quote it was clear that Oriko did not take well to it, or perhaps did not understand it. In any case it would only be a few moments later when Yuudai would take note of Oriko reaching into his bag and pulled out a injection shot sniper, along with darts of what he assumed were poison. Yuudai knew that some of his sayings and quotes were not liked by some, however he never thought them bad enough to prompt being shot with poison.
[break][break]
"Woah woah woah~”
[break][break]
He would begin to speak however he cut himself off when he heard Oriko begin to speak. The blue haired male would say that they had people approaching the boat which would prompt Yuudai and face the specified direction. He would see what Oriko was looking at but he was not sure what to make of it from so far out. He would hold a hand up in front of Oriko before saying "Lets slow down a bit. I will see what’s up. For now you hang back and use that sniper. If you see me form a single hand seal you shoot, got it?”
[break][break]
Before Oriko could give an answer Yuudai would use his taijutsu technique to speed his way over towards the approaching individuals.

[break][break]
NAME: Kasoku Suru [Accelerate][break]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low[break]
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu[break]
ELEMENT: -[break]
HANDSEALS: 0[break]
A very simple technique, by using chakra the user is able to instantly accelerate their selves to their max speed. This can be done in just about any condition, but any techniques that slow the user's movement (such as armor from jutsu or most jutsu that might slow an individual) will still affect them.

last edit by Shiba Yuudai on Mar 30, 2024 10:17:22 GMT -5
An Umbrella for a Parade [M | Shiba Yuudai]Mar 30, 2024 10:46:36 GMT -5
oriko
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Oriko isn't really about to shoot without some confirmation that the two are attempting to attack, but he accepts Yuudai's order not to fire without him checking up on them first. Better him than Oriko, honestly, since the medical ninja had little melee combat experience, and he'd only picked up the injection shot sniper recently when he'd been given the option of using weapons as a ninja. He's a bit surprised at Yuudai's sudden movements, but he follows the orders of the other shinobi, looking through the scope of his sniper shot to see the interaction, allowing him an up-close view despite being dozens of meters away.

Therefore, he can see almost as well as Yuudai does as the Chuunin approaches, that the two shadowy men are actually small cloaked lanterns, covered with enough drab gray clothing that they could not float upwards as they normally do when released for festivals, but instead float at a height consistent with people, making them clearly distractions upon much closer inspection. Immediately, Oriko turns his head to look in the opposite direction, seeing another group of people approaching, though these people are moving much more swiftly, and there's an actual flash of knives as they move in. Oriko scoffs, and immediately loads one of the shots of poison into his sniper shot, aiming at the nearest and slamming his palm into the back of the tube, causing the shot to sail, having used his training in basic weaponry to aim his shot in the target's path, rather than where he was when the shot was made.

It had taken some knee-jerk mental calculation, but Oriko was good at that; the man he'd hit fell to the ground a few moments later, his blade launched away by his tripping as he holds himself while his body is wracked with pain at every little touch; with the rain seemingly assaulting him, it rather immediately overwhelms him, leaving him clawing at the ground as he screams out.

Oriko ignores him, and instead starts focusing on the other approaching vagabonds; he counts three others, and that's likely too many for just his injection shots to take down. But perhaps... He slings the sniper shot over his shoulder and waits until the next one is at least a lot closer, at least within hearing distance, and just as he approaches the little medic with the clear intention of taking him down so the others can do their work on the parade float, he makes the same kind of noise that he'd heard the Academy instructor make when he's about to start chastising a student, while he forms a hand seal to mold his chakra.

"Tch tch tch."

The bandit would react as though the blue-haired boy had disappeared, and Oriko would use this opportunity to move away from the bandit that had tried to take him out, causing the bandit to spin about, reacting with horror at seemingly nothing, though he'd be under Oriko's illusion that the blue-haired Genin had managed to sneak through the rain and attack him from behind, leaving him open to an actual counterattack while Oriko himself slips away from the melee.

NAME: Ame no naka no Toppū [Gust of Wind in the Rain]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu [Visual]
HANDSEALS: 1
TRIGGER: Auditory
REQUIREMENT: Amegakure no Jutsu [Hiding in Rain Technique] x
DESCRIPTION:
This technique demands active rainfall in order to operate, be it natural or manifested via a separate jutsu. Following the sound of three quick 'tch' sounds, like a disappointed teacher clicking their tongue against their teeth, the user of the genjutsu will seemingly disappear from the target's view, as though they had used the Hiding in Rain Technique. Within a short moment, they will suddenly reappear next to the target, emerging out of the rain to attack them. This technique can be employed while one is already using the Hiding in Rain Technique, though admittedly to less dramatic effect.

If they so choose, the user of the technique can refrain from disappearing at the start and, in turn, alter the appearance of the form that emerges from the rain. While the subject of the user's projection doesn't have to be someone intimately familiar to either party, the less familiar the user is with the subject, the easier it is to identify the fake. For this reason, users often elect to pattern their illusion after a comrade or a well-known figure, if they choose to alter the illusion at all.
An Umbrella for a Parade [M | Shiba Yuudai]Mar 30, 2024 11:09:24 GMT -5
Shiba Yuudai
Shiba Yuudai Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

[break] WC 233 TWC 1452

Yuudai would approach the 2 figures with great speed, however when he would get to them he would realize that he had been duped. The two ‘people’ were in fact not people at all but lanterns set up to look like people. Upon realizing he was tricked he would think to himself *Shit that means somebody is attacking if this was a distraction. I gotta get back to Oriko!* He would quickly turn around heading back towards where he had left the genin. As he ran across the surface of the river he would weave hand seals before clenching his right fist to bring forth the Devil Bringer.
[break][break]
Now equipped with his ‘weapon’ of choice Yuudai was ready for whatever situation they may be looking at. He would quickly make note of the 3 individuals that were trying to attack the float, and he would spring into action. He would move to take out the closest bandit first, the one who was attempting to attack Oriko. Forming the required seal he would use the body flicker technique to move behind the bandit. Upon getting to the desired location he would swiftly deliver a jab towards the bandit with his right arm.
[break][break]
The bandit would fall and not return to his feet, making Yuudai sigh before saying "Never a easy mission… Oriko?” Saying as he questioned where the blue haired genin might have went.

[break][break]
NAME: Akuma Sakenomi ( 悪魔酒飲み ) [Devil Bringer][break]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium, Low Drain[break]
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu/Taijutsu[break]
ELEMENT: N/A[break]
HANDSEALS: 4[break]
REQUIREMENT: Devil’s Soul[break]
The true power of the Takeda clan, and a transformation only achieved by the stronger members within the clan. This power transforms the right forearm and hand of the user. The transformation acts as a physical manifestation of the clans demonic power. After a Takedas' first successful transformation all that is needed to transform the arm now is 4 handseals and a tight clenching of the right fist. This arm possesses superhuman strength, which it can also manifest through a larger, spectral arm. Like the previous transformation, this form increases the physical power of the user based on its current strength. However, the strength of the user is only increased within the limits of that one arm, in return its power outmatches that of its predecessor. Unlike its predecessor though, the amount of drainage this transformation has on ones chakra is minimal, given that the user must be in complete control while using this transformation. The Devil Bringer is highly durable, and with its physical strength can be highly effective at blocking attacks, giving the user advantages against their opponents in hand to hand combat. The Devil Bringer can also be highly effective in sword combat, enhancing the strength of the weapon when utilizing the right hand as a means of attack. Its increase in strength can be used to further empower the strength and durability of the blade. The user of this technique should remain cautious of their negative emotions as any major slip up could result in the transformation regressing to Akuma Tamashī | 悪魔魂 | Devil's Soul[break]
Non-Specialized ➠ Primary Buki - Tai Str[break]
Secondary Buki - Tai Str ➠ Sole Buki - Tai Str[break]
Primary Buki - Tai Str ➠ 1 Rank Increase With Sole Buki - Tai Str[break]
Sole Buki - Tai Str ➠ 2 Rank Increase With Sole Buki - Tai Str[break]
[break][break]
NAME: Shunshin no Jutsu [Body Flicker Technique][break]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low[break]
HANDSEALS: 1[break]
By invigorating one's entire body with chakra, a shinobi can seemingly disappear and reappear in another location faster than most people can see. Often times one's movements are disguised with the use of an extra element, be it a smoke bomb, leaves, water, sand, etc. in order to hide the user's trajectory from those with skilled eyes. Though it mimics teleportation, it is important to remember this jutsu merely boosts the agility of its user. As useful as this technique is, it can only be used 4 times in a battle thread, compounding in exertion and difficulty each time. with any more usages beyond that result in muscle tears in the legs from overexertion. The hand seal for this technique must be held until the shinobi reaches their destination, making it impossible to utilize other techniques regardless of any preparation.

An Umbrella for a Parade [M | Shiba Yuudai]Mar 30, 2024 11:30:06 GMT -5
oriko
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Oriko watches with intense interest as Yuudai instantly takes down the nearest bandit, but he seems to have been caught in the Genjutsu as well, and the Genin takes a moment to regain his hold on his injection shot sniper in order to let loose two more shots of poison, using a rapid and practiced motion to reload, aim, and palm the other end of the sniper tube to hit one with a poison meant to make the vagabond drowsy and sluggish, and the other hit with a poison to cause a fear response, gradually causing him to become paranoid and terrified as more of his comrades drop around him. Now with the job basically done, Oriko replaces the sniper tube back inside of his medical pouch and stops feeding chakra to the illusion technique, allowing him to seemingly reappear from within the rain.

"Still here, Yuu Sensei. With luck, I can restock on my supplies once we reach our destination... The poisons are actually pretty cheap. But - skrrrk - at least the mission is coming to an end soon."

He gestures towards the final bandit, whose eyes are wide with terror, but not down for the count, simply due to the fact that the poison Oriko used on him wasn't necessarily as useful in incapacitating targets as the other injection shots had been. He finds himself staring at the Chuunin's right arm. It wasn't any kind of technique he'd seen anyone else use, and it was somewhat fascinating. But he could ask more about it some other time, when they weren't on a mission perhaps.

"Skrrrk. Last one should be pretty easy, though."
An Umbrella for a Parade [M | Shiba Yuudai]Mar 30, 2024 16:23:41 GMT -5
Shiba Yuudai
Shiba Yuudai Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

[break] WC 357 TWC 1809

With only 2 more bandits left Yuudai would set his sights on them, before watching them both be shot by an injection shot. The first would drop to the ground much like his two other allies while the last one would seemingly break out into a paranoid fit. Oriko would soon reappear saying that he was still here, Yuudai figuring he must’ve been caught in a genjutsu or something cast by the genin.
[break][break]
The remaining bandit was ripe for the takedown as pointed out by Oriko, to which Yuudai would say "Yeah I guess I shall handle him.” Moving towards the man who was still having his paranoia episode, Yuudai would simply take his right hand and punch him across the jaw. The man would fall beginning to be released from the grips of the poison ever so slightly due to shock. Yuudai would pick him up by the collar of his shirt saying "So is that all of you or do I have to worry about more friends?”
[break][break]
"No no no! You won’t be able to stop us! We have to complete the mission, but I don’t know what to do without Raiko and Shin!”
[break][break]
The man was clearly too far under the effects of the poison in Oriko’s injection shot to speak clearly and coherently. Yuudai would sigh before taking his left hand and punching the man again as he held him in the air. The man would let out another scream as he struggled to break the devil bringer’s hold on him. "I really wish you would just talk to me and save me the effort of doing this…” Giving the man another punch to the gut to try and extract the information, he would pass out most likely due to the mental strain along with the physical trauma.
[break][break]
Holding the knocked out man in his hands Yuudai would drop him, before heading back towards Oriko. Looking to the genin he would begin to speak saying "Well I tried to get some info out of him but your poison really messed up the guy’s head. We better just stay alert from here on out.”

[break][break]
The true power of the Takeda clan, and a transformation only achieved by the stronger members within the clan. This power transforms the right forearm and hand of the user. The transformation acts as a physical manifestation of the clans demonic power. After a Takedas' first successful transformation all that is needed to transform the arm now is 4 handseals and a tight clenching of the right fist. This arm possesses superhuman strength, which it can also manifest through a larger, spectral arm. Like the previous transformation, this form increases the physical power of the user based on its current strength. However, the strength of the user is only increased within the limits of that one arm, in return its power outmatches that of its predecessor. Unlike its predecessor though, the amount of drainage this transformation has on ones chakra is minimal, given that the user must be in complete control while using this transformation. The Devil Bringer is highly durable, and with its physical strength can be highly effective at blocking attacks, giving the user advantages against their opponents in hand to hand combat. The Devil Bringer can also be highly effective in sword combat, enhancing the strength of the weapon when utilizing the right hand as a means of attack. Its increase in strength can be used to further empower the strength and durability of the blade. The user of this technique should remain cautious of their negative emotions as any major slip up could result in the transformation regressing to Akuma Tamashī | 悪魔魂 | Devil's Soul[break]

An Umbrella for a Parade [M | Shiba Yuudai]Apr 1, 2024 9:49:15 GMT -5
oriko
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Oriko simply watches as the higher ranked shinobi dispatches the two remaining bandits, though it seems that his strangely transformed arm does enough physical harm that the bandit passes out without giving much more information. Effectively the most information was that it was some kind of mission, and that two of his colleagues were named Raiko and Shin. It wasn't very much to go off of, at all, but that was all the information they got. He watches with his injection shot sniper raised and prepared, though the only poison he has left for now was the truth-telling serum. When Yuudai returns, Oriko is already filling new injection shots with the other poisons and collecting the other, emptied ejection shots from the bandits he'd already stuck, glad that they weren't too fragile to have been broken upon use.

"Skrrrk. It was worth a shot, Sensei Yuu."

The order to stay alert elicits a nod from the Genjutsu specialist, and he focuses his attention on where the lanterns had come from, as the diversion had nearly led to the blue-haired Genin to be taken out. That high speed technique that Yuudai had used was certainly of interest to him, now that he was thinking about it, but perhaps his Shunshin should be enough. It was hard for others to track his movement when he used it, and he could be out of reach of other shinobi with more melee-focused attacks rather quickly. Regardless, his golden eyes were focused on the wetlands around them as the boat continues to float down the river, no longer lazily traversing towards the capital city, but moving at a rapid pace in order to avoid any further disruptions, or at least limit them by letting the two ninja escorting the float delay any other attackers from reaching it.

Oriko didn't expect they would meet many more obstacles, but it paid to be alert.
An Umbrella for a Parade [M | Shiba Yuudai]Apr 1, 2024 21:43:21 GMT -5
Shiba Yuudai
Shiba Yuudai Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

[break] WC 219 TWC 2028

Listening to the words of Oriko, Yuudai would see the boat beginning to pick up pace. As the boat would move Yuudai would begin to make his way to follow behind it, motioning for Oriko to do the same. Now that the duo had already run into trouble Yuudai was sure to be more alert of everything going on around himself and the boat. But the one thing he cared about more than the boat or himself was Oriko. He could have lost the genin just minutes ago if he had not been quick enough, and he was not willing to lose a teammate… not again.
[break][break]
Looking to the landscape surrounding the river, before looking to Oriko and say "So Oriko how old are you? I know its probably random but I’m only asking because… well I mean no harm or disrespect but you are rather short compared to me. And the gas mask and hazmat suit make it hard for me to properly judge. Not that it really matters was just curious really.”
[break][break]
The rain would begin to come down ever so slightly harder, the sounds of birds could be heard coming from the wetlands around them. Yuudai only hoped that they had nothing else to worry about from here, but something told him that more was coming…

[break][break]

An Umbrella for a Parade [M | Shiba Yuudai]Apr 2, 2024 9:22:47 GMT -5
oriko
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Oriko is somewhat surprised at the sudden interest in himself and his age, and though he's often a bit sensitive about his height and his youthful appearance, he can tell that Yuudai meant no insult by asking him such a question. He shrugs nonchalantly when he finally decides to answer, keeping up pace with the boat and even climbing up onto it, finding an open space near the back that was likely mostly meant to be a maintenance walkway in case anything fell off the parade float as the sounds of the capital city begin to escalate in volume, though it's only a murmur when they're still this far from the city. The birds also become louder, which is actually a good sign; birds often flee at the approach of humans.

"I'm eighteen years old. Skrrrk. The fire that took my parents also burned almost ninety percent of my body... Skrk. It stunted my growth, starting when I was eight years old, and the biotech suit I wear has been aiding in the healing process since then. Skrrk."

As the sounds of the city life increase, the wetlands starts to open up, and although Oriko's hair turns wet, it still seems to be unfazed by the humidity and the damp, looking as wispy and flowing as ever. He turns his head and watches with delight as the wetlands gradually open to expose the bright and colorful main city of Arashi no Kuni, and they come upon the gated river entrance of the city, of which there are several, all of them with two gates, an outer and an inner lock so that any ship that enters through the outer door can potentially be trapped within, allowing it to be searched for contraband or other problems without actually letting ships into the city.

Oriko turns back towards Yuudai and shrugs, giving one of his strange smiles; although his mouth obviously doesn't change much, his eyes raise up, as do his cheeks, giving the impression of a smile behind the gas mask.

"Easy as pie, Sensei Yuudai. Skrrk."