Round Two: Dead By Daylight

fallen blades
Round Two: Dead By DaylightJan 30, 2020 17:40:26 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Space is just a word for those afraid to get close.
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
age birthday rank occupation

TIME: 11:00PM
(If you guys split up for whatever reason I will write two separate paragraphs.)

Mine Ahead:

Yumi wasn't about the monsters at the bridge nor the one in the woods. She'd stick to the tree's, but not to her present location. Even though they'd first spotted the creatures in the tree's above, it was at least a more quiet root to predict. As the larger branches rarely made much in noise to shinobi movement. Especially the rather short movements the density of these Konoha woods had, there'd be much more debris upon the ground too.

Almost immediately taking to travel and placing hope in the tree's Yumi's exit would be almost as Mako's quick and unseen. Rather direct movements and a mostly north east path taken so far, it'd of not been hard for Yumi to make the right choice. At least in following a direction she desired, so almost across a path she'd travel north east for over an hour. Her pace though wasn't slow and it wasn't rushed, but it was slower than some and faster than others.

Arriving at another point of interest perhaps something more, as within Yumi's view would come a wooded mountain? Perhaps it was a little small to call it such, but jagged almost loose looking rock rose above the ground. It had the growth of tree's upon it practically too thick to traverse, as the branches were thin and many. Standing almost in plain view was a creature, it was a good climb up the rock face. Still visible it was almost placed like a gargoyle watching over the woods and yet it's attention seemed rather distant.

Below it was an entrance to an abandoned mine, as described within the journal previously. It'd appear abandoned by it's state. The wooden entrance old and weathered, but a once boarded over entrance had all the board ripped off. The pieces near the entrance or perhaps lost within it. Appearance perhaps deceptive though, as a light would appear from within the mine. It'd come to the entrance a lantern and it was held by Mako. She'd look at Yumi sternly, then with slight frustration wave her to come into the mine.

Among the Woods:

Slow and steady won the race for the tortoise, but for the boy who wanted team work, he'd find himself without a single team mate. He wasn't close to the mine, as his caution kept him out of monsters grips and attention, but hindered his pace. It'd also leave the room for doubt and confusion to build. It'd seem the sound of something was always nearby. Could he of been stalked by a creature, if so then why wouldn't it attack? It was a good question, but one that lacked an answer.

Perhaps it was Raimaa, maybe she was injured and struggling to keep up. Maybe they'd been walking parallel. These were woods too it could of been a deer or another animal, but most seemed inactive as though accepting the true danger of these woods. If he kept on he was half way too the woods, but if he turned around perhaps the bridge now had unguarded clues? Mako had ditched before and survived on her own. There wasn't an implication they had to work together, but alone Rin could easily surmise everyone was already dead.

A Mako rushed into the arms of a creature, a Yumi swallowed by the woods and a Raimaa ripped from him with stealth and speed as he'd enter the woods. The last survivor to a new destination or the last survivor all together. How would Rin handle this solitude?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

TEAMMATES

Genin 1:  

NAME: Fujiyaku Raimaa
Village: Kumogakure no Sato
Personality: First impressions: Shy and unassuming. Raimaa brings thought to the team but otherwise fails to inspire leadership. You have yet to work out fully her entire personality.
Specs: Genjutsu Sole?
Pointers: Upon searching the house, Raimaa has revealed she has an intelligent streak and is capable of thinking outside the box.

Genin 2: 

NAME: Girata Mako
Village: Kirigakure no Sato
Personality: First impressions: A little defensive. Mako isn't entirely forthcoming with information about herself. She just wants to get out of the forest as quick as possible. You have yet to work out fully her entire personality. 
Specs: Ninjutsu Primary | Bukijutsu Secondary
Pointers: Mako is good at being quiet when the need suits her, stealth seems to be one of her fortes...

ENEMIES

NAME: Creature from the Trees
ABILITIES: ???

CLUES FOUND

The man at the gate told you to find your first clue north-west of the starting point.
The team have come across an old, abandoned house.
Yumie found an old journal.
The journal indicates two paths to take: the bridge over the river to the mine, or the path through the woods to the lake. 
Mako is missing. There was a loud bang.
The team have discovered a shape in the forest that went in the direction of the bang.
Something or Something(s) lurk in the trees
A Bridge with Bodies!
Raimaa is missing to everyone, but Yumi has stumbled upon Mako once again ahead of the group in a mine entrance.

Information will change in the spoiler in some rounds, so pay attention to the spoiler box on each post in case it changes.

POSTING ROUND 12

Posting time limit: 48 hours

last edit by Yoshiko on Jan 30, 2020 17:41:08 GMT -5
has written 684 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightJan 30, 2020 21:09:53 GMT -5
Yumi Yuie
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yumi Yuie Avatar
groupnull
age 14 years old birthday July 8th rank Chuunin occupation

Continue her travel in silence, Yumi thought about everything that had previously occurred. Disregarding what she felt about her group, the young kunoichi wasn't sure if it was going to work anymore. The group kept getting separated, be it because of themselves or for another reason. And unlike last time, Yumi doubted they would find themselves together again that easily. But maybe it was for the best. None of them were from the same village, so they were really only working together because of the efficiency. Plus when she was on her own she didn’t have to worry about being back stabbed. Being alone was definitely better ...right?

After some time of traveling, a small mountain appeared in her view. And based on the nearby surroundings, this must be the mine that somebody by the name of Hebi used to live in. So she would need to keep in mind that it might not be as abandoned as it looked. There was a slight problem with exploring it however. And that problem took on the form of creature lurking up a little ways on the rock face surveying the woods. It seemed like it wasn’t paying attention as of right now, but that could always change at any moment. Yumi would need to be cautious.

But before the wary puppeteer could make any plans, someone she thought had completely disappeared entered her vision. Mako! With a lantern as well. And judging from the look she received from the girl, the other kunoichi wasn’t really happy to see her. Well, she could say the same. Approaching the entrance to the mine quickly and quietly, Yumi kept a watch on the creature lurking above. If it made any sudden movements, she would grapple her way into the entrance of the mine with her chakra strings before she could be caught out in the open. Once she made it close to Mako, she would keep Ms. Bubbles close by in case any conflict arose. She didn’t forget Mako had abandoned her, so if the time came, she wouldn’t be afraid to do the same. Still, she would hear her out first to figure out what was going on before deciding to do anything too drastic.

Words. 372
Tags.
Notes

Template by Kuroya of THQ & GS.

Wynne has written 161 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightJan 31, 2020 10:53:49 GMT -5
Sato Rin
"When I fall, I will get up every time."
Sato Rin Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday June 10, 1006 rank Jounin occupation Operations Team 1 (Leader)
Rin continued to move and focus, he didn't pause or stop and he was heavily zeroed in on the task ahead. So much so, that despite the sounds he didn't let them get to his nerves. There was not much else the sounds could do to him at this point. He was not only acquainted to their presence, but he also knew that it could be anything.

He would of course, start to speed up and gain confidence and traction as he got further from the bridge and his heart stopped hammering out of his chest. The adrenaline remained solid in his body, but it was the very thing that kept him moving away from the bridge.

He wondered where the rest of the team had gone, especially Raimaa who he had not effectively seen move into the forest, only felt her detach. Nonetheless nowhere did it say to save your teammates. He was only being graded on - so he thought - completion of the task. The task here was to reach the end of the map, so he kept moving diligently through the trees. His confidence rising and so did his speed.

The trees seemed never ending, but so was his motion and he hoped that he would come across something soon as he continued to go for the northeast. He didn't stray from his path, only quickened and doubled down in his movement. This was not to say that he would not be more cautious when he heard particularly suspicious sounds nearby, but when things seemed a little more distant, he would move at a generally faster pace. Time was still of the essence after all.
Han has written 1,470 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 2, 2020 17:33:17 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

TIME: 11:00PM
(If you guys split up for whatever reason I will write two separate paragraphs.)

Mine Ahead:

Mako would lead Yumi into the mine, before taking her to a door on the inside of the cavernous walls. It was a large iron door fixed into the frame of the mine, it'd lead into a small room with a table surrounded by a couple chairs and the walls had shelving half dilapidated. Once both kunoichi were in the room, Mako would close the door and lock it. Grasping a shelf, she'd slowly lift it and then place it before the door as well.

She'd pause and listen before sighing and turning back around to Yumi. "That should deafen us if we talk quietly." She'd mutter quietly before walking over to the table and point out a journal on it. It was labeled miners log and had a red bookmark in it. Mako had already looked into it and decided to speed things up with that knowledge. "It says a lot of nothing, but the last written log describes them breaking into another tunnel that runs deeper. Those sent to explore didn't return and others soon went missing, so I think this is the origin of those monsters."

She's pause again looking back listening before continuing with her explanation. "The bookmark though is newer than the book, so much so I'd say it's recent. It's highlighting a passage earlier on where the miners were worried they'd bored themselves out of the rock altogether. Risking a rock fall on a town at the other side, so I'm thinking there's a route out through here." Mako would grin at her findings before pointing out one last one. A bulletin board with a torn corner of what looked like a map, but obviously only the tiny corner wasn't useful. "You didn't happen to see a map on the screamer?"

Among the Woods:

Just as Rin began to pick up pace, a stray rock would peg him in the back of the head. It was certainly not the largest of rocks, but he'd definitely feel it hit him. If he panicked things would of gone south, but if he ignored it they'd of done similarly. As the next object would of been much sharper and dangerous. Turning back to see the 'attacker' it'd be none other than Raimaa. A pouting looking on her face, as she'd glare daggers as though he'd purposefully abandoned her.

Raimaa was almost kneeling on the tree, as she'd seem to be shivering. Earlier she had mentioned a discomfort with climbing tree's and now it seemed to show apparent in her shaking a top a branch to follow him. Would Rin run from her to keep his tree advantage, keep pace with her and be slowed down or move to ground level to hopefully move faster with her?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

TEAMMATES

Genin 1:  

Personality: First impressions: Shy and unassuming. Raimaa brings thought to the team but otherwise fails to inspire leadership. You have yet to work out fully her entire personality.
Pointers: Upon searching the house, Raimaa has revealed she has an intelligent streak and is capable of thinking outside the box.

Genin 2: 

Personality: First impressions: A little defensive. Mako isn't entirely forthcoming with information about herself. She just wants to get out of the forest as quick as possible. You have yet to work out fully her entire personality. 
Pointers: Mako is good at being quiet when the need suits her, stealth seems to be one of her fortes...

ENEMIES

CLUES FOUND

The man at the gate told you to find your first clue north-west of the starting point.
The journal indicates two paths to take: the bridge over the river to the mine, or the path through the woods to the lake. 
The team have discovered a shape in the forest that went in the direction of the bang.
A Bridge with Bodies!
Raimaa is missing to everyone, but Yumi has stumbled upon Mako once again ahead of the group in a mine entrance.

Information will change in the spoiler in some rounds, so pay attention to the spoiler box on each post in case it changes.

POSTING ROUND 12

has written 684 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 2, 2020 18:11:12 GMT -5
Yumi Yuie
Yumi Yuie Avatar
groupnull

Following the other kunoichi silently, Yumi watched as Mako barricaded the door of the room they just entered. Well there went her quick escape plan. She wasn’t sure how she felt about her exit being blocked, but if it made Mako explain what was going on, then it was worth it. Hopefully. As Mako began explaining what was going on, Yumi browsed through the journal on the table. Sure her teammate was explaining it, but she might’ve missed something. It never hurt to double check after all.

Supposedly the mines that the two were in was the origin of the monsters they had met previously. It was just a theory, but either way it was quite worrying. Just one of them had been a problem, and if the two met a group of them, it would only end in one way. With both of their deaths. Looking at Mako with disbelief, Yumi began to speak.

"You wanted to try to escape through the caves that contain more of these monsters? Would it not be easier and safer to travel above ground like we’ve been doing? Also why would we stay in a mine that’s supposedly the origin of these creatures? It seems like we’re taking a needless risk.”

Unless there was something more dangerous above, Yumi wasn't sure about this cave exploration. Being in tight places wasn’t good for her skill set and it would only make things harder. Something she didn’t need right now. If Mako didn’t have anything more concrete to go on, then the two would be parting ways again. The cave sounded like a deathtrap and Yumi didn’t plan to die anytime soon.

Turning to look at the map Mako pointed out, the young puppeteer examined it for any clues. There might be some clues on it, or it might tell her where to go next. There was only one way to find out.

"No, I was a little bit busy dealing with the monsters that were attracted by the scream. I didn’t particularly have the luxury of time to examine everything.”

Words. 346
Tags.
Notes

Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 3, 2020 11:55:50 GMT -5
Sato Rin
Sato Rin Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday June 10, 1006 rank Jounin occupation Operations Team 1 (Leader)
Rin gripped the kunai he held and turned sharply at the first sign of the sharp pain. It wasn't horrible, but anything in this forest could have been a sign of danger. He stood on the tree for a moment, his gaze searching in the darkness until he met gaze with Raimaa. She was pouting, and seemed uncomfortable in her position.

He hopped a few steps back towards her.

"There you are," He whispered his voice so low that he thought it foreign to him. She seemed horribly precariously perched on the tree. "Thought we had lost you." Of course in all of the chaos that had occurred it was no surprise that they all had been separated to some degree especially when the monsters had shown up. Rin had tried to get a visual on the rest of the team at first, but after having not been able to he had started moving simply from the time that was escaping them. Either way there was some relief in his tone as he offered to go with Raimaa to the ground. She had a notable discomfort being in the tree, with how she was shaking. So he pointed down, and walked down the length of the tree as to cushion any noise created by simply jumping down. Then, they could move as he had intended - faster. He hoped that she would not lag behind too much.
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 5, 2020 19:57:28 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

TIME: 11:15PM

Mine Ahead:

Yumi wouldn't find anything examining what remained of the map, it was but a mere corner held by a single staple. As though that staple out of all the others refused to be budged. Mako wasn't too happy with being doubted, as she'd cross her arms listening to Yumi's rebuttal. She however didn't dare retort, as her head and ear leaned to the door. Keeping a secondary focus at the mine behind them, as well as to any potential new guests.

Once Yumi had spoken though Mako would gather her thoughts and calm herself. Quite shook by their situation clearly in her hesitation. "I noticed human foot prints on the soil outside and some a little deeper into the mine. They were recent, so I think the screamer used this mine as a means of travel to the town." Mako would explain her rational for believing this was in fact the proper destination. She'd pause listen, then continue her explanation.

"Also on my way in here, I acted a little quickly I didn't notice this place had a creature watching above. I was in the middle of the open stunned by fear, because I noticed two more in the wood line." She'd pause trying to rationalize what happened, a clear shudder in her body reliving the moment. "They didn't see me though, in plain sight. So I don't think this is about the route with the most exits, I think it's the path of least noise. Those tree's, loose rock above and thickening woods. Moving silently through that would take forever, we'd never get to the destination in time."

"Honestly, I don't think I could manage that journey making a noise and not getting eviscerated for it. Which like not to be rude, but I've ditched all of you for being too loud every time now." Proud and certainly callous words, but in the creaky home a fact rather well proven. As she could rather noiselessly escape all three shinobi's detection and certainly in the journey had made the least noise yet. "I'm not dying cause the smoochers wanna crinkle each other's clothing." Mako explained. Gulping before placing her head against the door. She talked a lot more than she wanted to.

Among the Woods:
Raimaa would follow Rin down the tree awkwardly, as though embarrassed she had to leave the tree. Certainly up top they'd be detected by her shakes and equally shaky footing. Though the ground had more brush, it had more twigs to crunch and leafs to rustle. So though one could move with Raimaa more comfortably, it'd certainly be not the fastest movement. However prior to them kicking off into the northeast, Raimaa would grab Rin's clothes tugging him closer.

Whispering she'd quickly explain to him, "I saw a map back at the bridge, it was guarded and I didn't want to stick around with everyone gone. So I did my best to look it over, it looked like the map to a tunnel system. I think it was a clue, I think I remember the right route too. We just need to find a tunnel..." Raimaa would explain so softly her words were basically haunting breathes upon the sand shinobi's face. She'd tugged him almost intimately close to her. Obviously to keep her voice down, but she'd look to him with a blush.

Shivering still perhaps out of fear of being left alone earlier, or perhaps she'd seen more than the map. The map and any information about it was most important this might of not been the spot, but if she didn't tell him now, then maybe he'd leave her. A sad look of pure fear upon her eyes, as she'd gaze into Rin's eyes. Awaiting some type of confirmation he'd keep her safe on their journey forward.

TEAMMATES

Genin 1:  

Genin 2: 

ENEMIES

CLUES FOUND

A Bridge with Bodies!

POSTING ROUND 12

has written 684 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 6, 2020 3:28:45 GMT -5
Yumi Yuie
Yumi Yuie Avatar
groupnull

Unlucky for her, the map Yumi looked at didn’t reveal anything new or insightful. In fact, it barely revealed anything at all! Still the young kunoichi at least managed to gain some new information from her teammate. It seemed Mako had found human tracks that led into the mind which was the reason she wanted to explore more if it even though it would be dangerous. She also thought traveling in the tunnels was safer because they would make less noise down here than they would in the forest. And seeing how good at stealth Mako was, Yumi was inclined to believe in her hypothesis. Yumi might actually have to rethink her plan if this was truly the case. Maybe being in the tunnels was the safest bet after all.

Another reason her teammate didn’t didn’t travel throughout the forest was because of all the noise she was worried she would make. Now that she thought about it, it might be quite hard to move silently and quickly through the trees. But just because that was the case didn’t make the tunnels any better. Both options were dangerous even if she had a partner to navigate the tunnels with. And Mako as a partner might not even be a good thing since she had abandoned her once before, even if it was because the group was making too much noise.

"Your argument has some points, but at the end of the day I’m not sure I trust you enough to not abandon me again. Unlike previously, if I get abandoned and used as bait in these tight tunnels, I will die. I struggle with tight corridors like these, and up top I actually have space to maneuver around even if its slightly more dangerous. So unless you can give me a valid reason to trust you, this is where part ways.”

Even if she wanted to explore these tunnels, Yumi still wasn’t sure if it was worth the risk. If the monsters got past her puppet, she was dead. And although traveling through the forest might be risky, it probably wasn’t as risky as traversing the tunnels with her set of skills. Still, it all depended on what Mako said. It could go either way, and Yumi wasn’t sure which way she preferred.

Words. 383
Tags.
Notes

Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 6, 2020 12:44:41 GMT -5
Sato Rin
Sato Rin Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Rin was not expecting to be grabbed and tugger closer by Raimaa, although he probably should have gotten used to it by now with how much she clung to him generally speaking. As she spoke at him he would turn his head a little bit so that she could more easily whisper into his ear instead of awkwardly talking at his face. She would speak of having seen a map and them needing to find a tunnel. This seemed like a rather interesting time to share the information but there was no time like the present if one had to ask Rin.

Once she was finished, he looked back at her. Noticing the blush and the look of pure fear on her face. A sense of pity washed over Rin. He didn't want the girl to die, he didn't want anyone to die. And out of everyone in this forsaken place, he probably would have felt the saddest if Raimaa was the one to pass. She wasn't the bravest, but she had proven herself the smallest of assets, as she was not only loyal but smart. That much she had revealed to him, but of course, a small part of Rin feared as well what she had not made known to him and it was not as if they could get to know each other now. They had to keep moving.

So, he would nod take her by the hand and start to move. His steps were purposefully on the softer ground to soften the steps and the blows of each step. He would avoid the spots that seemed like they had the driest leaves or twigs that could snap. Moss, he used moss and made sure to keep Raimaa on the same path. This way they could move at a decently fast rate without making much noise. Still, a voice inside of Rin considered picking her up and just moving by the trees...

The movement remained northeast, and he hoped that there would not be much more land to cross before they reached what he hoped was their next goal.
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 6, 2020 21:47:52 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

TIME: 11:20PM

Mine Ahead:

Mako still on guard seemed a little annoyed by the words Yumi. Choose she'd even roll her eyes at the statement of trust, as she'd already stated she didn't really trust any of them. Perhaps this was her continuing to wonder why this girl focused upon trust, it wasn't at all a trust exercise in her eyes. It was simply a survival affair and though she'd ditched the group twice, she didn't see her actions as heinous. Well it was that or simply her frustrated her attempted trap? Didn't work.

There'd seem to be little further thought going through Mako's mind, she'd almost sigh, but still unnerved stop herself short. "I wasted enough time waiting for you, if you want to wait for the time limit to end or learn I'm right in the woods. Be my guest, I want to survive and succeed, so I'm going now. If you want to you can follow me." Mako sounded mad. Perhaps at a failed plan, perhaps at the time wasted waiting or maybe even she disliked the lack of trust. She had stopped Yumi from bum rushing the first creature sighting and she was still here instead of long gone. She certainly seemed fastest in the group.

Listening once more for anything Mako would move the shelf she put in front of the door just as quietly as before, then once again listen at the door. Every step and action was cautious of her, as she'd reach to open the door though she'd stop. Hesitate. Turn to Yumi a very lost look upon her face, as she'd struggle to look directly at Yumi. "If we don't see each other at the end, then thank you back at the bridge and good luck." She'd calm her nerves and find resolution, then opening the door she'd exit the room.

Other than caution she'd not skip a beat in heading out and into the mine, a lantern perhaps the only one lighting her way. She didn't seem to rush perhaps in caution or maybe to give Yumi a chance to change her mind or solidify to follow her. Mako wasn't however going to stop for a wait, if anything noise from Yumi would likely pick up her pace. Leaving Yumi to stand by distrust and wait or head into the woods hoping for the best. Or follow Mako into the mine and assume this wasn't an elaborate trap.

If Mako had been right the woods and other paths, then the tight corners of the mines would be nothing in comparison to the branches lacing branches. There'd be more options of where to go, but also more ways to get one lost and miss directed. A fight could be more plausible for Yumi, but there'd been no real sign a fight wouldn't simply end in death. The mines albeit tight also made without the right jutsu Mako unable to really abandon Yumi either, so with Mako already leading it'd be hard to on the fly betray her.

Yumi though wasn't with a friend and didn't know any of Mako's tricks. Well other than what she could stitch together from the past experiences. There was no reason to trust Mako and even the kunoichi herself stated distrust of them all. A backing for her to plan their demise. This could be bravery on Mako's part or a clone already trying to single out the group, she might of known the mine already or perhaps stolen the map earlier. Granted a more investigative Yumi could of possibly discerned this earlier, it'd possibly be safer to avoid the mist shinobi. Not common to mist shinobi, but she might of had earth ninjutsu to manipulate the mine.

Team-up with Mako, break out on her own or wait around and hope for the others. This could of been the last chance to form a trust bond or the decision that got her killed. Granted all options could equal death.

Among the Woods:
Despite all of Rin's best efforts, it'd be hard to travel any path locked with Raimaa to move exceptionally fast. She would however seem to brighten up, as well as lose the visible shake when he'd take her hand. The two were certainly in motion to make it to the mine, but would it be to them meeting Yumi or would they find it similarly abandoned as Mako had at first. Without the knowledge which might of been a lie from Mako, there'd also be the problem of by the time they arrived there'd be the sight of a watching guard. A creature above the mine a slight distance on the rock face of the mine, but in sight and perched practically ready to strike at an on goer.

TEAMMATES

Genin 1:  

Genin 2: 

ENEMIES

CLUES FOUND

A Bridge with Bodies!

POSTING ROUND 12

last edit by Yoshiko on Feb 6, 2020 21:50:43 GMT -5
has written 684 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 6, 2020 22:35:58 GMT -5
Yumi Yuie
Yumi Yuie Avatar
groupnull

Watching Mako turn around to leave, Yumi stared at her back coldly. Decisions, decisions. Whatever choice she made could have dire consequences, so she needed to choose correctly. But since there was no way to figure out which choice was correct, she would have to rely on her gut. Shoving her emotions to the side for the time being, Yumi attempted to think about her situation from another perspective. If she traveled with Mako through the tunnels, as long as she kept her guard up, she shouldn’t run into too much trouble. Sure the thought of getting trapped in this enclosed space with these mysterious monsters was horrifying, but at least they had less spots to hide down here. Plus she had Mako, which if push came to shove she could use her as bait. The other girl had basically said it herself, their team up was only a thing because it was convenient. Therefore if Yumi had to sacrifice Mako in order to succeed, then there should be no hard feelings. Yes, this would be the most suitable course of action for the time being.

Following Mako out of the room expressionlessly, Yumi surveyed her surroundings carefully. Now that she had committed to the exploration of tunnels, she needed to make sure to always be on guard in order to avoid any more unsavory situations. Letting out a small sigh to signal her presence to Mako, the young genin began to follow her teammate silently. Whether or not they would still be teammates by the time they found an exit was a mystery to her.

Sealing Ms. Bubbles back into her scroll, Yumi unsealed Ms. Cloud and Ms. Webber from her other scrolls. Seeing as how Ms. Bubbles was injured in the previous fight, it was safer to switch to her other puppets that were in good condition. Bringing Mr. Bubbles out was a last resort, and Yumi didn’t think his size would correlate well in these tunnels regardless. Leaning her freshly appeared umbrella on her shoulder, Yumi directed her spider like puppet with her left hand to start crawling on the ceiling. Even though she had agreed to work with Mako, she hadn’t forgotten all of the things the girl had previously done. Her trust in her teammate had already been broken, and Yumi doubted it would ever be fixed again. So the moment Mako attempted anything suspicious or hostile towards her, she would herself dealing with more than just a single adversary. A puppeteer never truly traveled alone after all.

-------------
Puppets:
NAME: Ms. Webber
CLASSIFICATION: Offensive
ELEMENT: N/A
OWNER: Yumi Yuie
DESCRIPTION:

Ms. Webber takes on the form of a black wooden spider around the size of two feet in diameter. Similar to a normal spider, this puppet has eight legs. These legs have barbs on the outside of them which enable the puppet to crawl around almost any surface . These legs also end in sharp points which are as sharp as kunai.

ABILITIES:

- Hidden Weapons: Ms. Webber's body contains various weaponry that can be used for different purposes.

Barbed Legs: Thanks to the barbs along the puppets legs, she is able to crawl along nearly every surface such as walls, ceilings, and trees.

Dart Launcher: Within his body, Ms. Webber has a dart launcher that can launch up to 20 Heavy Darts. The darts shoot out of a mechanism hidden in her mouth. These darts can shoot up to 10 meters away and are single fire.

Abdomen Shooter: Located in her abdomen is a mechanism that allows her to shoot up to two bubble bombs. The bombs can reach a distance of up to 10 meters.

------

NAME: Ms. Cloud
CLASSIFICATION: Offensive/Defensive
ELEMENT: N/A
OWNER: Yumi Yuie
DESCRIPTION:

Ms. Cloud takes on the appearance of an Amegakure umbrella, however that is just a facade. Hidden inside of its body are various mechanism that allow it to do different things such as launch darts or block attacks. This puppet can also be used as a normal umbrella outside of combat.

ABILITIES:

- Hidden Mechanisms: Ms. Cloud's frame contains various hidden mechanisms inside it.

Dart Launcher: Hidden within the frame of the umbrella is a dart launcher which can launch up to 5 Sleeping Darts. These darts shoot from the top of the umbrella, outside of the canopy. These darts can shoot up to 10 meters away.

Reinforced Canopy: Ms. Cloud's canopy is reinforced with metal that allows her to use the Mechanical Light Shield Block. This canopy can also be used to block weaker attacks of a lower rank.

Loaded Handle: Hidden within her handle, Ms. Cloud has a six inch long blade. This can be used to deadly effect by the puppeteer by controlling her with strings and launching her towards their opponent, similar to a javelin.

Words. 423
Tags
Notes

Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 6, 2020 23:06:13 GMT -5
Sato Rin
Sato Rin Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
CURIOSITY BECOMES A HEAVY LOAD, TOO HEAVY TO HOLD, TOO HEAVY TO HOLD...
They moved through the woods at a decent pace. It wasn't horribly fast, but it wasn't as if they were inching along either. Rin was content with the pace even though it was a touch of a time waster. It was better than to lose a potential asset and to him Raimaa wasn't a total loss. On and on they went, he really hoped they would soon reach something, anything... Perhaps a destination that they were looking for?

Then, just as he was starting to get annoyed with how long it was taking. They reached something. Old and abandoned, it looked like the tunnels that Raimaa had spoken of that they needed to find. Rin smiled and was about to step out of the woods when he saw the ominous figure perched up on top looking not much like anything he wanted to cross... It didn't look like Mako or Yumi, it looked larger. Like one of those creatures that they were trying to avoid. Rin hesitated, thinking of the best way to get from the point here in the woods to the tunnels. They weren't far at all, a body flicker could very well make do. Licking his lips, he looked to Raimaa and pulled her hand over to his neck, then her other.

"Hold on," He whispered, so quietly that the wind would not catch him speaking the words, but he hoped with his proximity to Raimaa she would hear him. The blond would invigorate his body with chakra and disappear from sight. His speed increasing to a blinding amount. The creature wouldn't notice - hopefully - as they would appear just inside of the tunnel system and out of sight for the creature.

Once inside he would walk a few steps so that his voice wouldn't carry outwards into the forest and not out onto where the creature was perched up.

"Alright, we're here, let's figure out what you saw, yeah?" He would search for a lighting source and if he couldn't find one he would make one with a small amount of electricity to at least see some details of what they were walking into. The whole time he kept a single hold on Raimaa's hand, now that they were in the tunnels he didn't want the girl to leave because she was his only way out, so he believed.

LAIKA OF THQ

NAME: Shunshin no Jutsu [Body Flicker Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
DESCRIPTION:
By invigorating one's entire body with chakra, a shinobi can seemingly disappear and reappear in another location faster than most people can see. Often times one's movements are disguised with the use of an extra element, be it a smoke bomb, leaves, water, sand, etc. in order to hide the user's trajectory from those with skilled eyes. Though it mimics teleportation, it is important to remember this jutsu merely boosts the agility of its user. As useful as this technique is, it can only be used 4 times in a battle thread, and any more usages beyond that result in muscle tears in the legs from overexertion.
last edit by Sato Rin on Feb 6, 2020 23:06:58 GMT -5
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 7, 2020 19:52:10 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

TIME: 11:55PM

Mine Ahead:

Mako noticing the other shinobi choose to follow would give a slight smile at first. Perhaps triumphant in fooling Yumi, but equally as likely just happy to not travel alone. This adventure wasn't the type any would likely want to make alone, but survival required certain things. At least to the Mist shinobi as she'd stated, but one of those things was silence and when Yumi switched puppets, it'd cause the sword wielding kunoichi to spin around and almost glare at Yumi.

Quickly face palming she'd continue for only a second, before stopping again. As the puppet on the ceiling would create clear clicking sound. The barbs on it's feet chipping stone to mount itself to the ceiling. Mako would gesture. 'Are you serious?' Her eyes wide open with and snarled expression of rage. She'd raise her finger to her lips and then point to the spider. Despite Yumi's desire for defense Mako wasn't wrong, this puppet was much louder than them being sneaky in it's form of travel.

Time was already wasted though, so Mako would set off leading the way. She'd move at a fast, but easy enough pace for Yumi to keep up without losing stamina quickly. Granted Yumi found away to keep her puppet quiet, but otherwise she'd move rather quicker than Yumi. Uninterested in the sound of the spider drawing her own doom, but so long as Yumi wanted to follow it was hard to lose track of the only source of light storming the tunnel. There'd be points in the mine at first where it'd widen and seem to have other routes, but if Yumi was close she'd see they were only short digs to drain a vein of some sort.

The first decision came fairly deep into the mine a left or right, but without any signs of a sign. Mako didn't wait on Yumi to pick a route, she didn't have the map and didn't seem to show an ability to pre-navigate. Instead Mako went right at the first intersection, but going down that tunnel would lead to an opening where perhaps a vein had been found. Entering the almost room, there'd be in a far corner a smaller tunnel whole, as though they'd started digging more a crawl space than an easy walk. As soon as light highlighted the smaller tunnel though, Mako would turn around either to Yumi with a headshake or quickly going back to the girl still sporting a spider. Passing her to once again take lead and go down the opposite path, as though to say this wasn't the way.

Speeding down the left path next, there'd be a decent distance, then a split in the road again. This time Mako would try left and find herself leading them to a room that had what looked like draped over bunks for beds. Placing down the lantern, so the room remained lighted for Yumi to catch up on or for her to keep guard over the exit. Mako would investigate the cloth and see what was behind it, she'd have sword ready, but revealing two empty beds she'd sigh relieved. She didn't want to fight another one of those crazy strangers. They didn't seem better than a monster.

Only one way out the way they came, so it'd be back to the right route. It might of looked bad Mako making every wrong choice, but there wasn't a guaranteed right path and it'd perhaps prove she didn't know the way either. Mako's movement clearly were elegant in the places she choose to step and the way she held the lantern as she'd run kept her almost ghostly quiet. The lanterns light being the only destroyer of stealth. The right path took them another decent distance, they'd hit another fork in the road. It'd almost look like three routes, but glancing the lantern down each, it'd seem the farthest right went only a short distance to device used to sort rocks gathered. All dusted, rusted and abandoned.

Mako wasn't really about investigating the area, so unless stopped she'd choose the farthest left path first. It'd take them a decent distance before another room, but this room seemed to have a hole near it's center. Mako stopped considered the option and would almost leave, before stopping and walking towards the whole. Waiting for Yumi to be close enough to see her, as she'd whisper, but mostly lip the words. "I hear water." She'd peer down the hole, but without Yumi's addition decide to simply turn back again. They must of still had further to go.

Among the Woods:
Their travel going almost completely unhindered the two would arrive at the mines close by entrance. It'd be roughly the thing Raimaa stated she had knowledge to. A perhaps show of her honesty, as they'd both stop to realize something a creature. Strangely enough neither saw the same one first, but Raimaa couldn't point out hers to Rin. And little did they realize with more investigation there'd be two more barely noticeable among the background.

Rin would in a dashing fashion though take the girl and with one quick exertion of chakra and skill deliver the both of them into the mine. Scared by sudden pick up, she'd practically curl up against him. Wrapping her legs around him and squeezing him in a tight grip, as to not be dropped or separated. "Thank you Rin." She'd whisper before pecking him on the cheek in thanks, as she'd slowly get her own footing again.

Linking by more than the hand, she'd practically loop her arm around his and intertwine them. Perhaps getting too comfortable, but maybe she was just flustered and overwhelmed by his knightly action. Her free hand reaching into her own tool bag, as she'd pull out a tag with the kanji for light written upon it. She'd channel chakra into it and a dim light would press forward. Carefully she'd walk into the mine, as she'd guide him by her side. She wasn't comfortable with moving to fast, as she'd clearly highlight every dip crack and deficit in the mine walls. Paranoid about another person popping up most likely.

Passing the room that Mako and Yumi had held their pow-pow a while back, but she'd not bat eye and with decent enough confidence seem to know the way? Rin would still feel tremors coming from her every time a shadow seemed to cast wrong, but otherwise she seemed to think the room wasn't worth their time exploring. They'd make it to the first split after long enough and with only a moments hesitation and thought, she'd choose to go left and with that have the two on their journey deeper into the mine without the interruption of dead ends. Granted Rin didn't mess with her decision making or ask to explore other options.

TEAMMATES

Genin 1:  

Genin 2: 

ENEMIES

CLUES FOUND

A Bridge with Bodies!

POSTING ROUND 13

has written 684 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 8, 2020 5:09:37 GMT -5
Yumi Yuie
Yumi Yuie Avatar
groupnull

Yumi allowed a small smile to appear on her face as Mako turned around in a fit. It seemed Ms. Webber was making too much noise climbing the ceiling. Such a shame. She had actually momentarily forgotten that her puppet wasn’t as silent as she had previously thought. Looks like she would have to change the way her puppet traveled. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

As Mako continued on deeper into the tunnel, Yumi pulled Ms. Webber towards her and had her perch on her other shoulder. By adjusting her hood so it clumped together on her left side, the young kunoichi was able to avoid any uncomfortable poking that would have happened due to her puppet’s barbs. Once her puppet was situated, Yumi continued following her teammate at a moderate pace down the tunnels. There were a few other routes here and there, but the young kunoichi doubted they lead anywhere. From the ones that she was close enough to see, they were only short tunnels dug out to mine some type of ores. And judging from the looks of things, there’d be many more tunnels like them down here.

As the two girls approached an intersection, Yumi watched with a raised eyebrow as Mako headed down the right path with no hesitation. Did her teammate actually know where to go? After a few more moments of traversing, the young puppeteer soon came to a realization. Mako didn’t actually know where to go at all! She was just guessing! The only place the right path led them to was a dead end except for a small tunnel that went to who knows where. Sure, the two could crawl through if they really wanted too, but Yumi highly doubted that was the way to go anyways. Plus it would be hard to see in that tunnel. Exploring it would only invite needless danger.

Watching Mako pass her quietly and take the lead again, Yumi narrowed her eyes. Hadn’t Mako said she read a map of this place? From the way they were traveling either Mako sucked at reading maps, the map wasn’t correct, or there hadn’t even been a map in the first place. She would have to wait and see before coming to a decision though. There was still too much she didn’t know.

The two girls backtracked and went down the left pathway instead, and after taking a left at the next intersection, they happened upon a room filled with beds. As Mako placed the light down so the two could see, Yumi attempted to scout around for any clues. She checked under the bed for any type of suspicious object such as a paper from a journal or writing etched on wood. Whether she found a clue or not, once her examination was done she would leave the room and follow her teammate once more.

It didn’t take long for the girls to happen upon another intersection. It seemed that these tunnels were full of them. This time however there were three routes to traverse. But judging from the look of the tunnel to the right, that one wasn’t really an option. Since Yumi didn’t feel a particular way about either of the two remaining paths, she allowed Mako to lead her down the leftmost one. After traveling for a while, they were met with the sight of another room. This one had a hole in it however, making it quite different from the room they had found before. Peering down the hole with Mako, Yumi tried to see if she could notice anything strange about the contents in the hole. What was even down there?

Regardless of whether she found something or not, the young kunoichi began to whisper to her partner before the two left the room.

"How do you know we haven’t passed the exit yet? It could’ve been the small tunnel we found in the earlier rooms or it might actually be down this hole. Also what are we going to do about this lantern? Sure we need to see, but the whole point of quieting our footsteps is so that we don’t get discovered. But none of that really matters seeing how the brightness of this lantern is a dead giveaway to our position.”

The only reason Yumi brought up these concerns now was that the sound of water made her remember the monsters on the bridge. The two kunoichi had been traveling for quite a while, so the odds of running into someone else down in the tunnels wasn’t low. She wasn’t sure what they would do if they chose to remove their light source, but if Mako decided to keep it, she would have to come to terms with the fact that their stealth would suffer. Hiding at the first sign of noise wouldn’t work if the light just gave away their position. Still, maybe continuing on the way they had been doing was the right choice. It wasn’t like they had a lot of options after all.

Words. 840
Tags.
Notes

Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 8, 2020 11:25:59 GMT -5
Sato Rin
Sato Rin Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
CURIOSITY BECOMES A HEAVY LOAD, TOO HEAVY TO HOLD, TOO HEAVY TO HOLD...
As they entered, Rin would grow quiet but using the light that Raimaa had conjured he would begin to look around quietly. Slowly and silently his fingers of his free hand would pull out a kunai from a pouch just in case they needed immediate protection or immediate distraction from an enemy. For now though, they would walk. They entered a room, and Rin seemed to slow momentarily until Raimaa almost confidently continued to pull him with her. It was surprising to see this kind of behavior from her, as she had been quite hesitant the whole time in the forest. It was an interesting change of pace, but Rin wasn't complaining. For now, he would trust her decisions.

She was smart, and she had claimed to have seen the map. Plus, what was the point of leading him astray - truly - if she too wanted to survive and was terrified of death. Their steps were quite light, the ground making for a mostly silent journey. Rin would squeeze Raimaa's hand every time she would jump or tense at the sight of a shadow or anything that appeared as an enemy in the darkness, but was not. He was there to assure her that it was okay. He would try to help her if things came down to it, but it seemed okay right now.

Further, into the mine they came to a fork, and she took a left only after a small amount of consideration for the two paths. Rin would lick at his lips, wetting them. His heart wouldn't stop pounding, even though there hadn't been any danger in what felt like miles he was constantly on edge. Not as much as Raimaa who would be scared by the flickering shadows cast by rocks and their bodies, but enough to feel a healthy or unhealthy sense of anxiety.

He just hoped that they were going the right way, and Raimaa did know without a shadow of a doubt that she was going in the right direction. He was putting his life in her hands, after all.

LAIKA OF THQ