Round Two: Dead By Daylight

fallen blades
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 8, 2020 19:13:01 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Space is just a word for those afraid to get close.
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
age birthday rank occupation

TIME: 12:00PM for Yumi & 12:20 for Rin
(If you guys split up for whatever reason I will write two separate paragraphs.)

Mine Ahead:

Mako didn't want to make a noise the entire journey, so when she'd finally be stopped for a whisper she'd seem unnerved. Attempting to listen to the tunnel they'd come from, she'd sigh deciding it was better to talk here than go further on. Her eyes watching the hole in the room closely, as it still held unknown amount of mysteries. "I don't know, but they don't seem like obvious exits." Would be the initial answer Mako whispered. Shifting her gaze and tunneling her hearing with a hand to listen backwards again.

Clearly too paranoid to speak a whole bit and answer all questions at once. "The small tunnel felt to early into be anywhere near the end, it also reminded me of the last entry which mentioned letting these creatures out." Mako explained her logic for why they'd ignored the first possible exit. It wasn't like any light source seemed to come back from the tunnel either, but enough twists in a tunnel and that was certainly possible.

"That hole goes straight down, to what sounds like moving water. It doesn't seem like something a non-shinobi could easily traverse and my theory is people are using this path." She'd explain her logic for not believing in the whole going straight down, but she didn't explore to know for sure. It also could of been where the creatures were released, but she didn't seem to think so, as she hadn't brought it up. A part of her brought up the water, as it did make her curious, but water in a tunnel could require diving and that'd be the end of the lantern.

To which would bring the final point of the lantern and Mako didn't really have a good reply. "I need the light to be aware of my surroundings. If we went in through the dark we could trip and other stupid things to be loud." She'd look back over her shoulder and then back to Yumi. "Like I said I think the creatures have bad sight, but like if I have to... I guess I'd throw the lantern?" She'd reply honestly unsure how she'd have to act if the lantern turned into a detriment. Mako had a theory she believed in and fear of the ticking clock. A plan was starting to show clearly absent.

Among the Woods:
Raimaa and Rin would traverse the tunnel at their leisurely rate. A couple more in numbers by the appearance of closeness and glee. Granted Raimaa was mostly happy to have Rin and Rin was mostly happy to see Raimaa not countless letting them down. Though it was an on and off look shared between the two. They were more so riddled with the fear of the mine, than the sense of lovebirds. At least that was what beamed mostly off the sand shinobi.

Unsure of what could jump out and kill them, as well as keeping a somewhat good footing, it'd be a slow process to the next split in the road. Another simple left or right situation, to which Raimaa would look down in thought. Nodding to herself as though accepting the image she remembered, then she'd turn to take the right path. Sending them rather methodically after the other two shinobi. However their pace and lost time getting their later would mean that they still weren't truly close to meeting up again.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

TEAMMATES

Genin 1:  

NAME: Fujiyaku Raimaa
Village: Kumogakure no Sato
Personality: First impressions: Shy and unassuming. Raimaa brings thought to the team but otherwise fails to inspire leadership. You have yet to work out fully her entire personality.
Specs: Genjutsu Sole?
Pointers: Upon searching the house, Raimaa has revealed she has an intelligent streak and is capable of thinking outside the box.

Genin 2: 

NAME: Girata Mako
Village: Kirigakure no Sato
Personality: First impressions: A little defensive. Mako isn't entirely forthcoming with information about herself. She just wants to get out of the forest as quick as possible. You have yet to work out fully her entire personality. 
Specs: Ninjutsu Primary | Bukijutsu Secondary
Pointers: Mako is good at being quiet when the need suits her, stealth seems to be one of her fortes...

ENEMIES

NAME: Creature from the Trees
ABILITIES: ???

CLUES FOUND

The man at the gate told you to find your first clue north-west of the starting point.
The team have come across an old, abandoned house.
Yumie found an old journal.
The journal indicates two paths to take: the bridge over the river to the mine, or the path through the woods to the lake. 
Mako is missing. There was a loud bang.
The team have discovered a shape in the forest that went in the direction of the bang.
Something or Something(s) lurk in the trees
A Bridge with Bodies!
Raimaa is missing to everyone, but Yumi has stumbled upon Mako once again ahead of the group in a mine entrance.

Information will change in the spoiler in some rounds, so pay attention to the spoiler box on each post in case it changes.

POSTING ROUND 13 - 14?

Posting time limit: 48 hours

last edit by Yoshiko on Feb 8, 2020 21:11:46 GMT -5
has written 684 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 8, 2020 23:52:10 GMT -5
Yumi Yuie
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yumi Yuie Avatar
groupnull
age 14 years old birthday July 8th rank Chuunin occupation

Nodding her head silently as Mako spoke, Yumi listened to her explanation. The first tunnel couldn’t have been the exit since it was too early on in their exploration, and the hole also couldn’t be it since it would be too hard for civilians to traverse. The explanation sounded logical to Yumi, but what she was most worried about was the mention of monsters. Both of these areas Mako had mentioned could have been used by the monsters. And if they were able to traverse the area thanks to these tunnels, then the two of them were in for a bad time. Still no sense worrying about it until they had too. Yumi had other problems to deal with.

Although Mako’s lantern plan was filled with holes, there was really nothing Yumi could say about it. Without light, it would be much harder to traverse. She just wished she had added the night vision eyes to her puppets that she had been meaning to do. It was too late now, and she was suffering for it. Giving Mako a helpless shrug, Yumi waited for her to take the lead again. Having a plan like this sucked, but there was really nothing the two could do about it. They would just have to travel as fast as they could and hope they didn’t run into anything too dangerous. They hadn’t so far, but who knew what the rest of the tunnels had in store for them.

Words. 245
Tags.
Notes

Template by Kuroya of THQ & GS.

Wynne has written 161 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 9, 2020 0:10:47 GMT -5
Sato Rin
"When I fall, I will get up every time."
Sato Rin Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday June 10, 1006 rank Jounin occupation Operations Team 1 (Leader)
CURIOSITY BECOMES A HEAVY LOAD, TOO HEAVY TO HOLD, TOO HEAVY TO HOLD...
Fear, uncertainty. It wasn't necessarily surprising considering where they were. The dark corridors were hardly welcoming and he knew that Raimaa probably did not feel any better - based on how jumpy she was - than he was. He at least had a kunai in his hand, not that it would do much if a monster were to show up. But, it would be something. And his current trust being placed in the girl, was entirely in hopes that they would not run across any monsters. Their rate of movement was enough that they were making progress, but without much noise which was very helpful. It meant that they would not attract unwanted attention. Rin could have moved faster on his own, but he didn't know where to go for sure so he was moving along with Raimaa a little slower, but at least with the slightest hint of knowledge that they would be okay for now.

They came across a fork sooner rather than later and would stop there momentarily as Raimaa looked down and thought it over. She nodded and moved into the right split in the road. Rin also nodded to himself in the darkness. She didn't seem to hesitate as much as she would stop to recall the map and for this reason, Rin wasn't doubting her decision to move right. But he did feel himself naturally speed up a little bit, not dragging Raimaa along but his steps would accelerate although not enough that he would become louder by any means. He didn't want to be louder, he just wanted to be a little faster... Just a little bit.

LAIKA OF THQ
Han has written 1,470 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 11, 2020 20:25:42 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

TIME: 1:00PM
(If you guys split up for whatever reason I will write two separate paragraphs.)

Mine Ahead:
Mako and Yumi decided on an action would take the final path, it'd be a journey backwards, but these side trails had all been shorter than the paths between splits. This however wouldn't be true for the middle route, as a relatively short distance compared to the others would lead to another triple split path. Mako wasn't sure what was right or wrong, it wasn't like before as none of the paths appeared to end shortly after. This time they'd go the right way though, she'd seem determined to pick the right route.

More time spent at this split than the others, it'd still draw no new information and thus Mako would drive the two straight. A path which took them a somewhat decent distance before taking them to a larger mined out area. It'd take a moment for Mako to grasp what was a direction and what was merely an extension of this dug out room. It was a little spookier in this sense, as their were support beams laid about the room. A potential for something to be hidden and that'd slow the Kirigakure genin.

However, then there'd be a path to head down, but before Mako could bring full lantern there'd be the sight of a slight twist. A subtle sign of light not provided by artificial means. They'd found the exit to the mine?! Mako would rush to lead them out of the mess and despite no shadows sticking out from the support beams, safety was an illusion. The room seemingly empty of life wasn't and despite the obvious bodies from earlier nothing would be obvious of what happened next.

A rock. At least what looked like a normal rock among the endless landscape of rock would fold open revealing it was a very well built disguise. It was quick and right as Mako was passing it, as if she ran faster or slower it'd of been no problem. Instead the Mist Shinobi could only catch a subtle glimpse of movement in her peripheral, before it could be processed a spear head already drove into the girls side. Destroying her motion and catching her, she'd hear the lantern a little and for a moment focus upon setting it down.

The attacker in those seconds would begin twisting the spear, Mako just barely able to put the lantern down as lightly as pain allowed. One of Mako's hands grasping the spear to prevent it from further moving or twisting, as the attacker would lunge forward with vicious look. The attacker other hand wearing some clawed gauntlet and reaching to strike Mako again with it. The Genin though wasn't defenseless and quiet drawing of Mako's sword would severe the attackers head and arm. Death forced the body to collapse and the muscles to tense. Ripping the spear from Mako, as it'd fall to the ground with a thud.

Mako's body would wain as though she'd be collapsing next, but she'd catch herself with one hand on the lantern. Pain from her wound would cause her to grasp the injury and apply pressure. Blood dripping from around the girls hand, as she'd bite her lip a mixed look of pain and anger. Knowing she couldn't scream, but wanting nothing more than to let out her pain. If there'd been any doubt this was the real Mako, it'd be now proven false, as the girl didn't disperse and her form didn't change. A sound from behind the two wouldn't be long after the brief action, so without a second thought Mako would charge off for the mine's exit. All elegance in her pace was lost, as she was clearly struggling with the pain of the wound and likely suffering from blood loss.

The exit wasn't far and Mako didn't want to deal with the dark enclosure, her wound and whatever might be next. She'd quickly dive for cover, but at that point she'd slump against the first tree. Needing to actually stop and address her wound.

Among the Woods:
Raimaa and Rin would travel a good distance before making it to a third fork in the road. It'd be this time the dou was presented with three choices like Yumi and Mako. Though Raimaa would take a longer pause than before at this one, as she'd seem to stare down the center path. Certainly that'd been her intention? Though a puzzled look would appear upon the girls face, as though there was a doubt of her directions. It'd be a bad point to turn around now, but instead Raimaa would look to the right path.

More chakra surged to the seal she held and the light would brighten, as though bathing the dig in to the two's right. There'd be old shifting equipment and other mining tools, but despite no clear path in the area Raimaa would proceed. Suddenly she'd stop upon spotting what looked like an old cooking pot in one corner. She'd approach the pot and lifting the lid reveal an envelop, it was in pristine shape and clearly not a relic of the past.

Opening the envelop she'd find a note inside and look it over confused, before passing it to Rin and stating. "Read this, I don't get what it's saying." She kept her tone relatively hushed, as she'd hold her light source up so the sand shinobi could read the letter inside. Rin looking it over or reading it aloud would likely find himself equally confused, as the message read. 'Don't doubt the light, but fear the dawn. A path of pardon is the only one to salvation.' Raimaa would see if Rin gave any sort of rationalization or equally seemed confused.

Folding the note back up and putting it in her pocket, Raimaa would hold onto the note and direct Rin down the center path next. They'd head down it likely a shorter distance than the others traveled, but upon reaching the next fork in the road there'd be a sound. It was hard to tell from where and it'd come at the worst time, as there'd literally be a path in any direction. So the miss directed sound could of been down any of the cave halls. Shutting off her light and burying her face into Rin, she'd pin him against a wall as though to hide them. Keep them out of the path of something coming, if something was coming.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

TEAMMATES

Genin 1:  

Personality: First impressions: Shy and unassuming. Raimaa brings thought to the team but otherwise fails to inspire leadership. You have yet to work out fully her entire personality.
Pointers: Upon searching the house, Raimaa has revealed she has an intelligent streak and is capable of thinking outside the box.

Genin 2: 

Personality: First impressions: A little defensive. Mako isn't entirely forthcoming with information about herself. She just wants to get out of the forest as quick as possible. You have yet to work out fully her entire personality. 
Pointers: Mako is good at being quiet when the need suits her, stealth seems to be one of her fortes...

ENEMIES

CLUES FOUND

The man at the gate told you to find your first clue north-west of the starting point.
The journal indicates two paths to take: the bridge over the river to the mine, or the path through the woods to the lake. 
The team have discovered a shape in the forest that went in the direction of the bang.
A Bridge with Bodies!
Raimaa is missing to everyone, but Yumi has stumbled upon Mako once again ahead of the group in a mine entrance.

Information will change in the spoiler in some rounds, so pay attention to the spoiler box on each post in case it changes.

POSTING ROUND 15

has written 684 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 12, 2020 3:08:30 GMT -5
Yumi Yuie
Yumi Yuie Avatar
groupnull

After walking for a good bit, the two kunoichi arrived in a room filled with support beams and what seemed like an exit in sight. But before the two could fully approach, the situation began to turn for the worse. As Mako ran on ahead, Yumi watched as a hidden opponent appeared from what she had assumed was just a rock. Before she could shout out a warning, the mysterious opponent drove a spear into Mako’s side. Thankfully her teammate was able to put down the lantern safely, preserving their only way to see. Her teammate’s skill was then quickly shown by decapitating the owner of the spear and cutting off his arm.

As Mako gripped her wounded side in pain, Yumi rushed up towards her so that she was directly next to her, allowing her teammate to lean on her if she chose too. Reaching into her pouch and grabbing a blood pill, the young puppeteer attempted to place it in her hand.

"This will help you with the blood loss. Also stay close to me in case there’s anyone else up ahead.”

Running towards the exit beside Mako, Yumi had Ms. Webber launch a bubble bomb directly behind them. Hopefully when it erupted into soap and foam, it would slow down whatever was behind them if they chose to give chase. She would also place Ms. Cloud on her back so she could hold the lantern instead of her teammate. Once the two girls made it outside, Yumi would attempt to lead Mako to the nearest tree or area they could hide in before examining her wound closer. The young puppeteer would also keep watch to make sure nothing unsavory was able to sneak up on them. If something did, it would be quite hard for Mako to flee.

NAME: Bubble Bomb
CLASSIFICATION: Offensive
ELEMENT: Jōton
OWNER: Yuie Shōko
DESCRIPTION:
A small glass sphere full of what appears to be a simple watery liquid. Slightly more opaque than normal water, it is filled with Yuie liquid soap. The sphere itself is rather fragile and intended to be used like a grenade. It is roughly the size of a baseball.

ABILITIES:
When broken and exposed to air, the soapy mixture inside the sphere rapidly foams and bubbles up to cover a decent area of 5 meters. The area becomes extremely slippery and anything that comes into contact with the soapy bubbles becomes difficult to hold onto.

The soap bubbles will stick around for three quick turns or roughly one full minute, whichever comes sooner. At that point, they dry up and become ineffective. Anything made slippery by the bubbles will also dry off within the same period of time. The bubbles are very susceptible to being washed away. It is not recommended to consume the bubbles as it can induce vomiting and cause esophageal irritation. Inhalation is also not recommended as it can fill the lungs and cause irritation. Medical attention may be required if sufficient amount is consumed.

``````````

NAME: Blood Pill

CLASSIFICATION: Supplementary

DESCRIPTION:

Blood Pills are medicine that are widely distributed to shinobi. The pill is used by shinobi to speed up the formation and increase of blood in the body. After having lost a significant amount of blood in battle, a ninja can use this pill to replenish their blood so they can keep on fighting.

Words. 301
Tags.
Notes

last edit by Yumi Yuie on Feb 12, 2020 3:09:52 GMT -5
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 12, 2020 11:26:00 GMT -5
Sato Rin
Sato Rin Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday June 10, 1006 rank Jounin occupation Operations Team 1 (Leader)
Rin continued to follow Raimaa although this three way fork she seemed to stop and appear a bit lost. Which wasn't overly reassuring, unfortunately. They went to the right briefly, discovering some kind of container that had a pristine envelope inside. Raimaa read over it before offering it to him. Rin would read it too, to himself. His brows furrowing as he mouthed the words in silence. So clean and pristine, there was no way that this was a relic of the past like most of this round had been. This had to be some kind of clue, but he had no idea to what. Raimaa would pocket it, and Rin would commit the words to memory. They would trace their steps back and end up at the fork again. This time, Raimaa led them down the middle....

Then they would hit another fork, except this time a series of sounds would follow enough to cause Raimaa to blow out her light and press Rin against a wall. The sound seemed like it was coming from every direction. Unlike Raimaa, however, Rin did not close his eyes. He kept a close watch on their three options to see if anything would come of it...

If silence settled with absolutely no hesitation, Rin would poke Raimaa to turn the light back on and point towards the center path. It was the closest as it was the most straightforward path. So, they would get a move on in a hurry with Rin holding onto Raimaa's hand to drag her along... Unless she protested that they should go another direction. If silence did not come under any circumstances, Rin would remain pinned against the wall looking for their enemy, preparing to perform jutsu, whilst still gripping onto his kunai fervently prepared to attack.

Ideally though the two would be moving quickly down the center path in no time.

LAIKA OF THQ
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 14, 2020 21:39:17 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

TIME: 1:15PM

Outside the Mine:
Mako would take the blood pill and would take it without hesitation, it'd not matter if it was poison or not at this point. There was an equal chance blood lose would kill her, so perhaps poison and betrayal would of been the better way to go. She wasn't really in the best shape to help herself, so after taking the pill she'd use that arm to pseudo wrap an arm around Yumi. Clearly showing some discern to just letting the other girl help her.

However the mist kunoichi's attempt to simply balance an arm behind Yumi proved futile, as the two charged for the exit, it'd be clearly felt on Yumi's back the lost balance in Mako. She'd along with the enhanced blood production leave a decent trail for anyone to follow. Though holding the wound had only really helped so much, as the pressure seemed to only force more blood out at first.

Slipping off into the first bit of decent cover, it'd be both their ideas to investigate the wound. It was no light ordeal for sure, as the tear was much wider than the weapons blade. It was pretty clear from the bleeding that likely the entire spear tip drove into the sword wielding kunoichi. It torn from the wound caused a larger more rigid wound too. If Yumi didn't have and offer bandage, then Mako would go about ripping from her blouse to create a makeshift bandage. Keep pressure on the wound, it'd be sloppy if done by herself. She was clearly shaking from the shock of the wound.

Yumi attempting to keep watch would be wise, as it'd seem shortly after they'd get barring on the wound, as well as begin really patching it. One of those creatures from the bridge would appear, it'd climb out of the mines entrance. It's elongated limbs allowing it to seemingly take up the whole upper entrance, as it'd upside down squirrel out of the mine entrance. It's head looking left to right, a strange clicking sound being made from it's throat. Halting only to start whiffing the air through it's nostril heavily.

Inside the Mine:
Raimaa and Rin wouldn't have to wait to long before the peculiar sound would fade and leave them in silence, but Raimaa would still hesitate to turn the light back on. She'd wait a second longer, then flash the light, as to simply get a glimpse. Flashing it again to verify her sight, as well as pausing to see if they heard anything. She'd nod agreeing to go down the middle path, but she'd keep her light dim as she'd done earlier.

They'd travel down this path a good distance before reaching a room with many pillars, it'd be at the end of the room a silhouette could be seen. It'd mean their was light beyond what the girl with Rin was projecting it. However it'd also meant that something was down that way, it'd cause the girl to accidentally brighten the shine. A means to see what was going on ahead and it'd reveal one of the creatures from the bridge.

It'd have the upper half of a human body in it's arms, a mouth full of whoever's neck the dead body belonged to. The light seemed to cause it to turn it's gaze, as pale dead eyes looked the two of down. Raimaa's breathing heaving, as she'd slowly dim the light more and more. Stuck between the thought of turning it out or simply brightening it, as she'd be seemingly struggling at the aspect of fight or flight. Shifting mentally back and forth between the two options.

TEAMMATES

Genin 1:  

Genin 2: 

ENEMIES

CLUES FOUND

A Bridge with Bodies!

POSTING ROUND 15

last edit by Yoshiko on Feb 14, 2020 21:39:32 GMT -5
has written 684 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 15, 2020 17:43:47 GMT -5
Yumi Yuie
Yumi Yuie Avatar
groupnull

Letting out a small frown, Yumi watched as her teammate’s wound continuously bled. The tear was quite wide and as Mako tore her blouse to bandage it up, she wondered just how much it would help. She had sadly forgotten to pack any serious medical things, so the two kunoichi would have to deal with the bare minimum. It was a lack of foresight that she was surely regretting now.

Slipping out of her jacket quickly, Yumi wrapped it around the waist of Mako. Using the two snakelike extensions on her jacket, the young girl tightened it as hard as she could around her teammate. The initial pain would probably hurt, but if she didn’t tighten the jacket, the wound would only get worse in the long run.

The moment Yumi finished making sure her jacket was tightened correctly, another one of the creatures appeared out of the mine entrance. Releasing a strange clicking sound, the monster began to smell the air nearby. It was only when the young kunoichi turned around to examine the monster that she noticed something. Mako’s wound had left a blood trail! Even if the monster couldn’t smell Mako’s blood, all it would have to do if follow the trail that she had left behind. Narrowing her eyes in concentration, Yumi began to formulate a plan.

Judging from Mako’s shivering, her teammate was probably out of commission for the near future. Not only that, but Yumi would need to make sure she didn’t just die as well. She didn’t know how close the exit was, and it would be better to attempt to find it with two people rather than one. Therefore the first step of her plan would be to get Mako out of harm's way. Then she could deal with the monster tracking them.

Leaving the lantern next to the tree for the time being, Yumi would quickly seal away Ms. Cloud and replace her with Mr. Bubbles. She didn’t want to bring him out this early, but desperate times called for desperate measures. Having Mr. Bubbles scoop the two girls up with his arms, Yumi had her puppet jump to a tree filled with branches several feet away from the lantern. Once her puppet landed on a sturdy branch above the ground floor, she would have him deposit the two kunoichi gently on the branch. After this, she would squish her body next to Mako’s so the injured girl was between her and the trunk. This way the odds of her falling off the tree would be quite low. Yumi didn’t know if her teammate would suddenly faint due to the wound so it was better to be safe than sorry.

Once all of this was done, Yumi would have Mr. Bubbles jump back down to the forest floor with Ms. Webber on his shoulder. Moving her puppets to where the lantern was, the frail kunoichi had her puppets attempt to hide in the brush. Thanks to their dark colors, they should be able to blend in relatively well to their surroundings. They would also smell of wood, but some of Mako’s blood would’ve leaked onto Mr. Bubbles so there was a possibility the monster would smell her puppet before she could launch a surprise attack. She doubted it though, seeing as how there was a bigger pool of blood nearby. Hopefully the monster would be distracted by that so she could deal with it quickly. As the young girl waited for the monster to approach, she attempted to quiet her breathing. The next few minutes for her were going to be quite strenuous indeed.

Words. 603
Tags.
Notes

Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 15, 2020 18:01:35 GMT -5
Sato Rin
Sato Rin Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
There was finally silence and they would begin to wander further in. They would come upon a room, and before Rin could get so much as a good take in of the room. Raimaa's flickering light would accentuate a monster at the end of the narrowing place. But something behind it caught Rin's eye instead. The outline of an exit.

The light seemed to attract its attention however, and Rin didn't have much time to simply stare and do absolutely nothing. Instead he grabbed onto Raimaa's paper light and brought his hands down to dim it so that the monster could not potentially seem them. Next order of conduct was to whip around and behind a pillar to hide for the moment. Right after that he would attempt to distract the beast by using the kunai he was holding and throwing it to the opposite side of the room, maybe it would follow the bait? If it did, Rin would beck Raimaa to move along with him carefully but swiftly to the exit that he saw at the end of the room and power through the door as quickly as possible.

If it did not take the bait, then Rin would move nonetheless however instead he would bring chakra to his free hand in the form of a chakra scalpel. They would move with almost no light towards the entrance that could be seen using that as a guide, but not directly. He would lead them in a slight arc around the creature to best avoid it and head out of the entrance. If it did try something, Rin would use his free hand that had the chakra scalpel enabled on it to slice vital organs and bits of the body immediately. Of course, since these monsters seemed keen on consuming flesh and it went for the two of them with its mouth, Rin would be going for its neck to get a kill. If it tried to grab with its hands, then musculature there would be severed and useless. Rin seemed determined to make it out of the mine now especially now that he could see what was quite literally the light at the end of the tunnel.

LAIKA OF THQ

Potentially:
NAME: Chakura no Mesu - [Chakra Scalpel]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [Medical]
REQUIREMENT: Enhanced Chakra Control
ELEMENT: N/a
DESCRIPTION:
After forming the needed handseals, the ninja will focus chakra to his or her hands. When his or her charged hands reach the body of the target, the user can extend the chakra internally into the target's body to cut and neatly slice the target's muscles and blood vessels without harming the surface skin. This technique can be used in battle, but because of its hectic nature, the fine precision required for an instant kill is not feasible. Damage can still be done to the vital organs, but the technique should be used carefully in battle.

Kunai - x1 thrown
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 25, 2020 19:34:29 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

TIME: 1:20PM

Outside the Mine:
Trouble was the state of matters, as no one stood soundly in a position of knowledge or safety. The light would be killed inside the mine by Rin's action, but the creature would drop the corpse it munched upon. Slinking forward the little bit of light barely existing in the background would no longer highlight the monster. Instead Raimaa and Rin stood in an abyss of darkness almost, as only the most subtle sound of movement told them the creature was still ahead. They'd move to hide, but exactly what cover the pillar provided wasn't clear. It was by no means bigger than either shinobi, so both combined didn't have much chance.

Instead darkness was the only true cover of the two shinobi, a kunai thrown through the darkness was as likely to land the creature as anywhere else in the room. Luckily or unluckily enough it'd sound off against a wall, but there'd be no clear sign of whether it distracted or didn't. Instead the two would simply have to act without knowledge and with his instinct telling him to leave would guide their movement. They'd go around the room quickly as one could navigate nothingness and a bump against a pillar followed by a skitter of rocks proved neither could be perfectly silent without knowledge of the path.

Neither Rin nor Raimaa would trip and with speed as the initiative they'd find themselves outside the mine. Though there'd only be horror before them, as they weren't the first out nor alone in their exit.

Mako would watch carefully as Yumi helped her a look of baffled curiosity, but one which was drowned out by gasping breathes. Each hushed by her every will to continue surviving, but she'd be surprised as the focus of her fellow shinobi was simply herself. She'd be escorted up a tree with a new puppet of the puppeteers, but Mr.Bubbles wouldn't be able to make it back to the lantern in time. The creature outside the mine would whiff the air and scuttle over to where the two girls had been moments ago, it's tongue slinking across the ground lapping up stains of red.

However upon reaching the spot Mako had rested seconds ago, it'd meet not only the pool of blood left. It'd also be right where the puppets would be arriving. Instead of focusing on the two just landing though, it'd seemingly look straight to the lantern. Turning it's head in disgust and covering it's face with one arm, the creature would swing for the lantern. Launching the item straight into a nearby tree and destroying it in a roar of flame, as the oil spattered tree and bush alike. The creature would scream in recourse, it'd be in the tree line, but still in sight of both Raimaa and Rin.

Roaring flames and a screaming monster would be Raimaa and Rin's first thing heard and seen. It'd not be the last though, as barely moments after this creature scream so would the echo of another close by from within the cavern of the mine. And faint, but present more within the mine seemed to sound off. Potentially one more or two more, but it was just faint enough to create uncertainty. However it was also clear enough to be undeniable.

TEAMMATES

Genin 1:  

Genin 2: 

ENEMIES

CLUES FOUND

A Bridge with Bodies!

POSTING ROUND 15

has written 684 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 25, 2020 20:12:06 GMT -5
Yumi Yuie
Yumi Yuie Avatar
groupnull

Unfortunately for Yumi, the monster arrived before her puppets could finish setting up their ambush. Normally that would’ve been fine, but then the monster proceeded to do something completely unexpected. Such as slamming the lantern into the tree and setting the forest ablaze. With her face rapidly paling, Yumi attempted to come up with a new plan. Fighting the monster would now have to be a secondary goal with escaping being the first. Hiding wasn’t really viable anymore, seeing as how their surroundings would soon be engulfed by flames. The true problem in this situation was Mako. The monster below still needed to be dealt with, but the two girls would also need to move before the flames caught up to them. She would have to be quick with what she was about to do if she hoped to come out on top.

Aiming Ms. Webber’s abdomen towards the lit tree, Yumi had her puppet fire her last bubble bomb. While it wasn’t as good as water would’ve been, hopefully it would help in slowing the fire. She didn’t need it to put out the fire, but she needed her bubble bomb to give her enough time to deal with the monster roaming below her. As Ms. Webber dealt with the flames, Yumi had Mr. Bubbles dash towards the monster. Sending chakra through her strings, she enlarged her puppet’s claws to twice their usual size. Mr. Bubbles would then proceed to swipe at the creature’s legs and then arms in order to hinder its maneuverability. Since his claws were already sharp, them being bigger only made Mr. Bubbles more dangerous. All he needed to do was land his attacks, and the monster would be in for a world of hurt. Up in the trees, Yumi watched the battle with narrowed eyes, keeping the expanding flames within her vision. While the ongoing battle was important, she needed to make sure the flames didn’t trap her in the trees. There was just so much for her to deal with, and so little time. But she had gotten this far, and she would get through this!

Techs Used: 
NAME: Ningyō pātsu henkan [Puppet Part Transformation]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu (Puppetry)
ELEMENT: None
DESCRIPTION:
By utilizing this technique, a puppeteer is able to make parts of their puppets twice as large with their chakra. Once sufficiently damaged, the parts of the puppet will return back to its original size. However the part that is damaged will still retain the injuries sustained when it reverts back to the normal size.

Words. 353
Tags.
Notes

Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 26, 2020 0:27:38 GMT -5
Sato Rin
Sato Rin Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Out, after a slightly clumsy trek through the dark, they were out of the cave, the mine. Whatever it was. He inhaled air, but managed it only briefly for eyes would meet with a horrific scene. A monster, and a forest on fire. What ha- there were puppets. Yumi was here! Perhaps she had Mako? Perhaps not. It was hard to tell. And no time to discuss or decide as a scream was heard from behind. He moved forward grabbing onto Raimaa's hand as before and dragging her.

"Run." He would murmur and try to take her up to speed, avoiding the fire and getting out of the way of the mine. The only thing on his mind was to get away from this place, although there was a blood trail and he was wondering why there was one. Yumi? Was she hurt?

No. He couldn't concentrate on that quite yet, he had to move and get them out of here. His immediate safety and his current partners were a bit more important.

Though the fire and the reaction of the creature did give him thought about the letter from before.

Not doubting the light. The fire was light, perhaps light irritated those creatures?

More importantly, fearing the dawn. If dawn came they were toast, he figured... Which meant even more time to run and get out of dodge. There was a lot of chaos and noise going on and Rin wasn't sticking around currently. He was making a bee-line straight for what was the furthest arc around the fire and away from any incoming monsters. His senses were highly tuned in now, onto any noise that was not his own or Raimaa's, making specific movements to avoid potential enemies if he heard them or any little creak of branches. He wouldn't take chances. He had come oh so far already, he wanted out. He wanted to get through this. He was going to get through this.

So, he picked a rather straightforward direction - after making that crescent maneuver around creature, fire and probably Yumi - and started to run and drag Raimaa along as fast as he could. If she could not keep up with his enhanced speed, then he would pull her onto his back and continue forward expecting her to hold on for her dear life. He couldn't be doing all the heavy lifting, after all.

LAIKA OF THQ

Special Ability #4
Enhanced Speed
It has been an exceptionally long road in enhancing his own speed, but through rigorous training Rin is now utilizing his size to its absolute maximum. He is a considerable amount faster than the average genin (especially ones without that have not trained their speed from the start) and is able to go toe-to-toe with chuunin and advanced genin who are not specialized in taijutsu or have not honed this part of their training. His movements for the most common of foes - at his level - are hard to keep up with and Rin would not have it any other way.
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 27, 2020 19:29:51 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

TIME: 1:22PM

Outside the Mine:
Combat would now ensue, as the first blow was aimed at the fire. It'd momentarily jar the creature, as well as temper the fire. However it'd not stop the fire and it'd all the more get the monster to give a split attention. It wasn't enough to outright avoid the attack of the puppet. However the puppets successive strikes wouldn't succeed. Instead the first blow would damage the creatures leg, but now with pain and attention it'd attack.

A first blow would be enough to crack even the sturdy would and bend the metal of the puppets body. It'd follow it's strike with multiple lashes of both it's arms, chipping the claws and breaking their ninjutsu enhancement. Quickly following with an attempted bite at the puppet, as it'd get nothing desirable in fang. It'd swipe with another powerful blow. It wouldn't be alone fighting long though, as another creature pounced from the mine.

The second creature though would land closer to the fire and in a fury tear apart the nearby brush. It'd be kicking up dust and dirt and seemingly more interested in the fire than the puppet. A sound of tree branches cracking in the near distance, as it'd be possible another was approaching from the trees. Chaos fully grown into the immediate area of the puppet, but chaos was a cover all of it's own.

Through the cover of chaos Rin and Raimaa would be able to dart around the action unnoticed it'd seem. Raimaa wouldn't be able to keep up with Rin, but carrying her on his back wasn't as successful as Rin probably imagined. The genin was more than willing to hold onto Rin and get her free ride, but the boys speed would wither from the extra weight of someone the same size. Perhaps faster than her pace, but no where near as fast as what he'd trained.

The added weight would make moving softly impossible and with the cracking of bark or forest ground, it'd cause eyes to shift to their location and focus upon them. Clenching the tree next to them the eyes would follow the two, as their free hand would quickly grasp Yumi. It was Mako who'd seen them and giving the puppeteer a slight shake to catch her attention, Mako would point out the other two genin fleeing around them. "We should catch up to them." She'd whisper to Yumi as she pondered what things they might of learned. They could know the exit.

TEAMMATES

Genin 1:  

Genin 2: 

ENEMIES

CLUES FOUND

A Bridge with Bodies!

POSTING ROUND 15

[/quote]
has written 684 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 27, 2020 20:49:38 GMT -5
Yumi Yuie
Yumi Yuie Avatar
groupnull

Although Mr. Bubbles succeeded in damaging the monster’s legs, he also took some damage in turn. The damage he received was enough to cancel out her ninjutsu, transforming her puppet’s claws back into their base form. Sensing another creature nearby, Yumi quickly surveyed her surroundings once more. If she had to sum it up in one word, she would probably choose chaos. A fire here, an enemy there, blood leaking onto her clothes, the area getting hotter and so on. There was quite a bit going on. But before she could think any further on her predicament, she felt a slight shake behind her. Turning her head towards her teammate, Yumi watched Mako as she pointed toward her other two teammates. Giving Mako a small nod, the young puppeteer wracked her brain on what to do next.

Yanking Ms. Webber back towards her and resealing her puppet, Yumi had Mr. Bubbles attempt to kick the monster several feet away and then release a stream of bubbles that would hinder sight in the nearby area. It also made the floor slippery, but with the expanding flames, the floor wouldn’t stay in that state for much longer. Once this was done, she would have Mr. Bubbles jump back towards her tree and open up its rib cage.

"Come inside here with me Mako, it's safer and quicker.”

Heading inside her puppet first, Yumi would spread open her limbs so Mako could crawl inside with her. It would be a tight squeeze thanks to the two’s size, but thanks to the padding installed, it wouldn’t be too bad. Once Mako was inside with her, the rib cage would close around the two, surrounding them in darkness. Closing her eyes and sending her chakra to her puppet, Yumi scanned the area through her puppet’s eyes to look for where her other two teammates had fled. Once she had their direction, she would charge towards them as fast as she could, forgoing stealth for speed. Normally stealth would be nice, but not right now. She needed to escape the immediate area first, and then she’d be able to worry about the noise she was making. She had injured the monster's leg that was below her, so hopefully it wouldn't be able to chase them. Only time would tell. 

As Mr. Bubbles leaped through the treetops, Yumi scanned the area carefully to make sure she didn’t run into any surprises. While being inside her puppet certainly made things safer, it came with a catch. If her puppet’s chest received severe damage, so would the occupants inside. And that was something she didn’t want to happen. 

---
Techs Used: 
NAME: Papettobijon [Puppet Vision]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu (Puppetry)
ELEMENT: None
DESCRIPTION:
By closing their eyes and concentrating on their chakra strings, a puppeteer is able to look through the eyes of one of their puppets, assuming their puppet has eyes. This effect lasts as long as the puppeteer's strings are connected to their puppet and they have their eyes closed. This technique allows the puppeteer to scout around by using their puppets and to also help them see if they are hidden inside their puppet. The vision from the puppet is relatively the same as normal vision but with slightly reduced color.

Words. 439
Tags
Notes

Round Two: Dead By DaylightFeb 27, 2020 21:29:55 GMT -5
Sato Rin
Sato Rin Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Rin wasn't an idiot, of course, he knew that when he offered a spot on his back that his speed would take a bit of a hit. But, he was still relatively fast even with someone his back. Because piggyback riding did not hinder his movements overall. So, whilst it was a bit of a bother that he was slower it wasn't that much of a bother. He kept moving forward away from the fire with only one thought in mind and that was to get out of the forest at whatever cost. That, and he had no intentions to stick around the chaos. The fire, the monsters, it was a death trap if one stuck around long enough. He kept his stealth to a maximum, finding a general medium between maintaining his speed and softening his footfalls enough that they could be confused for other ambient noise in the forest.

It was only a decent bit out of the way of the danger of the fire and potential monsters by the mine and in that area, in general, did he notice the slight thunking or rustling from behind. He couldn't quite tell if it was a monster, but he didn't stop only looked behind himself briefly - after he made sure that the path in front was clear of any obstacles he might trip over - and noticed... Was that a puppet?

"Can you see who that is behind us? I can't tell if that's Yumi or... something else." He murmured to Raimaa turning his head slightly to do so, his whisper with the speed wouldn't carry hopefully to anyone but her and on they moved. He didn't have the time to slow down currently, he didn't want to slow down in all honesty. In his head, the faster he got ahead and hope to whatever exit there was the better.

He had not yet forgotten - they were looking for a gatehouse and he would not fail in the task to do so.

LAIKA OF THQ