Round Two: Dead By Daylight

fallen blades
Round Two: Dead By DaylightMar 10, 2020 20:12:04 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Space is just a word for those afraid to get close.
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
age birthday rank occupation

TIME: 1:30PM
(If you guys split up for whatever reason I will write two separate paragraphs.)

Outside the Mine:
Focused on the path ahead and moving as quickly as possible, Rin and Raimaa would be noticing Mr.Bubbles after Yumi noticed them. It'd be harder for the puppeteer to exactly keep up with the two shinobi, despite being in a larger puppet to extend it's leaps. The puppet had to account for Mako, Yumi and it's own weight. More so Yumi had to use her chakra to force all of them to keep up, but in doing so neither party was truly quiet at this point. A shinobi could only mitigate so much weight from creating sound, so with two on one pair of feet it'd prove impossible.

It'd possibly be apparent to Raimaa, as she'd look back in slight horror. Mr.Bubbles wasn't revealed to her or Rin, it really didn't look like a puppet as much as a creature. Especially in the low light of the dark forest, "It's definitely not Yumi, but it's definitely following us. We should hide." Raimaa would state not only feeling like they might not be able to out run the creature, but not wanting to continue being forced to keep the males pace. He was ultimately tiring himself out, as even the slow pace through the mine neither of them had rested.

Stamina would start being in everyone's question.

*Due to nature of situation and chase, I request you two swap who posts first.*

*Future note; Mr.Bubbles seems to specify room for only one shinobi, as I've taken too long to get to this post, I'd rather not make you change it this thread. However in the future try to keep in mind the written storage capabilities of your puppet, as this would almost certainly be impossible to pull off.*
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

TEAMMATES

Genin 1:  

NAME: Fujiyaku Raimaa
Village: Kumogakure no Sato
Personality: First impressions: Shy and unassuming. Raimaa brings thought to the team but otherwise fails to inspire leadership. You have yet to work out fully her entire personality.
Specs: Genjutsu Sole?
Pointers: Upon searching the house, Raimaa has revealed she has an intelligent streak and is capable of thinking outside the box.

Genin 2: 

NAME: Girata Mako
Village: Kirigakure no Sato
Personality: First impressions: A little defensive. Mako isn't entirely forthcoming with information about herself. She just wants to get out of the forest as quick as possible. You have yet to work out fully her entire personality. 
Specs: Ninjutsu Primary | Bukijutsu Secondary
Pointers: Mako is good at being quiet when the need suits her, stealth seems to be one of her fortes...

ENEMIES

NAME: Creature from the Trees
ABILITIES: ???

CLUES FOUND

The man at the gate told you to find your first clue north-west of the starting point.
The team have come across an old, abandoned house.
Yumie found an old journal.
The journal indicates two paths to take: the bridge over the river to the mine, or the path through the woods to the lake. 
Mako is missing. There was a loud bang.
The team have discovered a shape in the forest that went in the direction of the bang.
Something or Something(s) lurk in the trees
A Bridge with Bodies!
Raimaa is missing to everyone, but Yumi has stumbled upon Mako once again ahead of the group in a mine entrance.

Information will change in the spoiler in some rounds, so pay attention to the spoiler box on each post in case it changes.

POSTING ROUND 15

Posting time limit: 48 hours

has written 684 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightMar 10, 2020 20:29:29 GMT -5
Sato Rin
"When I fall, I will get up every time."
Sato Rin Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday June 10, 1006 rank Jounin occupation Operations Team 1 (Leader)
CURIOSITY BECOMES A HEAVY LOAD, TOO HEAVY TO HOLD, TOO HEAVY TO HOLD...
Rin noted what Raimaa said and would agree to her request. Swerving off to the right to hide behind a tree he would take pause. There was no way to know what was following them but he would pull out another kunai and waited with Raimaa behind the tree. They needed to move, and he was certainly becoming tired but he wasn't ready to give up yet. In truth, there was no point in lingering here for very long. So, if the coast turned out to be clear Rin would urge Raimaa to continue on. Now that they were out of the way of the commotion near the mine it was best that whilst they did keep moving - and quickly - that they would start to move quietly once more.

However, if it turned out that whatever was pursuing them was in fact a monster it might come down to a fight... Or it could very well be Yumi's puppet, which would mean they could rejoin forces for the time being. Until the end, he hoped. They really needed to get out of the forest as time was ticking and there was little to no time left. At least in Rin's mind, and he was determined to reach the exit that was mentioned by the man at the beginning of this whole thing.

"The note in the mine," He whispered trying to think on it again. "It has to mean something, right? It looked placed there as a clue..." Although it could have very well been placed there to also lead them astray. But with so very few clues already in the forest, as it were, it would make sense if it was not there to lead them astray. If only they could figure out what it all meant. For now, it was just a lot of close proximity whispering whilst hiding up against the base of a large tree.

LAIKA OF THQ
Han has written 1,470 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightMar 11, 2020 3:22:17 GMT -5
Yumi Yuie
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yumi Yuie Avatar
groupnull
age 14 years old birthday July 8th rank Chuunin occupation

Yumi was slowly catching up to her missing teammates before they suddenly vanished a decent distance away from her. Approaching the point at where they disappeared, Yumi surveyed the nearby area. Opening her puppets chest slightly, the young puppeteer leaned her head out and spoke.

"Are you there Rin?”

If she didn’t receive a response, Yumi would close the hatch and continue onward in the direction the group had been going in previously. If she did get a response however, she would tell Rin of Mako’s situation and ask if he had anything to help. All while keeping an eye on their surroundings in case more monsters showed up. She had been quite loud in her travels and she hadn’t traveled that far of a distance yet, so the odds of enemies appearing were quite high. Still, they would be easier to fight off now that the group was together, or so she hoped.

Words. 154
Tags.
Notes

Template by Kuroya of THQ & GS.

Wynne has written 161 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightMar 12, 2020 19:43:51 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

TIME: 1:30PM
(If you guys split up for whatever reason I will write two separate paragraphs.)

Outside the Mine:
Raimaa let down would move a short distance from Rin, as to have her own cover and have a different perspective. One she could watch over him, have him watch over her and both of them cover any area of entry. She'd wait for whatever was chasing them to pass, but it didn't instead it'd of caught up to them. Not quite in their site, so when the voice came out as Yumi's it'd perhaps be jarring. Raimaa wouldn't speak out about it, she'd actually shake her head side to side. As if to signal to not alert Yumi of their presence or perhaps she feared the monster could mimic voices. She certainly looked scared.

Cramped in the puppet Mako would lean over Yumi, as to lightly gasp for air and try to get a visual of things as well. "I think this is a little close for my comfort, I might just be ready to die..." She'd whisper as to both joke and lighten the situation, but also to make it very clear she wasn't comfortable smothered up against the other girl.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

TEAMMATES

Genin 1:  

Personality: First impressions: Shy and unassuming. Raimaa brings thought to the team but otherwise fails to inspire leadership. You have yet to work out fully her entire personality.
Pointers: Upon searching the house, Raimaa has revealed she has an intelligent streak and is capable of thinking outside the box.

Genin 2: 

Personality: First impressions: A little defensive. Mako isn't entirely forthcoming with information about herself. She just wants to get out of the forest as quick as possible. You have yet to work out fully her entire personality. 
Pointers: Mako is good at being quiet when the need suits her, stealth seems to be one of her fortes...

ENEMIES

CLUES FOUND

The man at the gate told you to find your first clue north-west of the starting point.
The journal indicates two paths to take: the bridge over the river to the mine, or the path through the woods to the lake. 
The team have discovered a shape in the forest that went in the direction of the bang.
A Bridge with Bodies!
Raimaa is missing to everyone, but Yumi has stumbled upon Mako once again ahead of the group in a mine entrance.

Information will change in the spoiler in some rounds, so pay attention to the spoiler box on each post in case it changes.

POSTING ROUND 15

has written 684 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightMar 12, 2020 19:58:11 GMT -5
Sato Rin
Sato Rin Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday June 10, 1006 rank Jounin occupation Operations Team 1 (Leader)
He heard Yumi's voice whilst they hid behind two different trees, waiting for whatever it was to pass. Rin would look out from behind his hiding spot. What he saw was not a monster, or at least he was convinced it was not as he could tell from the familiarity of the build... It appeared very much like one of Yumi's puppets. He wasn't sure how she was speaking but he just to make sure that it was Yumi would speak.

"Right here." But, he remained hidden behind the tree to see if the girl would follow the sound of his voice in the puppet or if she would make herself known immediately. Of course, if she were out of the puppet it would make things a little less tense and frankly speaking made him nervous. He was convinced that a monster would pop out somewhere and this made him grip his kunai even tighter.

Rin was getting tired, he wasn't a stamina beast, he had not used a lot of chakra throughout this whole affair though so it made things easier to deal with. Nonetheless, he was hungry to get out of the forest. Slowly he would inhale and hope for the best. That it was Yumi coming to them... All the while, he continued on thinking through the words he had read alongside Raimaa in the mine. He had not yet seen anything indicative of the poem but he hoped it would be useful soon.

LAIKA OF THQ
Round Two: Dead By DaylightMar 13, 2020 0:26:36 GMT -5
Yumi Yuie
Yumi Yuie Avatar
groupnull

It only took Yumi a few moments of waiting before she got a response from Rin. Or at least someone that sounded like him. The monsters didn’t seem to have the ability to mimic the voice of others, so she was pretty sure it was her teammate. Still, she couldn’t be too sure seeing as how all she had to go on was a disembodied voice. Normally she would like to be more careful, but with Mako this injured, she had to throw some caution to the wind.

Slipping out of Mr. Bubbles, Yumi nodded towards Mako before heading off in the direction of the voice with her puppet in tow. Once she reached the spot, the young kunoichi would look around warily. When she passed the tree, would she see her teammates, or would she instead see a monster masquerading as them? There was only one way to find out, and each option would have drastically different effects. Hopefully she had made the right choice.

Words. 166
Tags.
Notes

Round Two: Dead By DaylightMar 15, 2020 19:30:31 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

TIME: 1:35PM

Outside the Mine:
Re-united at last Raimaa cowers at her tree, keeping relatively behind Rin. She doesn't seem to sure or trusting, especially as Mako makes her way out of Yumi's puppet. Mako injured and all it was hard to say they re-united out of good will or desperation. Mako in her usual nature would scan the group distrustingly, though her look was far more tired and weak. It might of been a little meaner in nature, but any of that nature was lost with the blood loss.

Nothing presented itself immediately, but at the very least it'd seem the fire wasn't quickly spreading. As at this range of retreat the light of it had been lost due to tree cover. What would the group do now?

TEAMMATES

Genin 1:  

Genin 2: 

ENEMIES

CLUES FOUND

A Bridge with Bodies!

POSTING ROUND 15

has written 684 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightMar 15, 2020 20:58:12 GMT -5
Sato Rin
Sato Rin Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Rin would poke his head from behind the tree, and his gaze would meet with Yumi and soon after Mako, who was crawling out of the puppet. She didn't look good. She was pale, and after some searching, he saw blood. Eyes widened, he glanced to Yumi for a moment as if for brief validation that Mako did in fact need help. At least the fire in the back was not traveling quick. Which meant they had time. Rin approached Mako, moving past Yumi. He did so politely and not abrasively he didn't want Mako he was going to hurt her.

"I need to see your wound, I can help." He explained, and if Mako allowed it he would settle her down to the ground and begin his work, hastily but carefully. It wouldn't be much work, her wound was deep but it wasn't unmanageable and - assuming he had been notified - with the fact that she had taken a blood pill he could easily get to stop bleeding and remain standing until the end. Might as well cross the finish line together at this point.

So, firstly Rin would cauterize the wound. After which he would use the nearby tree bark to turn it all into bandages. Enough bandages to cover Mako's wound. This would keep her from getting infected, and from continuing on bleeding since the bandages he made stuck on on their own and were sterile naturally.

Once that was all said and done he would step away, and help Mako out if she needed it. Then look towards the rest of the team.

"Let's keep going the way we were going, we don't have any idea where to go anyway and it's a good direction to keep moving away from the fire." He hoped the rest of the group agreed, but he would start moving if they - or at least Yumi - did.

LAIKA OF THQ

NAME: Shōshaku no jutsu [Cauterizing Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [Medical]
REQUIREMENT: Enhanced Chakra Control SA
ELEMENT: --
DESCRIPTION:
A simple medic jutsu that needs little chakra, but some modicum of control. The user will gather concentrated chakra in the palm of their hand until the blue hue of chakra can be seen. Then, it will place the hand upon the wound and forcefully cauterize it.

NAME: Gantai no Jutsu [Bandage Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [Medical]
ELEMENT: N/A
DESCRIPTION:
The user pushes chakra into a substance such as clothes, paper, bone, or stone. Thereby forming it into an adhesive, sterile strip that’s reminiscent of a bandage. Once formed and applied, the makeshift bandage will remain without the need of extensive chakra input.

last edit by Sato Rin on Mar 15, 2020 20:59:26 GMT -5
Round Two: Dead By DaylightMar 15, 2020 21:11:52 GMT -5
Yumi Yuie
Yumi Yuie Avatar
groupnull

As Mako made her way out of Mr. Bubbles and towards the group, Yumi turned her attention to the surroundings. Assuming her teammate accepted the help, the group would need to be guarded while she received medical attention. Scaling a nearby tree and positioning Mr. Bubbles between her team and the way they came, the young kunoichi kept an eye out for any strange noises or sightings. Getting Mako help was a necessity, but if an enemy interrupted, the group would be in for a bad time. It already took them this long to group up, and if they separated again, the odds of them finding each other wasn’t looking very good.

Once the situation with Mako was done, Yumi would let out a hum of agreement in response to Rin’s statement. It was better to get away from the monsters as quickly as possible and then figure out the rest of their plan. If Mako wasn’t able to move as quickly as the rest of the group, Yumi would suggest that she stay inside Mr. Bubbles once more. Similar to what they did last time except Yumi would stay outside, giving the injured girl more space. If Mako agreed, she would follow Rin from the treetops while Mr. Bubbles followed from the ground.

Words. 214
Tags.
Notes

last edit by Yumi Yuie on Mar 15, 2020 21:12:33 GMT -5
Round Two: Dead By DaylightMar 20, 2020 18:24:16 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

TIME: 3:05PM

Forest to Village:
Mako wouldn't or more than likely couldn't deny the medical assistance given. It'd be a trying period, as the actions couldn'thelp bringing painful groans to Mako. After it she'd request another blood pill, so long as it was provided she seemed to be ready on her feet.

A sound of trouble would likely hurry the group. As two creatures would approachthe group. Luckily Rins desire to continue northeast would keep them moving away from the beast.

Upon a short and quick travel they'd find themselves outside a walled in village. It was small and abandoned, at least abandoned by people. It'd seem the creatures fancied the place as two were visible atop the largest buildings. A church in the back of the village and a town center in the middle.

The houses were mostly dilapidated at this time and skeletons decorated walls and rough tops. As though these creatures turned the place into a nest of sorts. Due to stone roads and scattered weak wood traveling in with mister bubbles would be impossible. Going around the village seemed possible, but not without back tracking or risking high density woods.

TEAMMATES

Genin 1:  

Genin 2: 

ENEMIES

CLUES FOUND

A Bridge with Bodies!

POSTING ROUND 15

has written 684 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightMar 20, 2020 19:27:33 GMT -5
Sato Rin
Sato Rin Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Rin did hand the girl another blood pill so that she could replenish whatever blood was lost in the travels. This would leave her far better off. She was no longer openly bleeding, was not at risk for an infection, and was nicely bandaged to keep herself safe from further wear and tear. She would certainly be quite tender and sore, but not incapable of moving on her own and if she needed any help Rin would offer a hand here and there. Otherwise, they would start traveling, quickly.

They traveled for a while before they came upon a village of sorts. Rin was quite tired by now, but the adrenaline was keeping him moving through this without desiring a single inkling of sleep. It was the adrenaline alone though that was moving him. He remained quite vigilant though, so once they came upon the village he would halt and look. Surveying their options. There was a tall building - like a church - in the distance that one could see, the wall was tall but not super tall. Tall enough that they could not simply see everything in town, but not tall enough that they could not see a lot inside including the building and town square.

But, there were monsters. On the roof of the church, which meant there were others inside most likely.

Rin wanted to check the church out, but moving right through the center seemed like a bad idea. He turned to the group now to quickly discuss.

"We should go around the edge inside the walls, or at least on the walls. Use stealth as much as possible and try to find some clue hotspots." He whispered they couldn't turn back knowing how hot the monsters from before were on their heels - hot enough that they had heard a sound when Rin had been healing Mako. Which meant continuing forward. There had to be something here and he wanted to get through this in one piece. Perhaps they could use the wall as a means of travel or escape if they were seen or pursued by the monsters inside.

"Anyone who wants to sneak around come with me, if you'd rather I go alone to check it out, I can." There was a heavy feeling in his stomach that he might be left alone, but he knew that one person inspecting was quieter than multiple. Either way, he did not wait for a response only expected that the crew would fall in as they desired and he himself would begin his extremely quiet entrance into the village; this would only garner a pause before he would jump to the top of the surrounding wall, crouched and begin to move, barely breathing, not speaking, stepping lightly and making sure to hide on the outer side of the village wall so that he would be hidden, if he saw absolutely anything that could spell trouble. But, the whole time he also kept vigilantly aware of something he could suspect as a clue or anything that should be checked out. The wall, for now, would be the best way to get a look of the village, whilst having a quick way to hide.

LAIKA OF THQ
Round Two: Dead By DaylightMar 20, 2020 20:06:01 GMT -5
Yumi Yuie
Yumi Yuie Avatar
groupnull

After Mako received some medical help, the group continued onwards. Once the group traveled a good bit to the northeast, they happened upon a village with two monsters perched as sentries. Once Yumi finished surveying the area, she tilted her head as Rin began to speak.

It seemed he wanted to explore the village as quickly and silently as possible. Going around the village would have taken too long seeing as how they currently had monsters on their tail. Maybe if they weren’t being chased then backtracking could have been a viable option. But seeing as how it wasn’t, into the village it was.

Sealing her puppets away silently, Yumi debated on which puppet to bring with her. Seeing as how there were various pieces of rubble strewn about on the ground, she wouldn’t be able to bring in her bigger puppets unless she did away with her stealth. And seeing as how the village was infested with monsters, that was something she didn’t particularly want to do. Reaching into her bag, the young puppeteer quietly unsealed Mr. Shadow before following Rin into the village. Her crow puppet was good for scouting purposes, and since it was currently dark, he would be quite hard to spot if any of the monster looked his way.

Letting Mr. Shadow perch on her shoulder for now, Yumi scaled the wall quietly after Rin, making sure to follow his movements. If one of them messed up with their sneaking, everyone suffered. Therefore she would need to make sure to be very careful with any of her future movements. As she crouched quietly next to Rin, Yumi sent out Mr. Shadow to scout for anything interesting in the village. Closing her eyes and concentrating on her chakra strings, the young kunoichi tried to make sense of what she was seeing through her puppet's eyes. She had noticed a church and a town center earlier, so she was curious if her puppet would be able to see anything intriguing from in the air. Not only that, but she might even be able to spot more monsters that the group hadn’t seen before.

Words. 356
Tags
Notes

Round Two: Dead By DaylightApr 5, 2020 14:31:07 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

TIME: 3:05PM

Village:
Mako would nod in agreement towards Rin's plan, it didn't sound like a bad plan. There'd likely be another entrance to the vilage, so that'd be where the next path on would lie. Sticking to the edge of the town would keep the wall to their side and create only a few directions for them to be jumped. She doubted anymore people were about the village, so avoiding the beasts to her and possibly Yumi would seem easy. Neither had explained their discovery of the poor vision, but unsure if that was intentional Mako kept it to herself as well.

Raimaa on the other hand didn't let the group just proceed with the plan. "Uhm... I have a thought..." She'd murmur quietly almost aimed more at Rin than the group, as she'd sort of keep her distance from the other two best she could. "We don't know where we're going so we should try to get a map. I bet the town center has one or more, it'd be the most likely to have clues placed too." It would mean the group would have to risk a less safe path, but she wasn't wrong in her assessment. The clue gotten earlier wasn't much help, but the town center could have a clarifying note.

There was a chance they'd missed a second map, but the last clues were both about halfway through their respective maps. So if things were to follow suit the final clue would certainly be in the village. A town center was typically the storage spot of important information. It could even be testing their infiltration abilities. Mako wouldn't say anything, but she would glare daggers at Raimaa. Trust wasn't too present in either it'd seem, but Mako with an injury was probably worst off for an encounter of any kind.

Does Rin lead them down his original plan or do they head out for the town center instead? Mako and Raimaa at this point would follow either route without further interruption. Raimaa taking the rear of the group, Mako more or less to Yumi's side and all likely following Rin who'd chosen to head this movement.

TEAMMATES

Genin 1:  

Genin 2: 

ENEMIES

CLUES FOUND

A Bridge with Bodies!

POSTING ROUND 15

has written 684 posts
Round Two: Dead By DaylightApr 5, 2020 14:54:30 GMT -5
Sato Rin
Sato Rin Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Rin was about to walk when Raimaa stopped them and spoke. There was merit to her words and for Rin she had proven herself to be relatively intelligent and trustworthy having more or less gotten them out of the mines without a hiccup. He would linger considering her words. He was about to walk but then nodded. But the center of town could be reached using the sides of the walls for now. They didn’t need to cut right into the center with a dangerous path.

So he would lead the way now once more, just as before, along the walls until they got about towards the center then he would come down from the wall in silence and begin to use the shadows of the walls of buildings to move towards the true center of town. He hoped the rest of the group was coming along as well. He still had his kunai out just in case he needed it for defense. Thus far it wasn’t highly necessary, and he wanted to keep it that way and being at the front of the line wasn’t ideal since he would be the first to fight. But the rest of the group was not doing as well, so it only made sense that he head.

LAIKA OF THQ
Round Two: Dead By DaylightApr 5, 2020 16:12:00 GMT -5
Yumi Yuie
Yumi Yuie Avatar
groupnull

Before the group could continue, Raima interrupted with her own thoughts. She wanted to see if there was a map in the town center. And although it would be more dangerous, it might also be more rewarding if they found what they were looking for. Since Yumi didn’t care strongly either way, she waited to see what Rin chose. Then she would be able to plan accordingly.

After a few moments of thought, Rin decided to head to the town center. The group scaled the walls until they were relatively close to the center before sliding down into the darkness. Pocketing her puppet, the young kunoichi attempted to move as silently as possible. Getting noticed wouldn’t be good, so she was trying her best to avoid any situation where that wouldn’t be the case. As they continued further towards the town center, Yumi kept an eye out for any of the monsters or for anything suspicious. Who knew what they would find down here?

Words. 164
Tags.
Notes