Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]

compose a reply
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Aug 19, 2020 6:57:20 GMT -5
Ōnakayama Miyo
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ōnakayama Miyo Avatar
groupnull
age Twenty years old birthday March 19 rank Genin occupation ANBU Operative
Tag:
Title: Some Things are Thicker than Blood; A Sibling’s Farewell!
Hex: c24e4e
Summary: Miyo tries to come up with a few ways that Fudo could be a guilty party, while also making it clear he is merely a circumstantial suspect, and not even a particularly good one!

Ōnakayama Miyo

The Mercurial Maiden of Sunagakure

Miyo kept stride with Arashi as the two left. Between the two of them, if something did go wrong, they’d likely be able to handle an individual like Fudo, but for now, Miyo was unsure if he was really the proper suspect or just a red herring. It was almost like it was too easy, and the evidence far too circumstantial – and Arashi did make a good point about a lack of a blatant motive.

"Well, it may be best to not think of it as though he is a bookkeeper, but basically anything else. We know that is his job, but what does he do during his freetime? Eisaku mentioned nothing of that – granted, we didn’t ask him, either.” Miyo considered that for a moment, thinking it may have been better to ask a few more questions so when they found Fudo they had some ammunition to start questioning with. "Either way, we currently do not know much about Fudo, nor about the shipment. There is a chance that being a bookkeeper he may have been handling transportation records in a clerical capacity and came across something worth putting himself at risk for, and even killing for.

Miyo pinched at the bridge of her nose as she ran the possibilities. "So many options, so… many ways to go about this.” She glances over at Arashi just in time to see her cross her arms and question her about the diplomatic interjection earlier.

"W-what? You were being a little harsh on him.” She fidgets slightly and looks off to the side as if trying to avoid the conflict. "Besides, if you keep crossing your arms all the time I am going to start thinking you need a hug!

She tried to turn the tables on Arashi by lightly teasing her with that last bit.

Temp by Ai Made Just for Fair ♥

Fairemont has written 371 posts
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Aug 19, 2020 11:51:14 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell

TAG.

WORDS. 200

NOTES.

"Funny..."

A released breath would escape from the young teen's lips, soon allowing her gaze to close off as she began to speak again.

"Anyway...its too late for us to go back and ask..maybe we'll find something inside of his room...if he isn't there..."

Fudo was still a mystery to the two, and perhaps asking more about the character of this person would have been a more valuable thing to have for such an encounter. All they had to go on was that he was in charge of historical documentation keeping and that he was part of a long line of people doing the same thing. It was likely out of duty, but perhaps even passion was part of it too. Still, she couldn't see herself in such a role for the rest of her life, and she loved history to the point of being a fanatic.

But then, to each their own right?

Before long, the two would enter into the building, her eyes resting upon the directory as it would easily show the location of the young man's quarters. In moments they were outside of his door, and came to find it open just a tad. Out of place, but nothing that would be too weird since they were unaware of his character. Though if that wasn't out of the ordinary, what they came upon when they entered would at least set off a few bells for Arashi.

"This place is a mess..."

Scattered papers seemed to litter the floor, unorganized and out of place. There were bags upon bags of what looked like sand, leading over to a desk that had test samples of different minerals in vials and placement of testing equipment.

"For a guy that's charged with keepin things in order..his home life is shit..."

Arashi would move in further, her eyes narrowed as she placed one hand into her pocket, allowing for the other to reach out take up one of the pieces of paper that sat upon his desk.

They were clearly notes, attempts at making some kind of compound...the one element that seemed to repeat itself was Au.

"Au....gold?.."

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kaze has written 2,713 posts
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Aug 20, 2020 7:12:30 GMT -5
Ōnakayama Miyo
Ōnakayama Miyo Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Summary: Miyo’s thoughts on the apartment are purely speculative, but they don’t have much to go on, yet!

Ōnakayama Miyo

Miyo was not too concerned about questioning Eisaku further, as she did not believe that he would be a valuable font of information in this case. Being he had barely pointed them in the direction of Fudo and had been hesitant to divulge further information, and even insisted that he was a good person, merely a possible suspect, led Miyo to believe that he would be a dead end for inquiry. It was better to proceed to the suspect, himself.

After making their way to Fudo’s quarters, Miyo follows Arashi inside. "I’ve always found that people can surprise us. One’s home can be a mess, or at least organized chaos, and our place of work an immaculate shrine to order. However…

Miyo wanders over and looks at one of the bags of sand before making her way towards the testing equipment. "Gold? There is a lot of material here, so either this guy is trying to sift gold dust from sand to make some cash on the side or he has an interest in alchemy. At least, that would be my guess.

She lets out a sigh. There is a lot of stuff there, for sure, but it is also very inconclusive for the time being. "The fact that the door was open means he either left in a hurry, left with someone – and not intentionally – or someone else was here. Unless he wanders back in on his own in the next few minutes, we’re going to need a clue.

Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Aug 20, 2020 9:25:55 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 200

NOTES.

Arashi would release a breath as the thought of him trying to find gold within the desert wasn't outside of anything unusual. There were some traces of it all over the place, but in small amounts within the dust. Of course, the value was nothing unless it was within a solid piece. Still, it could also be that the second theory, alchemy, was perhaps his intention as well. There was still no real evidence to decide just where his motivations were outside of his duties to the clan.

"If I had an idea of his scent, I could tell just where the difference in odors were in this room. I'm gettin a strong presence of one, likely his..but I don't know what to look for..."

Shrugging her shoulders, the appearance of the room gave off a lot of things about the young man as well. But, as Miyo stated, people could not always be a reflection of their home living. It was similar somewhat to even Arashi herself. She didn't exactly keep her own room super tidy either. Then again, she wasn't exactly organized in every aspect of her life either.

While it could be suspected that he may return within moments, the teen would pace across the length of the room, stopping short of Fudo's bed as she then noted what looked to be blood traces upon the floor.

"Blood on the floor boards...small amounts...not enough to confirm a struggle...but he was clearly here recently...it's still fresh...it matches the strongest odor in the room..."

Arashi would kneel slightly over the mattress, her eyes narrowed while taking another whiff of the air over it.

"I can trace him now that I confirmed his scent...with the fresh traces of blood..he might have been in dragged out of the room...still no proof of it, but there is a slightly other scent present in here too..."

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Aug 25, 2020 8:24:08 GMT -5
Ōnakayama Miyo
Ōnakayama Miyo Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Summary: Looking into Fudo seems like it is going to pay off in the end as something has clearly happened to Fudo, or someone inside the room.

Ōnakayama Miyo

"I mean, as far as I can tell, most of this stuff should be his…” Miyo replies as she nudges a few random items with her foot. "You’re not exactly a bloodhound or something, so just throwing a sock your direction and hoping for the best feels a tad inappropriate.

Miyo chuckles faintly and continues to browse the curious items, but it wasn’t long before Arashi brought up something concerning: blood. As she said, nothing conclusive, but with the current state of the room, the presence of fresh blood, and the door being left ajar, it was likely that either Fudo had been taken against his will or had been interrupted and struggled with someone before fleeing. The former was the more likely, Miyo figured.

"Well, if you’re sure you can find him, we might as well get going.” Miyo reached down towards her side as she spoke and flipped open the cap on her small mercury container to let the liquid metal flow out and begin adding itself to the thin layer already present across her body. "Lead the way. I’m ready.

Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Aug 25, 2020 10:38:42 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 200

NOTES.

While Arashi was far from being a dog, the tricks that she had picked up from living with them had more than served her over the years. Her sense of smell being a key trait that had more than saved her life on a few occasions. While she still had her doubts about the innocence of Fudo, it was hard to not be concerned when there was blood on the scene.

Within moments, they were soon leaving the complex, taking a trip outside of the compound and once again on the trail of their would be criminal. Or perhaps criminals.

In the process of their hunt, the two females having at least a moment to finally breath, Arashi would then blink as she turned toward Miyo with a calm expression.

"So where is your next assignment supposed to be at?"

It was mostly out of curiosity. Especially since out of the two of them, Miyo had probably seen more of the world outside of Kaze no Kuni than she had. It wasn't a fact that she enjoyed at times, but she also understood that with her own skill set, she was probably of better usage in being close to home. Though there were moments when she did want to get out there. The furthermost she'd have been was Bonchi no kuni.

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Aug 27, 2020 9:25:53 GMT -5
Ōnakayama Miyo
Ōnakayama Miyo Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Summary: The discussion about Miyo’s future assignment begins, but unfortunately, Miyo doesn’t know much, yet.

Ōnakayama Miyo

As their hunt takes them back outside, Arashi begins inquiring up Miyo’s upcoming assignment. Unfortunately, though she knew she was going, she did not know much about it, yet. One of those ‘learn about it when you arrive’ type of things. Generally, as an ANBU operative, that meant it was top secret or that leaking details early could be dangerous to one or more parties involved, but this wasn’t the same as most of those missions, so Miyo suspected they were just being lazy or had no idea what she’d be doing yet.

"Sounds like it’ll be at the Daimyo’s city, though it’s definitely a long assignment so I wouldn’t be surprised if I got redeployed several times.” Miyo replies with a faint shrug. "They haven’t told me much, yet. It’s a bit annoying, but I think they’re doing it just to send me off rather than to achieve anything in particular.

She lets out a defeated sigh and then chuckles faintly. "Well, it’ll be alright. I’ll be back before you know it – probably!

"Maybe when I get back we can go on a vacation or journey or something, yeah?

Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Aug 27, 2020 11:52:23 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 200

NOTES.

It was a bit strange to have so little information about an operation before departure. But that could either be due to limited amounts or simply out of secrecy. Still, it appeared that it may have had something to do with the captial city and Miyo's deployment might be for an extended period of time. While even the older female suspected it may have been just a means to get her out of the way, Arashi would shrug her shoulders as she then released a small breath.

"Well..ya do cause more trouble than I do...but I doubt they'd send you so far out if they didn't want you for something important..."

Allowing a small smile to cross her lips, the teen would then nod at the idea of them perhaps doing something like a vacation when she came back.

"Sure! Maybe to one of the oasis or resorts they have over in Hi no kuni..I hear their pretty cool..."

All pleasant thoughts aside, she'd then stop in her tracks as she took hint of the scent.

It was much closer now, leading to her directing Miyo to the side as she could pick it up coming from an alleyway. Moving in that direction, the teen would side to a stop as she could see what looked to be struggling. Closer inspection would show a tied up body, and the moving form of a young man. As he stared up toward them with a fearful expression, the brunette teen would kneel down as she began to untie him, seeming to give some relief to him as he began to rise up.

"Oonakayama Fudo?"

"Yes....Thank you Lady Arashi! Lady Miyo! Listen! You have to hurry! That man..He...he took a sample of my composition! He's going to use it for something terrible!"

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Aug 31, 2020 8:40:14 GMT -5
Ōnakayama Miyo
Ōnakayama Miyo Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Summary: Fudo had been found, but apparently something dire was looming in the future!

Ōnakayama Miyo

"Wait… what do you mean ‘you cause more trouble than I do’? That is so completely untrue!” Miyo protested. Sure, she caused some trouble, namely by getting people do weird and scandalous things, like some of the outings she had with Arashi, but Arashi was definitely more of a trouble maker! At least, in her opinion. "I’m pretty sure you’re the one that causes waaay more trouble than me… I’m not even sure where you get the idea that I even cause any trouble! Hmph!” She crossed her arms stubbornly. "Doubt you could even point out three things.

Not long after, however, Arashi seemed to pick up a scent. A scent that led them to the tied-up Fudo hidden away in an alley. Arashi rushed forward to untie the poor fellow, but Miyo, always the skeptic, looked around a bit to make sure it wasn’t a trap and Fudo the bait. But, near as she could tell that was not the case.

"Your composition? Are you referring to yourself or that stuff we found back in your room?” Miyo inquired. It was not unheard of for Shinobi to try and steal aspects of each other to try and gain techniques, particularly where unique things like kekkei genkai were concerned, but she suspected he was talking about all the dirt back in the apartment.

"Also, do you know who this individual is?

Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Aug 31, 2020 9:13:50 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 200

NOTES.

"Well I bet you can't name three for me either...and for the record...things that literally have already been handle...don't count..."

Holding up a single finger as if to put clarity into the statement, the teen would allow for her focus to return back to Fudo as he appeared confused by such a random statement, leading to Arashi scratching the surface of her nose as she looked away.

"Don't worry about it...anyway...answer the question...what composition and the guy that took it..."

"He's a buyer! A trader that was only passing through...I met him at the local drinking hole. We shared ideas about chemical balances and he expressed his interests in elements and the binding of certain minerals...I told him of my work and studies into the process of making a means in which to reproduce Gold Dust. It wouldn't do much else but provide a means in which for profit...but he offered to help multiply the amounts created with a machine he had brought with him...all I needed to do was create the formula equation to do so..."

Arashi would place one hand over her mouth, doing her best to bite her tongue before saying something she might regret. Though perhaps it didn't need to be said, simply narrowing her eyes as she rose back up to a standing position.

"That is by far the dumbest thing I have ever heard..and if it is true than you're a gullible idiot who just fell for complete bullshit..."

Fudo would lower his head, shaking it as he rose up as well.

"You don't understand...the composition isn't stable! It's highly dangerous if inhaled and causing the user to become...disillusion...even ill-rational. I never was able to get the final balance of minerals to create the real deal..."

Thinking back on what they had found within his room, this seemed like a lie.

"What about the traces of Au we found in your room? Ya tellin me that wasn't real?"

"Small traces...I was only able to make specks of the mineral. What he wanted was a solid formula that could reproduce more and result in large deposits being formed..."

The teen would then place his back against the wall, adjusting his posture as he shook his head. There was still a lot in which Arashi wasn't certain about. But she didn't recall the odor of Fudo at the site for the collapsed wagon or upon the body. Yet the remains of metal dust did give the illusion of it being a member of their clan that had been involved. A set up perhaps? The trader may have been covering his tracks and simply took the machine from the wagon. But then who the other man? An associate maybe?

For now, it looked like they had yet another lead...and this one was more so set upon a thief.

"If this thing isn't completed and our guy releasing it into the air or something...it could be bad...best case the guy kills himself and we've saved the trouble...worse case this guy decides to use it as a weapon..."

Shrugging her shoulders, Arashi would then lean slightly upon her hip. Fudo would seem to shift his attention toward Miyo, speaking softly as he attempted to plead his case.

"I didn't realize that he would go so far as to steal it..we were supposed to be partners..working towards a common goal.."

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Aug 31, 2020 10:06:23 GMT -5
Ōnakayama Miyo
Ōnakayama Miyo Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Summary: Fudo was found! But he’s not the culprit, at least directly. He informs them they have to hunt someone else down, but doesn’t say where they went.

Ōnakayama Miyo

Miyo sort of side-eye glares at Arashi at the weird caveat she tacks on to pointing out ways she gets into trouble, but dismisses it readily. It wasn’t time to worry about such things and she could definitely bring it up again later when things were slightly less perilous.

"Well, turns out this is a whole lot different than I expected.” Miyo commented as she scratched at the back of her neck. "Do we have any idea where this guy may have gone? Won’t do a lot of good if we have no idea where he is.

She looks over at Arashi again. "Can you… you know… sniff him out or something?” Miyo was blatantly unconcerned with Fudo trying to justify what was going on, or any excuse he was providing. She was definitely focused on the possibility of a major destructive event, though!

Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Aug 31, 2020 10:32:00 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 200

NOTES.

Arashi was ready to nod in acceptance of the idea of her finding the man through use of her talent for scents to locate the man. It had already been exposed to her prior with it's finding at Fudo's home in the Oonkayama complex. Yet before she began, she'd stop short as she recalled what the young man had just told them.

"I can do it...but it's probably best that I don't...we have no idea if he hasn't already begun exposing the air to the chemical and if I get a whiff of it...well...ya know...bad..."

The last thing they needed was not only a destructive compound, but also a rampaging Arashi to top it off. If this thing made people irrational, she'd probably think that this was a mistake and and help this man go through with it. Though they needed to find him first.

"Okay...so I just got a formula that will make me a millionaire...where would I go to test it out? Can't leave the village yet without at least greasing some palms to get safe passage...so I'll need money fast...the gold dust will get me a lot of that, but have to make it first..safely...where could I do that?"

Cupping her hand beneath her face, she'd frown as she shook her head.

"I can only think of the outskirts...but there isn't anything out there save for run down buildings and the parts that are basically ruins left over from the war..."

In saying that, the teen would look over toward Miyo as she gestured toward the side.

"Could be worth a look, but we might only get one shot at this..."

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Aug 31, 2020 11:29:45 GMT -5
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Sept 1, 2020 8:22:40 GMT -5
Ōnakayama Miyo
Ōnakayama Miyo Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Summary: With danger for Sunagakure looming in the near future, Miyo decides it is better to act than wait, and takes off to lead the way to the outskirts.

Ōnakayama Miyo

Miyo let out a heavy sigh. "Probably true, though if it’s in the air we’re already screwed, so who knows if it will matter by then?” But, Miyo wasn’t about to recommend putting her sister through unnecessary danger when there were probably other ways to track this individual down. "We do not need you going off the deep end and becoming totally kooky, even if that might be slightly amusing for a few minutes.

"There may not be much out there, but that also makes it the perfect place to hide out.” Miyo sort of looks off in that general direction. "It’ll be a lot of work to cover that much ground, so we should probably get going right away if we’ve any hope of catching this guy before he gets away.

She turns back to Arashi. "Well, I’ll lead the way.

And so Miyo takes off, running out ahead of Arashi. Most people don’t complain about following Miyo around, but no one had time for such things with an emergency at hand.

Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Sept 1, 2020 12:21:25 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 200

NOTES.

"Funny...."

Crossing her arms over her chest, Arashi would then shake her head as it appeared that they were at a bit of a standstill. While it was true that if this thing got into the air such things may not matter, it was still a risk that neither one of them wished to make. But then, perhaps there was a work around in which they could use. Though it was a bit surprising that Miyo wasn't about to jump the gun, rather being more rational, perhaps it wasn't so much so that but that they were both on the same page as it came to dealing with this situation. Time was clearly of the essence so them working together was vital.

"Well...ya are the senior commanding officer..."

Arashi would state this with a calm expression, though soon allowing a smirk to cross her lips as she displayed her toothy grin as to tease before soon preparing to take off behind Miyo as she began to move. Fudo seemed to wish to state something, yet before her could, the short haired brunette would hold up her hand as she began to speak in his direction in her departure.

"You...go home and warning the elders of the situation...I'm sure they'll be interested in hearing about all this...then alert the militia!"

With a nod, the young Oonakayama would take off as well, leaving the two females to make their dash to the outskirts. Moving rapidly, the dark haired female would slide to a stop as she looked around and began to scan the area. There was a multitude of places in which this trader could be, but thankfully this was still a desert environment, meaning that Arashi was in her element.

"I'll start a search perimeter from here! That way we can at least lower the range in which we have to go. I'll catch up to you as soon as I find something, or if ya find him first..."

Releasing a breath, she'd allow for her curse marks to appear over her body, summoning her Sand Gourd from her back as it would appear suddenly from one of her seals. From there, the teen would wave her hand gently into the air, causing the dust to rise from it's contents, wavering into the air much like the head of a snake, and Arashi it's charmer. Dispensing itself into the ground, the mineral would began to split off in different paths, seeming to traverse the area in search of it's unknown target. If it were to come in contact with this man, she'd know it instantly.

"Hopefully we won't be too late and he won't have already tried to get the thing to start making his fake gold..."

Closing her eyes, the young female would start to center her efforts as she focused upon each thread she had let out, each acting as an extension of her will.

-S.A Used-

Will of Sand

Will of Sand- Adding the element of her own chakra into the mixture of sand, Arashi is capable of faster and stronger sand manipulation and attacks. The extent of this control is due to the supply gathered within her gourd, granting the bonus of power, but limited to only the amount contained within it. This ability makes her constructions more dense and harder to break down, and the swiftness of their creation is instant rather than requiring the prior time of build-up as before due to the strengthened bond between Arashi and Shukaku.

Ichibi Host

Arashi is the host to the Ichibi. As such, she has been granted a massive boost to her chakra and various other skills. Sand will unconsciously move to her will, even if she doesn’t want it to. She also has a natural affinity with Fuuinjutsu due to the curse marks that appear over her at times. Arashi also has an affinity to wind. However, because of the low number of tails on Ichibi, Arashi has difficulties controlling the biju and rarely sleeps. She rarely lowers her guard as well.

-Jutsu Used-

NAME: Sunano Senshingu[ Sand Sensing]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Jiton
DESCRIPTION:
By dispersing chakra enhanced sand into a specific area, the user is able to discern the presence of bodies that come into direct contact with it. This sensing sand can be spread across a wide terrain of 100 feet, or even float in the air allowing aerial foes to be detected for an extended range of 150 feet due to it's lack of being stationary. Once the sand comes in contact with a person, it will wrap itself around them, rendering even invisible targets, visible.

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Sept 2, 2020 7:18:33 GMT -5
Ōnakayama Miyo
Ōnakayama Miyo Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Summary: The search begins! Fortunately, Arashi is suitably equipped to handle it. Miyo, on the other hand, is not quite as efficient.

Ōnakayama Miyo

Miyo was considering some retort to her sister’s comments. Arashi was clearly poking fun at her, hinting at her being older or some such, but also calling her a commanding officer, of which she was not – especially where Arashi was concerned. The little bit of mockery was definitely not lost on Miyo, and she figured she’d get Arashi back for it later with something, but for now, her expression merely appeared to be a mix of pouty indignation and stubbornness.

However, the mission to precedence.

After Arasahi scolded Fudo and gave him the orders to go warn and rouse others to help them, they set out. Miyo was quick, but it did not do her much good. She had to stick with Arashi one way or another, at least for the time being, as she had no particular method of effectively scouting such a large area. Nevertheless, upon arrival at the outskirts, Arashi took some initiative and made her way using her sand to scout.

"Well, I guess I’ll just start searching.” Miyo states as Arashi begins to do her thing.

Her options were less effective. She had to analyze the area around them to see if there had been anyone traveling through the area recently, or if any of the buildings in the area showed evidence of recent occupation, and if such evidence was found, she had to investigate. It might sound simple, but in actual practice, it was incredibly difficult, especially in Sunagakure where sand tended to shift and move about readily.

"Hopefully, we get lucky…” Miyo whispered to herself.