Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]

compose a reply
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Nov 3, 2020 13:17:48 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell

TAG.

WORDS. 200

NOTES.

Arashi would frown as she crossed her arms over her chest with a huff.

"Of course I know what pajamas are! But why the hell would ya wear them in a place where it's near 100 degrees, tipping down only at night? Thats like the best time to just chill and enjoy the cold temperature..."

Nodding her head as if she was affirming this, the teen would then sigh as it appeared that it was likely that the point wasn't made, but to each their own. Still, the idea of actually just hopping out of these clothes into something more comfortable was becoming more and more appealing by the second.

At the question of just what Arashi thought she considered as pajamas, the girl would open one of her closed eyes as she looked toward Miyo with a blank expression.

"A one piece with long johns?"

With a shrug the girl figured that it was something along those lines considering how pale she was, granted that was a bit of a thing that had always been a trait of hers. Even under the rays of the sun, she had never seen her sister get so much as a tan, let alone a burn of any kind. Even Arashi got those before her transformation, and her skin complexion was technically mostly sand and it still seemed to get at least a sorta brown tint.

Though sleep wear aside, it appeared that Miyo was being assigned to the capital for guard duty. A pretty big role, though she imagined it wouldn't be that much fun in the end. All she'd do was stand and watch the way things went there.

"Even if it is...least ya moving up in the world...I couldn't get a post like that to save my life..."

-S.A Used-

Will of Sand

Will of Sand- Adding the element of her own chakra into the mixture of sand, Arashi is capable of faster and stronger sand manipulation and attacks. The extent of this control is due to the supply gathered within her gourd, granting the bonus of power, but limited to only the amount contained within it. This ability makes her constructions more dense and harder to break down, and the swiftness of their creation is instant rather than requiring the prior time of build-up as before due to the strengthened bond between Arashi and Shukaku.

Ichibi Host

Arashi is the host to the Ichibi. As such, she has been granted a massive boost to her chakra and various other skills. Sand will unconsciously move to her will, even if she doesn’t want it to. She also has a natural affinity with Fuuinjutsu due to the curse marks that appear over her at times. Arashi also has an affinity to wind. However, because of the low number of tails on Ichibi, Arashi has difficulties controlling the biju and rarely sleeps. She rarely lowers her guard as well.

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kaze has written 2,713 posts
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Nov 3, 2020 13:46:42 GMT -5
Ōnakayama Miyo
Ōnakayama Miyo Avatar
groupnull
age Twenty years old birthday March 19 rank Genin occupation ANBU Operative
Tag:
Title: Some Things are Thicker than Blood; A Sibling’s Farewell!
Hex: c24e4e
Summary: Miyo starts to imagine really weird things…

Ōnakayama Miyo

The Mercurial Maiden of Sunagakure

Miyo blinked a couple of times. "With that logic you’re better off wearing nothing at all.” She gave her sister a sly smirk. "But tank top and shorts is a suitable alternative.

But Arashi also brought up what she thought Miyo’s idea of pajamas were: a one piece and long johns. Miyo sort of looked off into the distance for a moment as she pondered over the idea of a one piece swimsuit and long john leggings. The gears were grinding pretty hard and she eventually had to dismiss it as a truly laughable option.

And Miyo had posed as a mystery to many over the years. She did not wear a whole lot, yet she was as pale as a ghost. How had a girl like her managed to avoid being as tan as her sister? Or burned red like a tomato? The secret was in her all-encompassing magnetic shield that kept her safe from her own mercury, but also managed to hold her mercury armor layer in place on herself at almost all times. In truth, very few people actually saw Miyo’s actual skin! Arashi was one of those few and she maybe didn’t even know it!

"I’m an ANBU operative, and a good one, too. And now I am being assigned guard duty in the capital? Clearly I have made someone mad.” Miyo didn’t pout often, which was probably a good thing, because her pouting was adorable in its own way. It would be a dangerous tool if she used it for evil!

Temp by Ai Made Just for Fair ♥

Fairemont has written 371 posts
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Nov 3, 2020 16:16:04 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 200

NOTES.

There had not been a response to the suggestion of just what it was that Miyo wore to bed, meaning that it was either close to the truth or completely off. In the end, it was her private choice, much like Arashi's had her own. Still, the image for a moment did prompt a small snicker to escape from her as the two proceeded forward. In spite of this off-subject conversation, it appeared that Miyo wasn't exactly happy with the assignment. That seemed a bit shocking, seeming as Arashi always figured she be the one usually complaining about something.

Still, it was reasonable...

The female was a trained ANBU operative, and she was being sent off to act as a guard far away, rather than off on some covert operation.

With a raised brow, Miyo confessed that she must have made someone mad, leading to the teen placing her hands behind her head as she looked to the sky.

"Shesh...I make the higher ups mad all the time, and all I get is guard duty within the walls...you do it and you get shipped off...kinda backwards don't ya think?"

In saying this, she'd then look over toward the girl with a serious expression.

"Besides...dad wouldn't send ya out there if he didn't think it was of great importance...he might not say it, but I can tell he trusts ya to do what ya gotta do..."

-S.A Used-

Will of Sand

Will of Sand- Adding the element of her own chakra into the mixture of sand, Arashi is capable of faster and stronger sand manipulation and attacks. The extent of this control is due to the supply gathered within her gourd, granting the bonus of power, but limited to only the amount contained within it. This ability makes her constructions more dense and harder to break down, and the swiftness of their creation is instant rather than requiring the prior time of build-up as before due to the strengthened bond between Arashi and Shukaku.

Ichibi Host

Arashi is the host to the Ichibi. As such, she has been granted a massive boost to her chakra and various other skills. Sand will unconsciously move to her will, even if she doesn’t want it to. She also has a natural affinity with Fuuinjutsu due to the curse marks that appear over her at times. Arashi also has an affinity to wind. However, because of the low number of tails on Ichibi, Arashi has difficulties controlling the biju and rarely sleeps. She rarely lowers her guard as well.

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Nov 4, 2020 9:16:01 GMT -5
Ōnakayama Miyo
Ōnakayama Miyo Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Summary: Miyo wonders where they are going for snacks!

Ōnakayama Miyo

"Backwards?” Miyo considered for a moment and raised her arms above her head to lock her fingers at the back of her neck. "Maybe. You are also an instructor here, aren’t you? It is unlikely they would ship you away from your job, whereas mine is quite literally to go outside and do things. So, maybe not as backwards as you’d think at a first glance.

As far as frustrating others went, Arashi was definitely worse at it. For a long time she had been nothing more than a delinquent, and even after sort of breaking out of that on-the-streets phase she still had a bit of a rebellious streak in her. Miyo, on the other hand, was significantly more of a ‘good girl’. She followed orders, did not cause a lot of trouble – in public – and really was only a huge pain in the butt for Takato, but still, she could do some things to irk people unintentionally.

"I’m not sure if this order comes from Dad or not.” Miyo glanced over at Arashi for a moment, then scooted over towards her and slung one of her arms over her shoulder. "But speaking of orders, where are we going for this snack of yours? Hm?

Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Nov 4, 2020 12:56:28 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 200

NOTES.

"There are plenty of places across Kaze no Kuni that could use an instructor and trained shinobi..."

Tilting her head to the side, Arashi would blink as she then gestured toward a stand that was coming up, allowing their destination to be known as she continued to walk with her. While Miyo didn't believe the order came from their shared father, it seemed like it had to be someone up top to instruct that a ANBU operative to be sent so far for something as simple as guard duty.

"If not dad...then the captain? How'd ya manage to piss off a captain?"

It was a odd question, but still there was time for as they finally came over and Arashi began to put in her order as she then looked back toward the female as she leaned her back against the counter.

"Well, if even if its a shit detail, think of it like a vacation...no real responsibilities...easy work...plus depending on where it is...ya might get posted by the ocean...I hear that spot is basically a dream for some people..."

Closing her eyes, the brunette would then brush her bangs out of her face before then looking out to the people as they moved by.

"Anything can be better than here sometimes..."
-S.A Used-

Will of Sand

Ichibi Host

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Nov 4, 2020 14:01:47 GMT -5
Ōnakayama Miyo
Ōnakayama Miyo Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Title: Some Things are Thicker Than Blood; A Sibling’s Farewell!
Summary: Miyo offers to take Arashi on a vacation to ocean beaches!

Ōnakayama Miyo

"I suppose. But I thought you liked teaching at the academy?” Miyo seemed a little puzzled. Perhaps she had misread her sister in that regard?

"I don’t know if I pissed someone off. It wasn’t dad… I don’t think it was a captain? Maybe I just caught someone’s eye.” Miyo made some sort of giddy, girlish sound at the end of that like she was thrilled someone was actually interested in her. "Wouldn’t that be something?

"I wouldn’t call it a vacation, though.” Miyo retorted. "I’ll be working. Posts will probably be dreadfully boring. I doubt I’ll see the ocean.

She let’s Arashi go as they arrived at the booth and leaned up next to Arashi, but faced her sister and leaned on an elbow. "Well, if it’s so bad here… How about when I get back we take a vacation? You and me go to the ocean, visit some beaches, eat good food, party a bit or something. I think that sounds nice, don’t you?

Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Nov 4, 2020 20:31:21 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 200

NOTES.

"I do...its just....I don't know...a part of me feels like I can be doing a lot more than just that..."

Arashi would continue to lean back against the counter, her arms crossed as she listened to Miyo state that her own problem might not have been that she was in trouble, but that perhaps she had simply caught someone's attention. That was enough to make Arashi raise her brow as she blinked for a moment.

"So they sent ya to an outpost just to get ya attention?"

Apparently, Miyo might have thought it was somehow flattering, leading to the teen releasing a breath as she shook her head.

"That's be somethin alright...Somethin weird...and not at all creepy..."

That was sarcasm of course, but she figured that Miyo was joking around as she claimed that with her working, she'd likely not get much free time to do much of anything. Which did make sense, but she figured it was at least worth a try to cheer her up a bit. Even if it was just a possible suggestion. In the end, Arashi was still a bit envious.

Perhaps the older female noticed that too, prompting the suggestion that when she came back, she might be able to take her out on a vacation. Just the two of them.

"A vacation to an actual beach?"

Her face went blank, just around the time that the waitress would return with two paper bags, each one holding the frozen contents as she looked over at her sister with a raised brow.

"I mean...that would be cool...heh heh...sure...I'd like that..."

With a small smile on her face, she'd take hold of the bags as she held them up with her arms before nodding.

"Course, that's all if I'd be able to go on vacation..."

-S.A Used-

Will of Sand

Ichibi Host

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Dec 10, 2020 11:54:29 GMT -5
Ōnakayama Miyo
Ōnakayama Miyo Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Summary: Product acquired. Time to go!

Ōnakayama Miyo

"Yeah, a vacation to an actual beach.” Miyo replied as she raised her arms and laced her fingers together behind her head. "We’ll go, and we’ll have fun. No one will be able to stop us, either. I mean, not that anyone would try, except dad, but he is usually too busy to keep that close of an eye on us. So, we should be able to sneak out no problem if we need to.

Miyo glanced over at Arashi as she took the bags from the waitress. "I figured you might like it. It’s just a matter of getting things together for it.

After letting out a soft sigh, Miyo perked up a bit. "Ready to head out? I’ve got a couple ideas for movies stuff we could watch.

Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Dec 11, 2020 9:21:03 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 200

NOTES.

Arashi would release a small giggle upon hearing the idea of them being able to sneak out to take this little trip, which honestly would be of no surprise to their father for Arashi to be apart of.

"Startin to think that I am not the only one with a trouble maker streak anymore...we keep this up and dad's head will really turn grey..."

It was a small joke. After all, she was certain that if they just went to an oasis within Kaze no Kuni they would have no trouble getting to do it. It would be within the village and not crossing any borders or anything. What was the harm in that?

As they gathered their things, the young female would nod in agreement of them having everything they needed, prompting her to pull away from the counter with her share of the goods as the two prepared to make their way. It wasn't going to take them long to return home, though as Miyo stated how she had a few ideas about their choice of movies, the teen would raise her brow as she smirked.

"It isn't anythin sappy is it? Don't think I can take another "Dear Joji" rip offs..."

Shivering at the thought of such a concept, she'd laugh as she nudged the older teen with a toothy grin.
-S.A Used-

Will of Sand

Ichibi Host

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Dec 15, 2020 14:14:20 GMT -5
Ōnakayama Miyo
Ōnakayama Miyo Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Summary: Write them here! Box will expand downwards with words.

Ōnakayama Miyo

"Heh.” Miyo grinned faintly. "I’m my own type of trouble. Different, but still a handful, I like to think. At least, need to keep it exciting somehow.”

After Arashi nudged her, Miyo gave her a hip bump. "Nothing sappy, well, I have some of those, but I had two new ones picked up: something spooky, and some sort of action-packed film. Both have pretty good reviews, so I don’t know which one you’ll want to watch.”

Miyo shrugged faintly as they moved along. It certainly wouldn’t take them long to get back to their place. "Anyway, go get your shorts and tank top or whatever you want to wear that is comfortable. I’ll meet you in my room, yeah?”

Considering they didn’t room very far from each other, it would likely only result in a short interruption.

Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Dec 17, 2020 16:02:02 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 200

NOTES.

"Yea yea..."

Waving her hand to the side as the two entered inside the manor, Arashi would split apart of the other female as she began to make her way to the back to check on her pack. As she could see the group had already settled in for the day, the girl would note that their food had already been placed out for them, allowing a small smile to cross her lips as she figured she had Set to thank for that. Before long, she was making her way upstairs after removing her boots and taking them to rest at the entrance.

Soon after, the young female was within her room, taking a moment to wash her face of the day's sweat that had collected upon it. After all, sand had a way of absorbing just as much as a sponge did. In cleaning it, she'd see the dirt fall upon the dish of water, leading to her releasing a breath before turning to change.

In seconds, she'd be making her way down the hall, a pair of blue shorts resting around her waist and a white tank top across her torso. Stretching her arms into the air, she'd peek in to see if Take was already in bed, noting the caretaker that was within view downstairs before then approaching Miyo's door. It wasn't often that she came down this way, especially with how busy both of them were as of late. Though considering how close their rooms were, it was amazing that they didn't see each other more.

Though perhaps that was part of growing up...you saw less of the people that were important in your life...

Still, with the knowledge that it might be some time till she saw Miyo again, it made it all the more important that they try and spend at least a few moments together. Just being normal.

As she rubbed the back of her neck, the short haired female would quickly knock upon her sister's door, releasing a breath before then closing her eyes as she waited for her to answer. Once she had, she'd walk in with her hand resting upon her hip, opening one eye as she gestured to the side.

"Ya said action flick right? Who's the lead? If it's Sugo..I kinda wanna see it...even if he's just an actor and not a real ninja..."

-S.A Used-

Will of Sand

Ichibi Host

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Dec 18, 2020 13:15:58 GMT -5
Ōnakayama Miyo
Ōnakayama Miyo Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Summary: The party begins?

Ōnakayama Miyo

Like Arashi, Miyo returned to her room. After shutting the door, her mercury layer slithered across her skin and pooled back into the small gourd at her waist and she popped the cork in to secure it. With that done, she set it aside and flopped onto her bed. It was a big, comfortable bed, filled to the brim with pillows and other comfortable items that Miyo enjoyed having around. After lying there for a moment, she got up so that she could get prepared – however, was easily distracted by switching between tasks.

She started with removing her shinobi outfit so that she could swap into something more appropriate – though, in Miyo’s case, most things she wore were not appropriate – which resulted in her trying to figure out how to fix her TV that was not working properly in nothing more than her underwear. Fortunately, she was able to turn it on by the time that Arashi arrived.

When she heard the knock on the door, Miyo moved a step towards it before realizing her folly, but called out to let her know she could enter. By then, however, Miyo would have at least pulled a white tank top on, making her slightly more modestly presentable than she was, but it was hardly the type of thing to wear out in public.

"Yeah, action flick. Sugo… don’t think so.” She scratched at her cheek and looked at her TV stand. "Not in the two that I chose, but I have another batch I picked up that I didn’t include in my options. He stars in a recently released one called Hiro and the Hundred Thieves. It has good ratings but is apparently a little less appropriate than the others.

Miyo shrugged and opened the drawer beneath the TV to get the DVD out. "Want to watch it? According to the reviews it is best described as ‘blood, babes, and badassery.’ So… yeah. It could be something.

Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Dec 20, 2020 8:59:20 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 200

NOTES.

"Hmm...Okay..."

Arashi would nod as she watched Miho begin to work on the television, allowing for the young teen to take her seat near the foot of the bed. As she sat herself down on the floor, she'd admire the fact that a lot of the technology that seemed to rest within Sunagakure was, by all accounts, pretty advance when it came to things like electronics. Yet, when it came to everything else, it was as if they were somewhat stuck in a different time completely. Of course, traditions and all that were likely the case, it seemed like such devices would be incorperated into their usual defenses at some point.

Still, maybe that was something that laid within the future...though she imagined that she might not be alive to see it fully realized.

Drawing her legs up to her chest, her head would rest back against the cushion against her neck, allowing her to relax a bit as she began to reach for the frozen treat that had been purchased before their arrival home.

"Hiro and the Hundred Thieves...should be interesting..."

Considering her relationship with thieves, it would likely be a less than realistic performance, but then that was the point of movies. To suspend disbelief and allow yourself to be caught up into the story. It was one of the reasons why she loved films. The adventure and the plots. The drama and the action. She had been a fan long before she had become a shinobi, taking her love of books and using that to transfer her into that of cinema. Not that she'd ever see herself acting in one of these. She'd prefer simply to watch than perform it. But then, stories had a way of making themselves and it was likely that one day...either a story or movie might be made about her.

"Ya know? Just a question...but ya ever think Dad might get one of these made of him one day?"
-S.A Used-

Will of Sand

Ichibi Host

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Dec 28, 2020 9:07:45 GMT -5
Ōnakayama Miyo
Ōnakayama Miyo Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Summary: Miyo sits down with Arashi and gets the movie started. She muses about the prospect of their father having his own motion picture.

Ōnakayama Miyo

After popping the DVD into the player and letting it load to the menu, Miyo turned to see Arashi seated on the floor. She could have easily chosen to sit on the more comfortable bed, or even get cozied up under the blankets, but maybe it was a better idea to eat the ice cream on the floor, first. If nothing else, the cold confection treat would certainly cool them down so the protective layer of blankets would be even more appealing. She grabbed the remote and her own ice cream and plopped down next to her sister.

"Hmm…” Miyo considered that question as she flipped through the menu options to get to play. By the looks of things, it was not going to be a very realistic portrayal, but one thoroughly exaggerated for the big screen. "Maybe? He’s a pretty important figure in the village, and certainly has accomplished a lot.

Miyo popped the top on ice cream and looked in. It had begun melting a little bit, but the softened ice cream would be a lot easier to eat than the ice-solid version it had been at purchase. However, it was clearly making her hands cold as she swapped back and forth a couple of times.

"If they do make a movie about him, I can only imagine they will have to get someone else to play his role.” She chuckled a little bit and glanced at her sister as the opening credits rolled.

"I’m glad you agreed to do this with me. It’s a nice memory I’ll have when I leave.

Somethings are thicker than Blood, A Siblings Farewell[I]Dec 28, 2020 10:18:52 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 200

NOTES.

"Heh heh....someone younger to play dad? That might be a hard sell...I barely remember him bein young..."

Arashi would joke as Miyo took a spot next to her, clearly opening the top of the ice cream as she would take a spoon and dip it into it's contents. As the opening credits began to roll upon the screen, the white haired female would mention how she was happy that the two of them got to do this, leading to Arashi nodding as she smiled toward her.

"Me too....It's been a long time comin...hopefully we'll be able to do it again once ya get back..I sorta missed doin it too.."

Leaning her head back against the bed, Arashi would close her eyes as she shook her head.

"Ya know? Bein a kid and just sittin up half the night watchin movies and laughin...easy to forget when ya literally have a village to keep safe...ain't much fun in doing that all the time..."

As she said this, her eyes would open up as she then released a sigh.

"Still..someone gotta do it...and who better than us right?"

Holding up her spoon, she'd pop the frozen dip into her mouth, taking in it's cold sensation before feeling it dull out from the warmth of her tongue. Better to enjoy it when it was cold before it started to melt. Though with the sun starting to go down, it would soon be chilly enough to keep it's structure during the rest of the film.

"Just keep remindin me with a letter every now and then so I can set somethin up...next time I'll do the pickin..."
-S.A Used-

Will of Sand

Ichibi Host

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS