Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho

you're always looking at far away places
can't you look at me?

arashi others
tagged () words (248) Outfit

There was something about the power of a good story...

If told by the right person, in the right place and time, it held the power to take people to any place they wanted. They could be in the farthest reaches of a temple, to the deepest depths of the ocean...

It was capable of taking them to any and all locations, so long as one had the ability to imagine they could be there. The only limitation was the mind...and that was hard thing to break. Even within the worst surroundings...

In the outskirts of Sunagakure, the world seemed to have very little to find joy in. The ruins of the place that many once called home, having managed to remain, only to be the rumbled home for those that had little choice. It was a blind spot, but one that people were aware of, and many sought to avoid. In the end, if you hit rock bottom, you could always pick up a mat and find a home here. It was that, or take your chances further into the desert and find an empty ruin somewhere and hope not to be a lizard or a lion's next lunch.

There was little happiness here, but there was a small light within the darkness as the sun went down. Often, at least once a year, a traveler would come and sit among the people within the Outskirts. No one knew where the stranger came from, some...uncertain if he were a resident who decided to travel, or simply a man who was without a home. But he remained for one night...and each time he would tell a story.

He'd spin a yard of places far beyond Sunagakure, beyond Kaze no Kuni. He'd speak of treasures and wonders, and dangers that could chill the bone of even the most courageous of shinobi.

Most within the area would come and listen to him tell his stories, only having to give a small donation of a single Ryo to hear him. It was a modest price in all truth...though Arashi honestly thought he was ripping off people that already had so little to begin with. Not that she even bothered to pay in all truth.

Sitting upon a rooftop, the girl would look in and listen, her canines surrounding her as she figured better to be out of sight than to be in the eye of anyone. No need to cause a stir, and she was already less than approved of in the area since she had settled here a year prior.

But as she laid across her wooden crate, her eyes staring upward toward the stars in the sky, her ears would pick up on a word that seemed to be spoke of as the man spoke, his hands waving over the flame of a fire, eyes seeming to glow as he expressed a phrase that had been easy to recognize.

"Miracle..."

Her brow raised, prompting her to roll over onto her belly as she found herself falling off the side of the box and hitting the ground. Despite the small bit of pain, her small frame would manage to continue to scurry over to the edge of her rooftop haven, hushing her dogs as they seemed to follow after her as call of them looked down to the man.

made by remi of isc

inspired by abby's template
Kaze has written 2,713 posts
Search for Miracles[Past Thread/Open]Nov 1, 2021 21:25:27 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

can't you look at me?

arashi others

"Yes my friends...indeed it is said to bring miracles...a fountain that has been lost to time itself..said to make paupers into kings and warriors into legends upon the field of battle..."

It was easily the most unlikely thing on the planet to be true, Arashi wasn't so foolish. But in a small way, the young girl did hope it was true. She wanted it to be...After all...a miracle could change a lot of things within her life. It could make her normal again...it could set her free...

With her eyes widened, her expression shifted to one of curiosity, hearing the small whimpers of Jai before quickly scooping the small pup into her arms as she adjusted herself to be sitting cross-legged upon the surface beneath her. Stroking the small dog's fur, she'd look over to see Nai licking at the face of Ai, the littlest of the group seeming to have gotten something upon his face before returning her gaze to the sight below her.

The hooded man would lay his palm down upon the sand, taking some of it's grains into his fist before sprinkling it across the flames, igniting it as he allowed the smoke to rise.

"Long ago...there lived a man who was said to be the King of Kings....he held a kingdom far across the vast desert...living among his people as a ruler of just and true valor. He was keen warrior, and a wiser man none had ever seen before...His people loved him, and he loved them...but still...he deserved more for his people..and in a way...more for himself..."

The smoke seemed to fly higher, reaching into the sky as he continued.

"One day....a man came to him...seek refuge and shelter from a sandstorm. That night he ate and drank with the king, telling him of his travels and the things he had seen. But one thing managed to catch the attention of the great and noble king...the tale of a fountain where the water endlessly flowed...never ending...pure and untouched...and capable of granting those that drank from it one miracle..."

Arashi would find herself edging a bit closer, her eyes growing bigger as she found her attention trained more than ever on the storyteller.

"But the king...he thought, 'What a foolish thing...a waterfall is not possible here...only an oasis could have such flow and miracles....crazy...', yet...the thought had come to him...a miracle would do wonders for his kingdom...which was already vast and powerful...and for him...he would be known as a legend for having blessed his people to a prosperous and grand life..."

Or freedom....free of a curse....

"So the king asked the traveler...'Tell me...where might I find this fountain...so that I may treat my people well and bring further peace to my lands?', the traveler grew silent..his mouth seeming almost dry of thirst. The man told him that such a place could only be found by those in great need...and if you managed to present yourself before it...you dare not take it if you have so much to give already...."

Okay...ominous warning...that checks out...come on...get to the good parts!

made by remi of isc

Search for Miracles[Past Thread/Open]Nov 1, 2021 21:43:05 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

can't you look at me?

arashi others

"The wise king...so noble and just...took heart to this warning...and allowed the traveler to rest within his chambers....but still the thoughts hounded him like wolves in the darkness...such a treasure...a wonderous find...a fountain that could grant miracles! How could one not have great need if they had given all that they could? For his people...there was always a need...a need for more...and for himself...there was need to be loved and to be respected...to be remembered"

Arashi had never found himself more drawn into a tale than she had been at this moment. She had found herself lost in books plenty of times, in films, easily slipping into the content and never being removed from them until she saw the ending. It was no different here, and she watched as the man began to rise up, his hands waving as he spoke more of the king's troubling thoughts.

"These thoughts laid siege upon the king's mind throughout the night...until finally the dawn broke through and allowed him freedom from his torment. He'd rush to his chambers and awaken the traveler. He demanded that he tell him where the fountain was! HE HAD TO FIND IT! THERE WAS NO GREATER CAUSE THAN THIS!! The traveler, fearing for his life, would tell the king of where he had seen it, how it had given him his miracle...his wish to have food and shelter. Upon drinking from it's flow, the traveler was given food and shelter in every land and place that he traveled...he was never hungry...and his body never cold at night. He told the king of where it was, and the noble ruler soon released the man and began to prepare for his journey..."

The young girl would blink as she felt Jai whimper once more, prompting her to try and distract the pup with her fingertip, letting the retriever nip at it's surface as she waved it cover her nose.

"So with this knowledge in hand...the king..."

"Hold up!!! WHERE DID HE GO!? WHERE DID THE TRAVELER SEND HIM!?"

Arashi realized her outburst, quickly covering her mouth as she saw the storyteller look up and frown. He'd narrow his eyes at the girl, seeing her upon the roof and then looking to the other people around him as he then sighed.

"As I was saying...the King....now prepared for travel...would begin his journey to the lands in which the traveler spoke, taking his finest warriors with him in case of conflict on his journey....He'd ride for days and even through night, cross the vast desert and wither through the most dangerous of storms. His men grew weary, but they would follow their king to the ends of the earth if need be. Their loyalty strong and harder than any stone..."

made by remi of isc

Search for Miracles[Past Thread/Open]Nov 3, 2021 22:09:43 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

can't you look at me?

arashi others

To say the suspense was killing the girl was overstating it. Of course, the way she began to become so invested in the tale was clear as firmly as her outburst as she held her hands at her side, gripping the cloth of her shorts as even the dogs at her back seemed to be drawn in by what caused the uproar from their companion. Despite the mild distraction, the storyteller would continue.

"For days they traveled...and those days turned to weeks...and those weeks to months....before long, the wise and brave king....would find his numbers dwendling and the faith of his followers slowly fading. They did not believe they would find this fountain, and day in and day out, they would plead for their king to turn back. But he would not listen, he held such faith in finding the great treasure...that he would press on....until finally...after two years...and down to the last of his men...the king accepted defeat..."

Arashi would heard the collective gasps, even letting one of her own emerge from her lips before quickly trying to cover it up with a cough.

"The king...tired and now slightly grayer than when he left, would make the journey for his kingdom...with the last of his army now to two soldiers...and even they perished on the path to returning back to his lands....but as he grew closer...he saw the changes in the area...the breeze no longer sweet...but harsh...and the cold chill in the air he took into his body...soon enough...he'd see what remained of his great and noble kingdom...now no more than ruins that had begun a natural burial into the the sand..."

The traveler would set himself down, his hands resting upon his knees as he closed his eyes.

"During the time in which the king left on his journey...he had no heir...no children or wife to look after the kingdom....without a king...or an army to defend them...the kingdom was easily attacked and destroyed by raiders and enemies from across the desert. It was picked clean of everything and everyone...nothing remained...and the king...well...he was no longer a king...but a man with no home to go back to..."

made by remi of isc

last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Nov 3, 2021 22:10:48 GMT -5
Search for Miracles[Past Thread/Open]Nov 5, 2021 15:24:34 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Don't hunt what you can't kill
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday August 14 rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 1
// Zakku //

The essence, the basics without it you make it
Allow me to make this child like in nature
Rhythm you have it or you don't
That's a fallacy, I'm in them
Every spiralling tree, every child of peace
Every cloud I see you see with your eyes

Zakku didn't expect to make as much as he did.  Selling to people before this old mans story time was a great idea.  Maybe he should get out of the shinobi line of work and just sell his blunts all the time.  Naw that'd get boring too quick.  Tucking away his cash he'd sit listening to the mans story.  He found himself entranced by it even hypnotized.  

Wrapping his arms around his legs he wondered about the fountain.  What type of Miracle could people get?  Would it quiet down his killer urges?  or would it make him an even deadlier killer?  Yanked back to reality by a familiar voice that had even Zakku looking in the direction.  The story was great and he couldn't blame the voice for getting excited.  Even he had moved a little bit closer to absorb every word the man spoke.  He was hooked and needed more.

Duh Dood has written 541 posts
Search for Miracles[Past Thread/Open]Nov 8, 2021 20:59:36 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

can't you look at me?

arashi others

The story didn't have the greatest of ends. Of course, most stories like this ever did. As Arashi continued to listen, she'd blink as the story teller seemed to be wrapping up his tale.

"So be well to remember what it is that you seek...for greed is easy to overtake even the purest of hearts..and the cost can be the loss of the things that matter most...much like the great and noble king..."

As people seemed to applaud and cheer, the man would set himself down once more, waving to those within the audience as people passed and placed a ryo within his tin cup. With the crowd disappearing, Arashi would seem to have made her way through to the front, her hand resting upon her hip as she frowned.

"So where exactly did the traveler tell the king to go? I mean...sounds like if anythin, he tricked em to goin round in circles..."

"Ahh...the child whom listens, yet does not pay to do so....that is a brazen assumption to make of a man who was gifted with shelter for a night..."

"Ain't too far off either...right?"

The Storyteller would sigh as he held out his cup, his expression solemn as Arashi would walk over and reach into her pocket, digging as deep as she could, she'd frown as she pulled out one ryo and placed it within.

"There...I paid...so where did he tell him to go?"

"You ask as if the place were meant to be real...such stories have been passed down for generations and often hold little merit to them...the Fountain...is among such tales...who am I to say where it could be and where the traveler told the king to look?"

"Because it had to have some relevance to the story itself? Ya skipped over it for a reason...don't know why...but I wanna know..."

Crossing her arms over her chest, Arashi would narrow her eyes before seeing her pack move in behind her, prompting the man to frown.

"I do not know of what you mean...and if I did..It would take more than dogs to get me to speak of it..."

"They aren't the ones ya need worry bout...sides...they already ate..."

"What reason would a child have to gain knowledge of the Fountain of Miracles? Least one whom seems to have so much?"

Arashi would grow silent as she looked to the side.

"I want to use it to remove a curse..."

made by remi of isc

Search for Miracles[Past Thread/Open]Nov 9, 2021 13:01:52 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

Zakku always loved an appearance by Arashi dogs.  His large heart eyes as soon as they appeared betrayed everything the Young shinobi felt for animals.  He held back his need to scream his love for the animals and giving out cuddles and affection where it was always clearly needed but something about how they backed up Arashi kept him back.

Watching the exchange Zakku looked at the bag of money he'd just made.  Looking between the old mans cup and his newly earned wealth he knew what he had to do.

Walking up to the pair Zakku would hold out the bag of money and would begin pouring it out into the cup.  His cup would begin to runneth over until Zakku would unceremoniously drop the bag with it.  "I want to know the location of the miracle fountain to quell my own demons. This is my down payment."  He grossed his arms tucking his clenched fists into his armpits.  Zakku couldn't believe he just gave up that much money.  It was for a friend though so he couldn't be too upset...This time.

Search for Miracles[Past Thread/Open]Nov 9, 2021 15:26:30 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

can't you look at me?

arashi others

The sudden appearance of Zakku was not something that Arashi had expected. Though it seemed that Nai was already happy to see the boy, along with the rest of the pack as each one seemed to bark in unison. Even more so, the fact that he was dropping money in, way more than Arashi was willing to give just for information had been enough to make her stomach turn. Still, it seemed as if this offer was more than enough to prompt the Storyteller to speak, his eyes closed as he allowed for one to remain open.

"Both your reasonings have promise...but in the end remain selfish...how you not considered that perhaps your problems...are best settled within yourselves....acceptance...often is.."

"Enough with the cookie crap! Ya know way more and we've paid ya! Some more than others...."

Her teeth bared as she looked over in Zakku's direction, her hands now resting on her hips as she narrowed her eyes with a frown.

"So spill it!"

"Very well....The location that the traveler told the king was indeed a false one...it was his hope that the man would give up such thinking sooner rather than later....in the end...the true location of the fountain...is..."

Arashi would lean in, her eyes wide as she waited for an answer, prompting the man to lean back as he held up both his hands with a sheepish smile.

"Within the heart of where the desert lies...all secrets must be held close to it's chest...to find the fountain one must look into it's eyes and reveal their truth...."

"Are ya shittin me!?"

The storyteller would shake his head as he placed both within the folds of his cloak.

"Such things are always this way in tales children...a riddle is often the best way to keep such knowledge known, as well as held through the passage of time...do you honestly think someone would remember to head west and then east?"

Throwing her arms up into the air, the Oonkayama female would turn around as she released a breath.

"Still...there is more to this clue than you may realize...simply consider what it is that you know of the history of Kaze no kuni...and your answer will be there..."

made by remi of isc

Search for Miracles[Past Thread/Open]Nov 13, 2021 14:53:15 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

Zakku thought about the old mans words.  He didn't think care what he thought of his reason he just wanted to protect his home and the people he cares about.  Arashis outbursts of angers confirmed what he was suspecting.  She truly believes in this story.  Taking a few steps back he'd meld into the dogs his heart eyes returning as his hands quickly became active giving attention and spoiling the loving animals.  

The Riddle felt like it belonged in a novel to Zakku.  The heart of where the desert lies.  Watching Arashis reaction Zakku kept giving out attention to the dogs especially Nai.  He'd give Arashi a bored look.  "Nothing is ever that easy dude."  Shaking his head Zakku would ponder the words.  "Heart of where the desert lies...Arashi have you ever heard of a heart of Suna?"  Zakku wished he'd paid more attention in class instead of reading.  Problems for later. 

Search for Miracles[Past Thread/Open]Nov 13, 2021 19:58:46 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

can't you look at me?

arashi others

With this small clue seeming to be the key to them figure out just what to do, the storyteller would seem to take his leave as he bowed in their direction.

"I hope that you find what it is that you seek..."

With those words, the man would begin to make his way into the departing crowd, leaving Arashi to sigh as she let him leave. In truth, she could probably chase him down and tackle him for more than just some strange riddle. But in preparing to make her way forward, she'd hear the calls and barking of her canines as they surrounded Zakku, taking in his attention much like they would a new toy.

"The Heart of Sunagakure...."

Cupping her hand to her face, the young girl would then lean against a wall, closing her eyes as she attempted to try and a recall anything that she might know upon the subject. Though the statement of nothing ever being easy left her releasing her breath before shaking her head.

"If it were, guess no one would be searchin for it...still...damn it..."

Arashi would raise her brow at the question that she might know something about the Heart of Sunagakure, clearly a reference to the desert as everyone knew that village was considered the main haven for all of Kaze no Kuni. Unless you counted the Capitol.

"Only small stuff...ya got the Concept of the Heart of the desert being it's people....the Heart of the Desert being a location somewhere far south....or the Heart of the Desert as an object...or a jewel rather..."

The girl would groan before setting herself down upon the ground, picking up Jai as the small pup licked at her face and fingers before she was set down in her lap.

"Why do ya care so much bout this anyway?"

made by remi of isc

Search for Miracles[Past Thread/Open]Nov 15, 2021 15:00:08 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

Zakku handed out attention and affection at every dog that came towards him.  "Hello Baby!  Hello Baby!"  He greeted each one even if he'd already said hello.  "I've invested a bit of money into getting this information.  I'm kinda totally invested now."  He admitted though it was only half true.  There were the dark thoughts that had begun infiltrating his head but he was most sure he'd just paid for an expensive goose chase.   

"I haven't heard of a jewel called Heart of Suna but I'm also not in that lifestyle.  Jewels and that mess would be one of the fences."  Zakku talked casually as he spoiled Nai and other jealous puppies.  "Or would the heart of Suna mean the middle of the desert?  Like a Giant Pyramid appears out of the sand at exactly midday or when you play a specific tune."  The blue haired kid let out a chuckle.  "That'd be pretty cool actually."  

Search for Miracles[Past Thread/Open]Nov 15, 2021 22:20:44 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

can't you look at me?

arashi others

"I should ask how the hell ya even know what a fence is...nevermind...don't care..."

Putting her hand close to her face, she'd then sigh as it seemed that there was hardly anything she could do when it came with Zakku trying his hand at this. After all, he had been the one to get the man to open up, and while she was desperate, she wasn't about to get to the point where she'd start turning into something she wasn't just for a miracle. Otherwise..it probably wouldn't even work.

Though one possible suggestion did come to mind, leading to her blinking as she thought further on it.

"Giant Pyramid?..Wait a sec..."

Allowing her mouth to open partially, she'd then rise up as she held Jai within her arms, walking off for a moment as she seemed to be pacing from one side of the street to the next. It was how the girl did all her best thinking, when she was moving. Keeping one pattern and in one fluid motion, it seemed to allow her to access a lot of the stuff that lingered in her head. Despite what many people thought when it came the girl and her studies of late, especially since she made it a habit to skip class or just linger in the back of the room, the girl did pay attention.

"There was that one story....It was...something....something to do with Monks of Bishamon....During time after the second Kazekage's death, the village sought aid from the monks to help protect the village. During that time, there was said to be a place that they went to get materials and resources...maybe that place...is where the Heart of Sunagakure is...a place..."

It was a long shot...but of course, there was a problem with that...

"Too bad there aren't many monks that live in Sunagakure....There was that one guy that was on my team...but..he was a creepy overaged idiot..."

made by remi of isc

Search for Miracles[Past Thread/Open]Nov 19, 2021 2:59:21 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

Zakku wasn't going to reveal too easily why he knew about the fences.  Team 3 had needed quick money for alcohol and they were going to get it any way necessary at the time.    Watching Arashi stand up and talk about Monks Zakku looked at Nai and gave a few more pats before standing up tucking his hands into his pockets.  

"Well that leaves us with a couple of choices.  There had to be documents of some sort that we can try to find about the monks aid and where it came from or we can pay a visit to creepy perv Monk.  Maybe we could doll you up a bit so you could woo him.  Nai?  I'm gonna need you on hair duty.  The rest of you are in charge of makeup."  Zakku nodded slowly shifting his weight from one leg to another.  He'd never had dealings with monks or religious people in general.  He had a low tolerance for overly religious people and would actively avoid them.  This time it was looking more and more like it was unavoidable.

Search for Miracles[Past Thread/Open]Nov 26, 2021 20:43:46 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

can't you look at me?

arashi others

I'm sorry what?"

Arashi would blink as she soon watched the pack begin to move out, prompting her to blink as they seemed to be following Zakku's instructions as though she wasn't even there. With her hands thrown up in the air, even small Jai seemed to jump out of her pocket to accompany Nai as she gently placed the small pup upon her back.

"Zak...theres no way in hell I'm doin that! Umph!"

Feeling Nai's weight upon her back, the girl would kneel down as the large wolf would begin licking at her hair, seeming to groom it slowly as the tattered and wild locks were mended and seamlessly straightened. With the girl grumbling under her breath, she narrow her eyes at the blue haired boy as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"We can't go and seduce a monk...thats like....okay maybe we can seduce a monk...but theres no way in hell he'll buy it...Besides...why not just steal from them...or I catch one outside, knock em out and then we go and take what information...plus...if I'm too busy doin that....how the hell will ya know what to look for?"

The young girl was clearly trying to talk her way out of this. After all, she wasn't much for dressing up. She hated it. Not just because of how fake it made her feel, but of how this whole presentation would look.

"Why don't YOU try to seduce the monk!?"

made by remi of isc

Search for Miracles[Past Thread/Open]Nov 28, 2021 14:49:28 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

Zakku watched the dogs advance on Arashi and instantly started thinking about using his newfound wolf pack.  He could do so much evil with this power.  Watching as they knocked down Arashi Zakku pulled out his blunt and started to smoke it.  As she ranted he smoked watching with the same enthusiasm he'd shown watching their teacher give them a lecture in the academy.

"Oh so the great Arashi will need back up to get some information from a monk?"  He took a final drag and flicked the blunt away.  His hands came up in a single handsign and disappeared in a puff of smoke.  "Then we'll need some back up."

// Gurēsu //

Well somebody told me you had a boyfriend
Who looked like a girlfriend
That I had in February of last year
It's not confidential, I've got potential

Standing in Zakku's place was a girl.  Red hair tied into a bun and in a different version of Zakku's clothes.  Instead of his pants she was wearing a skirt that came down below her knees.  "You'll be having Guresu to back you up Girlfriend!"  She spun in place once then gave a peace sign to Arashi.  Her voice was eerily similar to Mioris showing Zakkus years of mocking his former teammate being put to use.

"You have no permission to tell anyone about this."  Zakku's original voice came back as she pointed at Arashi.  "This is for emergencies or tricking wealthy businessmen out of their money."  Coughing Guresu would return to her voice.  "So show me where these hunky monks are that you keep raving about!"  She happily said and offered Arashi her hand to help her up.