New team, new teammates [Wahei/Yoru]

compose a reply
New team, new teammates [Wahei/Yoru]Sept 2, 2021 8:00:02 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team

Early morning
302 words

Since joining the regular forces, Shigure had been assigned to Team 3, which was in the process of being formed. In the meantime, the already experienced Genin was being sent to missions, and doing his job as a Shinobi. But as his rank required, he was to be paired with two other fellow Genins and a sensei. Apparently the sensei was still busy with a mission or something, and due to that, Shigure took the initiative of reaching out to his new teammates by sending them a letter with an invitation for a training session at one of the Hidden Leaf's training grounds.

The training ground chosen was a quite classic one, near the woods and by a river. There were plenty of trees to hide and to practice a variety of techniques and weapon handling, as well as a large open area in case they wanted to train some combat. Shigure was also considerate enough to prepare a few different sets of bentou, so they could grab a snack later, and some refreshments in the form of water, tea and even some warm coffee in case they wanted to wake up a bit more before practice.

They should be arriving any time soon, and while he waited, Shigure sit near a wooden trunk, leaning his back against it in a relaxed way, but while he was doing that, he had his doujutsu activated, expanding his sight to a nearly 360 degree angle. Shigure could now see everything on a 650 metres radius; he wanted to be able to study his new teammates even before they arrived, but before they could see the young Hyuuga, he would deactivate his doujutsu, as he didn't want to intimidate them or anything like that.

made by eden @ gs and thq
Ren has written 1,690 posts
New team, new teammates [Wahei/Yoru]Sept 2, 2021 9:31:25 GMT -5
Wahei
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
age "15" years old birthday "September 28th" rank Chūnin occupation Iryō (Medic); Ne; 'Scientific'
Well. Well. How nice a "first opportunity" of something could be in our life? This is, in some way, especially over a certain peculiar perspective, a first opportunity to Wahei since he has never been invited to "team up" by a companion - the absence of Jonin wasn't something regular in the ninja system but let's focus on the thrilling part, shall we? - specially by a member of Hyuga Clan.

Don't get it wrong, Wahei isn't the kind of playboy neither a nerd that researches all about everything. He does have his basis though but he is more the "know things through life experience, not in the books" kind of guy. But, as a mednin he doesn't always has the privilege of "choosing". This time was different, and he wouldn't let the opportunity pass behind.

"How often you can get the chance of escaping this "study diving" routine and get some real action with good fellow comrades?" - so he thought while pushing his right feet into the ninja sandals - "I guess you would forgive me for this one, right, mom?" - and then he stand up in a sparkling move, grab his stuff that was duly organized and prepared for the occasion and run-off his apartment leaving the door unlocked.

As a heir of a very respected and renown medical ninja - Doctor Kazuhira - Wahei himself never had to worry about the economic aspects of life. It doesn't mean that he is rich or negligent with money - not in a worrying way, at least - but things like "being robbed" wasn't something that came across his mind. The good thing is that he were used to live in a nice neighborhood so there wasn't a reason to be worried about this kind of "details".

He went straightly to the indicated training camp and coincidentally [?] in the exactly moment when Shigure actived his doujutsu, he spotted in that very moment that Wahei was not only close but in a strange way he suddenly stopped in place. He looked above and start counting on his fingers like if he had forgot something. - Wait a minute! How am I suppose to introduce myself? Do I have, like, you know, to just be chill? - he was literally talking to himself with no clue of having someone around. - Well, he seem to be a very confident guy since he sent me a letter - and now Shigure would notice the boy sitting down in the middle of the woods - he seem to have taken a shortcut - and laying his chin on his hand in a very "thinking expression". - Am I suppose to be friendly? Ah! I don't even remember how I've behaved when I first met my former companions. What should I do? - and then he lifted up with his mind set - "Just be yourself and all will be fine. That's what the books said, though".

Shigure would probably think that his new companion was someone weird - and he certainly wouldn't be wrong. But as long as the boy come closer the Hyuga shut down his especially skills and started noticing him as, well, normal people do. Wahei assume a very confident posture and start to walking expressively - this was his attempt to look confident as the boy who has invited him - and vividly. When he come close enough - maybe to close for a first attempt - he saluted Shigure with his eyes closed. - My name is Kazuhira Tsukuru Wahei! I'm very thrilled to meet you, mate! - he never used that word [mate] in his life, but it seemed cooler to do it. His energetic meeting-speech was about to continue but when he opened his eyes and stared at Shigure's he realized what byakugan really means. - Holy shit! I didn't know you were blind. I am so sorry! - there isn't an easy way to describe his worrying face - Look! I'm a medninja, I promise that I will find a way to heal your eyes, ok!? - and he bend in compliment: it sounded emphatic in his own way.
last edit by Wahei on Sept 2, 2021 9:55:56 GMT -5
MissingNo has written 491 posts
New team, new teammates [Wahei/Yoru]Sept 2, 2021 13:32:08 GMT -5
Nara Yoru
Even shadows can live among the light
Nara Yoru Avatar
groupnull
age 13 years old birthday July 12 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 3
Yoru had gotten up on a calm and pleasant morning, but different from the morning, the boy was euphoric and at the same time nervous, he was assigned to a team along with two other genins , the boy was so anxious that he took a quick shower,wore his usual clothes and brushed his teeth, coming out of his room like a hurricane.

As soon as Yoru left the room, he decided to go to the kitchen to see what had to eat, he went from cupboard to cupboard opening each one to see if there was still some kind of loaf for him to eat, until he found it at the end of the shelf, he quickly took it and sat down to eat, after the boy finished eating, yoru hears a deep and familiar voice:
-Son! Letter to you.
It was yoru's father, an intelligent and cunning man, his voice was so calm, but they had a great effect, yoru goes to where he heard the voice, he says good morning to his father and asks:
-Dad, is this letter really for me? Because I wasn't expecting anyone's letter.
yoru's father looks at the letter again and says:
-Yes, son, look at your name.
Yoru decides to take the letter, he kept watching the letter carefully for a few minutes until he finally decides to read it.

Yoru quickly reads the letter reading basically the key words and what really mattered, until he saw he was invited to a training area, yoru rubbed his eyes a little and instantly his eyes started to glow, he started to think how many species of insects could exist along the way, he started to bounce around until he stopped to think about who sent him the letter, Shigure hyuuga, the name was not familiar, but the clan was, it was a very traditional clan in Konoha, Yoru looked impressed and said:
-Wow, a hyuuga! I've always been curious about the byakugan.
Yoru gives the letter to his father and asks him to keep it, after that the young Nara started walking towards the training area, again rubbing his eyes.
Yoru takes a while to get to the appointed place, he even wondered if he was late or not, Yoru was fascinated with the nature of the place, so many known trees and others he could still learn about, but he didn't go there for that, he walked until he finally reached the place the Hyuga had informed him, watching him and another boy, he approached slowly, looked at them and then looked away, his shyness took over, he couldn't say a word
lunins has written 101 posts
New team, new teammates [Wahei/Yoru]Sept 2, 2021 14:40:32 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team

Early morning
704 words

The first one to show up around the area was Wahei, but as he approached, he also suddenly stopped and started counting his fingers, which made Shigure arch one of his eyebrows, bewildered by the boy's behaviour. Wahei's behaviour to just sit in the middle of the woods also didn't help, and Shigure could definitely say he was curious to actually meet his peculiar teammate. The other one didn't seem much better, as he was getting side tracked in the woods with every bug and critter he would encounter, which made Shigure chuckle. "We are a group of misfits, are we not? Hahahaha!" he said to himself, shaking his head as he deactivated the Byakugan just in time for Wahei's arrival.

Standing up and cleaning the dirt and dust from his brown shorts, Shigure looked at the fair haired boy: Wahei didn't look much older than fifteen and was also slightly shorter than the Hyuuga. Upon spotting him, Shigure waved his hand a cracked a large smile on his face. "Yo!" he simple said. As Wahei got closer, he introduced himself. Shigure nodded and would start introducing himself as well, despite the previous letter. "Nice to me..." but before he could say anything else, Wahei seemed concerned with the fact that Shigure was "blind". He couldn't really believe the words initially and just blinked with a blank expression as he heard the boy's words.

The Hyuuga couldn't help himself but to laugh out loud with Wahei's words. He was touched that he wanted to heal him, but to have a Konohagakure Shinobi not knowing what the Byakugan was... That was very odd to say the least. After his little outburst, Shigure bowed to Wahei and clapped his hands in front of his body, apologising. "I'm so sorry, Wahei-kun! I didn't mean to laugh that hard... It's just... Hahaha... Those eyes of mine... They are the best eyes in the world!" he said with pride, pointing his thumb to his white eyes. "You are not originally from the Hidden Leaf, are you?" he asked with a kind tone, but before he could hear an answer, he noticed the approach of their other teammate, who seemed a bit shy and just stood there, looking away.

"You must be Nara Yoru, right?" he gently asked the boy. "As you may already know, I'm Hyuuga Shigure, your teammate and the one who invited you guys for this little meeting. Our sensei is away on a mission, but I don't want to waste a lot of time so... Why don't we all properly introduce ourselves? I can start if you guys prefer!" he said, pausing for a brief moment, just to see if they would agree, but he started speaking nonetheless. "I'm the heir of the Hyuuga clan, and since Wahei-kun seems to not know much about that, the Hyuuga are one of the oldest and most powerful clans in the Hidden Leaf. We have a powerful doujutsu, and that's why my eyes look this way... It's the Byakugan on its inactive form." he said, before frowning his brows and making the veins pop out on the sides of his face. Wahei would see a semblance of irises forming inside the formerly white eyes, and those veins didn't look like natural biology, showing him that Shigure's body was different. Shigure would then deactivate it and continue his introduction. "Well... Our Kekkei Genkai allows us Hyuuga to see in a three-hundred and sixty degree. We can see through any barrier, and even see at a microscopic level. I can see the colour of your chakra, and I can also see the chakra pathway system inside your bodies, and thanks to that and our unique Taijutsu, I can open or close the tenketsus in your body." he said with a proud smile.

"Our style, the Gentle Fist, focuses on using chakra to cause internal damage to the organs rather than physical damage. And should go without saying that my main specialty is Taijutsu. I have some affinity with Ninjutsu, but I'm not very good with Genjutsu. I can use Fire Release as well, and I like to think my Shurikenjutsu is decent." he nodded as he concluded his little introduction.

last edit by Hyūga Shigure on Sept 2, 2021 14:40:50 GMT -5
New team, new teammates [Wahei/Yoru]Sept 2, 2021 16:16:41 GMT -5
Nara Yoru
Nara Yoru Avatar
groupnull
Yoru looked at Shigure, looking a little arrogant, he nods his head, answering the previous question, yoru was quite shy at that moment, he swallowed hard, took a deep breath and whispered:-y-your b-byakugan looks pretty n-nice.

After that the boy turned red as a pepper and stuck his head inside his shirt like an ostrich sticks his head in the ground, he thought:-Why am I so nervous? They seem like nice people, but I can't even get a sentence right without looking like a runaway train.

Yoru slowly returned to normal, the boy looked at Wahei with curiosity, as the boy never seemed to have heard of the hyuuga clan, much less the nara clan, yoru in a brave attempt,also talked about his clan:-T-the Nara clan i-is known here in k-konoha for their manipulation of shadows.

yoru seemed very confident when he said that to wahei, since yoru is well used to this technique due to his constant training, he was able to express in words what really symbolized his clan, in his own way, but he did it, just by doing it Yoru felt fulfilled, it was a small step, but with small actions that huge changes can be achieved.
last edit by Nara Yoru on Sept 2, 2021 16:47:29 GMT -5
New team, new teammates [Wahei/Yoru]Sept 3, 2021 21:06:31 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
age "15" years old birthday "September 28th" rank Chūnin occupation Iryō (Medic); Ne; 'Scientific'
Both teammates would easily notice that Wahei wasn't a regular kind of Shinobi. He doesn't have a common social skill so basically everithing through a conversation was either curious and exciting for him. He honestly didn't understood why Shigure was laughting at first but that didn't bothered him - on the other hand, he felt good because in some way he happened to being fun. - No need for apologizes, mate - he instantly replied while Shigure was taking back his breath, with a very friendly smile. "The best eyes in the world looks 'blind'? Maybe he's using a metaphor... I'm not sure.." - and the smile turned into his wondering face.

The next boy to arrive was from the Nara clan. Yes, he had heard of them. No, he didn't remembered what he heard about. So, for him, it was all about fresh news - Hajimemashite! - he said in a very enthusiastic way. Yes, he had social problems and sometimes he freezes - in a thinking way of saying - for not knowing what to do, but it didn't mean that he didn't want to be social or to interact with other fellow ninjas. It quite the opposite, actually. Despite not have said anything else, the look in his eyes said a lot more, and he was happy for meeting both teammates.

The conversation follow its natural course and as the veteran and the probably future leader of the team - considering the way things were going so far - Shigure has performed a plentiful introduction and it was certainly welcome by Wahei. The Hyuga would easily notice that Wahei was genuinely thrilled and excited about - basically everything? - all he was telling about his clan, traditions and Kekkei Genkai. Which probably gave even more fuel to his inner flame. - Amazing! Absolutely amazing! I mean, I first thought you were being, like, metaphorical, you know? Like "by being blind I was able to reach a totally different level of 'viewing' and stuff", but now I get! Ha-ha! Seems pretty obvius actualy, right? 'Byaku-gan'! I mean "duh", right? - he was pretty much talking more to himself than to Shigure or Yoru but this was a peculiar sparkling behavior that he learned by living with Doctor Kazuhira.

Despite of his monologue or whatever, Yoru complimented the dojutsu and that's when Wahei dropped the "wondering" face again to his usual "smiling" and literally pointing his finger to Yoru - having no clue that it could poke his shy nature - to give choir to his opinion - RIGHT!? I mean, this is truly amazing... - and he moved his hands into the back of his head trying to hold his excitement. His eyes jumped from Shigure to Yoru when the boy succinctly spoke about his clans ability. He was about to complete his sentence but he let Yoru take the stand and talk about himself.

Afterwards he immediately continued his sentence smiling for Yoru, but referring to Shigure - Like, you are totally in the position of being our 'Taichō' (隊長) - there wasn't any sign of resentment, competition, greed or even joy from this comment. That was simply the perception of someone who was clearly observing the rhythm of the team and assuming that what was going to happen. - I mean... Yoru I am very fascinated with the possibilities of your 'shadow' skills, I've heard of that related to your clan, the Nara clan, but coming to think of how Shigure take the lead to inviting us and now knowing that he has this 360º degrees sight... I mean... I don't see how it could possibly work otherwise... I mean... I'd be thrilled to follow your lead, mister! - it was the same time wierd and exciting seeing Wahei speaking about this kind of details with such naturality and enthusiasm.

- Oh! Right! Me! Duh, right? As I've introduced myself before, my name is Kazuhira Tsukuru Wahei, I'm not a member of any clan or have any super-incredible kekkei genkai or hijutsus, but my super power is saving lives! I mean... I'm studying to become an Iryo! - he assumed a "super hero" pose, making an modified Ox seal and then the Tiger, afterwards rising his both arms in 90º degree angle in front of him but also pointing into both Yoru's and Shigure's direction, while concentrating and channeling his chakra. Shigure would notice in details but Yoru would also be able to see a sparkling green chakra flowing from his hands. - "Shōsen Jutsu" (掌仙術, Mystical Palm Technique - he said, but Shigure would also notice that despite of his impressive chakra flow, that technique wasn't something that Wahei could handle or truly use in battle. But it wouldn't be necessary to say it to him because sooner as the technique was making him sweat, he complemented: - Or the closest I can get to it, yet. - again, Wahei seem to be very confident of being in a position that do not reveal his best side. - Unfortunately I still got a lot to go through until calling myself a medical ninja, but this kind of techniques are hard pills to swallow, you know? - there was, though, a burning spirit wishing to flame up. But for now, he ended up by cleaning the sweat with his arms, making that "smiling face" again.
last edit by Wahei on Sept 3, 2021 21:19:32 GMT -5
New team, new teammates [Wahei/Yoru]Sept 5, 2021 16:41:23 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull

Early morning
376 words

Following Shigure's brief introduction and explanation about himself, his techniques and overall style, he was ready to listen to what his teammates had to share about themselves. Wahei seemed to be really impressed with the power of the Byakugan and that made Shigure feel proud of himself, as he widened his smile and nodded. "Hahahaha! That is fine! It is good though. If our opponents think I'm blind, that's the best case scenario, as they will make mistakes we will be able to take advantage of!" he added to Wahei's remarks. Yoru, although shy, mentioned that his Byakugan looked really nice, and Shigure nodded to him. "Thank you, Yoru-kun! I still have a long way to go to develop my doujutsu, but I will get there, with your help!" he said in a quite friendly tone.

Yoru then talked - albeit briefly - about himself, mentioning the Nara clan's hijutsu and Shigure nodded. "Ah, the Nara clan's hijitsu is famous in the Hidden Leaf. What else are you good with, Yoru-kun? Taijutsu? Genjutsu?" he asked, as he wanted to get a good feel on what his team was capable of. After saying that, Wahei commented that he could be their captain, and that made Shigure blush a bit and scratch the back of his head in mild embarrassment. "I appreciate your faith in me, Wahei-kun... But I'm not sure I'm qualified for such an important position! But if it comes to that, I will do my best to make sure we are all safe, and that we fulfill our missions!" and his tone carried plenty of conviction.

Shigure could barely contain his excitement when Wahei mentioned that he wanted to become a med-nin and that he was training for that. "That's fantastic, Wahei-kun! If you need any help in your training, well... I can literally see the interior of a human body, the veins, the nerves, all that... I don't know what all that means, but I'm sure we will be able to develop some amazing team work! And having you here to patch us up will make a hell of a difference!" he added with a chuckle of excitement.

New team, new teammates [Wahei/Yoru]Sept 5, 2021 17:26:23 GMT -5
Nara Yoru
Nara Yoru Avatar
groupnull
Yoru, still very embarrassed, looked at Shigure, the young hyuuga can see that Yoru really can't communicate that well due to his excessive shyness, he replies to the boy:
-W-Well, i-I d-do well with G-genjutsu too.
After that the boy hid his face between one of his hands and his other hand started to move in his little chameleon bag, which was very noticeable.

Yoru felt a little better with the friendly natural Shigure, it looked like shigure managed to make Yoru feel more and more comfortable talking to his good new friends, he looked at Wahei and saw that he looks like a Very cool boy, he listens briefly to what he says and asks:
-Y-you d-don't think S-shigure-san h-has a lot of responsibilities? I-I agree that he's the leader, b-but.
The boy crashes, his words couldn't get out anymore and if they did, they sounded like razors, the boy decided to just be quiet and wait for them to talk more about their meeting and why shigure called them

Yoru listens with his great ears about the fact that Wahei wants to be a medical ninja, he looks at Wahei with a real smile, but it looked forced and says:
-i-i think your d-dream is v-very n-noble, d-don't give up!
Yoru seemed very determined when he finished speaking, he was even surprised how he managed to sound determined, but just for this little effort, he was very happy, he turns his gaze to Shigure and asks:
-S-Shigure-san,w-why did you call us to t-this training camp, w-what are we going to learn?
The boy looked really confused and waited for the hyuuga to answer him.
New team, new teammates [Wahei/Yoru]Sept 8, 2021 11:25:40 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
Wahei was very excited by how things were going in his first new-teammates meeting. He nodded in an affirmative way to Shigure sincerely thrilled by the chance of making use of his sight of the insides of the human body. That for sure would be extremely useful in several situations - Perhaps if you were there my former team wouldn't have died in battle - this could sound like a sensitive topic but Wahei continued to be chilled while talking about his former comrades death.

It was almost apathetic, actually, but somehow not in a disrespectful way. - I mean... As a battlefield medic, my role is to cheat death whenever I can. Your eyes will certainly come in handy! - Despite of the words, his tone wasn't bossy or nothing like that. On the contrary, since he willingly embraced the teammate's skill as part of his own and hopefully expect that the others would do the same with his own techniques. The same would eventually apply to the Nara's skills too although he didn't realized yet how he could possibly make use of his skills.

As Yoru spoke about his affinity to genjutsu it triggered an old thought that every now and then come across into Wahei's mind - This is absolutely incredible! Albeit I still have long way to go to enhance my medical skills, I have in mind combining it both to work through mental and psychological aspects of my patients - he closed his right hand, constantly light punching his other hand that was wide open, while speaking to the team about his strategy - I'd call this the double-edge sword of Iryo - and he smile get slightly malicious - I mean, I was told that your doctors can either be a best friend or worst enemy. - he nodded affirmatively as someone who agrees with himself, but now he was remembering Dr. Kazuhira words when he started studying the Iryo techniques.

- But that's for the long-term though. What you guys' are up to for today? - he knew they weren't in oficial mission but he was up to get along with the team, including to a simple hanging out. But embracing Yoru's question, his eyes jumped from the Nara to the Hyuga clearly wondering what Shigure had in mind for the day. - Oh. Do you intend to teach us something? I''ve probably missed that part. - he was wondering if he was truly missing something or if the Nara was the one who misunderstood the letter. Either way he was just anxious waiting to whatever it was planned, not really judging or anything like that.
New team, new teammates [Wahei/Yoru]Sept 9, 2021 11:23:39 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull

Early morning
440 words

So Wahei had lost former teammates as well, that was tough and Shigure could definitely relate to that. With a firm nod, he looked at the fair haired boy. "Pehaps, Wahei-kun... But also, if you were a part of my previous team, maybe they would still be alive as well... But no use thinking about the past, all we can do is move forward, ain't that right?!" he said with an energetic tone and a smile, determined not to let this topic spoil the mood for the day. Back to the main topic, he glanced back to Yoru when he mentioned that he was good with Genjutsu and that was a relief. Shigure chuckled lightly and started at the youngest yet tallest of the bunch. "That's fantastic, Yoru-kun! I'm terrible with Genjutsu, so it's a relief I can count on you for that!" he said, throwing him a thumbs up.

Wahei seemed even more excited with Yoru's revelation and mentioned that he was also interested in the arts of illusion, which was really good. That meant Shigure wouldn't have to really worry too much about it when they were in mission. Yoru, in turn, seemed to like Wahei's dreams, and on that alone, Shigure could see the potential for their team work and development. This was a good team, he concluded, and he would do his very best to make sure they would grow together so the trio could reach their true potential.

In light of their decision to make Shigure their unofficial leader in the absence of their sensei, he gladly accepted that position, being no stranger to holding a leadership position. "Well, I guess I can be the taichou... I'm the heir to my clan, after all! Leadership is something I truly need to develop a bit better!" he admitted with a light chuckle. "Alright then! So... From what I gathered, Wahei-kun has a bit of field experience, but Yoru-kun is fresh out of the academy..." he said, touching his chin and rubbing it a bit in a thoughtful expression, until something clicked and he slammed his right fist on his left open palm. "Perfect! Yoru-kun, do you know how to use your chakra to walk vertically on surfaces?" he asked the youngest although he was pretty sure he did not. Then, he glanced over to Wahei. "As for you, how is your Taijutsu and Shurikenjutsu?" he asked him.

From the quick analysis of their bodies, he was pretty sure both of them were not that used to Taijutsu, as they looked rather slender and their hands lack the calluses that comes from intense physical training.

New team, new teammates [Wahei/Yoru]Sept 9, 2021 19:53:41 GMT -5
Nara Yoru
Nara Yoru Avatar
groupnull
When yoru listened to shigure's brief words, praising the boy talent with genjutsu, it made yoru feel really good and even embarrassed, he said with a shy smile:
-T-thank you S-Shigure-san!
He spoke in a very enthusiastic tone that still retained his shy nature.

The boy heard Shigure and Wahei talking about their old teams and their past traumas, just hearing what Shigure said, made the young Nara who already respected him, began to respect him even more, also admiring his qualities, Shigure could become a great leader, Yoru speaks softly:
-You have a lot of r-responsibilities...

After that Yoru listened carefully to what Shigure was asking, he starts rubbing his eyes, transmitting a more tired look and with few hours of sleep, which wasn't wrong, he finally looks at Shigure and answers:
-D-don't know,b-but I can try!

The boy looked more and more excited, so excited he almost couldn't contain it, it was a normal training day, but for yoru it was something else, something to overcome his shyness? No, Yoru felt that a beautiful friendship could grow from there, but due to his way of thinking that not everything is eternal, but it felt different, Yoru never felt like this, so comfortable
New team, new teammates [Wahei/Yoru]Sept 10, 2021 20:30:02 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
Wahei listened to every word of his teammates with his usual widely smile. But he also manage to get a even widely smile when Shigure started explaining his plans for the day. Yoru was a "fresh" genin so he still haven't learn some basics about ninja techniques and chakra control - Let me know should can I somehow help you to go through this, Yoru-san - he tone was kindly but at the same time respectful, since they both would probably be able to tell that his intention was to assist Shigure and not push him aside or anything like this. But soon enough he'd realize that what was prepared for him would also be challenging. - Taijutsu and Shuriken jutsu? They are fine, I guess... - he put his hand under his chin with the same thinking expression used before - I mean, I'm not, like, an expert or anything, but I can defend myself. I'm better in shurikenjutsu then I am in Taijutsu, but I have a few CQC tricks, you know? - and he assumed his guard, positioned to Shigure waiting to the next step - wondering if he was suppose to attack, but also attentive in case Shigure tried anything to test his skills. He on purpose did not mention that he is ambidextrous.

OFF: guys, I'll be very busy this wknd so should you guys want to skip my turns and move along with Yoru training, please, feel free to do so!
last edit by Wahei on Sept 10, 2021 20:38:07 GMT -5
New team, new teammates [Wahei/Yoru]Sept 11, 2021 8:38:04 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull

Morning
515 words

They all had many responsibilities as a Shinobi, so Shigure looked at Yoru and nodded. "We, who lost companions, have a great responsibility... To carry on their will of fire! But right now all of us have a responsibility: to never leave a comrade behind!" he said in an energetic tone, showing just how determined he was to make sure they wouldn't follow the same tragic path of their former teams. Following that and back at the subject at hand, Yoru admitted he still didn't know how to use the Tree Climbing technique, and that was expected; from the report, he was fresh out of the academy.

Wahei offered to assist him with the training as well, and Shigure was absolutely loving this team dynamic. He knew they would be able to excel in their teamwork and he was already thinking on having pre-established formations so they could better coordinate in battle with little to no communication. It would be fantastic! But that was something for the future. For now, he wanted to better access their skill, and make sure Yoru would be prepared to face the challenges ahead, and the tree climbing and water walking techniques were paramount for a Shinobi going out on missions.

Wahei seemed confident enough in his skill with ninja tools, and although his Taijutsu seemed to be on his weaker side, he didn't seem too concerned about that, which was good. Despite the gap in age, he looked like a competent Shinobi. Glancing over to Yoru, Shigure pointed at his feet. "Alright, Yoru-kun! So, to be able to use the Tree Climbing technique, you need to focus on your chakra control! I know that's easier said than done, but I'm pretty good with chakra control myself, so I will give you some pointers: you need to focus a fixed amount of chakra at the bottom of your feet. If you use too much chakra, you might break the bark of the tree, or the surface of the place you are trying to climb... If you don't use enough chakra, you won't be able to sustain your body weight... The concept is kinda like magnetics... I will be looking at your chakra pathway system as we go, so I will be able to tell you if that's too much or too little, okay?" he said with a kind smile on his face.

Then, as promised, Shigure made a single hand seal. "Byakugan!" the veins popped out on the sides of his face and he could now see through any barriers, and Yoru's chakra pathway system was there, clear as daylight. "Don't worry if I'm not facing you, I can see all around myself! Meanwhile..." and his gentle smile turned into an almost mischievous smirk as his body was now facing Wahei. "I will see how strong you really are, Wahei-kun! Let's do a shinobi spar!" he said, raising the two fingers, a signal that he was ready to fight. "You can come at me with everything you've got! I'm tough! Hehe!" he said, giving a fair warning to his comrade.

New team, new teammates [Wahei/Yoru]Sept 18, 2021 11:25:50 GMT -5
Nara Yoru
Nara Yoru Avatar
groupnull
In that training camp, yoru could only focus on two things now: Shigure's advice and the tree, the boy closes his eyes quickly, as a way to concentrate and focus his chakra on the palm of his foot.

For a brief moment yoru manages to focus the chakra in the designated place, but for one slip he puts too much and when he runs towards the tree, he is thrown back, but before he marks where he arrived with a kunai that he took from his bag, the tree trunk seems to have broken a bit, but yoru is not disappointed or sad, but excited, he wants to walk over that tree at all costs, he wants to reach its top, after that he is impressed and thinks aloud:
-Chakra is an incredible force! Just by putting it on my toes I was thrown! Okay, I'll try again!
The boy closes his eyes again, focusing his chakra, but now he put little and as Shigure said, the boy couldn't even go up, he slipped and fell to the ground like a banana peel.
That experience gave you learning and made him try more and more, he could train until he passed out just to learn that technique.
New team, new teammates [Wahei/Yoru]Sept 20, 2021 15:39:40 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
Waheikeeped his positive atitude while Shigure explained to Yoru what he needed to know so he could perform a "Kinobori" jutsu. Wahei himself nodded along the explanation as if he could truly revive the moment when Doc. Kazuhira told him how to concentrate and control his chakra. Shigure was far way nicer then her, though.

Wahei was so dived into that moment along with the explanation that for a second he didn't realize that Shigure ended his initial instruction to Yoru and was literally inviting him to a Shinobi sparring. Even knowing that he wouldn't stand a chance against his companion, Wahei genuinely wide-smiled to him and connected their fingers "Good for you, Wahei! This could truly mean that you already are a comrade and in a closest position to have a first friend." - so he thought to himself while gladly glancing to Shigure in his typically positive atitude. - Sorry, I've just froze. I mean, watching you teaching Yoru have throw me back into a good 'n ol' moment and I kinda' of get lost. You know? - he then stepped back taking a short distance, straight up his posture and assumed his CQC posture. - Shall we begin? - he winked but when his eyes opened his glance changed completely and became confident.

Not for long, though. After his first attempt to get into Shigure's defensive position, they could heard the crack of the tree which inevitably get their attention. Shigure would probably say something to Yoru because he was clearly using more chakra than needed and Wahei would wait until he gets a new green light to proceed. Well, that would not take longer to occur but right after the first trial, they would heard the boy slippery into the tree trunk for the second try, meaning he now had used less chakra than needed. Wahei then laughed. - Well, we all have been there, right? - he shrugged - not in a offensive way - and complemented - Words are sweet and soft compared to getting 'em into action, right? But don't worry, soon enough you will find your break even point, Yoru-san! Ganbatte! - he thumbs up to his companion, and once again turned he's attention to Shigure - We have waited enough, right? - he stared him in a "I'm - finally? - coming" and in the moment that he got the "eye contact confirmation" he jumped right into Shigure to strike basic CQC blows. More specifically: a left jab followed by a right one, both aiming his face. Then he would attempt a right regular straight-kick that would oblige Shigure to block ou dodge.

He was expecting for a block, so he could use his defense as balance support to jump backwards performing a perfect backflip-kick in an almost hidden angle that Shigure's byakugan would easily predict but only a high-level skilled person could've notice. As said before, Wahei wasn't aware of Hyuga clan secret techniques or abilities. So a jyuken would easily penetrate his movement weak spots - he wasn't exactly skilled in Taijutsu even though he could perform some acrobatic moves because of his ambidexterity and specific defensive CQC training basis - but for this first attempt he was trying to see for himself what the byakugan could actually do or, in this case, see. Understanding the jyuken would have to wait mainly because for now he wouldn't even consider the possibility of Shigure using it or even how it could possibly work.

In case Shigure dodged instead of blocking his previous kick, he would only move along with the attempts until he get the chance to use a quick and hard to notice kick following the same strategy afore to get some real action proof of Byakugan's skills. He wouldn't never try anything that could harm or truly put Shigure in danger, though. Eventually the Hyuga would notice that despite of not being truly skilled in Taijutsu, Wahei had a lot of dexterity and probably a few tricks hidden under his sleeves. He would also eventually notice that combat-Wahei was a totally different person compared to social-Wahei. And somehow this other version of his was challenging in a rivalry good-way.

last edit by Wahei on Sept 20, 2021 15:51:31 GMT -5