Bloody Mist [C-Rank Mission - Team 2]

compose a reply
Bloody Mist [C-Rank Mission - Team 2]Oct 20, 2021 16:56:12 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
In this world, the weak are the sustenance of the strong. The strong live, the weak die
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
age 33 years old birthday June 18 rank Elite Jounin occupation Genin Team Leader (Team 2)
We are violence

The new Mizukage was keeping everyone busy as missions kept on pouring down. Some shinobi - the lazy bunch - were complaining about the sheer amount of work that was being demanded from them, but others, like Kyouka, were actually in bliss; she liked being busy, and that also meant she got to spill some blood, and all for the betterment of the Hidden Mist Village. What was not to like about that? She even took a few missions together with the Mizukage himself, and as much as it pained her to admit, the brat was as strong as a Jounin, maybe not yet on an elite level, but he didn't bring any shame to the position, which just meant it would be harder, and take longer to eventually depose him, if she still wanted the seat herself. Still, she caught herself second guessing that as of late, but there was no use overthinking it for now.

Kyouka also had to take the brats to a mission, and while the normal protocol is to take them for a menial task of a D-Rank, heck, she had no stomach for those useless things; if anything, she would send them to do that on their own. But for a C-Rank, they could use her help, and it would look really bad if they ended up dying like idiots, especially considering the fact that Toru had grown close to the brats.

Her instructions were quite simple as per usual:

"Hello darlings,

We are going on a mission together! Isn't that great?! It's no big deal, just a C-Rank, but it's your chance to show me your growth and help the village!

I will be seeing you at 7 am, at the North gate. I hope you are all there on time, because the mission may get a little harder with a broken ribcage! Just kidding! -not

Love,

Kyouka-tan"

About ten minutes before 7 am, Kyouka made her way to the North gate, where she waited for her team while sipping some water from one of her bottles.

and this is hell

358 w
C-Rank Mission

made by eden @ gs and thq
Ren has written 284 posts
Bloody Mist [C-Rank Mission - Team 2]Oct 22, 2021 9:11:19 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
A true justice must be served.
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday Feburary 22nd rank Chuunin occupation

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE
There is only one path left to take.

Another mission was at their feet, and Kasumi had to be honest. She was excited. She was enjoying the C rank missions that had been pouring in over and over for the last few weeks since Toru became the Mizukage. The village was busy as ever, and she wasn't cut out for all the missions that were arriving... but she was getting better and better at it.

Not to mention the pre mission jitters were all but nonexistent now.

She'd yet to go on one with her sensei, though, which wasn't all that shocking. Kyoka was an elite jounin and with all the new missions someone of her skill was likely in high demand. It didn't stop her annoying habit of telling bad jokes, though.

Kasumi crumpled up the letter, tossing it carelessly towards a nearby trash bin. It landed perfectly, though. She was a ninja, after all.

Should she go get Kazue herself, so he wasn't late? Might be a safer idea... but Kasumi didn't want to make the stop. He was on the other side of the village. Instead she went right towards the gates. She'd get there only shortly after Kyoka did, twirling a kunai in her hand.

"Aa. You're early." She'd say, looking at her teacher with slight jealousy still. "What's the mission, then? Something fun, I hope. Better than the last one me and Kazue got dragged to, I hope."

If she had to take more notes, she would quickly get irritated. She needed a promotion, so she could start taking some of the more intense missions.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Keeping this ability active has a medium drain on Kasumi's chakara.

Kenjutsu Training:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Jutsu used:

Bloo has written 496 posts
Bloody Mist [C-Rank Mission - Team 2]Oct 29, 2021 21:45:35 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
If you're not bleeding, you aren't trying hard enough.
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
age 19 years old birthday November 30th rank Advanced Genin occupation
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]
[attr="class","laycake-top"]
[attr="class","laycake-top-slant-1"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-slant-2"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-img"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-icon"][attr="class","th th-skull"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric"]MIZERABLE

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-2"]I LOVED YOU TOO MUCH AND YOU ARE NOW ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL laughing softly

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-4"]around and round... in the time left behind, I am now

[attr="class","laycake-mid"]

[attr="class","laycake-icon"]

[attr="class","laycake-lyric"]Falling deeply into an almost forgotten dream[break]I am now Les Miserables

[attr="class","laycake-mid-1"]
[attr="class","laycake-tag-1"]
[attr="class","laycake-tag"]

mizerable gackt

[attr="class","laycake-mid-2"]

Kazue had a wide grin plastered on his face when he got the news. He and Kasumi were going on another mission, which meant they got to look good for the shinobi brass, and some good pay for himself. They were going on the mission with Kyouka however, and while that meant he was sure there was going to be blood involved, maybe it would be some of the enemy's blood instead of their own. Kazue wasn't afraid of Kyouka -- not truly. But fighting her did suck, especially with her mastery over the Hydrification technique. He did wish he had something to help deal with it, but he guessed he didn't need to be fighting his teacher, really. Not at the moment, anyways.[break][break]Kazue emerged from the opposing pathway to the gates at the same time as Kazue, since he was on the other side of the village and all. He was sure his ribs would be fine with his bloodline technique and everything, but it still would be a drag to start the mission with them. Kasumi made a remark, hopeful about this mission since it might be more exciting than the one that they had with Toru. "Eh. Wasn't so bad. Not a lot of action though, either." He tucked his hands into his pockets as he awaited word from Kyouka, waiting for whatever she was about to say. He was geared up of course, his sword at his hip.[break][break]

[attr="class","laycake-lyric-2"]my feelings will never reach you... I'll put them in a sigh

[attr="class","laycake-overlay"]

[googlefont=Kumar+One+Outline:400]
[googlefont=Abril+Fatface:400]
[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[newclass=.laycake]margin:25px 0px;width:600px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;background-color:#e9e9e9; }.laycake-top { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;border-top:solid 2px #000000;width:600px;height:250px;background-color:#b09494;position:relative;overflow:hidden;text-shadow:.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px .75px 0px #000000, -.75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px -.75px 0px #000000; }
.laycake-top-slant-1 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;margin-top:100px;border-left:solid 250px #ffffff;border-bottom:solid 75px #ffffff;border-top:solid 75px transparent;border-right:solid 250px transparent; }.laycake-top-slant-2 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-right:solid 250px #bd3939;border-bottom:solid 125px #bd3939;border-top:solid 125px transparent;border-left:solid 250px transparent;margin-left:150px; }.laycake-top-img { height:250px;width:650px;background-image:url(https://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/17/61/09/29/kazue_14.jpg);mix-blend-mode:multiply;position:absolute;z-index:1; }
.laycake-top-icon { font-size:170px;line-height:170px;text-align:right;width:570px;margin-top:35px;position:absolute;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric { position:absolute;font:60px Kumar One Outline;color:#eeeeee;letter-spacing:6.9px;z-index:2;line-height:60px;text-align:right;width:548px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 { margin:160px 0px 0px 66px;background-color:#000000;position:absolute;z-index:2;padding:10px 0px 10px 5px;width:465px;text-align:center;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:4.45px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric-3 { font:112px Kumar One Outline;position:absolute;z-index:2;letter-spacing:-4px;line-height:126px;color:#eeeeee;text-align:right;width:540px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 { background:linear-gradient(to right,rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,1));color:#eeeeee!important;text-shadow:none;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:3px;color:#eeeeee;width:515px;text-align:right;margin-top:50px;position:absolute;z-index:2; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#bd3939;line-height:10px; }.laycake-mid { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WvBL93G/Aist-Firre.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left; }.laycake-mid table { border-spacing:0px; }.laycake-icon { height:100px;width:100px;position:absolute;margin:-35px 0px 0px -15px;z-index:10;border:solid 2px #000000;padding:13px;border-radius:100%;background-color:#eeeeee; }.laycake-icon img { height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%; }.laycake-lyric { background-color:#000000;padding:15px 13px 15px 25px;display:inline-block;margin:35px 35px 35px 95px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2.6px;white-space:nowrap; }.laycake-mid-1 { padding:0px 35px 110px 35px; }.laycake-mid-2 { font:12px Roboto;padding-left:30px;padding:0px 25px 0px 40px;text-align:justify;color:#222222;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #e9e9e9; }.laycake-mid-2 b { color:#bd3939; }.laycake-mid-2 i { color:#888888; }.laycake-tag { margin-top:75px;letter-spacing:1px;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;line-height:10px;transform:rotate(-90deg);background-color:#bd3939;padding:15px;transform-origin:0px 0px;position:absolute; }.laycake-tag a { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee!important;text-decoration:none; }.laycake-lyric-2 { background-color:#000000;padding:15px;float:right;margin:-75px 35px 0px 105px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px; }.laycake-lyric b, .laycake-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-overlay { height:300px;width:80px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WnfdXNC/AisFire.png);mix-blend-mode:multiply;[/newclass]
Kyte has written 182 posts
Bloody Mist [C-Rank Mission - Team 2]Oct 30, 2021 17:31:24 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
In this world, the weak are the sustenance of the strong. The strong live, the weak die
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
age 33 years old birthday June 18 rank Elite Jounin occupation Genin Team Leader (Team 2)
We are violence

Kasumi was - of course - the first one to show up and Kyouka gave her a large smile, showing her pearly white, sharp teeth. The young Momochi was eager, and that was a good quality. "Oh, don't worry Kasumi-chan! Ya know me! I won't take you guys to anything boring!" she said, chuckling lightly. "But let's wait for Kazue-chan before I give you a brief of the... Oh, there he is!" she interrupted her own sentence when she caught a glimpse of the young Kaguya approaching them, who came in time to hear, and complement Kasumi's remark on their last mission.

"Very well, let me talk about our mission then!" she said, pausing briefly. "We are to travel to Chigiri no Shima, it's an old outpost we have... Nothing too crazy over there, just fisherman and their families. We need to show our support for their work and lifestyle, give them a tax break from us, and... Well, the mission says ward off any bandits that are lurking in the area." she said, shaking her heard and chuckling a bit more. "However, I don't believe in rehabilitation of criminals so... We are not warding them off, we are slaughtering them. All of them, down to the last one, and making an example out of it. Sounds good, kids?" she asked, holding her hands together near her face and leaning her head to the side in a cute way, if it hadn't followed her statement about murder and mayhem.

Then, without waiting too long for their answers, she would turn on her heels and started heading towards the exit of the village. "Well, come on now! We have people to save and morons to kill! Hihihihi!" and her excited tone when mentioning murder may have been off putting to some, but at this point, Kasumi and Kazue would've gotten used to it. Or maybe not.

and this is hell

329 w
C-Rank Mission

Bloody Mist [C-Rank Mission - Team 2]Nov 7, 2021 9:13:12 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kazue was impressively punctual, considering his tendency to get lost when trying to do these things. Kasumi was almost impressed, though she hadn't let it show at all. Instead she focused on Kyouka as her sensei explained the mission to the both of them. It sounded similar to the one she had gone on with Asuka in the past. She had a feeling that it would go very differently, though.

"Good morning, Kazue. Hope you're ready for some exercise."

When in the company of Kazue and Kyouka-sensei, there was always a more interesting outcome.

"Killing bandits and giving tax breaks to the citizens. It's like we're true heroes of the realm. Heh." Kyouka was excited about the killing part, and Kasumi was used to that type of reaction from the older woman. She had a feeling Kazue would be equally excited about the opportunity for bloodshed. "I've had to kill bandits for another mission before, as well. It wasn't enough of a challenge, if I'm being honest. I was hoping to get real combat experience."

Killing was, after all, a large part of being a ninja. There was no way that Kasumi could get squeamish about it and continue her career path in Kirigakure.

Kasumi would look confident as she followed her sensei towards the outpost. She would quickly make sure she had all of her gear with her, at the least, though. She had already sharpened her blade and weapons, but maybe it was a nervous tick to be double checking?

She thought it was just being properly prepared.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Kenjutsu Training:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Jutsu used:

Bloody Mist [C-Rank Mission - Team 2]Dec 1, 2021 2:15:16 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-2"]I LOVED YOU TOO MUCH AND YOU ARE NOW ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL laughing softly

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-4"]around and round... in the time left behind, I am now

[attr="class","laycake-lyric"]Falling deeply into an almost forgotten dream[break]I am now Les Miserables

mizerable gackt

As he arrived at the agreed-upon meeting place for the debrief, Kasumi said good morning to him, and he would nod in her direction. "Yo." Having the usual composed manner when he wasn't fighting anyone yet. With that, their sensei would excitedly get into the details of the mission. They were to go to a village and protect it from bandits. Though, with Kyouka, that meant that they were going to hunt the bandits instead. Not that he minded. They were shinobi, after all. "Eh... tax break? So they just don't pay tax on anything for a little while?" That was as much opinion as he offered on the mission at hand for Kyouka. "Heroes, huh?" he remarked following Kasumi's statement. "Nothing better than hero work that you get paid for, I guess." He tucked his hands into his pockets and would follow his team to the gates towards their mission.[break][break]Kazue was an idiot, but he wasn't nearly idiot enough to forget any of his gear for going out on missions. He adjusted the katana at his side while he followed along, thinking about the mission that was laid out before them. Were they going to fight someone strong that would push him to his limits so that he could get stronger? Maybe he could even die. It was the life of a shinobi to accept such things. He didn't feel scared of it... but it wasn't like he wanted to lose, either. At the very least, it might be an exercise like Kasumi was hoping for.[break][break] [break][break]

NAME: Yanagi no Mai [Dance of the Willow][break]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low[break]
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu // Kekkei Genkai[break]
ELEMENT: N/A[break]
DESCRIPTION:[break]
The user will grow eight long, thin, pointed bone blades from their body to use as weapons. There isn't any set form for the Dance of the Willow, much like a willow that is shaken by the wind, the opponent's attacks are simply parried and countered with extremely uncoordinated movements. The hardened bones are easily capable of cleaving through flesh and other bone. The bones will protrude from the palms of the user's hands, elbows, knees, and shoulders. This dance form is incredibly acrobatic, using spins, charges, and long sweeping slashes to make the strikes more effective and to evade opponents' counter strikes. The user can extend the bones from sixty centimeters to a meter in a half in length.[break][break]

NAME: Karamatsu no Mai [Dance of the Larch][break]
A primarily defensive technique, the user will instantly extend up to two dozen short, sharp-pointed bones. The bones can be used to block or trap an opponent's strikes. Often the stronger the opponent's physical attack, the more powerful the counterattack is the worse they maim themselves by the surprise defense. The sudden appearance of the bones, combined with the needle-like bones high killing ability, makes way for a technique which potential his high for battle. In addition to being an unwelcome surprise for opponents, it makes the user virtually, physically untouchable at close range. If an opponent gets too close for comfort, the user can simply start spinning rapidly, turning themselves into a razor-sharp shredding machine.

[attr="class","laycake-lyric-2"]my feelings will never reach you... I'll put them in a sigh

[newclass=.laycake]margin:25px 0px;width:600px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;background-color:#e9e9e9; }.laycake-top { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;border-top:solid 2px #000000;width:600px;height:250px;background-color:#b09494;position:relative;overflow:hidden;text-shadow:.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px .75px 0px #000000, -.75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px -.75px 0px #000000; }
.laycake-top-slant-1 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;margin-top:100px;border-left:solid 250px #ffffff;border-bottom:solid 75px #ffffff;border-top:solid 75px transparent;border-right:solid 250px transparent; }.laycake-top-slant-2 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-right:solid 250px #bd3939;border-bottom:solid 125px #bd3939;border-top:solid 125px transparent;border-left:solid 250px transparent;margin-left:150px; }.laycake-top-img { height:250px;width:650px;background-image:url(https://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/17/61/09/29/kazue_14.jpg);mix-blend-mode:multiply;position:absolute;z-index:1; }
.laycake-top-icon { font-size:170px;line-height:170px;text-align:right;width:570px;margin-top:35px;position:absolute;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric { position:absolute;font:60px Kumar One Outline;color:#eeeeee;letter-spacing:6.9px;z-index:2;line-height:60px;text-align:right;width:548px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 { margin:160px 0px 0px 66px;background-color:#000000;position:absolute;z-index:2;padding:10px 0px 10px 5px;width:465px;text-align:center;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:4.45px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric-3 { font:112px Kumar One Outline;position:absolute;z-index:2;letter-spacing:-4px;line-height:126px;color:#eeeeee;text-align:right;width:540px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 { background:linear-gradient(to right,rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,1));color:#eeeeee!important;text-shadow:none;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:3px;color:#eeeeee;width:515px;text-align:right;margin-top:50px;position:absolute;z-index:2; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#bd3939;line-height:10px; }.laycake-mid { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WvBL93G/Aist-Firre.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left; }.laycake-mid table { border-spacing:0px; }.laycake-icon { height:100px;width:100px;position:absolute;margin:-35px 0px 0px -15px;z-index:10;border:solid 2px #000000;padding:13px;border-radius:100%;background-color:#eeeeee; }.laycake-icon img { height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%; }.laycake-lyric { background-color:#000000;padding:15px 13px 15px 25px;display:inline-block;margin:35px 35px 35px 95px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2.6px;white-space:nowrap; }.laycake-mid-1 { padding:0px 35px 110px 35px; }.laycake-mid-2 { font:12px Roboto;padding-left:30px;padding:0px 25px 0px 40px;text-align:justify;color:#222222;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #e9e9e9; }.laycake-mid-2 b { color:#bd3939; }.laycake-mid-2 i { color:#888888; }.laycake-tag { margin-top:75px;letter-spacing:1px;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;line-height:10px;transform:rotate(-90deg);background-color:#bd3939;padding:15px;transform-origin:0px 0px;position:absolute; }.laycake-tag a { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee!important;text-decoration:none; }.laycake-lyric-2 { background-color:#000000;padding:15px;float:right;margin:-75px 35px 0px 105px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px; }.laycake-lyric b, .laycake-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-overlay { height:300px;width:80px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WnfdXNC/AisFire.png);mix-blend-mode:multiply;[/newclass]
Bloody Mist [C-Rank Mission - Team 2]Dec 2, 2021 14:16:52 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
We are violence

Kyouka chuckled at Kasumi's words and shook her head. "Heroes? There's no such a thing, Kasumi-chan. We are divine punishment for the weak." she said with a very large smile on her face. "But I do like your confidence. Maybe you actually do have it in you to claim your spot amongst the strong." she added with a firm nod. She was still unsure if Kasumi and Kazue would measure up for her unrealistic expectations, but so far, they were the only team that she even accepted to train, so maybe they could after all.

"Now, let's go. I have a boat waiting for us at the shore. I hope to make it there by noon." she announced. That didn't give them much time as they would have to keep up with her pace, but if anything, they would have more than enough time to rest while they sailed to the island. With that being said, Kyouka started making her way towards the beach, hoping that Kasumi and Kazue would follow her. Of course she was still keeping her eyes on them, glancing back from time to time as she leaped from one tree branch to the other.

For the two Genins, keeping up the pace would take a lot of their effort, but nothing that would drain them of all their stamina. Kyouka kept the smirk on her face, and seemed to be in a rather good mood.

and this is hell

255 words
C-Rank Mission

last edit by Hōzuki Kyōka on Dec 2, 2021 14:17:42 GMT -5
Bloody Mist [C-Rank Mission - Team 2]Dec 4, 2021 14:21:31 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Heroes, or divine judgement, it didn't really make much of a difference to Kasumi. All she cared about was being useful to the village, and every mission was a step towards that goal. She'd been a genin for a bit of time, but lately the missions were picking up more and more. It was a sign of big things to come, she thought.

"Give me a few years, I think I'll even surpass you Sensei." Kasumi hoped so at least. Maybe if she did, she'd stop having to suffer through Kyouka breaking everything she owned. "For now let's get this show on the road. Keep up, Bonehead. Last one there buys lunch."

She gave him a playful punch on the arm, but when their sensei started moving even she wasn't really prepared for the speed that the jounin had planned for them. Kasumi put her best effort in though, even when she'd started to feel herself grow winded.

She did notice the occasional glances their sensei spared them, and it actually surprised Kasumi a bit. She never thought her teacher would actually care if they fell behind. She doubted still that she would.

Still, Kasumi had no plans to fall behind. If Kyouka wanted her to prove she was strong, then Kasumi was planning on doing exactly that. Running wasn't a problem. It helped that she refused to fall behind Kazue. Competition was certainly a motivator.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kenjutsu Training:

Large Chakra Reserves:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

Jutsu used:

Bloody Mist [C-Rank Mission - Team 2]Dec 7, 2021 17:29:22 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

mizerable gackt

He looked over at their sensei with a skeptical expression as she said that they weren't heroes, but rather divine punishment for the weak. That was... pretty odd wording, even for someone like her. He crossed his arms, a slight frown on his face. "Hey... don't tell me you're one of those religious nutjobs. Though that kind of makes a lot of sense, all things considered..." After her suspicious statements, she said that they had a boat waiting for them. Kazue uncrossed his arms and stretched for a moment, looking over to Kasumi to see how she was reacting to the current situation. And the answer to that seemed to be "brimming with confidence". He grinned and saw Kyouka was beginning to make her way to the boat she mentioned. And Kasumi even gave him a friendly challenge; that the last one to make it to the boat would have to buy lunch. He smirked for a moment, but then blinked. "Wait- for you and her, or just you?" Unfortunately, their sensei wasn't giving them a lot of time to hash out their competition. And Kasumi just got a head start! "No you don't!" he called out after her, and started running after them with renewed zeal.[break][break]As a genin, it was difficult to keep up with their sensei, who was clearly pushing them to their limits, but he didn't complain about it and kept his breathing steady and his feet moving. Of course, in competition with Kasumi, he had little motivation to lose either, and he would be putting forward his best effort to not fall behind her either. When they did get to the boat, he would come to a stop, his breathing slightly heavier. But he split into a wide grin as he looked over at Kasumi once again. "Point for Kazue. I'm up one." He also held up a finger while saying it to make his point. His breathing was still steady, though it was clearly challenged, and he waited to catch his breath while they prepared to head out on the boat Kyouka secured for their mission.[break][break] [break][break]

The user will grow eight long, thin, pointed bone blades from their body to use as weapons. There isn't any set form for the Dance of the Willow, much like a willow that is shaken by the wind, the opponent's attacks are simply parried and countered with extremely uncoordinated movements. The hardened bones are easily capable of cleaving through flesh and other bone. The bones will protrude from the palms of the user's hands, elbows, knees, and shoulders. This dance form is incredibly acrobatic, using spins, charges, and long sweeping slashes to make the strikes more effective and to evade opponents' counter strikes. The user can extend the bones from sixty centimeters to a meter in a half in length.[break][break]

A primarily defensive technique, the user will instantly extend up to two dozen short, sharp-pointed bones. The bones can be used to block or trap an opponent's strikes. Often the stronger the opponent's physical attack, the more powerful the counterattack is the worse they maim themselves by the surprise defense. The sudden appearance of the bones, combined with the needle-like bones high killing ability, makes way for a technique which potential his high for battle. In addition to being an unwelcome surprise for opponents, it makes the user virtually, physically untouchable at close range. If an opponent gets too close for comfort, the user can simply start spinning rapidly, turning themselves into a razor-sharp shredding machine.

Bloody Mist [C-Rank Mission - Team 2]Dec 17, 2021 18:12:45 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
We are violence

Kasumi's confident claim made Kyouka chuckle and she nodded to the girl, acknowledging her bold statement. "I hope you can live up to that, Kasumi-chan." she said in a rather amused tone. Then, when Kazue asked if she was into religion, Kyouka just laughed out loud, shaking her head. "I don't care much for the Gods, but I do believe the strong are akin to deities, while the weak are nothing but cattle. Do you care when you step on an ant while you walk? I see that as no different from killing an useless weakling." she added, giving her students a little bit more insight on what she really thought, and her views on the world. Kyouka was a cruel, selfish individual, and she didn't hold anybody in high regards unless they could prove they deserved their spot at the top of the food chain.

Once they got to the shore, they would see a small motorised boat that could fit no more than five people. Kyouka hopped onto it and turned around, waiting for her team. "Alright kids, it should only take an hour to get there. Feel free to eat something and recover your energy. You did great keeping up with my pace, sensei is happy with you." she said with her mischievous smile.

and this is hell

233 words
C-Rank Mission

Bloody Mist [C-Rank Mission - Team 2]Jan 3, 2022 11:40:06 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

The plan was to completely throw off the boy with the sudden challenge, but it seemed that Kazue was quick to react to it. He was hot on Kasumi's trail as they raced forward, and even coming forward a few times to pull ahead of her. When that happened, Kasumi only grit her teeth and took her lead back. By the end, Kaxue had landed at the boat mere seconds before Kasumi.

As the girl took heavy breaths to regain her composure, she sent a glare towards her teammate.

"I let you win, is all... and when did you learn to count all the way to one? I'm impressed. Oh, and I only meant I'd buy for you, obviously. Kyouka-sensei is too kind to take away my hard earned money for herself."

Even just saying that out loud made Kasumi stifle a chuckle. Kind and Kyouka were two words that just had no business being put together. Especially after their sensei had just compared killing weak humans to stepping on ants.

"Killing should be for missions, shouldn't it?" She asked her sensei as she sat in the boat, pulling out a soldier pill and offering one to Kazue as she ate another. She would take the time to gather herself and catch her breath from the intense running race they just went through. "Don't want to kill anyone that the village doesn't need killed, right?"

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kenjutsu Training:

Large Chakra Reserves:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

Jutsu used:

Bloody Mist [C-Rank Mission - Team 2]Jan 3, 2022 17:54:45 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

mizerable gackt

He emitted a grunt as he sat next to Kasumi in the boat, in response to her saying that she had let him win. "Well, a win's a win, ain't it? Besides, one's the first number. That one's easy enough," he said, letting the remark go this time. Lunch was a privilege, after all. One he couldn't afford to buy for another person until after this mission, at the least. He laughed a bit when she clarified that she wasn't going to buy Kyouka lunch in the first place since she was too "nice" to take Kasumi's money. "Yeah. The money she's making for this? Making us pay for her would just be disrespectful," he joked along with Kasumi, grinning towards Kyouka at their ribbing of her. Then Kasumi continued their earlier conversation with her, the one about ants and things. "Yeah. I mean, I get it mostly... but stepping on an ant, that's not on purpose. You just didn't see them there. Weaklings are weaklings, ants are ants. But a weakling is usually a person. Feel like you'd have to notice them and make some effort in order to kill them, right?" He accepted the soldier pill from Kasumi with a nod, and ate it, regaining his energy as he relaxed at the side of the boat. "Then again, with that water thing you've got going, maybe you could get big enough to crush someone underfoot like that, huh." He looked at Kyouka. Her body made of water was something he was curious about. She had enlarged parts of her body for more powerful strikes during their first training exercise, but for the most part, she had used the technique defensively. Just how dangerous was she when she was using that technique to its full potential? He remembered what Kasumi had said to Kyouka earlier about surpassing her. Growing more powerful than her someday. Kazue wanted to do that too, and while maybe that didn't mean defeating her in a fight... what if one day he had to? What would he have to do to make sure he could beat someone like her? Maybe an elemental nature? Would that really be enough to stop such a formidable technique?[break][break] [break][break]

Bloody Mist [C-Rank Mission - Team 2]Jan 3, 2022 18:05:26 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
We are violence

Kyouka just ignored the two kids when they were talking about money. Being a single woman with no other relative alive meant that every penny she made on her missions was hers and hers alone, so, even though she wasn't crazy rich, Kyouka was quite well off, but she did get interested in the conversation again when Kasumi asked about killing, to which Kazue responded with his idiotic remarks. Kyouka's violet eyes rested on the young girl, her gaze serious for a change as the mischievous smile had faded away.

"Why do you care for the lives of the weaklings? In this world, the flesh of the weak is the food of the strong. The strong live, the weak die. When you forfeit the quest for strength, you are giving up your rights and standing in this world. I feel no remorse when I destroy something as disgusting as a weakling." she said, pausing as she approached her face from Kasumi, her eyes cold as ice, a gaze of a killer without any ounce of remorse. "For all I care, Kasumi-chan, Kazue-chan... Kill whoever you please, as long as it doesn't affect the village or the mission in any negative way." and with those words, she rested her case, gazing away to the island they were approaching.

After a while, they landed there, and once they were on solid ground, Kyouka looked at the two of them. "Well, I'm going to give the folks here their tax break. You two wait here and get ready, I don't think those two boats are full of locals." and as she said that, Kyouka pointed back to the ocean with her thumb. Two boats filled with angry-looking thugs were approaching the place, and the jounin was leaving them at the hands of her team.

Without any further word, she was gone from sight, and the two boats were about to reach the land. What would the two Genin do?

and this is hell

343 words
C-Rank Mission

Bloody Mist [C-Rank Mission - Team 2]Jan 6, 2022 12:56:43 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kyouka went on to explain her ruthless policy even more, and Kasumi listened rather intently to it. The girl had always thought killing a necessary evil in their line of work, never really enjoyed or disliked it. Kyouka seemed to think it as a civic duty. Well, if that's what her sensei wanted then Kasumi wasn't going to disappoint.

"Fine enough. It looks like we're just about there, anyway. Maybe we'll get to spill some blood. I've had a few boring missions in a row lately."

As they docked, it did seem like the mission was going to get interesting quickly at the least. Kyouka was immediately going off to do the business end of it, while the two boatfuls of thugs approached Kasumi and Kazue.

"How about double or nothing, then? Whoever kills more of these losers wins."

Kasumi drew her sword, sending a smirk towards her partner. It was a shot at redemption, at the very least. Kasumi wouldn't lose twice, that was for sure. She eyed the men next, not even bothering to try to talk to them. Instead, she'd wait for Kazue to accept the challenge so they could meet her sword.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kenjutsu Training:

Large Chakra Reserves:

Jutsu used:

Bloody Mist [C-Rank Mission - Team 2]Jan 6, 2022 14:05:22 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

mizerable gackt

Kyouka continued lecturing both of them on the weak and the strong, and she said that when someone stopped striving to be strong, they were giving up their rights in this world. And she said that they could kill whoever they wanted, as long as it didn't screw with their mission or the village. He raised a brow, but he didn't say anything. He was all for getting stronger, that was why he had decided to become a shinobi in the first place. But everyone is weaker than someone else. He blinked for a moment. He felt like he had remembered someone saying that more than thinking the words himself, but he couldn't get any clues from his brain on what person that was or what it had been in reference to. It was strange. He had no recollections like that before.[break][break]He was brought to the front of his mind again when the boat stopped, and they all got out onto the shore. Kyouka said that she would go and give the local village the tax break and that they should prepare themselves. He blinked and looked at the two boats approaching the shore she had indicated. Kasumi was excited to actually get to fight instead of this being another boring mission. "That was kind of intense," he remarked, looking at the boats. "But it's a little funny that she decided we should hunt down the bandits threatening the village, and then two boats full of them just show up. Think they want the tax break? ...would that even work for them?" He stayed put with Kasumi, calmly taking his haori off of his shoulders. He could tell that this was about to get messy as he stretched, rolling his neck from side to side. Kasumi asked if he wanted to double the bet by seeing who could kill more of the bandits. He snapped his head over to look at her. "What- two lunches for both of us? I'll pass on that. I still want to eat between this mission and the next one. I'm not made of money, you know," said the youth of the noble Kaguya clan.[break][break]He began molding chakra for the Shikotsumyaku. As the groups landed, he put his hand on the sheath of his sword casually. "Guessing you guys are the bandits. Unless those swords are for gardening?" When Kazue was sure that these were the people they had been sent here for, he reached into his pouch and threw three shuriken aimed at necks, and with a burst of speed would charge for the group as bones jutted out of his body at his joints and shoulders and hands, each a meter in length. Yanagi no Mai. Just because he hadn't agreed to the bet didn't mean he was going to restrain himself.[break][break] [break][break]

A primarily defensive technique, the user will instantly extend up to two dozen short, sharp-pointed bones. The bones can be used to block or trap an opponent's strikes. Often the stronger the opponent's physical attack, the more powerful the counterattack is the worse they maim themselves by the surprise defense. The sudden appearance of the bones, combined with the needle-like bones high killing ability, makes way for a technique which potential his high for battle. In addition to being an unwelcome surprise for opponents, it makes the user virtually, physically untouchable at close range. If an opponent gets too close for comfort, the user can simply start spinning rapidly, turning themselves into a razor-sharp shredding machine.[break][break]

NAME: Kumo-Ryu Uragiri - [Cloud-Style Reverse Beheading][break]
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu[break]
ELEMENT: N/a[break]
The user does a powerful spin, generating the momentum needed to slash at any opponents behind them.