Counterfeit [C-Rank Mission]

compose a reply
Counterfeit [C-Rank Mission]May 8, 2022 12:26:54 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"counterfeit".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

DETECTING DUO

Shigure's growing proficiency as a tracker was being recognised by the higher ups and they assigned him yet another mission to make good use of his capabilities: there were a group of people counterfeiting items and selling it within the Hidden Leaf Village. Up until this point, the criminals were being able to avoid detection and continued to profit at the expenses of the citizens, and this could not be tolerated. Since they were normal criminals, it was harder for the sensory ninja from the Barrier Corps to actually find them, but with the Byakugan things were different. With that in mind, he requested the authorization to bring Wahei with him, as the mission was to be performed within the limits of the Village and he also had a Byakugan at his disposal.

His request was approved, and he was allowed to lead this mission with his former teammate. With the arrangements made, he sent word for Wahei to meet him up in a park near the market at noon, he had sent the details of the mission to his teammate in a scroll as follows:

It is not uncommon for low-lives to fake items for sale or produce them for there own selfish desires, a small group of low- ranked criminals in Konoha have been producing faulty items that they have been casting off as real to civilians and making a lot of money at there expense anything from radios to clocks you name it they have tried to knock it off to sell to the public. The task is to find the culprits and bring them to justice.

At the designated time, Shigure arrived at the park and waited for Wahei so they could go over their strategy for this mission and get it started.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

C-Rank Mission
Park near the market
[]
[300 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Counterfeit [C-Rank Mission]May 8, 2022 20:28:25 GMT -5
Wahei
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
age "15" years old birthday "September 28th" rank Chūnin occupation Iryō (Medic); Ne; 'Scientific'
"Counterfeit".
"Sometimes we don't get what you want because we deserve better.
And the best is yet to come!"
Kazuhira Tsukuru Wahei

Call of duty.

Wahei received Shigure's scroll summoning him for a mission. He was in the outskirts of the med-corps making a researches about brain's activity and other stuff related to his habitual medical studies. He was some kind of volunteer and able to use his mother reputation to seek few minor privileges in the name of learning and acquiring practice to meet knowledge stuff. - "I give you one sparring session and you are summoning me for a mission already?".

After the events of the CE, the boy were removed from the chart list of missions for a while for several reasons. Make it count for bureaucracy, but also for his health sake as well. Albeit a couple of days alone in his house were enough for a rebuilt. Of course, Shinsuke was involved. The bloody Mist has turned Wahei into a totally brand-new person. But not a very good one - from his former self perspective, at least.

- 'Afternoon! I'm ready for duty, sir. - Wahei approached the meeting point park with an ordinary with 'informal respect' salute, albeit that was yet weird to see coming from the 'extraordinary' Wahei. He showed the scroll, balancing it a little but right after putting it back into his pocket. - What's the instructions? - an uncommon 'straight to business' ask. His tone and expressions were cold and serious. Like a ninja was suppose to be, not the friend he used to be.

"From the very moment we're thrown into this world, we're fated to bring each other nothing but pain, suffering and misery. I was also blindly obsessed with a trivial and irrational need for vengeance. But I was left behind. Alone. Forgotten. Abandoned. Forsaken. But now, the fog has been truly lifted. One can never run from its ghosts. And that’s exactly all that I am. A lost memory. An undying shadow, in this world of light. From now on, I’ll have to live up to this semi-charmed kind of life. Regardless of this phantom pain. This is my fate. This is my Destiny. It’s not the light which will guide us through the darkness, but the darkness that shall guide us through the light. Never forget. Always remember."

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Back into action ! ! !
- Enemies at home! -
[  ]
[243 Words]
MissingNo has written 491 posts
Counterfeit [C-Rank Mission]May 8, 2022 21:12:58 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"counterfeit".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

GETTING USED TO

Shigure would still need some time to get used to this 'new Wahei'. Not only the physical changes, but his mindset and behaviour were completely different. Of course this was a normal response to trauma, and it was still unknown if he would ever return to his former behaviour and that saddened the Hyuuga a bit. But ultimately, in this ninja world filled with hatred and dangers, being that naive was part of the reason why he was seized by the Mist anyways, so maybe this change - as bitter as it may be - would be for the better. Still, he would honestly prefer to hear him saying 'boss' rather than 'sir'. "It is what it is I guess." he quickly sighed.

Asking for the plan of action, Shigure grabbed one of the scrolls in the pockets of his flak jacket and unsealed some goods. There were three of them: a radio, a clock and a tv. "Those are some of the counterfeit products the criminals are pushing in the market. They don't have a stand we know, but they have been distributing these goods to some different establishments. On the outside, they look perfectly fine, and most clients won't notice a thing. Now, if you look beneath their shells..." he paused to activate his Byakugan and indicated with a head shake for Wahei to do the same. "See how the insides are composed of cheap materials and poor connections? Those items are faulty and will wither rather quickly. They are, however, being sold for the same price as normal products, and this is not only hurting our citizens, but also the reputation of our market, and it may have a negative impact in our economy if we don't take care of it quickly." he explained, using his sealing technique to put those items away after both of them had the chance to analyse it, tucking the scroll back in his pocket.

"Now... Our plan is to go to the market and try to find as many of those items as possible. We will separate to cover the whole market more quickly, and then we will rendezvous here again and share our intel. My hope is that we can identify a pattern, or, if we are lucky, find out who's distributing it. If we do identify a distributor, we will track them to their headquarters and shut down the operation. Any questions?" he asked Wahei.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

C-Rank Mission
Park near the market
[]
[407 words]
Counterfeit [C-Rank Mission]May 9, 2022 8:54:02 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
age "15" years old birthday "September 28th" rank Chūnin occupation Iryō (Medic); Ne; 'Scientific'
"Counterfeit".
Kazuhira Tsukuru Wahei

Disguise.

Wahei listened to all the information Shigure provided, eventually nodding as a sign he was paying attention. – Got it. – He would also activated his byakugan as instructed, taking a closer look into the items displayed. – I’ve always thought that electronics and its circuits had some similarity with bio structure. – he said – In this case, patient is pretty much dead. – not a joke, but an observation under the poor quality of the goods. Figures.

- Well, if we show up as shinobi, we are going to drive attention in the other way we want. I’d suggest we disguise ourselves as potential targets and let the counterfeiters do their move and come to us. What do you think? – at least it was something worth trying. But as the taicho, Shigure was the one to decide the best COA and approach.

Regardless of what had been decided, Wahei would at least hide his Shinobi stuff and start to walking around the market area. If Shigure gave him green light for the disguising plan, he’d suggest a merchant-fool type and a small old lady for disguise. The merchant would be great to develop conversation and get INTEL about the distribution of goods scheme. The old lady was a likely target for fraud, so it would work good as a bait for the minor fishes. Wahei could pick any of them based on Shigure's call.

"From the very moment we're thrown into this world, we're fated to bring each other nothing but pain, suffering and misery. I was also blindly obsessed with a trivial and irrational need for vengeance. But I was left behind. Alone. Forgotten. Abandoned. Forsaken. But now, the fog has been truly lifted. One can never run from its ghosts. And that’s exactly all that I am. A lost memory. An undying shadow, in this world of light. From now on, I’ll have to live up to this semi-charmed kind of life. Regardless of this phantom pain. This is my fate. This is my Destiny. It’s not the light which will guide us through the darkness, but the darkness that shall guide us through the light. Never forget. Always remember."

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Back into action ! ! !
- Enemies at home! -
[ ]
[230 Words]
Counterfeit [C-Rank Mission]May 9, 2022 11:18:05 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"counterfeit".

OPERATION DISGUISE

In a way, the comparison was fairly accurate and Shigure nodded to that. "It's a good way to look at it, yes." he said. With the overall mission laid out, Wahei suggested them to disguise themselves, since the presence of shinobi might shy the criminals away from their activities and Shigure nodded in agreement. "I think that's exactly what we should do." he confirmed, and with that, the two discussed the best way to approach it. Since Wahei seemed to be studying human behaviour more profusely, he decided that the Genin should play the merchant, while he would be playing the old lady. With the roles decided, Shigure performed a hand seal. "Henge no Jutsu!" and with a poof of smoke, his form changed to that of an elderly lady with a hunched back.

He waited until Wahei had changed himself as well and then the two would go their separate ways, but would make an effort to still remain within ears length of each other, so they could be aware of what was going on. Shigure would walk slowly, pretending to have some sort of movement impairment, and he also changed the shape of a kunai into that of a cane. He slowly made way to the main street of the market and started looking around, trying to find any sort of electronic items that would match the description of what they had been counterfeiting thus far.

C-Rank Mission
Used transformation technique to take the form of an elderly lady
[]
[247 words]
Counterfeit [C-Rank Mission]May 9, 2022 20:04:14 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
/
"Counterfeit".
Kazuhira Tsukuru Wahei

Fashion-pants.

- Roger that. – the boy performed a single hand seal (slightly modified ram) and turned himself into a merchant. Thanks to the incident of Mrs. Fuzzy-Puss in double-trouble, Wahei knew exactly how to dress and look like. Of course, his role model were someone too famous for being around small fishes. But the best part is: small fishes usually thinks that they are sharks, until they met one. But someone close to him, trying to get his attention by doing some real deal money. That was something that would most certainly lure the intended attention.

Wahei dismissed, as instructed by Shigure. He would use shunshin no jutsu to assume position. He'd start his walking around the city from the outskirts of the market area, in the opposite side of where Shigure were working. He'd first use his byakugan to scan and look for suspect activities or individuals. After tracking their move for quite a while, he'd set the main area where his performance would take stance. That, though, would take more time than expected. Grabbing the pieces together, he come up with his plan and finally jumped into the scene.

It was smaller street with reck barracks in each side, following the pattern of the other wider areas. Approaching from a corner, Wahei identify the first suspect. With that highly elegant and fashioned clothes, it didn't took longer to people start to stare at him. Carrying a big leather backpack, another leather bag who seemed to be full of money and some golden coins he was tossing into the air and catching to call attention, Wahei crossed that forsaken alley, getting deep towards the underground part of the market. He was also carrying a golden clock attached to a smaller golden chain in his left hand. - "It's impressive that things like this grew right under our Village's nose" - he thought, sighting to the moment he was waiting for.

A couple of wandering kids bumped him, pushing and stealing his golden watch and leather bag - HEY! - he struggled to keep balance and not fell on the ground. - My watch! - Eh? - My money!!! Give it back you little bastards! - the boys runned and Wahei chased them for a while, screaming like hell - I will hunt every single one of you, you little piece of shit! - there's no way he wouldn't be noticed after that. People started to gathering around, but the naughty troublemakers are always the ones who highlight under those kind of scenes. And Wahei knew he would probably be mugged, or, best case scenario, invited to negotiate a replace for that stolen watch. - "C'mon, do your thing, tough guys".

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Back into action ! ! !
- Enemies at home! -
[ ]
[451 Words]
Counterfeit [C-Rank Mission]May 10, 2022 7:46:04 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"counterfeit".

BUDGET

Going separate ways, Shigure walked around the market as a curious old lady looking to get herself a new radio. He went to a few different stores and inquired about it, trying to get a good bargain for the product. "For you see... My grandson was playing with a ball and it dropped my poor radio from the counter... It broke down to pieces, the poor thing. I... I'm not very rich, but I one of my few joys is listening to the soap opera." he would tell the old lady's sad story, to see which of the merchants were willing to give a discount, which some would and some wouldn't, but the old lady had to be conscious of her spending, for her budget was quite limited, and once the final price was determined, she would thank them and say that she might be back, but she needed to research more.

It was not a fast job, and it took him a while. During the conversations, Shigure would pretend to cough at times, bending himself over and hiding his face as if embarrassed of her poor health, and with the cover of her straw hat, he would activate his Byakugan and quickly check the interiors of the devices, checking for the faulty mechanism he saw on the apprehended examples, but so far, the merchandise he found was rather legit. "Well, I will run into them eventually." he thought to himself, not feeling unmotivated; success can take some time.

C-Rank Mission
Inquiring and inspecting the products
[]
[251 words]
Counterfeit [C-Rank Mission]May 10, 2022 9:34:33 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
/
"Counterfeit".
Kazuhira Tsukuru Wahei

Baited.

- Looks like the kids have fooled' ya, my good man. – that voice seemed condescending, but Wahei felt something cross his mind, like an intuition in form of sigh. - I'm pretty sure tho someone like you wouldn't bother about feel coins and an old watch. - the man get closer, trying to earn his trust - It's not common to have such fashioned customer around, y' know, but Tamarin-san is certainly a right choice for someone of your... elegance!

Wahei kept a frustrated look, but he was smiling inside. His plan had work, apparently. - Yeah - he grumbled - But the watch was a gift to my niisan. - he admitted - I don't give a shit about the pennies tho - he said in such arrogant tone. 

- I am so sorry you had such troubled experience in our beloved neighborhood. - the man was clearly pretending he cared - What if I told you that I can try to get you quite good discount over some of our best products? We have beautiful watches on display - Wahei knew he couldn't just jump in like that. Negotiating was about bluff as well. Like playing card games. - And why would you care anyway? - his kept a rude tone. The man's expression changed, as though Wahei could felt the frustration in his bones. - "I'm better at this than I thought" - Reputation is everything in business, my dear Sir. - his tone was filled with anger, but trying to keep the posture. - But this is only an invitation. You can see it as an way to redeem for what just happen.

Wahei kept silent for a while, maintaining a bored expression and testing the man's patience - Alright - he said, as if he was the one doing the man a favor. - I'll check what you got. But I'll let you know I'm not very into wasting my time - he followed the man, indicating that he could lead the way. Wahei's plan worked out, now he was going to approach the most suspicious place he had noticed during his first research.

The store was established in a alley on the street, with a not very convidative door guarded by two big guys. - I thought you had a barrack like the other merchants. - he said with a trembling tone - I do, but not for special customers. No need to worry though. It's just... not safe to have our best products exposed like that. For safety measures we had to reinforce the security. I'm sure you understand. - Wahei cracked a wide smile full of confidence and joy - Oh! Right. I see. It must be very bad to live under such circumstances. - He pretended to fall for the argument, but it was obvious something more was yet to come. Probably, something worse than simple forfeiters.

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Back into action ! ! !
- Enemies at home! -
[ ]
[486 Words]
Counterfeit [C-Rank Mission]May 10, 2022 16:26:20 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"counterfeit".

GATHERING EVIDENCE

Eventually, Shigure would make his way to another stand that was offering mostly electronic devices. The Hyuuga in an old lady disguise approach the stand and started looking at the goods, when the young man behind it approached. "Hello, ma'am, what are you looking for?" he asked with an enthusiastic tone. Shigure looked at the young man and cracked a frail smile. "Hello young man, I'm looking for a radio to listen to my soap opera, would you have an affordable one?" the disguised shinobi asked, and the young man nodded up and down. "We do, we do. We have this premium radio, but for you I will make it quite the deal, only 3,000 ryou, how does that sound?" the price was not the cheapest, so Shigure looked a bit concerned. "It's a little over my budget, but would you mind if I take a look at it? I like the ones with the soft buttons." he explained and the young man offered no resistance.

Upon grabbing it, Shigure started looking at the radio and lowered his head. A quick activation of his Byakugan was enough for him to know that this was the place. He also managed to quickly assess the other goods and they were counterfeits. He had found their stand, but that didn't mean he knew where they truly operated from. Cracking a smile to the man, Shigure nodded. "I will take it, young man." and with that, the criminal was more than happy to take the money and finished the sale.

With the counterfeit in his hand as evidence, Shigure left, walking towards the exit of the market district, until he vanished within the crowd. Once he was a safe distance away, he would revert to his form and leap to the roofs of the village, where he would seal the counterfeit radio in one of his scrolls. "Now to find Wahei." going through the roofs with his Doujutsu activated, he searched for Wahei's chakra colour and found it inside a building, quite near the stand where he bought the counterfeit radio. Shigure smirked with the corner of his mouth in satisfaction. "Nicely done, Wahei-kun. Now, let me observe it for now. Once these people are done for the day, we can bust them all at the same time." he said to himself, making the plan in his head.

C-Rank Mission
Found the stand, acquired one radio as evidence, left the market, reverted to original form, sneak through the roofs and started watching Wahei with his Byakugan
[]
[419 words]
last edit by Hyūga Shigure on May 10, 2022 16:27:03 GMT -5
Counterfeit [C-Rank Mission]May 10, 2022 17:57:55 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
/
"Counterfeit".
Kazuhira Tsukuru Wahei

Enemy around.

After entering the building, Wahei was guided by the merchant and one of the guards following them with a considerable distance. That made Wahei sight, since if the first merchant was a lame in hiding his intention, the guard could be read like an open book. Wahei could feel the hate blooming inside him. - "Such a lovely place, eh?".

They walked across the hall towards a door at it's end. The merchant opened the door and give passage to Wahei. - Please, come in! - and the he did. In the room, there was three big guys waiting, scored at a wall staring at him. - "Warm welcome" - they were indistinct chattering until the moment he cross the hall into the room. Shushing for each other. It was quite obvious that he'd be in trouble soon enough, but at least he was at the core of the suspect's lair.

The "merchant" then walked from his back after closing the door, skirting a large old and rotten table with some random stuff in it. - Wanna take off that cape? It's hot here since we don't have nothing to refresh the room - I'm good. Perhaps if you release the windows from this old furniture crap it would help - one of the guards growled, but his comrade nudged him - Sorry for that, my fellows here are not much of the patient. - I'm not either. Are we going to talk about business or what? - Wahei pushed further, and the merchant sighted - This is not a place of interest. Y'know? The rulers of this Village forsakened us to dry. That gave room to smugglers and disorder. People needed very few to set things on fire. And without reinforcement, our community have to make its own rules. - Survival of the fittest? Look, mate... You've said that Tamarin dude would have something for me and you brought me here to talk business with him. But all I'm hearing is bullshit. Where the heck is this guy anyway? - After a couple seconds of silence, the guard who followed them finally entered the room. Locking the door. - Well, I think it's going to be the hard way, isn't it? - he sighted. Perhaps he had pushed to far?

Something was odd, though. It was like he could feel everyone else in the room hating him so much. It wasn't just a simple grudge or gangster badass behavior, it was real hate. As if... he was the enemy.

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Back into action ! ! !
- Enemies at home! -
[ ]
[421 Words]
Counterfeit [C-Rank Mission]May 11, 2022 15:47:51 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"counterfeit".

RISING TENSION

Shigure continued to observe from the roof, and it seemed like the situation was escalating substantially. He couldn't really read their lips despite being able to see it and zoom into them, but the actual skill to do so was something only the Black Ops members were capable of, so for him, only a few words here and there could be understood. On the bright side, however, the person who sold Shigure the counterfeit radio was packing up his goods. Seems like they somehow communicated and told him to join them "Radio, perhaps? he wondered, but that didn't matter in the end.

The Hyuuga would continue to stay put, hoping that Wahei could handle the situation for the time being, for he wanted the seller to also be inside by the time he invaded to take care of the criminals. Once the seller approached the door, he would knock there and say something, a password probably, and someone opened the door for him, where he joined his accomplices in the room where Wahei was located.

With all of them inside, Shigure came down from the roof and slowly - and silently - approached the entrance to the warehouse where they were, so he could try and eavesdrop what they were saying. Unfortunately, the walls were sturdy enough to contain the sound inside, so he was left with just the visuals of it for now.

C-Rank Mission
Seller joins the others, Shigure approached the entrance silently
[]
[239 words]
Counterfeit [C-Rank Mission]May 11, 2022 20:12:52 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
/
"Counterfeit".
Kazuhira Tsukuru Wahei

Misunderstanding.

- Your son is here, Sir. - a random voice break the tenebrous silence that remained in the room. Like gunslingers waiting for the high noon. - For what is most sacred... can't you guys do nothing right? He is not suppose to be here yet.. I don't... I don't want him to see this, damn! - His alredy on the way, Sir. What should we do with a... - aiming to take advantage of the situation, one of the guards draw a hidden knife and attempted against Wahei from the back. But he was far too slow for him, so it was easy to disarm him and counter attack immobilizing him. All the training session he had recently with Shigure was proving itself worthy. Striking the man's torso against the table, Wahei used the knife to take him as hostage, threatening to slice his jugular. - Attacking a smaller person from the back? You play dirty, Miss! - pushing his hair, Wahei made the big man grudge in pain. Offending was just a charm of his play role. The hatred turned into fear. They got worried about the man's life. Another hint that they were not so badass as they pretended to be. *~Knock Knock~* - "Hey Pops! It's me!" - everyone in the room went dead silent, staring at each other waiting to what would come next. - "That's the moment for a good faith" - Wahei stared the man in front of him straight in the eye; it was almost like he could read the fear and agony. He nodded and release the man, stepping back but keeping his knife. Waving his head and raising his hands in a sign of truce, the man nodded back and signed for the others to put their weapons down. - Open the door. Let him in. - the guard hesitated for a moment, but then he opened the door.

The young man entered the room - Holy shit. Who died? - he asked with sarcasm, clearly surprised by those many people in his father's office - *~Wew!~* - he whistled - Such a fine outfit. Who's Mr. Fine-pants over here? - in spite of his attitude, Wahei could noticed the boy was tense. But why would he? It was time for another bluff - My name is Inagawa Kai, younger brother of Inagawa Kin. - he said, closely staring both the kid who fortunately went close to his dad, and the old man himself. - But you sorry-asses must know him as... Akutō Ten'nō. - Inagawa Kin, the boy happened to learn, was the very rich and unorthodox merchant who hired Konoha to retrieve a precious golden leach during the events of MRS. FUZZY-PUSS IN DOUBLE TROUBLE. In his file, Wahei learned about his family members who were also very rich and part of a great business scheme. A legal one, though. But the man was feared and respect in any stance, in a way no one would mess up with him, since he had great influence under most of the commercial routes of the Fire Land, having sponsored the paving of some of the fresh new ones himself in exchange for fair tax ruling of course. - Does it ring a bell? - If the reaction on the old man called Wahei's attention, the terrified look in the boy's face and cold sweat where even more satisfying. - "I think I got a big fish here, Shigure-san" - the boy smiled, confidently.

The guards on the other hand start to whispering, until the old man finally bent over the table, pulling his son to do the same. - Please. Have mercy on my men! It wasn't our intention to get in the of the Akutō Ten'nō. Please, spare us from his rage. I'm begging you. - Wahei get a little bit surprised by the sudden change of behaviors, specially when all the guards did the same, including the one who tried to attack him - "Well, it seems I have them in my hand now. I think if I say that their forfeiting schemes are messing with family business they will cooperate and snitch who the distributors was" - Our people has been suffering enough by the hands of the forfeiters. We thought... we thought you were one of them.  - and that's when all his theories fell apart - Wait... WHAT!? - he couldn't hold that.

Fortunately, they were all too scared to realize. - This is just a terribly misunderstanding, I can guarantee that to you! - Wahei sighted, giving back the knife by throwing it in the rotten table. The weapon pierced and stayed. The man startled by his move and kept talking - We have even requested for Konoha military assistance, but there's too much bureaucracy and they never effectively responded our ask for help... - "Oh, boy. If you just knew that your hero are just standing in front of you, with the cape and all package"... - And what exactly made you think I could be one of those rats? - he added some disappointed anger in his voice on purpose - I'm very sorry, Sir, but it's been a long time since our community had someone in such fine outfit. I thought we could intimidate you with the biggest of us and make you snitch the distributors out. Hopefully, you'd lead us to the source of the chain - "Old man's smart. Have to give him that." - You put yourself in a very risky situation, Old man. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt - actually, Wahei was convinced that what the man was saying is the truth.

- We have started with the wrong foot. My family sent me here because those forfeiters are giving a bad reputation and 'causing a lot of trouble to our business partners. We have also send a letter to this village but my niisan asked me to come check it with my own pair of eyes' - ya' know what I'm saying? - again, the boy swallowed and seemed nervous, different from his father who seemed very thankful for having a big fish intervening for them. - Please, gentlemen, give us the room. Your services are no longer necessary but I'll keep everyone posted. Our prays had finally been heard! - Apparently not. - he shrugged, sitting in the chair. - Look, pal. As long as I want to believe in your good guy story, my sources told me that we have few establishments around with forfeited products. And I can bet that here in this very room, we are very warm to find some of them - "And by source, I mean my byakugan, Jiji" - Of course! We had to apprehend them by ourselves. But those things spread out more than rabbits. And since our community needs money to survive, some merchants pushed the ethic aside and had no other choice but to give in to survive. We had always being an honest community but things... has been falling apart ever since. - and the old man break and started crying - "Oh. Perfect. Now I'm the fucking monster" - I'm sorry...

Look... my father had enough for a day. Okay? He is not young anymore and he is struggling as hell to keep our community together. I no mean to be disrespectful, but maybe if you get here tomorrow we can come up with a plan and work together. - there was something strange in the kid attitude, but Wahei couldn't exactly tell why. And somehow he felt that his feelings from his father was legit. - Okay. - I mean - I still need to ask you all some questions and confirm if everyone in your community and cicle of trust can be effective trusted, but I'll give you the rest of the day to gather up all information and products you have aprehended so far. Tomorrow, I'll send two representatives who will handle the matter. Let me show you how generous my family can be. - he said, ready to leave the room. - Their password will be... 'who the hell is Tamarin anyway' - the old man chuckled - This is my childhood nickname, but people here still call me this way. But my name is Koyasahi Tato. And this is my son, Koyasahi Tomahiro. - My pleasure, folks. - and he walked towards the door. Now he had a lot to report.

That was quite show for Shigure though, who was around having an eye on everything. But one thing was yet to be looked into: why that filthy bastard had just sold a forfeit radio to 'Old lady' Shigure.

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Back into action ! ! !
- Enemies at home! -
[ ]
[1456 Words]
Counterfeit [C-Rank Mission]May 12, 2022 8:19:11 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"counterfeit".

The presence of the young seller seemed to have pushed the criminals to escalate the situation, and one of them attacked Wahei. Shigure took a step towards invading the place, but he paused when he saw Wahei reverting the situation and holding the man hostage. Whatever Wahei said to them next made them look terrified and that made things more interesting. "What is this about?" he wondered.

One of the few words he did understand from their lips due to being repeated twice was the Akutō Ten'nō, which rang a bell in Shigure's memory. "So that's what he is on about. Clever." he thought to himself, cracking a smirk with the corner of his mouth.

The conversation continued for a while, and seemed like they were trying to reach some sort of agreement. As Wahei walked towards the door, Shigure quickly grabbed a kunai and made a marking on the ground near it, pointing it towards a building across the street from it, where Shigure quickly moved to, staying hidden on the roof with his Byakugan still tracking the criminals every move inside the warehouse.

Once Wahei was out and rendezvous with Shigure, he would ask him what happened inside. "So, what was it about? I believe I saw you guys mentioning the Akutō Ten'nō." he asked, showing to be quite curious about it.

C-Rank Mission
Rendezvous at the rooftop, while keeping track of the criminals
[]
[230 words]
Counterfeit [C-Rank Mission]May 13, 2022 20:15:08 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
/
"Counterfeit".
Kazuhira Tsukuru Wahei

Report.

You won't believe it when I tell you. - after meeting Shigure, both of them safe and sound would exchange INTEL as planned. Things worked out very well. Actually, even better than expected and Wahei's idea really come in handy. But it was time to fill Shigure in, and as a shinobi should do, Wahei would report everything, but not in a talkative manner, neither with enthusiasm. That Wahei had died in the Mist prison apparently. - And so, long story short, I used the Akutō Ten'nō outfit to drag their attention, and their reputation to intimidate and manipulate them to cooperate with us.  - not even a piece of sorrow in his tone.

- The bad news is... they are not our guys. Quite the contrary, though, since they've been also chasing the counterfeiters like some punishers militia or whatever - he shrugged, that part was pretty much irrelevant to the mission.

- 'Tamarin' is the old man in charge. They aprehended a lot of the counterfeit goods so we have quite strong evidence that this is not a small thing. - he concluded - Also, something really weird happened there. Actually, I've been feeling my byakugan weird since the day we have trained.  - he added.

The brown-haired boy gave a few steps ahead away where Shigure were standing, then turned again to look him in the eyes - At some point in our training, I started to feel as if I could somewhat foreseen your movements... but it wasn't a physical thing... - he admitted - It was like as though I could pretty much feel what you were feeling, and then I immediately knew exactly what you'd do and counter-attacking becoming really obvious - he was talking about the moment when he put Shigure down for a first time, the real time where Wahei starting to show real improvement in their training that day. But what's the point of saying all that now? Was it related to the mission?

- Today it happened again, even though I didn't had my byakugan activated, it was as like I could feel some of their feelings. First, it was hate. Then, it turned into a mix of fear and respect. Except for Tamarin's son... that boy get nervous by the very moment he got his eyes on me, albeit trying to play cool. Which was really weird, coming to think. - perhaps a little talkative yet, but certainly no enthusiasm. - Anyways, does it mean that my byakugan are somehow improving? Did it ever happened to you? - he asked, really curious. He was still a medic, and a scientist after all.

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Back into action ! ! !
- Enemies at home! -
[ ]
[444 Words]
Counterfeit [C-Rank Mission]May 13, 2022 22:22:54 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"counterfeit".

INTERCEPTION

Shigure listened carefully to Wahei's report, and it was quite interesting to say the least. Ultimately, these people were not responsible for pushing the goods, at least not the group itself. However, the kid still did sell the counterfeit radio to the Old Lady, which was Shigure in disguise. It was good they got all that evidence with the old man, but that's when he interrupted Wahei. "I see, but look at this..." and Shigure grabbed the scroll from his flak jacket's pocket and unsealed the radio.

"The kid sold me this, and he pushed it as normal good. If he pretended to not know anything inside there, then he is probably doing so without the knowledge of the others. He is double crossing them. This makes it more interesting. I know he will lead us to his suppliers, so let's stay put, hidden here and follow the kid. He will return to them sooner or later." Shigure deduced, cracking a smirk; he was confident they would be able to find the suppliers. "At the very least, he will have to go meet them to explain why they would need to lay low for a while. Once he meets up with them, we will intercept their dealings and arrest them all." and with the strategy being laid out, the two of them waited on the roofs, taking turns in their watch.

While doing that, Wahei explained something that he was feeling with his Byakugan, and Shigure nodded to him. "I can do that to a much smaller scale, but Hyuugas who have a deep medical knowledge can use the power of the Byakugan to analyse the brain impulses, check which area of the brain is being used, muscular contractions, increased blood pressure and such. This helps them detect if a person is lying, read their feelings, and even anticipate their movements to a degree." he explained, folding his arms and sighing deeply. "This in-depth knowledge is something I don't have, and even if you tried to explain it to me, I would only understand a part of it. Only medical ninja like yourself, with a Byakugan, can truly pull it off." he admitted, even though he still tried to use that, even if less effectively.

They continued to wait until around four in the morning the next day, when the guy finally left the warehouse. Shigure woke up Wahei and told him to activate is Byakugan, and then he went on pursuit.

The man went to the outskirts of the village, near an abandoned warehouse, and there he saw it. A large group of people - upon a closer inspection with the Byakugan, he could determine they were 12 in total - were there. They brought a wagon full of electronics. "Jackpot. They are all counterfeits." Shigure said with a smirk after inspecting their inside with the Byakugan. They were there to make a delivery, but the kid started explaining something. Although they were far enough so that hearing was not possible, it didn't take a genius to understand what he was doing: he was telling them to lay low for a while.

By their facial expressions, it didn't seem like they were very happy, but it didn't matter: they had witnessed the deal, they now had to intercept. "Let's do this." he said, as he waved a single hand seal. "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" and with that, Shigure created two clones of himself, so that him and Wahei could surround them, lessening the chances of any of them escaping.

When Wahei showed he was ready, they would act.

C-Rank Mission
Wait until 4 am next day, follow the kid to his meeting with the suppliers, create 2 shadow clones and wait for Wahei to get ready in order to intercept
[]
[624 words]