age 35 years old birthday April 9th rank Jounin occupation Bodyguard

Enter the Thunderdome

MISSION RANK: D-C
NPC REQUIRED:Yes, Any NPC Mod, , or ; unnecessary if a Yanki clan member joins
RANDOM MISSION SCENARIO: Enabled
PARTICIPANTS:
Repeatable, Up to Three Members

DESCRIPTION:
Welcome to the Thunderdome! The massive stone colloseum that acts as the Yanki's residence and training grounds. Your attendence isn't always manditory, but you can come as you please; be warned though there is active audience participation.

Invited to join the friday mass sparring on a friday afternoon shinobi can expect battle, massive amounts of noise and pain, and medical training. Joinable by all ranks the opponent can and will be up to snuff with you as you engage in melee only combat. After being injured or by joining the young in their courses you'll be taught combat medicine and medical ninjutsu. All while under the insane pressure and noise of the thunderdome.

Welcome to the pits.

last edit by Tsu on Nov 4, 2022 23:25:45 GMT -5
Wisp has written 3 posts
Enter the Thunderdome [Kumogakure + Allies]Nov 4, 2022 18:22:25 GMT -5
cocoa
Reflect carefully upon your actions.
cocoa Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age birthday rank occupation
Hi Wisp, I reviewed a superficially similar concept for a mission here as part of the Murahira board and I'm going to make a commentary to be consistent with it.

B-rank missions generally have Hostile shinobi forces and have a chance to impact the standing of the village. Even if the fight will be tough, your life won't actually be in danger, but despite the shinobi-level skill of the Yanki, I am not comfortable equally rewarding someone who goes into a fight against foes intending to kill them, and someone going into a little friendly spar. For this reason I think an appropriate maximum is C-rank.
Cocoa has written 196 posts
Enter the Thunderdome [Kumogakure + Allies]Nov 4, 2022 19:03:05 GMT -5
Tsu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Tsu Avatar
groupnull
age 35 years old birthday April 9th rank Jounin occupation Bodyguard
So the only note I will make… this mission should probably have a note on it but it can cause extremely severe wounds. As you know the Yanki have very dreadful drawbacks to their jutsu *and they are getting used on you from little E-Ranks up to your spar level as I felt that was the appropriate cap, but that can still mean serious bone and body crippling level injuries. The Yanki techs also act as a danger in combat as both you and your opponent could potentially use to much force unwillingly or even unknowingly.

There is medical staff nearby, but these fights do pose actual danger if you step in the ring and dont take it seriously. I know its in their ideology so I quote this: "The Pit fight is a long-standing tradition within the clan to force improvement in skill among members, pushing even their younger members into the crucible simply to forge them to be a pinnacle of physical power and resolve their passion for their clansmen. Due to this they are also very prideful of their close combat abilities and consider it a shame upon their clan if everyone is not extremely well versed in the matter. This is held from their long history as soldiers, where fighting was the source of both their livelihood and their reason for persisting as a group.”

This mission can be a lot less friendly than it appears; mostly because if I forgot to mention you can lose limbs and such here. Its not wooden swords amd hard hits. Its real swords and forehead bashes that are empowered to a higher state.

If you still want me to change it with this thats fine, but I wanted to state my reason for the higher rating.
last edit by Tsu on Nov 4, 2022 19:03:51 GMT -5
Wisp has written 3 posts
Enter the Thunderdome [Kumogakure + Allies]Nov 4, 2022 20:08:37 GMT -5
cocoa
Reflect carefully upon your actions.
cocoa Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age birthday rank occupation
Since this is a danger still technically present in C-rank missions, I think I would still prefer to reduce down to C-rank for these spars. Even if accidental injury is a strong possibility, I think "B-rank shinobi forces, but they are not hostile or Trying to kill you" translates down to a C-rank level of experience.
Cocoa has written 196 posts