OPEN: CER2P2 Bout 12 Observers

compose a reply
OPEN: CER2P2 Bout 12 ObserversFeb 24, 2023 23:13:39 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@name | 323 | notes

"GAWD. ANOTHER ONE." Miroru complained, as yet another contestant demanded surrender out of the gate. She still wasn't a huge fan of Pervert-san, this Hotarubi fellow's opponent, but almost every single fight was starting with someone demanding capitulation. "At least I waited until I had the upper hand to ask for a surrender. Who's gonna surrender before there's even been a fight." A broken record, but it was getting more irritating the further into the fights things got.
Predictably, Atagi retorted with that flamboyant panache, and set up a Kekkai armor field, something Miroru was familiar with. "Mm, so he does have some tricks up his sleeve! Let's see how Pervert-san does!"

And after that..? Just... brute brawling. The Hotarubi fellow had some sort of transformation on one hand making it sharp, but... there was something wrong. No meaty slap to the blows landing on him. Atagi looked like he was hitting a mannequin painted like a person.

"... what am I missing here, why're all Pervert-san's hits just- he's moving with the blows but there's no impact. Something's off."
"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 4c/7i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
OPEN: CER2P2 Bout 12 ObserversFeb 26, 2023 13:29:46 GMT -5
Shodo Tsuri
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Shodo Tsuri Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Team 1

Tag
Having recovered from her tears, Tsuri watched the fights down below with some intrigue, watching the motions of the two in slow motion. A cocked sort of expression taking her face into a twist as she looked down, observant as one could be without dojutsu. Though there were a few here that probably thought that she did have one given her oddly colored eyes. As she watched Atagi rush into Hotarubi she caught onto what bothered her. Finally, and it was horrifying... Taki had really brough a monster with them.

"He isn't hitting against flesh and bone. Hotarubi-San isn't even breathing... its like he doesn't need to, and it would seems he truly doesn't. I've fished on stone, and practiced on wood and fish alike... he's definitely something harder then those. I don't actually think he even bleeds." Tsuri would state her observations with some amount of fear. An odd dichotomy for someone who just early had both almost killed her opponent in cold blood and then cried about it.

"Hey Miroru-Chan, I... I think should call a medic to standby if you can. This is about to get really bad. The end to this fight is... its not going to be pretty considered their body language." Tsuri would state looking over as Atagi's armor was shattered.
Wisp has written 217 posts
OPEN: CER2P2 Bout 12 ObserversFeb 26, 2023 15:44:41 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 227 | notes
"So I'm not imagining it, then..." Miroru commented, watching as the blow shattered past the barrier armor, Atagi clearly started to get uncomfortable with how all this was going. Still sticking to it, though, and more was his credit for it. Aiming blows for softer parts of the body- or what should be softer, only to slam into stony substance all over again, clear in every detail, from his expression to the sheer mechanics of punching earthen flesh in his arm and its reverberations after. "... yeah, I think- you might be right. Is- he entirely made of something else..? How is that even possible?"

"No, you're- I think you're right," Miroru said, looking around rapidly, and scampering off briefly after she spotted what looked like an official. It wasn't long before she was back, looking unsettled. "They said they're keeping a close eye on all the fights. So- I guess that's good..." She watched the fight again, chewing her lip. "I don't much like Atagi-san, but I'm starting to get worried this is gonna turn out really badly, like you said... he needs to find a way to hurt Hotarubi or it's not good news."

MISSIONS
OPEN: CER2P2 Bout 12 ObserversFeb 27, 2023 3:29:53 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Deaf Ears

Azarea observed the match below stoic and silent as she tracked the exchange of blows. Her chakra senses stretching outwards to brush over the fight as she tensed feeling the upswell of doton nature as it flooded into Hotarubi as the Takigakure genin began to change. Warping and twisting as he enlarged becoming something utter. Likely using the rock and stone of the arena to suppliment himself as it wasn't an armor or a shell he appeared to be wearing which meant... "Is he an elemental body clan?" Azarea pondered recalling the lightning body clan of Kumogakure.

"If so...." Then Atagi had no way to deal him actual damage beyond outlasting his enemies chakra stores which would only work if the man kept his distance and wore his opponent out. A dishonorable tactic she knew her friend would likely never think to use as gripping the railing hard Azarea leaned forward. Atagi bum rushing his opponent, those earthen jaws snapping out... it all seemed to move in slow motion.

"ATAGI GET OUT OF THERE!!!" Azarea yelled out hoping her words would not fall on deaf ears in the roar of combat.

SA's

Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria [Queen's Coronation Regalia]
A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
OPEN: CER2P2 Bout 12 ObserversFeb 27, 2023 4:00:04 GMT -5
takeda sadako
I'LL STOP WHEN THEY FIND A WAY TO MAKE ME
takeda sadako Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday february 18 rank genin occupation genin

KILLING YOUR IDOLS IS A CHORE

The second of the fights to draw her attention. Sadako hadn’t been called yet, and neither had Junichi, and the number of contestants in the viewing box who hadn’t yet fought was dwindling down to nothing.

The Taki genin was called—but not for her. Sadako tensed, and did not relax. Yamakira Hotarubi. She’d remember that.

He said something crass to her as he went out into the field, but she ignored him, her expression flat, watching him out of the corner of her eye to make sure she didn’t get stabbed in the back.

The air was thick. Tense. Sadako watched in silence, electing not to engage with the chatter going on beside her.

Then: a monster.

Cold sweat trickled down the back of her neck.

It didn’t take long. Atagi was stupid; he should’ve quit. Sadako would have, she knew that down to her bones. There was something charmingly dumb about what Atagi did—did he think there was a weak point? Some kind of big red button he could press in the belly of the beast?

Someone was screaming in her ear, trying and failing to issue a warning in time.

A snap. A crunch. A wet slap as something landed in the candidate box, squarely at her feet: an arm, bloodied, completely out of place.

She picked it up. Someone might need it.

The other went flying, somewhere.

Sadako stared ahead, mouth flat, gaze vacant, as the boy out for her blood stood victorious in the ring below.

LAIKA OF THQ

last edit by takeda sadako on Feb 27, 2023 4:02:44 GMT -5
tactician has written 151 posts
OPEN: CER2P2 Bout 12 ObserversFeb 27, 2023 21:25:22 GMT -5
Shodo Tsuri
Shodo Tsuri Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Team 1

Tag
Tsuri had seen it coming... not actually seen it, but she had predicted it in a way. Maybe that's why she had been so quick to pull out Machigai and cast the line out to catch the other arm. Her face somewhere between blank and perturbed even as she made her move towards pushing forward in this situation. It was disturbing even as her fishing rod's wire wrapped the flying arm and pulled it back most of the way. Turning the Sadako, Tsuri would begin to frown, her expression pitiful towards her fellow shinobi who seemed so deep in shock.

She would learn how to cope eventually... Tsuri hoped.

"I'm gonna take that to the medic Sada-Rin. Okay? Stay tight." Tsuri would say quietly as she closed her eyes and took the still warm arm from Sadako's grip and leaped down to follow after the medics far enough to at least deposit the disembodied limbs of the boy to the staff that could potentially fix the damage that was done. As she did a reaper-ish hunting look would cross her eyes as she moved past Hotarubi.

An Great White Shark's bloodthirst sharply pressing to him for but a moment, challenging the authority of the King of Beasts. Who had given him the authority to not finish his meal... Tsuri would have to ponder that.

Another addendum.

Hakugei's thirst grew.
Wisp has written 217 posts
OPEN: CER2P2 Bout 12 ObserversFeb 28, 2023 0:40:48 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EnchantingHandyCusimanse-mobile.jpg

Miroru stood, frozen, staring down into the arena as it all happened. The contest reduced to a joke reduced to- this. The flung arms splattered red across her face. She didn't blink. She stared down at Hotarubi as he postured. As he g l o a t e d.

He has no respect for his opponent.

She couldn't argue.

It wasn't enough to win. He wasn't even close to losing. He wanted to destroy his foe. This was all for himself.

She couldn't argue.

That's what a true monster looks like. Unrepentant. Selfish. And with the power to take what they want from anyone else. Victory. Limbs. Life.

She couldn't argue.

I'm looking forward to seeing you fight a real monster some day.
Maybe you'll finally stop holding back~

She said nothing. She pried a hand off the railing and lifted it to grip the rock hanging from her necklace, the one with the Senju symbol carved into it. She knew it wasn't going to make him be quiet. But it made her feel a little more stable.

And right now, she needed all the stability she could get.

MISSIONS
last edit by Uchiha Miroru on Feb 28, 2023 0:41:09 GMT -5
OPEN: CER2P2 Bout 12 ObserversFeb 28, 2023 8:37:01 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

A Careful Mask

Azarea grit her fangs her face a mask of anger and regret, but of course Atagi hadn't retreated. Of course the man had barreled on. The Hero in his own story... and he'd lost his arms for it if not his life. As the Kumo nin slowly forces her grip on the railing to relax, her face going blank. There was nothing to be done now. It was all in the hands of the medics though it was doubtful they'd be able to reattach his mangled arms.

Reaching out she rests her hand lightly atop Miroru's head. For once not ruffling the girl's hair, but lending a steady weight as not for the first time she finds herself grateful she'd taken Suzaku out of the running when there were psychos lurking amidst the combatants.

SA's

Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria [Queen's Coronation Regalia]
A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
OPEN: CER2P2 Bout 12 ObserversMar 2, 2023 15:32:03 GMT -5
Hijikata Saga
Hijikata Saga Avatar
groupnull
age 16 years old birthday January 30 rank Adv. Genin occupation Sage Apprentice
header
"cerop2p2 Bout 12".
"How can you move forward if you keep on regretting the past?"

BRUTALITY

The brutality of that fight was something that left Saga completely speechless. He knew Hotarubi from before, or at least he thought he did. When they went on that mission together, they were ruthless with the beasts, but they were just beasts, right? Not people... But this... This was brutal. And yet, he remembered what some people in his village said, that the ninja world was a cruel place, and that sometimes you have to be a true monster to survive. There was no lack of monsters in the Waterfall village, that was true, but maybe because Saga lived on the limits of the village, with barely any contact with the other residents, he wasn't quite like them. Beads of cold sweat rolled down his temples, and his heartbeat went crazy.

"Such ferocity... Such violence... I can't fight that... I... I never thought he was that strong... and that ruthless... Am I... Really ready to become a Chuunin?... I'm not anywhere near their level... And I don't even know if I want to be, if this is what I have to do." he thought to himself. He didn't want to be killed, or maimed; the main reason he even hurt Uta that bad was because she threatened him, which made him think... Maybe he had that violence in him as well. What he did, at the end of the day, wasn't much different.

The boy lowered his head, a saddened and concerned expression took over his feature. "M-maybe I'm like that already, uh?" he sighed. Still, to a degree, the Grass and the Waterfall were enemies. Maybe Hotarubi was trying to eliminate a future threat. But he couldn't stop feeling that sour taste in his mouth.

"There is no such a thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary; you can't gain something without losing something..."

Bout 12
Shocked and speechless
[ ]
[273 words]
Ren has written 93 posts
OPEN: CER2P2 Bout 12 ObserversMar 2, 2023 16:19:48 GMT -5
Yuie Junichi
A headlong leap is a good way to break your neck.
Yuie Junichi Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 11 years old birthday 4/22 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 2
People could be cruel. Junichi knew that. The shinobi life was a violent one. No matter what Kenichi said, Junichi knew that this life had killed their parents, and that it would probably kill the two of them one day, too. Still, seeing that cruelty... Seeing that cruelty.

How could there be people in the world who could do something like this? Hotarubi had won long before he'd bitten down. So why had he done it? Just to gloat? How could he take pleasure in that? Junichi couldn't wrap his mind around it. The world went in slow motion as the arms were tossed into the stand, one right to Sadako. Was that a threat? Junichi felt dizzy, barely able to stand on his own two feet, hearing and seeing the world as through water.

Tsuri took the arm. Junichi knew she talked about it, but he couldn't remember what she said. His eyes were just fixed on Hotarubi. Hotarubi, scanning the stand. For Sadako. For him.

Junichi stumbled back away from the arena. He was going to be sick.
Cocoa has written 370 posts

quick reply

compose a reply