CONTROL HARNESSED: RED KEEP SAGA FINALE | STAGE 2; TEAM 1

compose a reply
CONTROL HARNESSED: RED KEEP SAGA FINALE | STAGE 2; TEAM 1Sept 18, 2023 8:37:02 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
I would know him in death
At the end of the world

There was a wooded area nearby the Red Keep, though it was quite scant as the keep itself was near the sea making it a very vulnerable place to try and invade by anybody's standards. But all the higher ranking shinobi were stationed in this forest, with the job to keep silent and as still as possible until the genin would arrive with their orders of what their next steps would be.

It was generally known that they would be invading, but the details were not yet shared with the group.

There were three teams of chunin and special jounin, stationed a little further ahead of their superior officers - the jounin and elite jounin - with the intention of being the eyes for the higher ranking teams in case they needed to act while the genin had not yet arrived. Though acting would most certainly also spell doom for the genin who were rushing to their destination.

Unsurprisingly there were enemy patrols to keep track of with any sense available to the shinobi, though they walked in a very particular pattern so if timed correctly they would never have to come across them. But it still took a great deal of care...

Some shinobi might find themselves perched up in trees, others blending with the environment with all the training they had received. It would just depend, and they would certainly have to since there was also a few watch tower lookouts but a particularly apt one at the top of the Red Keep.

Ultimately though, right now would be a good time to prepare for battle for the waiting shinobi teams, and any that needed to do something to prepare should do it now lest they be caught in the midst of battle without the necessary tools ready for battle.

Awaiting genin arrival. Stay out of sight or risk compromising genin troops. Prepare for battle as needed.

Please make at least one entrance post to determine general activity

Han has written 2,374 posts
CONTROL HARNESSED: RED KEEP SAGA FINALE | STAGE 2; TEAM 1Sept 18, 2023 9:58:50 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday september 23 rank chuunin occupation mizukage bodyguard

I COULD EAT THE WORLD RAW

Anxiety knotted deep in the pit of Daichi's stomach. There was no logical reason for it: everything had been prepared as well as it could have, and the plan seemed solid from every angle.

Yet no plan survived contact with the enemy, and Toru was just barely within the boundaries of Daichi's active sensory radius: on a different team entirely, up with the rest of the jounin where the bulk of the action would be going down. It was in times like these that Daichi remembered the gulf between them, the empty chasm that lay between the Mizukage's overwhelming competency and Daichi's own underwhelming adequacy. He wanted, more than anything, to be at the Mizukage's side. He was his bodyguard.

But he had his orders; he knew his duty; and it wasn't so bad, being teamed up with Kimihiro. They worked well together, and had for a good while. He had settled for placing a genjutsu intolerance seal on Toru before the teams split up, as was his ritual whenever they parted ways, and hoped it would be of use.

Daichi claimed a high vantage point, perching in the boughs of a high tree and concealing himself within the shadows there. His chakra sensory was active, pushed to the limits of his awareness. His eyepatch hung loose, discarded around his neck, the scarlet red of his doujutsu visible as he readied himself for whatever lay ahead.

He busied himself with preparing two copies of a seal on blank tags: Lion's Closing Roar, a copy each for himself and for Kimihiro. If time had allowed, he would have prepared one for the Mizukage as well.

Though his eyes remained trained on his sealing work, his sensory awareness was laser-focused, primed for the tell-tale pings of either enemy patrols or the incoming genin that would signal the next phase of the operation.

LAIKA OF THQ
tactician has written 260 posts
CONTROL HARNESSED: RED KEEP SAGA FINALE | STAGE 2; TEAM 1Sept 19, 2023 4:37:21 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 4/4 rank Special Jounin occupation Sixth Seat of the Seven Swordsmen

Kaguya Kimihiro

Kimihiro was practically engulfed in greenery on a branch beneath Daichi as he absently began placing exploding tags on his senbon in preparation for what was to come, tongue peeking out from between his lips as he slowly wrapped the weapon with a tag. He didn't need to pay too much attention to their surroundings, beyond his usual situational awareness, as he was paired with a sensor who could track their enemies far more clearly than he could. 

The wait before a mission was always the most boring, and Kimihiro was really looking forward to getting out there and tearing through the opposition, it'd been a while since he'd been able to let loose in such a way.

Tucking the fifteen exploding tag coated senbon into a specific pocket of his outfit, the Kaguya leaned back against the tree trunk and glanced out in the direction of the keep, wondering just what it was that the Genin were up to by now. Seemed a little silly to send them in as the first wave unless Toru-kun was trying to thin the herd, since they were so weak... but what did he know, he wasn't a strategist he was a weapon.

Point him in the direction and watch limbs fly... even if they seemed to be pushing him into more and more tactical situations to prep him for Jounin ranking. Not that he'd ever let them know he knew.

"Ne, Dai-hai, can I get one of those fancy anti-genjutsu seals this time too~" he asked quietly, glancing up at the larger male. 

Word Count: 261
Tags:  ,  

Relevant SA's
Ghost of the Battlefield

Thrown into full blown warfare at a young age, Kimihiro wasn't able to stand up to other shinobi in open combat. As such, he developed the sorts of skills needed to go undetected until he struck, and sometimes not even then. This skillset was then built upon by his mentor and later training in the Hunter-nin corps, honing his natural talent for stealth into a true inheritor of Kirigakure's Silent Killing techniques.

Startling Strength
As one of the Kaguya's Kekkai Genkai wielders Kimihiro was trained in the arts of close combat and deadly taijutsu from a young age. This brutally punishing training regime ensure that despite his slender build and small size, he is significantly stronger than he has any right to be. His focus and skill in taijutsu has made it certain that few Tokubetsu Jounin can match him in raw strength.

The White Storm
Any Shikotsumyaku user who wants to live long enough to hit double digits needs to be fast, and Kimihiro is one of them. Quick and light on his feet, his small form and intense physical training has ensured that he is amongst the fastest of his rank.

Jutsu Used

N/A

Eleri has written 108 posts
CONTROL HARNESSED: RED KEEP SAGA FINALE | STAGE 2; TEAM 1Sept 19, 2023 12:31:56 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age 31 years old birthday January 30th rank occupation
No patrols move in close to the duo that are set just to the right of the Red Keep. A patrol of five arcs close towards the center, but the center is quite a distance away from the two and it is difficult to make anything out.

Aside from the darkness of the Keep nothing else is notable.

They might smell the salt of the sea since they are one of the two mid-ranked groups that can see the sea from their vantage point.

Will they continue their wait or devise a strategy on how their strengths and weaknesses may benefit each other?
Han has written 492 posts
CONTROL HARNESSED: RED KEEP SAGA FINALE | STAGE 2; TEAM 1Sept 20, 2023 5:58:52 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday september 23 rank chuunin occupation mizukage bodyguard

The smell of saltwater lingered on Daichi’s tongue. That group of five was on the edge of his awareness, but didn’t seem to be skirting close to his team or to any of the others. He kept tabs on them as best he could regardless.

Kimihiro’s soft-spoken question came just as he was finishing the second of his seals. Gently, making as little noise and movement as possible, Daichi lowered himself from his higher position to settle in on the same branch. He was careful to position his more considerable weight to not break anything, or send Kimihiro off-balance.

Three hand seals and a brief, delicate touch to the other man’s forehead, and the genjutsu intolerance seal was in place. He handed one of the shishi heiko seals to Kimi as well, tucking his own copy into the cuff on his wrist for easy access.

"It’ll shut down an enemy’s chakra network,” he said, keeping his voice low and quiet. "Won’t stop them from moving, though, so be careful.”

Rather than risk further movement, he settled in place where he was, taking some small comfort in Kimi’s morbidly reassuring presence. Waiting was awful, so he did more prep work, writing out explosive tags to attach to his shuriken and kunai.

"We’re supposed to be cleaning up the lower levels while the others move ahead,” he said softly, his tongue poking out just slightly between his teeth as he focused: the picture-perfect image of a nerd at work, even in this tense environment. "I won’t be able to set off explosives without risking some structural integrity, so ideally if we can establish some kind of bottleneck I can lay some lower-intensity traps—I don’t want to get in your way, though. How do you want me in there?”

LAIKA OF THQ

CONTROL HARNESSED: RED KEEP SAGA FINALE | STAGE 2; TEAM 1Sept 21, 2023 9:26:43 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 4/4 rank Special Jounin occupation Sixth Seat of the Seven Swordsmen

Kaguya Kimihiro

Moving instinctually in a way to prevent Daichi's own movements from shaking the tree too much, the small Kaguya smiled slightly as he felt the seal imprint itself on his forehead, taking the offered seal and placing it in one of his outfit's pockets for ease of access later. "That's ok, I know how to stop someone from moving pretty well," he replied with quiet cheer, a falsely innocent smile spreading across his face.

Humming silently, it took the older male a lot of self control not to jump on the accidental innuendo Daichi offered. Not quite the time and the place, not with as stressed as he could see the larger man was, the joke probably wouldn't alleviate tension and wasn't worth the possible noise that would come from it. He'd just have to be amused internally for a few moments as he pictured how red Daichi would go if he made it clear how he 'wanted him'.

It would have been a very easy tease.

Alas, instead he had to take this a bit more seriously.

"We should set up a kill zone I think, I'm not sure if you have any more tricks than before, but you know I'm a frontline combatant, and I'd do best with enough room to move around, but if we can funnel enemies towards me then I can blend them~" he offered, knowing that Daichi was primarily support and barrier oriented, it seemed logical to have the younger man basically herd their enemies into Kimihiro's loving embrace where he could do what he did best. 

Word Count: 263

Relevant SA's
Ghost of the Battlefield

Thrown into full blown warfare at a young age, Kimihiro wasn't able to stand up to other shinobi in open combat. As such, he developed the sorts of skills needed to go undetected until he struck, and sometimes not even then. This skillset was then built upon by his mentor and later training in the Hunter-nin corps, honing his natural talent for stealth into a true inheritor of Kirigakure's Silent Killing techniques.

Startling Strength
As one of the Kaguya's Kekkai Genkai wielders Kimihiro was trained in the arts of close combat and deadly taijutsu from a young age. This brutally punishing training regime ensure that despite his slender build and small size, he is significantly stronger than he has any right to be. His focus and skill in taijutsu has made it certain that few Tokubetsu Jounin can match him in raw strength.

The White Storm
Any Shikotsumyaku user who wants to live long enough to hit double digits needs to be fast, and Kimihiro is one of them. Quick and light on his feet, his small form and intense physical training has ensured that he is amongst the fastest of his rank.

Jutsu Used

N/A

last edit by Kaguya Kimihiro on Sept 25, 2023 0:55:01 GMT -5
CONTROL HARNESSED: RED KEEP SAGA FINALE | STAGE 2; TEAM 1Sept 24, 2023 7:18:09 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Blissfully oblivious to the mercy Kimihiro had silently given to his chronic foot-in-mouth syndrome, Daichi concentrated on finishing affixing his fresh explosive tags to his weapons.

"I can't really prepare them ahead of time," he said softly, carefully storing his now-highly-explosive weaponry, "but setting up paralysis and repulsion seals in choke points and entryways should keep the enemy contained to a specific space. They try to run, they, uh--"

Daichi grinned, ruefully morbid. "Get knocked back into the blender, I guess."

He considered his options for a moment, running through his mental catalog of seals and techniques. He felt woefully lacking--there was still no sign of the genin, but he was running out of things to prepare.

"I should've asked Lord Mizukage if he wanted me to do this for him," he said, "but if there's anything you want to prepare ahead of time with your bone techniques, I can seal them so they're a little easier to access."
LAIKA OF THQ
CONTROL HARNESSED: RED KEEP SAGA FINALE | STAGE 2; TEAM 1Sept 25, 2023 1:16:20 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

"You know Toru-kun doesn't have Shikotsumyaku, right?" he teased slightly, though perhaps the larger male meant the Mizukage's coral jutsu... but that was less fun to acknowledge rather than throw Daichi off a little. Mostly he was trying to distract the Chuunin from anything that was worrying him. Waiting was boring to someojne like Kimihiro, but it seemed it increased the anxiety of Daichi, and the Kaguya had seen that reaction before too, better to try and cut it off before it could build.

"None of my jutsu would benefit from me using them now, they're mostly meant to be reactive and the looks on enemies' faces when I use them is too good to pass up~" he grinned at this, somehow managing to look innocent and angelic while talking about killing people as he ripped the bones from his own body. It honestly did provide a lot of openings in a fight though, because people didn't expect such a thing, for obvious reasons.

Really, while it was a nice offer, to Kimihiro it was probably easier to simply use his Kekkai Genkai when he needed, and not worry too much about it. It wasn't like he was slow with it after all.

Word Count: 203

Relevant SA's
Ghost of the Battlefield

Startling Strength

The White Storm

Jutsu Used

N/A

CONTROL HARNESSED: RED KEEP SAGA FINALE | STAGE 2; TEAM 1Sept 27, 2023 12:00:55 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

The duo as they prepared would be met with the Oinin Captain himself arriving on the scene - though only Kimihiro would be privy to that knowledge, nonetheless Zaizen was well known as a higher-up in the village and Daichi should have no reason to deny the command as it is came quietly.

"Orders have been give we are to press on with the attack on the Red Keep at once by order of the Mizukage. We have to break through to the Red Keep at all costs and capture it for the glory of Kirigakure. The chuunin and special Jounin forces are to press on with the attack while the jounin forces break into the Keep and capture it."

The two would be met with the challenge now of pressing forward as commanded and to take on what was set before them. Directly ahead the path seemed rather clear, aside from the guards that stood at the Red Keep's actual door, though there was a troop of five making arounds near the center and a direct approach would have them be seen. Though the assault was not necessarily meant to be stealthy, the option was there. The two had to decide what to do, and do it to bring glory to their village.

Posts Due: 12:00 AM Friday, September 29th CST
Notes: A clear path is ahead though there is a troop wandering and guards at the main doors. You may choose a stealthy approach or a head-on one, though even a stealthy one will ultimately get you seen at one point when all the fighting begins.

CONTROL HARNESSED: RED KEEP SAGA FINALE | STAGE 2; TEAM 1Sept 27, 2023 23:03:24 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Toru-kun. Daichi wrinkled his nose, the distaste immediately showing on his face at Kimi’s informal honorific. It felt somehow less disrespectful than when Ryo said the same thing—Kimihiro was just like that, teasing nicknames, always poking and prodding and fishing for an interesting reaction—but it still sat wrong that anyone should refer to the Mizukage so casually, so intimately.

The way Kimi spoke so innocently of his butchery was genuinely unsettling, but Daichi had witness him first-hand in combat before, and couldn’t deny the effectiveness of his tactics. Before he had a chance to respond, though, a chakra signature pricked at the edge of his periphery—a friendly, rapidly approaching. He nudged Kimi and gestured with his chin in the direction the signature was coming.

"I think we’re up,” he said softly, and sure enough Zaizen shortly materialized from the darkness with their orders. Daichi responded to the directive with only a brief nod, and turned to Kimi.

"There’s guards at the main doors and a patrol of five coming back towards the center. We’ll be seen as soon as the fighting starts anyway—we should go loud, make enough of a commotion to draw the guards away from the door and give the jounin a chance to break in.” He gave Kimi pin-point directions to the locations of both the patrol and the gate guards: how many meters and in what direction. "I’ll follow your lead.”

As soon as it was time to act, his building anxiety melted away—with something to do he was able to calm himself, and focus on the task at hand. Glory to the village, yes; there was no way in hell he’d let Toru down.

LAIKA OF THQ

CONTROL HARNESSED: RED KEEP SAGA FINALE | STAGE 2; TEAM 1Sept 28, 2023 23:11:44 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

Completely oblivious to Daichi's inner conflict, Kimihiro simply sat and waited, perking up as the Chuunin informed him that they were going to be starting soon. His head tilted slightly to the side at the sight of Zaizin-san appearing, a little confused as to why he would be telling them to go ahead. Still, Zaizin-san was one of the boss-people of the village, so if he said it was time to go, then it was time to go!

Listening to the layout as Daichi described it, the Kaguya thought for a moment, "we need to take out the patrol first I think, avoid getting pinched between them and the gate guards. If we can come up behind the patrol we can catch them off guard a lot easier, be good to whittle them down a little before they can react just in case they're a bit stronger than we can handle..." he frowned slightly, and promised himself to learn some more area of effect and long range Ninjutsu to even out some of his shortcomings, because in this team that was definitely a limiting factor for how they approached things.

"Let's go, and quietly" he said, heading off to where the rear of the patrol would be, assuming it wasn't too far out of the way. Making sure to utilise his rather significant stealth skills while not slowing down significantly, Kimihiro would trying and come up behind the patrol group without alerting them.

He wanted to take a few moments to see what they were up against if he could, target prioritisation, as he didn't have anything particularly AOE except his exploding tags. If they got spotted at any point however, the Kaguya would change tactics and charge. But ideally, stealth initially.

Word Count: 292

Relevant SA's
Ghost of the Battlefield

Startling Strength

The White Storm

Jutsu Used

N/A

CONTROL HARNESSED: RED KEEP SAGA FINALE | STAGE 2; TEAM 1Sept 28, 2023 23:37:36 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Daichi relayed some information but ultimately conceded to following Kimihiro's lead and the Kaguya boy jumped down from the trees and started moving towards the center. It was a decent way's away from the two of them and while the Kaguya was well trained in stealth, Daichi was not as much.

They would come into the field of vision of the group sitting in the center at some point - Keiji and Kasumi - who had yet to make their move as of yet.

But for now it was just the duo creeping up on the patrol of five, the question would be whether they could take them all on because the closer they got the more Daichi would be able to sense that these signatures were approximately at his own chakra range and not just some silly little peons who could not do anything...

Kimihiro would not be able to stay behind and out of sight for long though as the group would begin to curve at some point to change their trajectory and the swatch of white hair was visible creeping behind.

If the Kaguya did not do something then and there, he and Daichi would be immediately spotted and an alert would sound.

"An attack! Forest patrol!"

One of the men in the patrol turned his hands moving through a set of hand seals as the five blocked Daichi and Kimihiro from getting to him, and then many little fires would be created before they shot out towards the duo - and the surrounding area - immediately putting everyone who was not in the patrol formation in danger.

Posts Due: 11:40 AM Saturday, September 30, 2023 CST
NAME: Katon: Zekkyō Satsujin [Fire Style: Screaming Murder]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Katon
HANDSEALS: 3
TRIGGER: N/A
DESCRIPTION:
After three hand-seals, the user will clap their hands together and create a dozen or so small, swallow like birds of fire around them. The birds are then used as projectiles, fired all at once, with a range of twenty meters, which they can cover in five seconds. They can cause serious burns, and disfigurement alone. But together can easily take down a group of shinobi as they will ignite any flammable objects, such as clothes.

The patrol of five have noticed Kimihiro and Daichi, one who seems to be the leader has taken charge already by creating a rather dangerous fire technique for the two to deal with.

CONTROL HARNESSED: RED KEEP SAGA FINALE | STAGE 2; TEAM 1Sept 29, 2023 0:48:39 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Daichi nodded, readily accepting Kimi’s direction, and followed as quietly in the other man’s wake as he could manage. Kimi, being smaller and slighter than him and much more well-practiced in the art of stealth, seemed to hardly make a sound as they carefully made their way towards the rear of the patrol; Daichi felt like a lumbering beast in comparison, internally cringing every time his foot fell too loudly
on crunching leaves or a twig gently snapped beneath his weight.

As they got closer, Daichi got a better read on the patrol’s chakra signatures, and he frowned, slipping closer to Kimihiro to urgently whisper: "these aren’t normal lackeys, they’re about on par with me—”

The patrol changed trajectory abruptly, putting both Kimihiro and Daichi in their line of sight.

If Kimihiro acted immediately, Daichi would join the offensive, flinging two of his explosive-tagged kunai into the middle of the patrol and blowing up both tags with a handseal.

If the alert had time to sound, he would instead swear under his breath, taking immediate reaction to act defensive—forming three handseals as quickly as he was able to throw up three barrier walls to their front and flanks. He would press his hands against the surface of the wall to channel enough chakra into them to strengthen their defenses, hopefully protecting them from the worst of the enemy’s onslaught.

LAIKA OF THQ

IF Kimi acts immediately, C-rank explosive seals are used:
NAME: Exploding Seal Jutsu [Bakukami no Jutsu]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low - Very High
CLASSIFICATION: Fūinjutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 0
DESCRIPTION:
One of the simplest jutsu thought to almost all beginner fuuinjutsu users. This technique has been used for centuries being put on exploding notes of all sorts. The idea behind this jutsu is to seal a certain amount of the user's chakra inside of a seal and release it at a later date using a simple seal. The user is capable of inscribing the seal onto any [non human] surface and the explosion strength can be varied depending on how much chakra the user puts into the seal,C rank being your average explosive note.

IF the alarm is sounded, Barrier: Wall and Barrier: Strengthen are used:
NAME: Kekkai: Kabe (Barrier: Wall)
TECH TYPE: universal | Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: None
CHAKRA USAGE:Very low - Very High depending on size of wall/ Very Low to maintain
DESCRIPTION:
The user creates a solid wall like barrier that appears almost instantly anywhere within a 15ft radius. The wall itself is highly durable and requires D ranked jutsu power to shatter anything lower would simply be ineffective against the wall if not outright break after coming in contact with it, with weapons would need to be empowered with chakra to do any damage though that are not are ineffective with projectiles harmless clattering down to the ground. The wall can be sprung up in a moments notice and the shape and size of it varies depending on the users preference and chakra use (anywhere between 5ft and 15ft tall). As many walls can be made as the user wishes to make (or have the chakra to make) however the plus side is that once the walls are created they take no chakra to maintain. Requires three hand seals.

NAME: Kekkai: Kyōka Suru (Barrier: Strengthen)
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
ELEMENT: --
DESCRIPTION:
After the user creates a Kekkai Barrier, they can place their hands on the surface of the barrier and funnel chakra into it. This chakra serves to strengthen the barrier, increasing its durability by fortifying it to the next level of material strength. (Stages of Barrier Strength: Intangible > Glass > Wood > Stone > Iron > Steel > Fortified > Indestructible
)
Using this technique to strengthen the barrier, the user must maintain their hands on its surface to keep the durability intact. Once the user removes their hands, the barrier will retain its original quality of strength. This technique can only be used to improve up to C-ranked Kekkai Ninjutsu Techniques.

CONTROL HARNESSED: RED KEEP SAGA FINALE | STAGE 2; TEAM 1Sept 30, 2023 7:34:16 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

The moment that it was apparent that they were about to be spotted, Kimihiro moved. His body seemed to suddenly spark with lightning as he nearly vanished from view, covering the distance between himself and the patrol group faster even than Daichi's thrown Kunai as he unleashed Raippo upon the enemy, his body blurring through dozens of powerful taijutsu strikes with mind numbing speed as he tried to make his way towards the one trying to use a jutsu, hoping to disrupt the use of ninjutsu.

Regardless of his success in this, Kimihiro's close combat capabilties were what gave him his Tokubetsu Jounin rank, so it was likely to be difficult for chuunin level opponents to keep up.

Daichi's thrown kunai were Kimihiro's signal to disengage, the Kaguya stepping back in sparks of lightning to avoid being within the blast radius of the attack, even as he reached for the seal embedded in his flesh to draw the Kubikiribocho now that he was close to the enemy. In the same motion he leapt forward, the massive blade slicing through the air as Katon chakra gathered around it, a massive wave of fire arching at the enemies as he unleashed Katon: Hakōgeki upon them, hoping to take them by surprise thanks to the explosions.

And if any of them were within range of the Executioner's Blade when he swung it... well, at least their wounds would be cauterised.

Word Count: 237

Relevant SA's
Ghost of the Battlefield

Startling Strength

The White Storm

Jutsu Used

NAME: Raiippo [Thunder Step]

CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu

ELEMENT: None

DESCRIPTION:

The thunder step is a step beyond the wind step. The user will move their body even more faster than that in the wind step, and with their chakra, will cause their body to appear like "lightning" flying around the opponent in circles; there have been instances where the user has also appeared as a hundred sharp pieces of paper that fly around the opponent. This move is far more difficult to predict than the wind step and the user can launch dozens of attacks within seconds to quickly wear the opponent down. (tai primary only)

NAME: Katon: Hakōgeki [Fire Style: Rending Light Attack]
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu
HANDSEALS: N/A
REQUIREMENT: Sword
DESCRIPTION:

The user gathers katon chakra into their blade before slashing to release the chakra in a large arc, a wave of blistering hot fire burning whatever is in its path. It travels up to 5m and is as wide as the full swing of the sword used for the technique. This jutsu causes second degree burns on contact at best, and will ignite someone if they are caught inside.

CONTROL HARNESSED: RED KEEP SAGA FINALE | STAGE 2; TEAM 1Sept 30, 2023 11:04:48 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world
@--

Kimihiro shot just ahead of the kunai, in an attempt to to cause an immediate issue for the patrol. But they had practiced, and it seemed that someone on the team was putting themselves in the way as the leader went through with the three hand seals, after all three hand seals and a clap was not exactly a long affair. This almost insured that Kimihiro's attacks did not land on the man...

The Kaguya would get out of the way for Daichi's kunai to detonate, and now any chance at stealth was dead as the entire Red Keep shook with the sound of the explosions. The patrol did not have time to scatter, but the technique was done -

Worse yet the fire birds were flying directly for both Daichi and Kimihiro and now as Kimihiro jumped with his sword drawn, he would be flying directly in the way of the fire that was moving towards him in the din and chaos of smoke and fire Kimihiro would unlikely be able to distinguish explosion fire from the fire birds, but he would have to be able to maneuver mid-air and do so very carefully to be able to avoid the burns and the ignition of the fabric that was on his body.

Daichi too would need to find a way to dodge as all of this seemed to be happening simultaneously.

There was also a sword flying from the trees - Kasumi's sword - that was heading dead-on for Kimihiro at this moment since it was aimed at the leader who is on the ground from the explosion.

Posts Due: 11:00 PM Sunday, October 1st, 2023 CST

Leader:
NAME: Katon: Zekkyō Satsujin [Fire Style: Screaming Murder]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
HANDSEALS: 3
TRIGGER: N/A
DESCRIPTION:
After three hand-seals, the user will clap their hands together and create a dozen or so small, swallow like birds of fire around them. The birds are then used as projectiles, fired all at once, with a range of twenty meters, which they can cover in five seconds. They can cause serious burns, and disfigurement alone. But together can easily take down a group of shinobi as they will ignite any flammable objects, such as clothes.

Enemies 1-4: Intercepting Kimihiro's attacks at sacrifice of their bodies to allow their leader to pull off the technique.

The patrol of five are on the ground after the explosion, it is unclear if they are dead or not. Daichi and Kimihiro must find a way to avoid the fire birds, Kimihiro especially as he is mid-air launching another attack.

last edit by Kaguya Toru on Sept 30, 2023 12:05:16 GMT -5