raika hyuga
"If they tell you no, do it anyway."
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday June 13th 1001 rank Chuunin occupation ANBU Black Ops
468 words

D-rank exp training: 1/8
SA training: medical knowledge

This was an entirely new kind of training for Raika, who had really only ever seriously trained with Taijutsu, and had only done a smattering of training with Medical Ninjutsu before she'd become too clearly unruly for the clan to keep her around, especially since they'd been trying to make her heiress before Shigure came to be the clan leader and named his own sibling as the heir in a bid to help eradicate the main-branch family dichotomy within the Hyuuga clan. She'd learned enough from that training to learn how to attain great control over her chakra, with which she'd learned to turn the chakra she expels from her fingers into almost infinitely sharp blades that could easily cut through flesh, but anything further had required much more intense medical knowledge training than she had access to at such a young age. In a sense, she was really only taught chakra scalpel to be able to attain even greater chakra control, to make her Jyuken far more focused. Once she'd been sent away to Kawa, that training had stopped entirely.

And now here the Genin was, begging for instruction from one of the more advanced ninja in Konoha, a medical ninja and a member of the Nara clan as well. She could only hope she wouldn't disappoint, but she's never considered herself particularly clever, save for her ability in Taijutsu. This was the kind of training she might have simply regarded as "nerd stuff" with a dismissive hand wave. But it was the only other thing she'd had training in, and an auntie that had actually been at least somewhat supportive of Shigure had suggested she ask this Nara for some help in learning more about medical training.

"I guess we'll see if I'm even smart enough to learn about this crap..."

Raika spoke more to herself than to anyone else. At the moment, she figured she was alone, sitting in the library of all places, a battleground completely unfamiliar to the Genin. She still wore her usual outfit, but her black coveralls were zipped all the way up, and the Hung Gar rings were stowed and out of the way. Her straight black hair was tied back in a ponytail with one lock of hair draped over the right side, and her piercing amaranthine eyes were somewhat uneasy and glancing this way and that, despite the fact that she could activate her Byakugan and look in every direction at once if she really wanted to. In a rare display of nervousness, her right foot, clad in a  combat boot was bouncing a little, the heel clapping against the floor until a librarian comes and shushes her, so instead she fiddles with the headband tied around her neck while she waits for Shikajin to make an appearance.

by Pinn @ THQ
Babs has written 255 posts
🤓 [SA Training][Nara Shikajin]Oct 2, 2023 9:34:40 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 26 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation Ops Team 3

Another day, another young one in the village that needed medical training; well, this one wasn't necessarily young but she needed help nevertheless. Shikajin had noted the rise in requests to iryo-shinobi over the last few months and while it did put a bit more on his already packed schedule he was content with helping as it meant that others would have at least the basic knowledge to help themselves and others. Medical ninjutsu was such a specialized skill that it couldn't be taught in the academy and most squad leaders were little help as well aside from training their charges in chakra control, so the onus often landed on those who were already medics to teach.

As the Nara made his way towards the village library he gave a thought to who he'd teaching today: an older genin from the Hyuga clan. They definitely had the advantages to become fine medics but truth be told the man rarely saw them choose that route. Of course, their abilities were also well suited for field work so it was an uphill battle trying to pry any away from that; perhaps the recent shake up would change some minds. Entering the building, pack in tow and dressed as typically as possible with the exception of his flak jacket, dark hues would scan the area for the one in need of training and it didn't take long to find the one person with eyes different from literally everyone else in the library.

"Apologies for making you wait, hopefully it wasn't too long. My name is Shikajin and I'll be helping you with your medical studies today." The chunin began as he laid his bag on the table. "To begin, tell me what you know about medical ninjutsu. No need to be redundant on things you already know if we can help it." The Nara started all of his lessons with gauging his students baseline and adjusted his tutelage from there. One of the most mind numbing things in the world was hearing stuff that was already known.

### |  | notes
ulla
Kata has written 271 posts
🤓 [SA Training][Nara Shikajin]Oct 2, 2023 10:31:44 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
350 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 2/8
SA TRAINING: MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE

Raika is relieved when the person showing up to teach her the medical techniques at least looks somewhat like a regular ninja, and not someone too heavily bookish or "intellectual" to have any other practical knowledge. Her combat boot stops bouncing and she looks directly at the Nara, giving him a quick glance up and down before he introduces himself, and much like her, seems ready to go straight from introduction to the topic of meeting, and it's definitely a style she much prefers to some of the formal endless introductions that she'd had to learn when she had been younger in the Hyuuga clan.

"Hi, I'm Raika. Thanks for coming to teach me. As for what I know about medical ninjutsu... I know more about how to hurt people than how to heal them, to be totally honest with you. In fact, the only medical technique I was ever taught was this kind of thing..."

Raika somewhat clumsily performs five handseals, though she at least does them quickly enough before extending the first two fingers of her right hand straight upwards, and with a bit of careful focus and a show of a great deal of control over her own chakra, she manages to create a sharp blade made entirely of chakra with both of her fingers working together to make a nearly infinitely sharp knife tip. She keeps it going for a few seconds before ending her expulsion of chakra, ending the technique again just as quickly. She'd only learned that when she had been younger, but then she realizes that she knows at least a little bit more about things other than jutsu.

"I guess I know a little bit about poultices and toxins, but most of that I learned in Kawa, and I feel like some of that was a whole bunch of witchdoctory stuff. Besides, there don't seem to be any of the same kind of toxic plants or creatures around Konoha, so I guess some of that knowledge isn't really all that helpful. So I know the difference between poisonous and venomous, I guess?"

by Pinn @ THQ
🤓 [SA Training][Nara Shikajin]Oct 3, 2023 11:45:05 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Shikajin could only be but so surprised hearing Raika's answer. She hailed from a clan known for their attacking prowess so it only made sense that even specialized teachings would be tinged in that manner. He would watch as the woman demonstrated the sole medical technique that she knew and in true fashion to her previous words it was one of the deadliest techniques in all of iryo-ninjutsu: the chakra scalpel. It was a technique that required an intense amount of chakra control and generally wasn't the first thing that someone learned about the medical arts, after all they were meant to heal. Raika's mention of having some knowledge of toxins and healing ointments was interesting, though she hinted at the method of her learning being less studious and more "in-the-field" for lack of a better term.

"All knowledge is useful even if it's not applied daily. With that said, you've already learned one of the foundational medical techniques so we'll be focusing on jutsu and concepts that heal instead." Shikajin replied as he reached into his bag and removed two scrolls. He would place one to the side while unfurling the other revealing an intricate sealing formula with a circle in the middle encompassing the character for 'fish'. The chunin would press a hand to the seal and with a small poof the body of a seemingly lifeless fish would appear. "This is a more advanced technique but you've already shown that you have the chakra control necessary for medical jutsu so while I don't expect you to learn it today the practice will help you master less daunting techniques going forward."

The Nara would place both hands inches above the fish as he began to focus healing chakra towards them, a green aura coating his hands in the process. After about half a minute the fish would spring back to life --or in this case consciousness-- while flipping and flopping everywhere. With a single seal Shikajin would reseal the creature back into the scroll before swapping it out with the second scroll that he would place in front of Raika. "The Mystical Palm technique is one of the strongest healing techniques in a medic's arsenal, granted there are other ways to heal depending on the injury, but this one will cover most things. Begin by focusing chakra to your hands but not in the fashion of a scalpel that you're used to, it must be of the healing variety then you'll transfer it to the target."

The medic would fall silent to let the Hyuga concentrate on her attempt. There were quite a few things she would need to unlearn and do differently compared to what she already knew, but would she recognize and adjust?

NAME: Shousen Jutsu - [Mystical Palm Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium [Continuous]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [Medical]
REQUIREMENTS: Enhanced Chakra Control & Medical Training SAs
ELEMENT: N/a
HANDSEALS: 2
DESCRIPTION:
This medical ninjutsu allows the user to speed up the body's natural healing process by sending chakra from their hands into a wound or afflicted body part. This allows the user to heal a patient without the need for medical equipment or surgery, making it very useful on the battlefield. It can be used to treat both external and internal injuries. It is vital to match the amount of chakra used to the severity of the affliction or injury. This requires a great amount of chakra control. Because of this, only a few highly skilled medical-nin are able to use this technique to it's full potential. As miraculous as this technique is, it should be known that it can only speed up what the body is already capable of doing.

### | | notes
ulla
🤓 [SA Training][Nara Shikajin]Oct 3, 2023 12:52:31 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
505 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 3/8

Raika is silent a bit as she listens to Shikajin speak, surprised that he thought of her knowledge about toxins and poisons might still be useful, even if it sounds like the Chuunin agrees that she probably wasn't going to use that knowledge very often. Still, he seems somewhat impressed that she'd been able to learn the Chakra Scalpel technique, as had their mutual acquaintance when she'd mentioned that it was the only medical technique she knew, and that she wanted to learn more about the medical field. She watches intently as he reaches into the bag he'd brought along with him to pull out a pair of scrolls, and then unrolls one. The Hyuuga's eyebrows furrow a little when she can clearly read the word for "fish" written in the central area of the scroll, which really made no sense to her, but she activates her Byakugan anyway to prepare to see what he does and how he does it, so she's quite surprised to see that he does, indeed, pull a mostly dead fish from the scroll. She can see its heart still beating and its body struggling to breathe in the far-too-heavy atmosphere and without water running across its gills.

The Genin then keeps watch as Shikajin performs a technique she'd never seen before herself, and the way the chakra comes from his hands is completely different from the method of the Jyuken style that the Hyuuga make so much use of in Taijutsu. Instead of a quick burst or a blast of chakra, Shikajin is emitting a steady, constant stream of chakra into the fish, but the way the chakra moves throughout the fish's body is highly precise and diligent as it works to heal the fish. Although she can keep track of its heart beating even faster and its lungs working much more efficiently, she's still surprised when it begins to flop about and make a bit of a mess until the Nara manages to seal it back within its scroll.

"HOLY-!"

Raika seems to remember where she is and drops her volume and her pitch down quite a bit before she continues.

"Holy crap. I'm not sure I've got enough knowledge about medical jutsu to make it work-"

Unfortunately for Raika, it seems that Shikajin is really all that interested in her excuses as he places the scroll directly in front of her. Despite her earlier protestations, she listens to him explain how she must at least start with the training. She tries to do it with her palms up at first, but she just ends up essentially making a continuous blast of chakra at first, and she immediately stops the flow of chakra while the Nara is left to watch her somewhat struggle with changing her chakra to the healing variety. Raika then takes deep breaths and just tries to remember how Shikajin had done it, how he'd molded the chakra differently before putting out a much slower and more gentle seeping of chakra from both her palms.

by Pinn @ THQ
🤓 [SA Training][Nara Shikajin]Oct 3, 2023 15:44:39 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Shikajin would watch on as Raika tried her first attempt at bringing back the fish and as expected it didn't go well. Where there should have been an aura of healing chakra radiating from her there were instead violent bursts that in any normal situation would do more harm than good. This was no doubt a product of both inexperience and what she was used to doing with her chakra with other techniques. While the Nara wasn't intimately familiar with the Hyuga he was aware of how their fighting style required very precise chakra control when pushing out their reserves and if he had to guess this was what Raika was imagining. No matter, this was still part of finding her baseline and they'd be able to adjust from there.

He would hear the genin lament her lack of medical knowledge --and while there was some truth to those words-- this was not the end of the world. "Not yet, but that's why we learn and train. The goal for this exercise is to get you used to a different type of chakra. What I saw you use was attacking and violent which I imagine is something that is utilized for other techniques, but medical jutsu require something entirely different. Visualize a calmer, lighter aura when focusing your chakra. One that is meant to heal and reconstruct instead of punish and destroy. Take a moment then try once more."

The chunin would once more allow Raika to try her hand at the technique or more specifically working on altering her chakra. Failure wasn't fun but there was always an opportunity to learn from those mistakes and use them as stepping stones for improvement yet without the proper foundation nothing of substance could be built upon it.

### |  | notes
ulla
🤓 [SA Training][Nara Shikajin]Oct 3, 2023 16:02:44 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
386 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 4/8

Raika at least seems to understand what the Chuunin is getting at to try and teach her, so she goes ahead and gives it another shot, focusing even more intently on moving her chakra in a far more gentle expulsion, but it's still only producing the more damaging bright blue chakra that would normally be used during Jyuken. She dismisses the chakra each time, with every attempt getting more and more soft with the force she's using to expel chakra from her hands. It had taken years to get to the point that she would be able to practically make chakra explode from her palms or her fingers, and now she had to retrain not her chakra control, but her own mind to be able to send out chakra from those tenketsu far more gently and to convert it on the way to her hands at the same time. It takes almost an hour of careful focus before she manages to just get a form of chakra resonating from her palms, almost more like a gentle exhale than an actual eruption of chakra the way she'd been doing it before.

"I.. I think I'm doing it... I think I've got the chakra movement down... Now I just have to convert it..."

This part is even more difficult for Raika, as she'd only seen Shikajin do it once, but at least now her own chakra wasn't actively damaging the fish as it laid on the paper and slowly got closer and closer to gasping its way to death. Unfortunately, this time limit is only making Raika nearly panic with the attempt to save the fish, and she takes a moment to center herself and remember how she'd seen the Chuunin change that chakra before it left his hands. While she just wasn't able to replicate it very well, she did watch the chakra passing from her tenketsu take on a minor change in coloration, from the bright blue into a slightly softer color. The other problem with her attempt with this is that it's otherwise completely new to her, as she's only recently learned to even change chakra with an elemental nature change, and this type of change to her chakra was nothing like that. Raika struggles severely with this training, but she's determined to keep going.

by Pinn @ THQ
🤓 [SA Training][Nara Shikajin]Oct 4, 2023 16:00:32 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

The passage of time was uneventful as Shikajin watched the genin work to adjust her chakra. Even though she had learned the chakra scalpel it only required a fine amount of control of one's regular chakra flow, one that Raika was very familiar with and had no doubt used in her other techniques but what she was attempting now was something wholly different. Just about every technique a medic used incorporated this softer chakra flow to help heal their patients. Well, 'heal' wasn't the correct term as what they were actually doing was speeding up the body's natural ability to heal itself but that was semantics at this juncture.

While the man himself wasn't a sensor or lacked any kind of special abilities to see the flowing of chakra he was able to note that Raika's attempts were resulting in less and less violent bursts of chakra as before; she had yet to reach a state where her chakra flowed consistently but it seemed that the genin had understood the concept and was beginning to put it into practice. They would have been here all night if Shikajin let the girl continue with her attempts, or until she ran out of chakra whichever came first, so it was time for a change of pace.

"Alright let's take a step back for a moment, can't have you passing out from chakra exhaustion." Shikajin would speak before taking a seat on one of the chairs adjacent to the table. "Tell me what you're experiencing during your attempts. How you're feeling, what seems different when you're focusing chakra compared to how you usually do for other techniques. Anything you aren't quite understanding that I can help explain for you?"

There were some lessons that were better suited for simple question and answer scenarios, and had Raika had no experience with medicine then that was very well what they'd be doing, but since this was a hands on lesson it was important to let the genin verbalize the process and how she was feeling.

### |  | notes
ulla
🤓 [SA Training][Nara Shikajin]Oct 5, 2023 9:27:39 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
402 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 5/8

Raika feels more and more disappointed in herself as she tries over and over again to try and change her chakra, but she seems to be hitting a brick wall on changing her chakra from being the harmful kind that she's been using all her life with the Jyuken. It was also a completely different level of control than what she was used to, requiring little in the way of shape transformation in the way that chakra scalpel required, but much more requirement on changing the way the chakra was to be used. She could feel that she was rapidly getting better at shaping the chakra that was being released from her hands, though she could only keep that up for a short while before she would either try too hard and end up pushing with her chakra, or easing back on the chakra so much that it was barely a trickle, and of no use to use with the healing technique she'd seen Shikajin perform earlier.

She was actually starting to get a headache when the Chuunin finally tells her to stop trying for now, so she wouldn't pass out from using up all her chakra in unsuccessful attempts to use a technique that was honestly far outside her level of capability. As it is, it's probably very useful to try and teach how it's done, but Raika feels almost like a failure for having to work so hard and producing so little in the way of results from trial and error that it seems the Nara has decided to change tact entirely and help her through with a query and answer format instead.

"Oh, I'm understanding it for the most part, as far as the chakra control aspect of it. The problem I'm having is that I have no idea how you changed your chakra from being the destructive kind to the healing variety. I spent years learning to use the Jyuken, which uses chakra to cause internal damage to a target. I've never used chakra to heal like this..."

She hopes she's getting across how unnatural this kind of idea is for Shikajin, but she's also never been very good at explaining her feelings to others. That wasn't exactly within the normal conversations among the Hyuuga clan, as feelings were often ignored, stifled, repressed, or at the very least discouraged within the clan as signs of weakness.

by Pinn @ THQ
🤓 [SA Training][Nara Shikajin]Oct 6, 2023 11:07:54 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Shikajin would listen as the genin explained her feelings on the situations and what problems she was having. There was quite a bit that mirrored what the Nara hypothesized Raika would struggle with and most of it centered on what she had been trained to do with her chakra for seemingly every other technique she knew. The type of chakra needed for healing was the antithesis to what the woman had learned training in the ways of the Hyuga and even the one medical technique she did know. Furthermore, it sounded like Raika was still unsure of the exact process of focusing healing chakra which was a failing on Shikajin's part as he had only demonstrated once and gave a very limited explanation on how to do so. "I see.." The Nara trailed off in thought for a couple moments.

"I think the best way to visualize this is not thinking of healing chakra as the opposite of what you've been learning up until now even though it may feel that way, after all it's still just chakra you're just directing it to do something else. Don't fight it to be something other than what you have been doing, but instead utilize your control to shift its purpose, if that makes sense."

Shikajin would take a few steps away from the table to put some distance between himself and Raika before raising a hand to make a seal. "For example, the chakra I use for my shadow techniques and what I use for medical jutsu are one in the same, but I control its purpose for my needs." The chunin's shadow would begin to extend from his form and reach out to Raika though it did not restrict her movement when it touched her shadow. With another thought healing chakra would begin to flow from himself to her via their linked shadows. "You see? The same chakra but I'm just using it for two different purposes."

NAME: Kage I-Gikou [Shadow Healing Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [Medical]
REQUIREMENT: Nara Hijutsu, Medical SA, Chakra Control SA
ELEMENT: N/A
HANDSEALS: --
DESCRIPTION:
A variation of the lesser healing technique, this jutsu allows one to send the healing chakra associated with medical ninjutsu through their shadow to speed up the regeneration of wounds and heal their targets. Given the rudimentary technique that this is based on, this jutsu can only heal small wounds akin to deep cuts and small muscle tears, and the shadow is limited to one person. These shadows do not restrict movement.

### |  | notes
ulla
🤓 [SA Training][Nara Shikajin]Oct 6, 2023 13:02:03 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
390 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 6/8

While still quite confusing for Raika to comprehend, Shikajin's suggestion that she be using the same chakra for a completely different purpose is still easier to understand than previously only seeing that the chakra was in some way different. She activates her Byakugan again as the Chuunin takes a few steps from the table, feeling certain that a lesson was about to be performed to demonstrate what he means, and as expected, he performs a handseal to use a jutsu. She watches his chakra seem to extend along the ground towards her, and she's surprised when it latches onto her own shadow, extending his chakra to hers and then connecting the two through her shadow. This was a kind of jutsu that Raika had never seen before, but at least it was easier to follow along with what was being done by watching through her Byakugan. While she feels rejuvenated by the new chakra flowing to her through the shadow before the technique is ended and she feels at least a bit more like she could understand this method of healing.

"Hmmmmmm, I see... I think I'm understanding this a bit better, but I still think the first technique you showed me is far outside of what I know how to do."

Despite saying this, she returns her hands to her own fish, her Byakugan still activated as she now uses both her Byakugan and her chakra to flow into the fish's body, nudging along its internal organs without causing damage, for once, as she does more work to see how the fish's body is harmed from its time in the open air rather than in the water. She carefully compares how she saw Shikajin's own fish with her own, and she gradually gets to work on its internal tissues to try her best at changing it in small ways, by having her chakra find two parts and bind them together. Unfortunately for her, it was still hard for her to really find the ways to make her chakra stimulate the cell division, so that was the most she could do with this training she's already received. She works at this until sweat drips from her forehead, and only then does she stop and wipe her face clear

"This is a lot more work than I thought it would be..."

by Pinn @ THQ
🤓 [SA Training][Nara Shikajin]Oct 6, 2023 14:50:19 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Like I mentioned earlier, the goal of today's training isn't for you to learn that jutsu but to understand the concepts of healing chakra and working on a difficult technique should make the learning the less complex ones easier for you... in theory, at least. But I wouldn't feel discouraged about struggling with mystical palm as it's a jutsu that most medics do not learn until years down the line, myself included." Shikajin replied with a nod. He had felt similarly to Raika as he struggled through his own initial training sessions but steady practice and a promise to be kept gave him the drive to continue on.

After Raika took some time to catch her breath she would once again take a crack at bringing back the fish and it was becoming clear with each attempt that the Hyuga was becoming more and more comfortable with the process. The violent blasts of chakra had given way to softer pulses hinting at the woman controlling her chakra to take on a different purpose; all she needed now was to make it consistent.

"You're doing much better, and yes it is a lot of work. Medics are the most essential part of any team as being able to keep your squad alive is paramount to mission success, but the ability to heal wounds of almost any magnitude is not something that can be learned easily." Shikajin replied. In retrospect the first year or so was the toughest part for any aspiring medic. Most were either weeded out or discouraged due to their lack of chakra control, but the intense amount of studying and practicum separated those who had a passing interest from individuals who truly had talent in the medical arts, and if Raika was serious about becoming a medic then she would have to get used to these tough training sessions.

### | | notes
ulla
🤓 [SA Training][Nara Shikajin]Oct 6, 2023 15:04:32 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
355 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 7/8

Raika stares down at the still fish, which was no longer struggling and its flops were simply muscular spasms that she could watch it make through her Byakugan eyes, which were actually beginning to strain from the amount of focus she dedicated to just this one small dying thing. It was a bit of a shock, because she'd never had any kind of strain when she had been learning to use the Byakugan with the Hyuuga clan, but this was apparently far more demanding for her eyes. She has to stop and turn off her Byakugan, and then closes her eyes so she can rest them at least a little bit. Then she gets an idea, one that she isn't really sure will work if she does try it, but it would at least be proof that she's getting somewhere with her training so far. She puts her hands on her own temples on either side of her head, gently rubbing and pressing just slightly on the muscles that flex so hard while she's normally making use of her Byakugan, and she very gingerly slides chakra into the muscles through her fingers, intensely focused on what she's doing. It takes a couple minutes, but the rubbing and gentle soothing of her own chakra, stimulating the muscles and helping them to relax finally seems to be working.

"Easy or difficult. It's never stopped me from achieving what I set out to do. So I'm just going to have to be a medic, and I'm gonna really work at it until I'm at least effective..."

The genin opens her eyes again and stops the chakra flow from her fingers so she can safely remove them from her temples, the muscles no longer causing pain as she looks back down at the fish. It still feels like a failure to not be able to heal it the way Shikajin had, but Shikajin was an expert in this, and she was only just beginning.

"Well, at least I'm only doing this on animals for now. I'd be worried that I'm torturing someone if I try it on them..."

by Pinn @ THQ
🤓 [SA Training][Nara Shikajin]Oct 11, 2023 19:52:07 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

There wasn't much Shikajin enjoyed more than some piece and quiet, but a close second was seeing those who held true to their commitment no matter how tough things were going. It was easy to see that raika was struggling with today's training and what progress there was came slowly. There was no intent to extinguish the woman's hopes and dreams by giving her such a difficult task but it was a clear indication of what she was in for as she continued on her journey to become a medic. Still, the genin had given her word and that was all the chunin needed to hear. "Good to hear. The shinobi world needs more medics so success in your studies is a boon for all." The man would reply.

He would listen to Raika lament on her progress and be thankful that she was only practicing on animals and not a human. "They may not be able to articulate it like you and I, but animals feel pain as well." The Nara replied dryly. He had worked with enough deer over the years to know that grunts, jerks and overall squeamishness was something that signaled discomfort and just about everything in the animal kingdom had a way to show it. "...But don't worry about that, for now just focus on your attempt."

### | | notes
ulla
🤓 [SA Training][Nara Shikajin]Oct 13, 2023 9:56:39 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
322 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 8/8 complete

Raika hadn't really meant to suggest that animals couldn't feel pain, only that they couldn't really articulate that pain to the humans around them, at least not verbally. She, of course, realizes that the fish is in pain, but in her mind, a fish in pain is far less traumatic than a human in pain. But she keeps herself quiet on this idea, because the last thing she wants to do is further disappoint this Chuunin that was taking time out of an already busy schedule to help her learn something about the medical techniques and using her chakra to be able to help others to heal from injuries. She's worried he might feel enough disappointment to call off the training, but he seems to be serious about the earlier statement about how there being more medical ninja was a boon for all, because he instructs her to focus on her attempt, so she activates her Byakugan and firmly focuses on the internals of the fish as she floods the small body with her chakra again, and this time, her hands flicker with a somewhat lime green glow for a short time, but not enough to really even begin the healing process that Shikajin had shown before.

"Nnnnnnngh..."

The work does give her a headache from such intense effort, and with the blood already rushing to her head from the activation of her Byakugan, it doesn't help very much, so Raika allows herself to breathe more heavily. It makes her at least a little self-conscious that this focused chakra training is seemingly more of a workout for her than an actual workout with Taijutsu, but she shelves those thoughts for now in order to try and push her own chakra into healing the fish, flushing through its body with full control as her level of healing only seems to be enough to keep it from perishing.

"This... I don't think I can..."

by Pinn @ THQ