Fist to Fist Meeting [T | Chisai]

compose a reply
Fist to Fist Meeting [T | Chisai]Dec 11, 2023 14:08:29 GMT -5
raika hyuga
"If they tell you no, do it anyway."
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday June 13th 1001 rank Chuunin occupation ANBU Black Ops
Raika had spent only one night in Akazaya, and she was already hung over after the hours-long partying the night before. Regardless of the feeling of exhaustion, the pain caused by all kinds of lights and sounds, and feeling like her body is weak, she still managed to get up that morning to get back to training, although she had to remind herself that she needs to take it easy, since she needs to save up her strength and her chakra for the upcoming exams. She still felt as though her toolbox, as it were, wasn't really complete yet, and she needed just a little bit more to be able to really make sure nobody tries to mess with her. She'd managed to learn some very strong Jyuuken techniques, but she wanted to prove that she could take what works from several disciplines, and make them fit together for a style that can work far better than any singular style can work apart.

The Genin had already done lots of training with Jyuuken, a few Strong Fist techniques, and even a particular technique from a style that could combine the two philosophies somewhat, but she felt the need to really put her immense strength to good use. After running for a full two miles, and only barely holding back a very violent episode of her stomach trying to do some aerobics exercises of its own, she's reached some of the training grounds set up for the participants of the Chuunin Exams to do some last-minute training. Raika does a few stretches and some simple body workouts before she brings herself to a position directly facing the wooden training dummy. This early in the morning, while the sky is still a deep and dark purple and only gradually becoming a lighter orange as the sun begins to rise over the clear horizon, there aren't many other people training at the moment at all, save for some blonde woman that Raika had only seen in passing.

Raika already had her Hung Gar rings on her wrists and ankles, and she starts with a few quick smacks to the dummy, each strike causing the wood to cave in against the fibers just a bit from her natural strength as well as the additional weight of the rings. Her clothing was really fairly plain: a dark gray tank top that left her abs exposed, with her usual navy blue coveralls opened down to her waist and riding low on her hips while her black combat boots occasionally slam up to smash into the training analogue a few times. Her long black hair is pulled back into a ponytail, save for a stray lock on the right side of her face. The headband hanging from around her neck denotes her as a Konoha ninja. Her lavender eyes are intensely focused on the wooden dummy directly in front of her as she starts to mix in elbow and knee strikes with her combination attacks, although her eyes occasionally dart over to the blonde woman, curious if the stranger is training just as hard as she is.
Babs has written 255 posts
Fist to Fist Meeting [T | Chisai]Dec 11, 2023 19:49:32 GMT -5
Honō Chisai
Courage and Honor
Honō Chisai Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 27 years old birthday 11/16 rank Jōnin Hanchō occupation

FROM THE FLAMES OF BATTLE I WAS FORGED, FROM THE ASH LANDS I BECAME ANEW, MY SOUL STANDS UNYIELDING TO THE CHALLENGE AHEAD

There hadn't been any time to party, no time to rekindle friendships with comrades from allied villages, no time to mourn for those departed. There had only be duty waiting for her, heralding the delegation of Kusagakure and the genin that were going to take part of the exams. Reviewing their skills, giving advise and preparing the best they could for when event was well and truly under way. And even though assuming the mantle of administrator, ambassador and mentor simultaneously was taxing in her reserves of patience and stamina, she did her duties to the best of her abilities, taking only this brief moment of respite for herself. Perhaps childishly, but one that she was sure to deserve.

As ever, the sights and sounds of this country made her mind race and wonder. Eyes of lilac starlight tracing the shapes of the mountains, the swirling clouds of mists that hugged the peaks and the fog that descended down settling like a shroud over the Akazaya. She detected the scent of damp earth, felt the shivering cold of late autumn on her flesh, even as she would feel the burn of exertion within her muscles. The blonde began to slow down, finding a training field that had a few people using it, most of them genin refining their skills, one, even taller than herself hailing from Konoha.

Chisai supposed that such was fine. Even so, she didn't wish to disturb them, moving towards a set of boulders that had been delivered recently, the rock pocket marked by singes, slashes. Once she reached there, she placed her hand on the rock, feeling the roughness on the surface before her eyes closed and she drew in a long breath, feeling her lungs, her muscles tensed, her right hand closing into a fist, her stance changing to lead the strike. Her mind quieted as she ignored every stimuli. And she released her punch.

Suddenly, the crack of a thunder was heard, her naked fist breaking through the stone, shattering the boulder and propelling whatever remained of its original mas flying away, crashing against the face of a mountain in blur as the shattered remains divided into a shower of pebbles. Her fist remained raised, dust covering her knuckles and the phalanges of her fingers. "Oh bother. I should've shattered the whole thing..." The Lioness mused in a murmur.

<br>
424 ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Harukei has written 383 posts
Fist to Fist Meeting [T | Chisai]Dec 12, 2023 11:39:46 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
401 words

D-rank exp training: 2/8

Raika had just been starting to think about Hibana, as she often did when she was almost absent-mindedly training the punch-kick-elbow-knee combos that she used to prepare herself for combat training. That particular blonde woman often filled her mind when she wasn't actively thinking about much, and that realization actually makes her cheeks turn a bit more pink than they had been previously. Her thoughts are suddenly interrupted by what feels and sounds like must be some kind of earthquake, and she quickly snaps out of her reverie into a much more ready combat stance, only to see that this other blonde woman, despite being shorter than her, had just punched a boulder normally meant to be used to train up a fighter's fists so that they won't break so easily into the side of a nearby mountain.

The Genin can't really help that her mouth is hanging open at the sight of this destruction caused not by any weapon, but exclusively by this woman, who she now sees from the symbols on her belt is actually a Kusagakure ninja. With her knuckles and fingers covered in boulder dust raised in the air, there's little doubt about what the blonde had just done. Although Raika had felt quite hung over before, she was now fully awake, and approaching the blonde stranger stammering with her eyes wide with adoration.

"Te- Te- Te-"

The dark-haired Genin takes a moment to somewhat compose herself, bringing her fists together in front of her chest once she reaches close enough to the woman for normal conversation, bowing down to the other woman quickly, like a student approaching a master.

"Teach me your ways, please! Sensei!"

Was it perhaps a bit forward to be already calling a ninja from another village her sensei? Especially a legendary ninja that she now recognizes as being the legendary Flame of the West? Yes, almost definitely. Was Raika going to take it back? Almost assuredly not. Such power was something that Raika was nearly desperate to have for herself, a power that could be combined with the Gentle Fist to make her a true terror in any combat scenario. It was all she had ever wanted, ever since she'd had to learn to survive in the cannibalistic swamp land of Kawa, avoiding people and animals where she could, but having to fight them off in all situations where she could not.

by Pinn @ THQ
Fist to Fist Meeting [T | Chisai]Dec 13, 2023 17:38:15 GMT -5
Honō Chisai
Courage and Honor
Honō Chisai Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

FROM THE FLAMES OF BATTLE I WAS FORGED, FROM THE ASH LANDS I BECAME ANEW, MY SOUL STANDS UNYIELDING TO THE CHALLENGE AHEAD

The sound of roaring thunder began to die, Chisai's fingers came to brush away the dust that had been created by the strike of her own raw strength. The blonde supposed that she could consider that a mere warm up of what was to come. Her eyes darted, lilac starlight catching the scared expression of several genin that were shaken as if a deity had come down from the heavens. With that, the lioness raised her hand, asking forgiveness for the ruckus that she had created, mouthing her apologies. It was then that she heard the quick steps of someone coming from behind her.

Chisai turned, looking at the rather tall and muscled young woman, featureless eyes of lavender, gazing at her with the admiration children had for great heroes of their time, giddy with an excitement she had seen several times when in her presence that she found amusing in children but new on a grown woman. "Oh... Hi.." She said before the girl stammered with her words and a request came. "Oh... well, yes. I guess I can spare the time to teach you." Chisas said with a warm smile.

She looked at the woman, the headband telling her where she came and the eyes confirming that fact further. It was strange, she thought, that a Hyuga of all people would ask to learn how she had smashed that boulder into oblivion, when where know for a more fluid style of combat that predicted on surgical strikes to disable the enemy. So, perhaps a demonstration was in order, closing her eyes the blonde would take a deep breath before looking at the girl. "Right then, show me what you have. Punch me as hard as you can." She said, pointing at her stomach. Immediately her body braced for the impact, muscles tensed to receive the blow that the girl could possibly have.

<br>
343● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Fist to Fist Meeting [T | Chisai]Dec 14, 2023 11:21:52 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
407 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 3/8

Raika is more than a little surprised when the Flame of the West herself agrees to train her, her eyes becoming even more starstruck now that she's been given the opportunity to do so. It takes a lot of self-control to not instantly begin celebrating, apparently ignorant of the fact that a bunch of other Genin were rightfully horrified by the extreme show of force that had just taken place in front of them. For Raika, it was impressive, not scary. It was additionally not strange to those who knew Raika that she was desperate to learn from such a strong woman as Chisai; everyone in her clan called her The Meathead, and the nickname was starting to catch on with others in Konoha as well She was famous (or infamous, depending on who you asked) for her strange duality in fighting style; while she was highly skilled in the finesse required for the Gentle Fist, she also had the intense power of a natural boxer.

She's actually a bit surprised by the request to punch Chisai as hard as she can. Not that she was worried that she might hurt the older and more experienced woman, but that she might get in trouble for attempting to assault a high ranking shinobi. Much less a shinobi from a village closely allied with Konoha. But then something mentally clicks for her, that Chisai is asking her to do this and so it isn't going to be considered assault. Besides that, the Flame of the West is going to use it to determine their training. The Genin decides to give it everything she's got.

"Well, if you say so..."

Raika winds herself up, bringing her fist down before rocketing her fist forwards and up, aimed precisely at the upper portion of Chisai's abdominal wall. Such a strike is powered not just with her upper body, but from her big toe pushing against the ground, her leg muscles tightening, her hip turning with the movement, her own abdominal muscles giving her stability, and then her chest, shoulder, bicep, and her fist thrusting forwards and dragging upwards. With the weight of the Hung Gar ring providing additional force, such a strike, though simple, would have launched a fellow Genin at least a full foot off the ground. Raika honestly didn't expect it to have that much effect on Chisai at all, though, and had simply put all her force into it.

by Pinn @ THQ
Fist to Fist Meeting [T | Chisai]Dec 16, 2023 21:00:02 GMT -5
Honō Chisai
Courage and Honor
Honō Chisai Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

And the strike came. It was fast, for a genin, but to her eyes it was slow, the Lioness studied every aspect of the strike, her going from the posture, the form, the way her muscles relayed the stored energy from the strike as the fist painfully moved to hit her abdomen. Muscles braced and hardened the Flame of the West didn't move, fighting the impulses etched through years of training. Chisai stood and took the hit, the energy transferring to her as her flesh absorbed the impact, not moving a single inch, blinking slightly at the strike.

"Hmmm." She began. Assessing if she felt bothered at all. She would step back, bend over as she would see the imprint on the knuckles upon her abdominals muscles, the pale skin tinged on red and after that some minor discomfort but other than such, she hadn't move out of her own volition. "It was a strong strike." She said, leaving the obvious of her strength as a genin. "You did put your momentum and strength. Your form is great. Give it a couple of years and you might be stronger than me." Chisai would say with a gentle smile, resisting the urge to pat the taller woman on the head.

"For a more detailed assessment I will need to spar against you. But I need you to explain me one thing, you're a Hyuga, your clan already has an incredible style of combat. Why do you want to try something that seems to be against your nature?" She asked, not with the intention of belittle, but merely to understand the reasoning of why she had chosen a path that was harder compared with the skills she had been born with naturally. That would also determine the nature of the training.

<br>
328 ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Fist to Fist Meeting [T | Chisai]Dec 18, 2023 10:52:26 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
371 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 4/8

Raika is quick to pull her arm back after she's struck Chisai's abdominal wall, and she's actually a bit surprised to see that the skin has actually turned a bit red from the force of the strike. It actually excites the Genin a bit to see that she actually had some level of impact on the much more experienced kunoichi at all. This pride certainly isn't tempered down by the following praise of her technique and her strength, but she also does her best to push back her own pride in response to the accolades. She'd seen people being given kudos one day and floating down a river with several pieces of their body shorn off by alligator bites the next day. The most Raika will allow herself in this case is a cheeky smirk.

Then Chisai remarks that they would need to spar for the Jounin to get a more exact assessment of what she can do, and Raika feels just a bit of fear in the back of her mind. Obviously, after witnessing the boulder destruction, she knows that she and the Flame of the West have an immense chasm between their levels of strength, but she's certain that the other woman will be able to pull back on her strength in order to avoid killing a Genin. Of course, following this explanation is the expected remark of a Hyuuga wanting to learn more physically destructive techniques when the clan is said to have perfected the art of soft-style Taijutsu, and Raika nods understandingly at the question before answering.

"If one has the best hammer in the world, why would one ever need a good saw? There are times when the Hyuuga's Taijutsu does absolutely nothing. For this reason, I differ from the minds of the other Hyuuga: I want to learn more than just the Jyuuken. Besides... one can have both the best hammer in the world and a very good saw..."

Raika thinks she's answered the question fairly well, nodding sagely to herself, but she's still peeking through one of her eyes to see if Chisai is nodding along or if she thinks that what she just said was a real big load of manure.

by Pinn @ THQ
Fist to Fist Meeting [T | Chisai]Dec 23, 2023 15:31:25 GMT -5
Honō Chisai
Courage and Honor
Honō Chisai Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

The Lioness listens, her eyes never leaving the tall Hyuga. Much of what she says resonates with the mythos and ethos that she had been raised upon. Much reminding her of the training she had survived during her early days in the communal creches within the Hono Clan compound. And as she ends her tale, the blonde closes her eyes and nods, finding the answer acceptable and spoke. "That is as good of an answer as I could expect." She says with a faint smile to the young woman. "Now, like I said, we will spar if you're still up to it." Chisai said, taking a few steps, golden mane following her wake.

Feet hopping, body tensing as she created a gap between the two of them. She would need to take this serious but show restraint at the moment of attack. In truth, she had fought one of the girl's kind before at the same time as she fended off a man that for all intends and purposes couldn't be killed. She stopped as her expression soured slightly at that memory, how it felt to leave a contest unfinished and a stanza for lines she could have carved into the family saga unclaimed. "Anyways..." She said as she would turn to meet the girl, her smile returning, taking a pugilist stand, fist close to her head, arms and elbows protecting her ribs.

"Before we begin, I guess you know my name." The Flame of the West said, the air around her turning warmer as heat exuded from her corporeal being. "I'd like to know the name of who I will be sparring with." Chisai said, still holding the smile, giving the Hyuga the opportunity to begin the battle on her terms.

<br>
321 ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Fist to Fist Meeting [T | Chisai]Dec 26, 2023 10:46:09 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
340 words

D-rank exp training: 5/8

Raika is certainly put at ease when it seems like her answer to the question is good enough for Chisai to continue with their training, and she's only just able to restrain herself from letting out a sigh of relief. Though the idea of sparring with the blonde woman is still a bit worrisome, considering what she'd just done to that boulder with a single punch, but she reasons that this famous kunoichi will probably hold back, at least a little bit during the spar. After all, Raika was only a Genin, and though she might be stronger than most at her level of experience, it wasn't anything that could really measure up to a Jounin of Chisai's caliber.

As Chisai takes on a fighting stance, Raika takes on her own, and although one might expect Raika to move straight to the commonly used stance for Jyuuken, the Hyuuga instead moves to a completely different starting position, with her heels firmly together, her knees bent only slightly, and her body shifted about 45 degrees to her left, her body profile was fairly slim, save for her womanly features. Her left hand is extended towards Chisai, elbow bent slightly, and her back and neck straight as her left foot inches forwards, only a little.

She can actually see the heat starting to radiate off of the Flame of the West, the shimmering in the air around her as the blonde asks the Hyuuga her name, and she gulps once before activating her Byakugan, causing the purple irises to disappear and the veins on either side of her face standing out while her eyes turn white.

"My name is Raika Hyuuga... In my clan, they call me The Meathead."

With that introduction complete, she rapidly approaches the famous ninja, launching herself forwards off her right foot to close the distance quickly. She brings her right foot forwards in midair, turning the leap into a launched kick as Raiton chakra spreads along her leg, starting off the spar with a harsh surprise kick.

NAME: Hibana Entori [Sparking Entry]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
ELEMENT: Raiton
HANDSEALS: 0

DESCRIPTION:
A familiar technique that copies the Dynamic Entry in every shape and form. The user will distract their opponent in whatever way possible to get them to look the other way before striking them with a vicious kick. The difference is that they will coat lightning-based chakra around their leg to give their kick a more powerful boon in the form of a shock to the enemies bodies that'll send shivers around them.

by Pinn @ THQ
Fist to Fist Meeting [T | Chisai]Dec 28, 2023 23:47:20 GMT -5
Honō Chisai
Courage and Honor
Honō Chisai Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

"Meathead?" The blonde would echo in puzzlement, head tilting, eyebrow rising as she would look at the girl before she would come at her beginning her attack. Her mind registering the sudden attack as muscle memory etched into every fiber of her being reacted. Even as Chisai's mind wondered about the nickname. Sure, the girl was physically strong, and while that seemed at odds with traditions of her clan, at the very least, the clan should celebrate that the girl is forging her own path.

As the air was tinged with the scened of ozone, and the air around Raika's began to ionize, glue sparkles radiated from the limb, the flame of the west takes a step forward, subtly leaning to a side as the strike would miss the the slightest of margins, she could feel the crackled of lighting against her cheek, as the kick would miss, the Lioness would reach for the leg of the girl, fingers seizing the knee as he feet took root and the blonde would call to her might as she attempted to toss the Hyuga away, seeking not to hurt her, but simply to gain some space, releasing her grip as quickly as she would have aimed, tosing Raika against the remnants of the boulder, giving her enough time to recompose herself and land safely.

"That is a an unflattering name..." Chisai would say gently. It really was, perhaps she would give her a new name to this Raika, she would smash her fists together and then waved the young Hyuga to try again. "Not a bad attempt. Again." She told the girl, a smile appearing on her lips, as she readied herself for the Hyuga's next move.

<br>
315 ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

Jutsu Used:

NAME: Tekken: Arashi Tatakitsukeru [Iron Fist: Storm Throw]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
ELEMENT: N/A
DESCRIPTION:
Preformed with one hand, the user will pick up their opponent before bringing them over their shoulder, smashing them into the ground or whatever is behind them with enough force to daze and crack the bones of the opponent. Leaving them dazed and open for an attack.
Fist to Fist Meeting [T | Chisai]Dec 29, 2023 15:49:27 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
334 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 6/8

Raika feels the heat and senses the change in atmosphere around Chisai, making her terrified for one split second until her body recognizes the shift in her body's position and the change in momentum, from a forward kick to a much more chaotic flight from the other woman's throw. With a quick twist of her body, she manages to hit the boulder with her feet first, latching onto it with some of her chakra, then absorbing the force of the throw by bending at the ankles, knees, and hips. Her legs act like springs, catching her on the boulder without causing further harm. Of course, with her body weight hitting the remnants of that boulder, it still causes it to roll slightly before coming to a stop, and Raika gazes over at Chisai again as she remarks on her nickname. She simply shrugs her shoulders at the statement that it was unflattering. It was, certainly, but Raika rather liked throwing it back at the older, more conservative members of her clan.

"That's just what they call me."

She smiles mischievously when she sees Chisai urging her on for another, matching the smirk with one of her own, and this time she leaps from the boulder with immense strength, though she's avoiding using any Raiton chakra. Instead, she's gathering her chakra within the palm of the hand behind her back, and this time as she approaches the blonde woman, she moves the hand out, aiming a palm strike at Chisai's shoulder instead, aiming for a singular tenketsu point where her arm and shoulder meet and sending her chakra out to try to hit the tenketsu point. Should the strike hit, which was highly unlikely, it would make that left arm far less useful and more clumsy, though it wouldn't be fully cut off from the chakra network. The arm would still be capable of being used for Taijutsu as well, though she might find it odd to make a fist, should the palm strike land.

NAME: Dainamikku Entori - [Dynamic Entry]
ELEMENT: N/a

DESCRIPTION:
After utilizing a distraction, such as throwing a kunai, the user will perform a jump kick into their opponent's face from their blind spot.

NAME: Shōtei [Palm Bottom]

DESCRIPTION:
The user thrusts their palm forward, hitting the enemy’s body with a quick and precise motion. The technique is both basic and deadly; this is because like any other Gentle Fist technique it injects chakra into the target causing a great deal of internal damage. When the technique is used it usually temporarily paralyzes an opponent but the collateral damage is not on par with much more elaborated techniques.

by Pinn @ THQ
Fist to Fist Meeting [T | Chisai]Jan 21, 2024 18:24:12 GMT -5
Honō Chisai
Courage and Honor
Honō Chisai Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

The Lioness smile doesn't fade. Lilac eyes following the girl as she gathers herself, dusting herself off, smiling back at him as she would jump towards her. It was a bold move, brave and too simple and fraught with peril. But she knew that that there was always something else behind it. Her muscles tensed, her limbs braces as her eyes followed the trajectory of the young woman. She raised her arms in defense, angling the gauntlets in a way that the momentum of the blow would be redirected and dispelled. As the strike came down the blonde absorbs the jump kick, her eyes never leaving the hand that she held behind her hand.

Without thinking, instincts taking over, she would dodge the strike, dodging on her own axis as the technique came downwards to her shoulder, moving away as a means to create distance between the two of them, boots skidding over the pebbles and sand until she would stop. "Well, I do think its ill-suited." Chisai would finally said. "I mean, you have a great physique, but you just try to hit things. That last move was a clever one. You're quite the fierce striker." The blonde conceded. "Perhaps in time they will call you that." She said and changed her stance, eyes narrowed.

"Now.... Lets see how well you defend." Chisai said, fingers digging unto the pals of her hand as her fist tightened. Her mind trying put a limit to the strength she could wield. Knees propped forward, she leaped towards the genin. The fist on her right hand dissolving and forming a four fingered nukite that she brought down to Raika's shoulder with a half-hearted intend just to see how fast she could move and react.

<br>
321 ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

Jutsu Used:

NAME: Tekken: Tegatana Kowasu [Iron Fist: Knife Hand Break]
DESCRIPTION:
Forming their hand into a four fingered nukite the user will bring their hand down in a hard chop against their opponent’s shoulders or arms with enough force to break and bruise bone. Used to disable the opponent’s arms, the user can also attack the neck for a quick removal of a threat. Those with enough strength can actually use the move to sheer parts of their opponent off.

NAME: Kuikkurōtēshon [Quick Rotation]
ELEMENT: -

DESCRIPTION:
Utilizing chakra in the feet, ankles and legs specifically. It is a small amount of energy, but used precisely on reflexes and timing. This technique is gauged this way. When timed, the user can twist themselves abruptly out of the way of an attack. Like a speedy side-step, but a rotation of one's body to the side. A spin-move. This is only attacks in an immediate vicinity(three meters) anything else is too big an attack. Usually Taijutsu, but sometimes this technique is effective against close-range ninjutsu.
Fist to Fist Meeting [T | Chisai]Jan 22, 2024 13:10:14 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
460 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 7/8

Raika is stopped in her assault once more, though it seems Chisai had needed to put in a little more effort in order to fully avoid the attack she'd actually hidden with the flying kick. There's a natural pause in the combat afterwards, and Raika stays in a ready stance anyways as Chisai makes a suggestion of a much more fitting and far less embarrassing nickname, one that she agrees does sound a lot better than being called Meathead in her view. Granted, she'll likely start being called that after the Chuunin Exams that she's come to Akazaya to participate in. For now, she was all right with being called Meathead, if only because she liked to use it, and especially right in the faces of her elders in the Hyuuga clan. It felt like a refutation to take what had been meant as an insult to her and wear it as a badge of honor, but now she thought she might outgrow it and become a Fierce Striker.

"Perhaps it will. And perhaps it won't, but that'll be determined in the upcoming exams, I think."

When she's ordered to see how she'll defend, Raika feels fairly confident, and she stays stationary for now, waiting to see what kind of attack Chisai has in mind as one edge of her mouth curls upwards in a smirk. She's somewhat confident in her ability to dodge a bit, and to heal what can't be dodged. It had taken a lot of focus and training with one of the Nara medical ninja, but she'd learned to heal what can't be dodged, and with her Byakugan used in conjunction, it's hard to get the drop on the Genin.

"You're on!"

As soon as she's said this, Chisai has already moved to start her assault, but with her Byakugan activated, it's at least a bit easier to keep track of where Chisai is moving, if only when she's focusing intently on the blonde beauty. She sees the attack aimed at her own collarbone and twists away, letting the hand drop down along her back, though she winces when the side of the stronger woman's hand claps against her a bit once the hand moves past her waistline, though that was likely unintentional. She uses the turn to aim another palm strike towards Chisai's torso, aiming directly for the point below her chest, where the diaphragm is. Such an attack, should it hit, would likely only leave the other woman slightly winded, though it might also drive Chisai to back away. Should she do so, Raika would keep her left hand forward, the same one that had delivered the palm strike, and with her right she would rub where Chisai's hand had left its mark, wincing a bit.

by Pinn @ THQ

NAME: Shōtei [Palm Bottom]

DESCRIPTION:
The user thrusts their palm forward, hitting the enemy’s body with a quick and precise motion. The technique is both basic and deadly; this is because like any other Gentle Fist technique it injects chakra into the target causing a great deal of internal damage. When the technique is used it usually temporarily paralyzes an opponent but the collateral damage is not on par with much more elaborated techniques.
Fist to Fist Meeting [T | Chisai]Feb 1, 2024 0:41:51 GMT -5
Honō Chisai
Courage and Honor
Honō Chisai Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

The blonde had found her mark, her chop striking the flesh of the younger woman, it had been a half-hearted attempt, for if she had placed her full might, she might as well have pulverized her spine. But even as she winced in pain from the blow, the Hyuga still managed to be bite back, use an opening to her advantage and draw upon the deep lore of her clan's technique. The Lioness had to applaud her skill, her ambition, the way that she fought even if this was in the midst of combat and well, even when she seemed to recent her elders, she wasn't above attempting to use the skills more associated with her bloodline.

But in this distance, at this range, and with the experience she had accrued the blonde still had the advantage. As she saw the palm strike coming her way, she would simply lean away from it a gauntleted hand reaching out for the wrist of Raika, fingers digging deep into the flesh as she tapped into her physical strength, attempting to yank the arm and twist it until pain would settle in and she would have the younger woman at her mercy, restraining on the full force of the technique less she snap Raika's arm as it were a twig under her grasp.

"That was an inventive move." Chisai mused, maintaining her hold. Placing an arm on the toned flesh of the Hyuga's shoulder. "But as ever, you must weight the consequences of such attacks and against whom they might or might not work." The Lioness suggested in a quiet polite tone to her ear before she would release her with a push, the smile still present upon her lips. "It is good that you try to draw upon your heritage... But it seemed... mechanical." She said and wondered if Raika gave practice to the skills she had been taught by her kin. "Again." She instructed.

<br>
350 ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style

NAME: Tekken: Hiji Kowasu [Iron Fist: Elbow Break]
DESCRIPTION:
Meant to counter an attacking opponent. The user will grab the attacking arm before twisting it either way so that the elbow is up, breaking the arm at the shoulder in the process. After that they will further break the arm by slamming their other hand down hard enough to force the elbow to bend the opposite way, rendering the arm mostly useless.
Fist to Fist Meeting [T | Chisai]Feb 1, 2024 10:50:26 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
403 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 8/8 completed

Raika's shoulder is feeling a bit sore from taking the attack on her collarbone, but even with the full strength held back, it's still quite painful, and she can't help but to wince a bit from the force present in the strike. It's somewhat surprising, because she can tell that Chisai is holding back. Her own attack is rather easily countered, and far worse riposted into an armlock that she finds quite difficult to try to break out of. She's given a lesson she hadn't fully expected from the famous kunoichi, that being that she has to weigh the consequences of her attack and whether or not the attack will work against such an opponent. Her arm is released from the hold at the same moment that she's pushed away by her still smarting shoulder, and she takes a moment to shake the arm that had just been caught and locked with that last counter. Perhaps her skill with the Jyuuken had become somewhat mechanical; that was how she had been taught, after all. She practiced more often with other styles, but perhaps she should focus more on what works from her own clan's fighting style, although she still wants to learn more about the fighting style she'd seen from Chisai as well.

"Very well... But after, I wanna learn more about this style you've been using!"

Raika moves down to the Jyuuken's fighting stance, now that her arm has healed somewhat from the pain of the previous sparring round. The stance might look uncomfortable, but it's natural for Raika after so many years training in it, both within the compound and outside of it, in the wilds of Kawa, mostly against bandits and others of a similar persuasion. Of course, Chisai wasn't of a similar persuasion to those types of people, but if she was going to learn from such a legendary shinobi, she'd need to show what she's made of. Without waiting for the blonde to be the one to attack, she spins, which might seem foolish as it puts her back to the woman, but she starts expelling chakra from every single one of her tenketsu while spinning, letting her chakra expand from her spinning form to create a harshly spinning dome of chakra; this was one of the stronger defensive techniques of the Hyuuga clan's particular Taijutsu style, but it could be used offensively, as she was doing now.

by Pinn @ THQ

NAME: Hakkeshō Kaiten [Eight Trigrams Palms Revolving Heaven]
ELEMENT: -
REQUIREMENT: Hyuuga Clan [Main House]
DESCRIPTION:
A secret jutsu only handed down within the main house of the Hyuga clan. For this technique the user is expected to expel a huge amount of chakra from all the chakra points from a user’s body and start rotating their bodies. This will create a barrier around the user, which will shield them from nearby attackers, tossing and deflecting them away. The user can actively control the size of the sphere and thus make it bigger or smaller depending on the situation. If the user can not spin, however, their protective field will become weak and vulnerable.