Shadow Boxing! [T | Shun]Dec 20, 2023 10:52:24 GMT -5
raika hyuga
"If they tell you no, do it anyway."
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday June 13th 1001 rank Chuunin occupation ANBU Black Ops
403 words

D-rank exp training: 1/8

Raika sighs as she arrives at the Academy, having originally come to such a place in order to beg Hitomi to teach her about her medical expertise, only to find out that Hitomi wasn't actually in the Academy for the day, as she was apparently sick.

"How do you even get sick when you're a medi-nin...?"

Of course, even as Raika mutters this under her breath, she knows that she really shouldn't be complaining. She rarely had the patience for medical training, in any case. They would have most likely just both become aggravated with one another, and Raika would never learn from Hitomi if the woman thought she was just hard-headed for no reason and forbid her from learning anything else in the medical field. At the moment, though, she now had a lot of time to kill, and for the moment, it looks like the Academy training grounds are empty, so she decides she might as well train there, for nostalgia's sake.

Thankfully, Raika already had her weapon pouch on her, with the Hung Gar rings bouncing against one another inside, and so she heads right on down to the sandy pit where the wooden training dummies stood, though they're much smaller than she remembers. Of course, she'd hit a very hard growth spurt after she left the Academy and was practically exiled to Kawa. She unzips her dark blue coveralls, letting them open down to her waist where she ties it off firmly enough that the top half of her coveralls won't be flopping around. Now she was in her black tank top with her midriff exposed, showing her abdominal muscles, as well as the toned and powerful muscles of her arms, shoulders, and trapezius muscles. She pulls on the Hung Gar rings over her wrists first, since she has to pull off her black combat boots to get the other pair of rings around her ankles.

With that all set up, she stands back up as she prepares for some training, tying off most of her straight black hair behind her head in a ponytail, leaving a single dangling strand on the right side of her face before she thinks she catches sight of somebody else out of the corner of her eye. She turns her head somewhat slowly to see who it is, her dazzlingly amaranthine eyes looking somewhat out of place on the face of a Hyuuga. 

by Pinn @ THQ
Babs has written 255 posts
Shadow Boxing! [T | Shun]Dec 20, 2023 12:04:04 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Do what you want but know why you're doing it
Nara Shun Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday March 12 rank Academy Student occupation Academy Student

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES

- t h e  t a l e  o f -

S H A D O W  B O X I N G !

It had been a pretty uneventful day thus far. Shun had gotten up, trained, went to class and was just about to leave the classroom when one of her schoolmates approached her.

”Umm, Nara-san?” A boy from one of the other classes had entered Shun’s classroom and was now standing about six feet behind her. He was a head’s worth taller than her and dressed in grey. His jacket came all the way up to his nose so you could only see a pair of dark eyes and a mess of brown hair peeking over.

”Yes?” Shun turned around to face him. She hung her school bag on one shoulder and had a think on where she knew the boy from. His name was Hayate Megumi and he was in a parallel class. Sometimes a bunch of students hung out together during lunch or while training. Shun had seen him around.

”Nara-san, do you have a minute? I’d like to talk to you about something.” The boy gestured her to follow and turned to leave the room. As funny as it was to Shun that he didn’t even wait for her to answer, she was kind of intrigued and decided to follow him out into the courtyard, where the training grounds started.

”Nara-san, I… I think you’re really pretty and cool so… I was wondering if” Megumi spoke quite timidly at first with some gaps and then spat out the last part in a rush: ”you’d go for ice cream with me!”

”Hmm?” Shun was a bit confused as to what her being pretty had to do with ice cream but she did like ice cream - rarely who didn’t. ”Sure, Hayate-kun. Sounds good! Should we invite the others, too? We can all go watch a movie together, too!”

A few moments later, Shun was lazily sipping from a can on orange soda while walking through the training grounds. Hayate had agreed to get a bunch of the schoolmates together and they would all go out the day after yet, somehow, he had looked defeated. It wasn’t like Shun was oblivious to boys or anything but he didn’t specify he wanted to be alone with her so she didn’t assume or pester him. Besides, her idea of love was very romantic - as it was often at her age. She hoped to meet someone who was decisive, wise and kind. Someone really cool, like Satoshi, perhaps. The girl had a lot of good male role models in her clan but Satoshi, to her, was the coolest. Then Shikajin… and then probably her dad. Or maybe her dad in second place. It was hard to decide.

The grey-eyed and raven-haired girl walked forward dressed in a moss green shirt with a cream coloured Nara symbol on the right sleeve and had on beige sweatpants with a pair of dark grey ninja boots. Her hair was open and pushed back by hair clips on the left side and a bigger portion of hair was lazily clipped back on the right. Her complexion was fair and she looked skinny.

*Who’s that?* Shun thought as she was coming closer to a tall lady with dark hair and an impressive build. The rings on her caught the young Nara’s attention. *Are they weights?...* she stopped a good ways away from Raika. Walking through someone’s training session was seen as rude.

*Ooop, she saw me!* Shun thought as the tall woman made eye contact with her. There was only one thing left to do! ”Yo! Nee-san! Looking good!” the girl exclaimed brightly with a big smile and waved. She knew of the Hyuuga clan, of course, but they didn’t exactly have afternoon tea together and some secrecy was always present so Shun had no idea who Raika was, really.

Words: 654
Tag:
Shun: 496b36

odango has written 60 posts
Shadow Boxing! [T | Shun]Dec 20, 2023 12:19:21 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
310 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 2/8

It wasn't always easy to make Raika laugh. Right now, in fact, Raika wasn't in much of a great mood since she felt that she had wasted her time in coming to the Academy to try and ambush Hitomi into teaching her more about the medical practice. If she had been remembering her time in Kawa or had a traumatic flashback, you were fully out of luck.

Being called nee-san and being told that she was looking good as she prepared herself for a workout certainly did it. What started off as a giggle turned into a big laugh that basically stops her from continuing her workout any further for the moment. She gives a wave back to the young Academy student, hoping that not too many passersby would peek in on her using the Academy training ground for her own training. She wasn't easily embarrassed, but she didn't want any of the kids thinking she was odd for talking to an adult. Raika had trained with Tamiko in this very same place, she realizes with a bit of a start. Well, no reason she couldn't help this particular student train, too, just perhaps not in the use of the Byakugan.

"Hey lil thang! What's your name?"

She's managed to regain control of her laughter, and is now tightening the rings of metal around her wrists to ensure they won't fly off or move around too much while she's training. She wants to make sure she's got the basics of some of the other Taijutsu styles down, but she can put that aside to help another Academy Student. She's finding herself training a bunch more recently, and it's really quite strange for her. She'd never had this much of an impact on the younger generations' lives before now, and had been quite a brat when she had been younger herself.

by Pinn @ THQ
Shadow Boxing! [T | Shun]Dec 20, 2023 12:57:24 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Nara Shun Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday March 12 rank Academy Student occupation Academy Student

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES

- t h e  t a l e  o f -

Shun watched as the somewhat annoyed disposition of Raika crumbled away and the young woman gave in to laughter. It was nice to make others laugh. Shun took another sip of the can in her hand and closed the distance between them after being talked to. It was only polite and her mother would probably do unspekable things to her if she forgot her manners.

The young Nara gave a curt bow and introduced herself: ”My name is Nara, Shun. It is a pleasure to meet you!” Shun expected to her Raika’s introduction after hers so she looked up attentively. However, she would not pry if one didn’t come.

On closer inspection, Raika looked really strong. She was tall and looked cool, too. Would Shun ever grow that tall? Only time would tell, probably. The girl had her gaze return to the bracelets on her new acquaintance’s wrists and ankles.

”Umm, nee-san, what are those?” she gestured towards them. ”Are they weights? For strength or agility training?” Shun kind of jumped the gun and tried to answer her own question with another question. Such an inquisitive nature was common in her family. Most people in her clan had a busy brain but were notoriously lazy - it was a very easy habit to get into and Shun was the same.

*Kazui gave me my first weights… I wonder how she’s doing.* she thought. Yet another person that Shun was fond of and thought to be cool was her old friend Uchiha Kazui. It was in the same training field where they first trained together, actually.

”Is it hard to move with them? Do they move a lot?”

Words: 286
Tag:

Shadow Boxing! [T | Shun]Dec 20, 2023 13:21:47 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
430 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 3/8

Raika finds the curtsy somewhat cute, if a little archaic, but she recognizes the surname at least. It was the same surname as one of the people that had tried to help teach her more about medical ninjutsu, whom she was pretty certain was named Shikajin. That was interesting, she thought all of the Nara clan kept to the Shika- naming convention, but here was a Shun Nara. Well, didn't most Hyuuga have a personal name that started with H, and here she was named Raika instead? So she was, so she was.

"Nice to meetcha, Shun-chan! I'm Hyuuga Raika, but you can call me Raika."

She notices that Shun is gazing wistfully at her weighted rings, and when she's asked what they are, she's about to answer when the younger girl seems to immediately recognize them as weights, and she nods at the much smaller girl to indicate that she's right. Raika isn't really annoyed with the rapid fire questions, it gives her a chance to do something other than train, to think about something other than the rapidly approaching Chuunin Exams. After all, she'll have to participate, and although she's memorized most of the names of the other participants, they don't really mean much to her. She knows both of her teammates are in, as well as one of her paramours, Tokaku. It was shaping up to be something really stressful for her, so of course, she was eager to discuss her weights and how they worked and what they were for and how heavy were they.

At the question about how hard it is to move in them and if they move a lot, she gives Shun a little smile, which wasn't a rare sight on this particular Hyuuga's face, but would be quite uncommon for most of the other, older clan members.

"Oh, no, they don't move as long as they're tightened on just right! As for how hard it is to move with them on, let's try this..."

She removes one of the Hung Gar rings from her left hand, this one an easy 50kg weight. Raika holds her hand out for Shun to copy, and if she does, after quickly making sure that the hand isn't directly over either of Shun's feet, she would slip the ring into her hand, and with all 110 lbs of force, it would likely weigh much more than the girl does, and she'd probably have to drop it and let it fall to the floor. The prank would have made Raika laugh, as long as Shun remained unharmed.

by Pinn @ THQ
Shadow Boxing! [T | Shun]Dec 20, 2023 14:25:25 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Nara Shun Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES

- t h e  t a l e  o f -

Shun tilted her head to the side a bit, while listening carefully. ”Ooooh, I see, I see.” she would nod along to the explanations and take a few more sips of her soda. It was nice - the can was still cool and it was a relatively warm day. Sometimes it got too hot in Konoha for Shun - her pale complexion already made her seek shade. It was funny that she would later find out her chakra nature is that of fire.

She reached out her hand when Raika moved to pass over the weight. How heavy could it be, right? Not thinking much about it, Shun did it while taking yet another sip and was immediately pulled down. It looked like she got to the ground and her hair went up. Same with her soda.

”Whoa! You’ve got to kidding.” she gasped now crouching down with the ring weight. ”This feels like it weighs more than me. That’s insaaane.” Shun groaned but disbelief was playing across her face. The girl was about 45 kilos in weight, so the ring was, indeed heavier than the academy student.

”And you have four of those? You just carry them around? That’s like carrying four mes with you.” The raven-haired looked up in awe and waited for some explanation for this. How could anyone just leisurely walk around with that much weight? Was it a Hyuuga thing? Did they all do that? Or maybe Shun was the weird one… was it normal in shinobi society for kunoichi to walk around with two hundred kilograms on them? So many things to discover - Shun’s eyes glimmered with curiosity.

”So you can move efficiently with these? Very impressive - is this a thing for Hyuuga? I train with weights, too, but nothing heavier than myself, of course.” the girl had stood up and was holding the weight above ground with both hands. Her body was built for speed but she had some strength in her. Daily training pays off, after all.

Words: 343
Tag:

Shadow Boxing! [T | Shun]Dec 20, 2023 14:56:02 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
340 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 4/8

Raika feels quite happy with the surprise on the young student's face, absolutely loving how excitable she looks, although she's a bit sad that the soda ended up falling to the floor. She thought to herself that she'd have to buy the kid another can of the stuff before she left for the day. She wanted the prank to be harmless, after all. The questions were much more expected this time, and she keeps her big smile up, still finding her excitement infectious. After all, Raika had been rambunctious herself when she had been Shun's age, although she had been punished for her wild nature back then.

"Yep, four of them, one for each limb! It was really hard at first, but I spent years learning to carry this kind of weight. Not only do I walk around with them, I fight with them on, too! And nobody hits harder than me..."

The Genin can't help but to let out a little giggle at the thought of most of the older Hyuuga trying to walk around with such immense weights on their limbs. She wasn't even sure if Hon could do it and he was a younger, more fit Hyuuga than most of the other elder clansmen.

"Oh, no, the Hyuuga wouldn't normally be caught dead with these kinds of weights. The Hyuuga clan does something far more insidious. Y'see, the Hyuuga clan attacks your insides, not your outsides, and they don't break your bones, where you're hard, they break you where you're soft..."

Raika is actually surprised that Shun is able to lift it up, even if it is with both hands, and she easily reaches over and picks it up from her, putting it right back on her wrist and giving it a twist so that the metal ring contracts around her wrist, locking into place. With that, she twists her arm this way and that, ensuring that the ring can't move around on her forearm before she nods.

"One day, you're gonna be as strong as me!"

by Pinn @ THQ
last edit by raika hyuga on Dec 20, 2023 14:56:34 GMT -5
Shadow Boxing! [T | Shun]Dec 20, 2023 15:29:55 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Nara Shun Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES

- t h e  t a l e  o f -

Everything the young woman said sounded incredible. She had been carrying those weights for years and fought with them? For the added impact? Shun always assumed that weight training was for eventually taking them off and becoming faster but it also would make sense to keep the weight on for force and weight. *Fascinating… I wander what that training was like…* Shun couldn’t help but let her mind wonder. She imagined Raika not being able to move at all at first and kind of crawling around and then eventually learning to walk again with the weights on. It was quite inspirational in her head.

”On the inside? My dad mentioned that the Hyuuge use something called the gentle fist - is that it?” Not that they talked too much about others at home but her father Shikarui was very well informed about the village and also closely related to their current clan head so he would be in on a lot of talk and, occasionally, would tell Shun bits that she could know. *I wonder how they do that… it must be chakra related… but how do they know where the soft spots are? Anatomy lessons? Maybe they learn acupuncture?*

The girl was taken aback by the bold statement. ”Whoa, how do you know?” she let out instinctively. Could Raika tell just by looking at her? How skilled was this woman? What secrets did she possess? It took a moment for Shun to pick her jaw up from the floor.

Another thought caught her attention though. Carrying that much extra weight meant that Raika had probably learned how to be extremely efficient with distributing it as an extension of her own weight. It couldn’t hurt to ask about it while Shun had the chance. ”Umm, Raika-san… what would you say is the best way to land the heaviest hit? Can you show me?”

Words: 322
Tag:

Shadow Boxing! [T | Shun]Dec 20, 2023 15:45:40 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
525 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 5/8

Raika nods, though she's a bit surprised that Shun's father knows about the Jyuuken. But then again, perhaps he was on a team with another member of the Hyuuga. Just as she was just fine with talking about it with the little one and explaining in the simplest terms how it works, perhaps it was just fine that the Nara knew a little about Jyuuken. At least she didn't ask exactly how it was done, as that wasn't something she would ever be allowed to answer, even if she was considered quite independent and rebellious among the other members of the Hyuuga clan.

"Mhmmmm! It's the Gentle Fist, but don't let it fool ya. There's nothing gentle about it."

She can't help but to grin when she's asked how she can know that, and she knows exactly the right answer to give that would be sure to inspire her to go with it.

"Well, the Hyuuga have a special eye that can see anything... But I'm special even among the Hyuuga, because my eyes can see the future, too! In the future, you're really strong, Shun-chan!"

She gives Shun a bright and happy grin, feeling a warmth in herself at giving the younger student something to aspire and work towards. Still, Raika can see that Shun is thinking hard about something. You could practically see her mind working things out, but she stays silent, knowing that the questions will come soon enough. And when it's asked, it really is a surprising one, but not one she hasn't been asked before. She'd helped Ataru learn how to punch, and now it was Shun's turn. It really did seem that the Academy instructors were slacking, though of course Raika would never say it was Hitomi specifically.

"Sure I'll show you! But you gotta make sure you pay close attention, because doing it wrong will just hurt you... And that means I'm gonna teach you how to punch with your big toe, where all punches start."

As she speaks, Raika removes her right boot and her sock, then her left as well. With her toes now in view, she gets all the way up into a fighting stance, her right leg back and easily visible for Shun to watch. Just to make sure she can see it all, the Hyuuga even rolls up the legs of her coveralls way up to her knees. With that, she begins her instruction, digging the big toe of her right foot into the dirt, engaging all the muscles in her foot, and letting Shun watch as muscle after muscle in Raika's leg tense, her hips turning into the punch, her core tightening to make her abs stand out, her back, shoulder, and trap muscles tightening as her right arm whips forwards, with all of the strength of her body extending into her arm and into a touch against the training dummy's head.

Of course, this is all done at less than a quarter speed so Shun can see it all, and that of course means that the "strike" is nothing more than a light push that makes the dummy bounce a little.

by Pinn @ THQ
Shadow Boxing! [T | Shun]Dec 20, 2023 16:45:17 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Nara Shun Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
[quote sour

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES

- t h e  t a l e  o f -

*S-Seriously?!* at first Shun took Raika’s comment about being able to tell the future seriously but after a split second the doubt set in. She felt a bit embarrassed and felt her cheeks get hot but it also made her happy. It felt good to hear something like that said with confidence from someone with a lot more experience. The young Nara wanted to stay with that feeling. ”Thank you.” she answered honestly with a warm smile.

Eager to learn from anyone, the teen watched carefully as Raika explained and the concept was clear to her, she thought. All there was to do was try to mimic it. It was impressive to watch the Hyuuga. Shun didn’t know exactly because she had never really paid attention to her muscles, but she assumed her body did not showcase the same physique. Most shinobi were muscular but rarely as defined as the person in front of her. It was cool - to Shun it almost looked like every part of the body was coming together to deliver pain to the target. Grim, yet wholesome.

”Oh, so, like this?” The girl dropped her bag and took the same stance, while turning her head towards Raika to sort of copy hers while she adjusted and muttered to herself a bit as she did. After some moments, she mimicked the same motion but it looked as if her weight stopped in her torso and never got applied to the end of her arm as it should have. Shun felt as if she had done something wrong so she tried again but the same thing happened. It was almost like the weight distribution got lost on its way somewhere.

Words: 288
Tag:

Shadow Boxing! [T | Shun]Dec 21, 2023 10:37:35 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
300 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 6/8

Thankfully, Raika has had enough practice at teaching younger generations about Taijutsu to know by sight what's wrong with Shun's form, but she holds her tongue for now, considering how she should word it nicely. After all, this isn't an Ataru situation, and she's a little more like Tamiko, so she should be a bit gentler than she is with Ataru. The Genin quickly decides that couching the correction between two praises should help to gently correct Shun's form.

"Close! You're really picking up on this pretty quickly, especially for someone in the Academy! You're doing great until it gets to your core. Try this..."

Raika makes a point of sucking in a breath, then tightens the entirety of her core, making her tummy go from simply well-toned abs into stone-hard muscle. Raika can barely speak when she's got her core tightened like this, so she lets the breath out and relaxes once more so she can speak again.

"When you tighten your core, it lets that energy go all the way up to your arms and your shoulders, instead of getting absorbed in the belly. But you're doing great! It's hard to learn to punch with the entire body, and you're already doing a lot of it perfectly!~"

She gives Shun a big, proud smile as she says this last part, hoping that it imparts just as much encouragement for the younger girl. She'd heard that the Nara were some of the smartest ninja in Konoha, so it would make sense that she would be quick to learn, but she didn't want Shun to think that she thought her cleverness was coming from her lineage; that would probably make her more lazy and rely too much on her natural gifts instead of wanting to learn to perform even better.

by Pinn @ THQ
Shadow Boxing! [T | Shun]Dec 21, 2023 12:48:26 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Nara Shun Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES

- t h e  t a l e  o f -

A smirk grew on Shun’s lips as she got praised. Raika guessed correctly. Shun had always been clever and studied quickly. She got by with minimum effort so long that she had barely any stamina, as a result. However, that had been many years ago and, for the last six or seven years, the girl trained every day. Her body was naturally lean for now and she was hoping puberty would give her more mass soon. Otherwise she would have to train more and that’s just bothersome. Anything academic came easy to her and she did feel her ego grow a bit as she got praised. *Well, of course! I’m awesome, duh* the teenager thought while mentally patting herself on the back. Maybe this was yet another sign that Shun could really do anything if she set her mind to it - well, body, in this case.

So, to Shun’s understanding, energy accumulated in the core, like chakra, and she needed to let it further by engaging her core. ”I see! Raika-san, you’re really good at explaining things… do you teach?” the Nara asked thoughtfully while stopping to try and be more aware of her body.

The girl now stood with her feet in shoulder width and took a deep breath before flexing her gut. She held her breath while doing it and poked her abdomen with one finger. It was harder, but different harder than just by straining it. Shun took a moment to relax and poked it again. Then she just flexed with no breath and poked it again. ”Ooooh, it feels less hard than with the big breath - that felt like my entire stomach was in one piece. So I need that one?” It was strange to talk about her body without knowing the exact terminology but she hoped that what she said made sense.

Now it was time to try it in action, so Shun tried the same stance again and slowly went through the motions next to the training dummy. This time she could feel her core giving her an extra push forward. ”This feels better. Is this better?” she asked while looking up at Raika but did the same movements a couple more times to try and get used to it. It was very apparent that Shun was being very aware of her body - a trait that had allowed her study quickly and retain information.

Words: 408
Tag:

Shadow Boxing! [T | Shun]Dec 21, 2023 13:05:19 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
400 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 7/8

Raika is a bit surprised that she's now on the receiving end of some praise, and she wonders momentarily if some criticism is also coming her way, but no, Shun just seems more aware of her own body. She wonders how she should answer... She's only taught two Academy students, after all, and it wasn't technically in any kind of official capacity, but it had apparently helped the two that she had been teaching on her own; Ataru was now training to attend the same Chuunin Exams that she was also taking part in, and she heard comments every now and then about how well Tamiko was progressing in the Hyuuga clan now that her use of the Byakugan was so much more precise. She might as well say yes.

"I've done some teaching, as a matter of fact, although the official Academy instructors are all Chuunin. That might be me, someday, or I might be invited into the ANBU."

Raika shrugs, showing that either option would be fine with her. The Genin at least can tell that this girl had been working more on her intellectual pursuits, at least up to this point, judging by the way she seems so surprised at her own body and her growing awareness of it and its mechanics. These were usually some of the first steps to learning to use the ninja's body techniques, but at least she seemed to grasp these concepts naturally enough that she might end up being a really strong Taijutsu user.

"Yeha, yeah! That's way better! Now all you've gotta do is use all that power you're pushing up from the ground into her arm. Keep the wave going and make it crash right into the dummy!"

To demonstrate, Raika does the technique herself at full speed and full power now, and with every muscle from her toe to her fist engaged, as well as all the additional weight from the Hung Gar ring around her wrist, she gives one punch to the training dummy and causes the wooden dummy to splinter apart, smashed to nothing more than wooden fibers from a single strike. This was likely nowhere near the level of power that such a small child could deliver, but it was definitely a standard to try and attain, an eventual goal for any aspiring student. After such a demonstration, she turns back to watch Shun excitedly.

by Pinn @ THQ
Shadow Boxing! [T | Shun]Dec 21, 2023 13:46:07 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Nara Shun Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES

- t h e  t a l e  o f -

”EH?!” Shun didn’t know what exactly she expected when Raika made contact with the dummy but she definitely did not expect the wooden body to explode. It got pulverised in many little pieces. The dummy was now a high level jigsaw puzzle.

The girl could feel cold sweat form on her body and made a mental note to never fight Raika. That could be her body… same as the dummy… She was too young to explode. She swallowed a lump in her throat just thinking about it.

It took a moment to recuperate and Shun just turned to look at Raika with one hand now holding the side of her face to make sure her jaw didn’t fall open. Did this woman know that normal people couldn’t make things explode by hitting them? Especially not hard wooden things. ”I am pretty sure I can’t do that, nee-san…” she muttered weakly while watching the Hyuuga in disbelief. It was insane. Shun could move fast and find it easy to learn ninjutsu, so her body worked, but she didn’t see how she could do what Raika just did.

The girl turned her face to rest in her hand and then sighed so deeply her whole body went in to it. It was time to follow the punch push with one of her own. ”I’ll give it a try, shall I?” she walked up to one of the in-tact dummies and took the same stance. Half of her was sceptical so she took a moment to get herself fully committed to the movement and reenacted the same move. It looked like Raika’s word had sunk in because she could deliver a blow to the dummy through her palm. It didn’t explode but the whole thing shook and there was a loud noise. Not as loud as the death of the previous dummy, but noticeable.

Words: 317
Tag:

Shadow Boxing! [T | Shun]Dec 21, 2023 14:01:18 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
406 words

D-RANK EXP TRAINING: 8/8  complete!

Raika inwardly winces a little when she ends up causing the wooden training dummy to explode, mentally calculating to herself how much it's going to cost her to replace it now that she's managed to single-handedly, literally, destroy the Academy's property. Still, the look of surprise on Shun's face almost made it worthwhile. Almost, if she was estimating the price of the training dummy correctly. Regardless, it was only ever meant to be shown as a goal for Shun to reach at some point in the future, and so she's hoping to inspire the student with her prowess as something attainable.

While the sigh doesn't inspire much confidence, she watches intently as the young Nara girl prepares herself, before loading up on her body's power and launching a punch directly into the training dummy, causing it to bounce a little off her tiny fist and rattle around a little. Although it wasn't as impressive as Raika's own strike, the Genin is hollering in delight. Regardless of how much power her little body could generate, just performing that one punch correctly was apparently all it took for Raika to feel like a full celebration was deserved.

"YES, YES, YES! That's how you give it to 'em!"

The Hyuuga stops immediately now and clears her throat, trying to rein in her hot-blooded excitement at seeing another would-be ninja take her lesson to heart and then succeed in using it correctly just once. She has to calm down so she doesn't look like some kind of crazy woman, and also to not draw attention to the fact that she'd just finished destroying Academy property, unintentional though it may have been.

"Ahem. Well done, Shun! If you remember how that punch felt, you can practice it every day, and if you practice it every day, it'll become second nature to punch like that."

She nods once, then twice. Raika knows it's going to take a long time before she's skilled enough and strong enough to literally blow apart a training dummy the way she just had, but an insistence on training now would ensure that she would get there. As it is, she notices the time twists the Hung Gar rings on her wrists and ankles, slipping them off of herself and putting them back into the weapon pouch at her waist.

"Ah, sorry Shun. I gotta go and get some dinner. Let's train like this some more sometime, okay?"

by Pinn @ THQ