Round Two Exams: Red Team

fallen blades
Round Two Exams: Red TeamJun 15, 2020 21:42:25 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Space is just a word for those afraid to get close.
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
age birthday rank occupation
Fallen Blades' Eighth Semiannual Chuunin Exams!
Round Two: Cooperation Portion

Through a perilous journey through sixteen varying biomes, you've managed to succeed at round ones test! The room you're in goes completely dark, as the very ground shakes to life. A stone path forming from your position to the opposite side of the biome from which you'd originally entered the exam. A new door opens and the artificial sky creates a line of lights leading down the new stone path. A green light over the new door, as a voice announces "Proceed to the exit of round one, through the door lit by the green light." This would be the fastest way to the door with the least energy spent. Simultaneously, an odd sound would come from the other side of the room. A red light over the door they'd originally entered, with those who could see it would be the faint sight of animal shadows leaving the biome. Granted there were animals in the present Biome.

Upon reaching the door presented under the green light, a proctor would lead the shinobi and company down a winding path. It'd take them deeper into the earth, which would provide a nice moderate temperature to the hall. At the end of the path would be a red door, it'd be opened for those taken to it and upon entering the shinobi wouldn't find themselves alone. All the contestants who'd made it this far in red uniforms originally would find themselves now in a room, it was a very empty room with stone floor and walls. Two chandeliers lit up an otherwise empty room. The doors the shinobi entered the room would be lined up next to each other on one side of the room. The opposite side of the room had one set of two doors sealed presently.

There'd been five doors next to each other on the side they entered, it'd appear everyone made it. "Welcome contestants of this years chuunin exam, we're proud to see you've made it past the first round of the chuunin exams. Ahead of you is the door to your next round; a challenge which will test your wits, skills and most importantly teamwork. In order to allow for a more cohesive team, you'll be given as much time as you need to get to know one another. Once acquainted and ready to begin, you'll merely need to all exclaim ready! One at a time to trigger an announcement of your specific challenge, after the announcement it made those doors will open and you'll be timed on your execution of the task. You cannot use this time to rest, if anyone attempts to do so they'll be disqualified." After pointing out the door and explaining these initial rules, the proctors would leave the room allowing the team to get socializing.

Rules to Round Two

• No Summons can be used, if caught you'll be disqualified.
  • No Unsanctioned Equipment, if caught you'll be disqualified.
  • No Unwarranted Travel, restrictions will be made clear, if caught you'll be disqualified.
  • No Unsanctioned Animals, purchased and natural animals only, if caught you'll be disqualified.
  • No Outside Assistance, if you befall an injury, sickness or worst you must rely upon yourself and team.
  • Quitting is Allowed, but you'll be disqualified from further performing in this exam.
  • If you fail to post here, by the end of the 22nd, then you'll be automatically disqualified.
  • You'll have a week to 'get acquainted', if you all are ready prior, you'll still be forced to wait until the 22nd for a reply.
  • There maybe more rules to come based on the specified challenge, do make sure you check this list the next time it appears.

MADE BY MINNIE OF FTS & GANGNAM STYLE

last edit by Yoshiko on Jun 15, 2020 21:55:06 GMT -5
has written 687 posts
Round Two Exams: Red TeamJun 15, 2020 22:42:49 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Don’t just weather the storm.
Dance in it.

Instead of simply exiting the room immediately after the sixth hour, the biome would go pitch black, leaving the girl in absolute darkness as the room began to shake uncontrollably beneath her feet, causing the teen to lose her balance momentarily. The sudden change to the room managed to catch Kazui off guard, even scaring her a bit as she tried to figure out what the hell was going on. Dark hues shifted aimlessly in the dark looking for anybody or anything that could help her. It was then that the stone path led her to the exit. Lit by the sky’s grace, Kazui would follow the path hesitantly until she saw a new door illuminated by a green light, the voice only confirming that she was going in the right direction.

Sighing gently beneath her breath, Kazui would relax a bit more, at least she didn’t have to worry about anyone ambushing her under the disguise of darkness. Entering the new door, she would finally be in the presence of another human being. It had only been four days, but even that seemed like a lot to the girl who was used to spending time by herself. Still, following the proctor closely, the jonin would lead the girl deeper into the earth, the warmth becoming more and more prominent the further they went. Narrowed eyes focused on the door at the end of the path, it matched her garments which pretty much gave the girl an idea of what could happen next. Color coating often meant groups, so if there were anyone else with a red uniform, she could almost guarantee that they would be led into the same room as her.

Part of her wanted to ask, but her silence would reign supreme as it normally did. Entering the new room, Kazui would be greeted by a bunch of random faces - accompanied by two familiar faces, Ayukawa and Player Two, she only referred to him as that because of their previous run in and mostly due to the fact that she didn’t know his name. A sigh visibly escaped from beyond her lips as the girl was ushered closer and closer to the other genin. "Oh boy.” She mumbled underneath her breath. Standing awkwardly amongst one another, tired and tortured, she would be placed beside the mist shinobi as the proctor went over the ins and outs as well as the rules. No resting? Fine. Throwing the genin into another exam without allowing them time to rest - who would’ve thought? But it seemed this round would be focused more on teamwork than anything, which was more or less pretty evident.

Once the proctor finished his announcement, Kazui would immediately turn to face her new team. Looking them over, she wouldn’t think of them as much, like herself they were only genin, there wasn’t anything special about them. Gently scratching the back of her head, the genin would grab a seat on the floor. Her mind rapidly wandered as she thought over what they could possibly face during this upcoming round. A similar test but maybe more difficult? No, maybe perhaps they would cross paths with actual shinobi opposition. Issei, Miho, and the rest were nowhere to be seen so Kazui supposed they could possibly be what they were going up against. The girl was worried too much about herself, so much that she forgot the purpose of the time that was allotted to them. However, she would remain in this state until someone broke her train of thought.

word count ● @tag ● sorry for being anti-social

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
last edit by Deleted on Jun 15, 2020 22:45:21 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Round Two Exams: Red TeamJun 15, 2020 22:50:29 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
if i'm a danger to myself
Just think what I could do to you
@--

Toru was still tense, still prepared for what was to come next. The room went dark, and his hand tensed over the hilt of his blade momentarily. The ground would shake, and then a stone path would form to the opposite side of the biome and light created a line, a voice spoke announcing where he was to go. So, he would - as quickly as his legs would carry him. He noticed the red light some ways away and the shadows, something he had no intention of investigating, he had a feeling of what it was and he didn't need to get involved. He knew how to stay out of the way, so he was going to continue on in staying out of the way.

A proctor would appear and lead him down a winding path, down into the earth. The temperature here was at least nice and a break from all the spikes - in both directions - that he had endured in the last four days. His adrenaline was still pumping, but he was slowing a bit, relaxing enough to rest himself mentality before what was to come next... Maybe they'd get a break.

Or not.

He was led into a room, a very empty room with stone floor and walls, with two foreboding chandeliers lit up on the ceiling. He was lined up with four others, there were two doors on the other side of the lined-up team appearing as one.

Five doors behind them. Now for the speech.

Ahead was the door for the next round. Wits, skills, but most importantly teamwork. Toru could do that, he was too tired to really argue with the concept of teamwork anyway, it was important to be good at teamwork as much as being a one-man team. They'd get so much time to get to know one another... The rest of the explanation was made and they would be left alone. No one was allowed to rest, so they better get to know each other well, and quickly.

Toru stepped forward immediately, he looked over his teammates, he remembered the one girl from Konohagakure. The spitfire with the sword... She sat on the floor now pondering.

He was going to introduce himself and tell everyone what he could do, he didn't know what the task would be but if they needed to get acquainted then he would make sure that everyone knew what he could provide for the team.

"I'm Toru. I can use weapons well, especially a sword, I'm fast, can provide cover, and also fresh clean water." There were a few other things, but he wasn't sure what lied beyond the door so he would stop for now. But, he would start the conversation and hopefully get the others to share amongst the group so they can be prepared to tackle whatever was ahead together. It didn't matter how they would feel about each other after these exams, and it didn't matter how they had felt before. All that mattered was working as a team and getting through this effectively.

Han has written 2,374 posts
Round Two Exams: Red TeamJun 16, 2020 2:51:04 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Oh good, a door! The was certainly a welcome change to the sand blasted desert she was abandoning with zero regrets.

She steps calmly casting a shielded gaze across the others gathered. She doesn’t say anything at first, just looks a bit silly. Her hood is pulled far to low, blocking her face intentionally, but not as effectively as she’d like. It was a nuisance, to be stripped of her beloved anonymity. She wouldn’t stand for it! She drops a heap of snow gear she had to carry, as the last biome was far to hot for her. Her belt is lined with improvised torches and a battleaxe, as well as a pair of belt pouches.

She spends a few moments looking over her new allies, stepping further from the door and remaining otherwise quiet as the proctor starts his little monologue. Ryo listened, but only just. She was distracted by the state of her uniform. Her robes were in tatters. She was a disgrace.

While the proctor is in the middle of his speech Ryo lifts her grubby little hands and forms a pair of hand seals. Henge no jutsu, easy peasy. A little puff of smoke pops around her, and as it dissipates she’s dressed much more comfortably. Dirty and frayed robes become a significantly more tattered cloak, her hood taking on the appearance of a bit grinning face with glossy button eyes. It conceals her better, leaving only the wide grin on her lips visible beneath its shadows. Simple as that she felt more comfortable, and she doesn’t even bother to take notice of it.

She waits her turn, and finally speaks when there’s quiet between the introductions.

"I’m Ryoko. Aihara Ryoko, of Iwagakure.” She thumbs at herself proudly enough, her transformed clothes now bearing the symbol of her village on her collar. "I’m not particularly fast or strong, but I’ve got some pretty useful jutsu. I can use just about any weapon anyone has, and am the worst target you could ever throw something at. I’ve got magic fingers.

She wiggles her fingers dramatically, jazz hands as it were. That draws a laugh from her, which proves that she is at least amusing herself.

"It is hard to say just what I do. I.. animate a half dozen weapons at once, and send them off to do battle on my behalf. I point, they fight. Doesn’t matter what it is, long as I can lift it I can bash people about the head with it, from half a mile away. I’ve also got some useful jutsu, but my family is pretty specialized.

She goes quiet to let other people talk, but inwardly and silently pines for the Doomblade. It’s been so long since she’d gotten to give it a hug. Truly tragic.
last edit by aihara ryoko on Jun 16, 2020 2:52:48 GMT -5
has written 301 posts
Round Two Exams: Red TeamJun 16, 2020 4:40:45 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday October 15th rank Chunin occupation Operation Team Member
Chunin Exams Round Two
"That was a rush! Sheesh I'm beat..."

Ayukawa would look upon the room with a calm, still somewhat cheery demeanor as at least she was no longer alone. Honestly, four days felt longer when you didn't have anyone to talk to. She was just happy to see that Kazui had made it as well. Though they did have their differences when it came to approaching one another, it was still nice to have a friend. Not that the came couldn't be said of the three she had yet to introduce herself to.

With them having unlimited time in which to get to know one another, and perhaps even take stop of their resources, Toru and Ryoko started things off with introducing themselves and explaining just what it was that they could do. This seemed to leave things off to the rest of them, Ayukawa openly able to speak as she pointed her thumb to herself before gesturing toward Kazui.

"I'm Saeko Ayukawa!! This is Kazui if ya were wondering...and I have never been more hungry in all my life!!!"

Holding her stomach briefly, she'd appear as if to fall down upon her back, yet she'd simply roll up to a seated position as she released a breath. It really had been a long few days, and while she had managed to keep herself fed and mostly intact, she was still a bit tired as she couldn't imagine a more difficult challenge in her life. Not even her training as a huntress within the desert compared to what she just went through.

Stretching her arms into the air, she'd begin to bob her body from one side to the next, eyes closed as she began to speak again as she limbered up.

"I'm mostly all bout Taijutsu! Ain't no one can compare with me!...Or at least...not anyone I know of...OH! Lady Kasumi of course! But I'm pretty fast too! Not with a blade but with my fist!

Looking at Toru as she then grinned at the boy, she'd then lay her body back across the floor, lifting her legs up as she began to bend them into her chest and then back out.

She had to keep herself flexible at the very least. Tired or not, a chance to rest was only that. Soon they'd be on the road again, though at least it would be with a team.

"I'm also a huntress! Can track down anything! Even see clues to wildlife sometimes if I really focus on it!"

-Items purchased-
Backpack ------------- 50 Credits
Item Pouch ----------- 10 Credits
Winter Coat ---------- 25 Credits
Snow Pants ----------- 25 Credits
Gloves --------------- 10 Credits
Boots ---------------- 10 Credits
Scarf ---------------- 5 Credits
Flint ---------------- 5 Credits x5 - 1
Tinder --------------- 5 Credits x5 - 1
Shuriken ------------- 5 Credits x10
Kunai ---------------- 10 Credits x5 -3
Metal Canteen -------- 10 Credits
Rope ----------------- 10 Credits
Shinobi Wire --------- 10 Credits
Smoke Bomb ----------- 5 Credits x2
Military Ration Pill - 100 Credits
Sleeping Bag --------- 50 Credits
Poncho --------------- 25 Credits
-Total:500
-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Lion's Sleep
Hunter instincts and experience on the hunt have granted Ayukawa insight into the minds of the prey she encounters. Animalistic encounters have allowed her to track and be capable of following those that she intends to target, at times giving her brief, but small insight into their intentions. While not fully developed, they allow for her to be less than likely to be caught off guard in a extreme moment, but it isn't as developed as one with further experience in the art.

In the Jungle
To survive in the desert, one must be able to keep up with not just the prey, but also to outrun the wild predators as well. Ayukawa training and life in the wilderness and vast landscape has prepared her for such events. Her genetics in relation to the Saeko Clan have given her an edge in physical combat, along with making her much more agile. Living out in the desert has also made her incredibly durable due to the intense environment surrounding her, along with possessing a high amount of physical stamina.

Tag: | Words: 7666| Notes:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
last edit by Saeko Ayukawa on Jun 16, 2020 4:41:39 GMT -5
Kaze has written 557 posts
Round Two Exams: Red TeamJun 16, 2020 21:46:13 GMT -5
Yoshioka Kouki
Yoshioka Kouki Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday Dec 14 (World Monkey Day) rank Adv. Genin occupation

The last biome Kouki was in was honestly pretty relaxing considering he endured, deserts, swamps, an ocean of sorts, and even a whirlpool. It was a six hours well spent of just taking in the atmosphere of the quaint grasslands. The six hours flew by as suddenly the pretty landscape was swallowed in darkness and it was as if the whole biome was shaking. Kouki knelt down and put one hand on the ground to stabilize himself as the ground shook. Once done, a path seemed to magically light up to show him a path. This definitely beat using a compass any day. As he made it to the door he was greeted by a proctor that boded him into the tunnel. Kouki wrapped his coat around his waist as the temperature seemed to raise more than enough to warrant lighter clothes.

As he entered the room he found he was in the presence of four other genin. He made his way gleefully over as he had always wanted to meet shinobi from around the world. At the same time, a familiar low growl of a voice came into his conscience.
"Don’t drag ‘em down with you, ya turd.” Kouki would be close enough for the others to see him suddenly scowl and glance upwards and to the left like he was annoyed at something behind him. "God. Shut it!! You didn’t bother me for four days and now this?!” Of course the beast within would wait until Kouki was able to meet some of his other peers. Annoying him while they were alone in a biome probably didn’t have the same kick to it. The boy immediately realized his outburst and turned a deep shade of red. "Uh…don’t worry about that it…happens sometimes…” Luckily the fellow genin didn’t miss much of a beat and started introducing each other, though Kouki was sure he was being silently judged. His face lit up as the one animated girl exclaimed her knack for taijutsu. "Yo! Me too! I mostly do taijutsu myself along with some pretty rad lava justsu if I do say so myself. Hehe…I’m Yoshioka Kouki by the way.” He thought only mentioning his lava jutsu wouldn’t be revealing that he was jinchuuriki. The boy knew to try and keep such things more hush hush. He made a big grin and thumbs up at the rest of the group but noticed the one shy, dark-haired girl seeming to be looking off into space. "Hey uhh…you ok? What can you do?”

⚬ Notes

Cosmic has written 128 posts
Round Two Exams: Red TeamJun 16, 2020 23:29:19 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Dance in it.

This was certainly quite the bunch they had. Kazui would begin paying attention to all the kids as they talked one by one, introducing themselves and giving everyone a brief rundown of what they were capable of. Two taijutsu fighters, one that could use lava. How cool was that? The other two seemed to be bukijutsu specialists based on the information they had given the rest of the group, Toru being capable of creating drinking water, Ryoko could apparently control things. Neat. Dark hues looked over each member, Toru seemed just as much cold as she herself was, the rest were pretty animated.

"..Yeah. I’m fine.” The girl said blandly as she lightly pushed herself up to her feet. What should she tell them? Did they really need to know combat abilities? Not really, especially since they had no idea what laid in wait for them. So instead of being as giving as the others, Kazui would vaguely tell everyone what she was good for. "I’m pretty versed in everything. I’m mostly a tactician..I have a sharp mind and 10 times out of 10 I know what I’m talking about.” She voiced softly, a dark bland gaze drifting towards Toru. Their first encounter replayed in her mind again and again. Luckily enough she didn’t have much of a problem with him as much as she had with his henchmen. A sigh escaped her lips before she spoke.

"I’m sorry about the other day.” She said to him in a whispered tone. Was she really sorry? No. But she was willing to bury the hatchet if it meant she could progress to the next round. There were no hard feelings towards the boy.

Stepping closer towards everyone, the girl would shuffle through her belongings and would show everyone everything she had remaining. It wasn’t much, but it was good enough to defend herself. "We’re probably running low on a lot of essential things..” She had no food left, but water wouldn’t be much of an issue.

"What do you guys have?” She asked.

word count ● @tag ● notes

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
last edit by Deleted on Jun 17, 2020 2:08:17 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Round Two Exams: Red TeamJun 17, 2020 11:03:43 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
@--

Toru listened, the energy the others had was throwing him off. For after four days he didn't really have the energy to communicate much, but they - aside from Kazui - seemed to be bouncing off the walls. It was really odd. Slowly he would join the others to sit, crossing his legs, leaning his cheek against his fist, his elbow into his knee.

They would speak.

Taijutsu.. Lava techniques. He wasn't sure how one could use lava techniques for survival, but maybe they could come up with something. The other girl, Ryoko, was a weapons user? Magic fingers... What did that even mean? Maybe some kind of kekkei genkai or secret technique. He would figure it out, either way he looked over at Kazui as she spoke.

What she said seemed kind of strange too, and cocky? No one knew what they were talking about ten out of ten times. Especially not a genin. Plus, tacticians were usually quite level-headed and from what he had seen of her reaction the other day... The other five or four.. or six days ago, she wasn't very level-headed.

What took him by slight surprise was her apology, he blinked at her, once. Then shrugged. That was his form of accepting the apology, whether it was genuine or not. He didn't really care, in fact he had already gotten over the encounter. He didn't really linger on those types of things, but if it happened again he might begin to hold a grudge. Either way, he was still a bit confused by her response. She was a tactician and knew what she was talking about.

Toru would pull his backpack and rummage through it to show what he had, it wasn't much, the chicken he had brought was gone. There was one smoke bomb though and still one set of flint and tinder. Which was great and all, but someone who could light things on fire would have been better.

"Who knows how to use katon?" He glanced to Kouki, he knew how to use lava but lava was a bit odd if they needed just a fire... Perhaps someone here was versed in fire release.

Round Two Exams: Red TeamJun 17, 2020 13:52:34 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday October 15th rank Chunin occupation Operation Team Member
Chunin Exams Round Two
"Gettttt outtttttt...."

While being able to do Taijutsu was amazing enough, Kouki was also capable of producing lava too!? That was seriously awesome! Though that wasn't to say that the others weren't just as cool as he was. One could summon weapons into almost living beings, and the other was able of producing water. They really did have this well in the bag. Or at least, she hoped they did. There was still the mystery of what the next part of the exams would hold for them, so getting cocky wouldn't be a good idea. Still, as her excitement seemed to build up, it was soon Kazui's turn to speak. Which, was about as much as to be expected when it came to an introduction.

She would generalize herself as being able of most everything, and that she was a good..tacter...tadtician? A planner! She was a good planner...

Which would be important if they were to get through organizing just what everyone had to give. So as people began to provide numbers on their equipment, Ayukawa would swiftly move to her bag, dragging it over to her side as she began to look into it. Kazui wasn't wrong her guess that there may not be much left for everyone really. So at the question of anyone being capable of performing Katon, the girl would shake her head as she then shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't really know how to perform Ninjutsu...but if Kouki's careful...his lava could work...right?"

With a blank expression, she'd continue to dig deeper into her pack, soon drawing out some rope and even some flint and tinder.

"I got some kunai and shuriken too if that helps!"

-Items purchased-
-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Lion's Sleep
Hunter instincts and experience on the hunt have granted Ayukawa insight into the minds of the prey she encounters. Animalistic encounters have allowed her to track and be capable of following those that she intends to target, at times giving her brief, but small insight into their intentions. While not fully developed, they allow for her to be less than likely to be caught off guard in a extreme moment, but it isn't as developed as one with further experience in the art.

In the Jungle
To survive in the desert, one must be able to keep up with not just the prey, but also to outrun the wild predators as well. Ayukawa training and life in the wilderness and vast landscape has prepared her for such events. Her genetics in relation to the Saeko Clan have given her an edge in physical combat, along with making her much more agile. Living out in the desert has also made her incredibly durable due to the intense environment surrounding her, along with possessing a high amount of physical stamina.

Tag: | Words: 282| Notes:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Round Two Exams: Red TeamJun 17, 2020 16:24:55 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
"I've got everything I started with." She reaches beneath the flowing tattered tan cloak now covering her from shoulders to knees and fiddles with something bound at her hip. Must have gone unnoticed (as I didn't have a grade or know if they survived before), but she pulls a still living chicken all bound up like a mummy in a sash out. It gives a few clueless clucks, seeming blissfully unaware of its surroundings. Behind her a dog sniffs about.

"No food, but I just hunted for what I need. Got my friends here, the dog's had a little bit of training. Enough to at least not get in trouble. Got my axe, got a few shuriken and the like, but otherwise I barely spent any of the money they gave me on anything but clothes to keep warm in. Turns out didn't even need those as much as I imagined I might."

She gives a little nod at her words, it made sense to her to not over-pack her bags.

"More than equipment, though, we need to figure out who's rested and who isn't. Who's fed, and who is already going hungry. I'm doing okay, the last 6 hours were more an annoyance of wind and sand than anything requiring me to exert myself. That guy said we can't rest now, but depending on how long this round is gonna be we're gonna need to get our very tired people resting as quickly as possible, so that we less than tired people will be able to rest when we do get tired."

As she speaks she is emptying her pair of belt pouches, placing 4 shuriken, 2 kunai, a flint, her battleaxe, a compass and watch, and about 4 makeshift torches she had left. It wasn't much, but it was still more than she started with. She gives her doggo a pat on the head, though the chicken remains mostly aloof and a bit unresponsive. It had seen better days, to be sure, but it was still alive and that's what mattered to Ryo. After grinning at the bird she adds an afterthought.

"Also... The chicken isn't food. It's my ward. I'm keeping it alive, so don't get any ideas until things get really bad.. and even then I'd rather eat the dog first." That gets a fearful little whine from her pup, but she just grins at it and pats it on the head.
has written 301 posts
Round Two Exams: Red TeamJun 17, 2020 22:55:16 GMT -5
Yoshioka Kouki
Yoshioka Kouki Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday Dec 14 (World Monkey Day) rank Adv. Genin occupation

Ten times out of ten? Yeah right. Kouki chuckled lightly at the response. At least she was confident. That can get you pretty far alone sometimes. Her answer was still pretty vague, and anybody can really be a tactician if they think about stuff long enough. Kouki would have to wait and see if she was all talk or not. The boy was already digging his makeshift team. It seemed well rounded enough that they probably have a good chance to push forward through the next part of the exam. He rubbed the back of his head and blushed slightly at Saeko’s response. It seemed she was a big fan of fellow taijutsu users. "Yeah I can control the amount of lava I make, so even if none of ya can do fire style, I can just sprinkle some Lava on some wood for fire if we need it!” Kouki was really wanting to impress these other genin as it isn’t every day that you get to meet people from around the world. Maybe after these exams they’ll return home and talk about how awesome he was.

"I have a cooking pot along with a hyena thigh and a whole salmon I still need to cook…an axe, five kunai…that’s about it. Oh, and I rested up big time in my last biome so I’m raring to go for whatever you need.” It could almost appear like the boy was trying too hard for them to like him, but he genuinely just wanted to feel useful. "Also…I don’t like to use my lava too much….personal reasons…” He darted his eyes away a tad sheepishly. How was he supposed to tell them that too much lava makes the ape within him angry? He eagerly awaited regardless of what possible plans the others may have.

⚬ Notes

Cosmic has written 128 posts
Round Two Exams: Red TeamJun 17, 2020 23:28:05 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Dance in it.

The chuckle from the yuki nin gave Kazui everything she needed to know. They didn’t believe her, huh? Well they would find out soon enough if they were ever put up against each other. Sure anyone could try to think of a tactic, but most were usually wrong or too slow for it to be effective. However, speaking of level headedness, the girl was as level headed as she could be, not wiping the floor with the other mist kunoichi on the spot seemed pretty level headed. Nevertheless, Kazui remained unbothered, ignoring the boy. Looking over towards Ryoko, Kazui would scoff. What was the purpose of having a chicken as a ward?

"Yeah...worst comes to worst. They’ll both be eaten…..unfortunately.” Kazui said softly, sighing beneath her breath as she eye’d the puppy. She didn’t like the idea of eating the dog, but their survival depended on it. So by any means necessary, Kazui would do whatever it took. "Sorry.” The girl sarcastically said to Ryoko in a whispered tone. To think she would risk their lives for the life of a chicken was absurd, but Kazui wasn’t one to judge, people were weird.

"I have weak katon, but it’ll work...so don’t worry about your lava.” It was a half lie, half truth, but it’s all that they needed to know. As a Uchiha her Katon was powerful, but due to the fact that she wasn’t born with it made her think otherwise. Otherwise, everything that they had seemed to be enough. There was a bit of food thanks to Ryoko and Kouki, overall they should be fine.

"I think we’re good. All I have is my two tantos, cooking pot, etc. Nothing of extreme importance.” The girl said. With that being said, she was about ready to get this next round over with.

word count ● @tag ● notes

has written 0 posts
Round Two Exams: Red TeamJun 17, 2020 23:55:45 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
@--

This girl wanted to keep the chicken alive before the dog? Clearly she had never been starving in her life if during a survival examination she was keeping around some chicken and threatening the dog that could very well be useful. But, he didn't make a sound just kind of stared into everyone's bags briefly, noting what was there and what was not. If they were to make a team, they could probably make it. If they were enemies, well then none of this stuff mattered and Toru was going to be on his own and he would have them know that he could make water and use a sword. Not exactly the most detailed description, but it was one nonetheless... More detailed than what Kazui gave. He wasn't sure why she was being so vague, but he was going to go off of something about her being a supposed tactician. He didn't know what tactic it was, but maybe it was a good one, or maybe it was a bad one. Time would tell.

He leaned back now, his palms against the ground, his shoulder slightly scrunched upwards.

Kazui had some weak katon, good enough.

Toru would put his backpack back up, what he had was what he had and there was no reason to continue showing everyone everything. It was not as if there was a lot in his pack.

"...Hopefully, we have some time to get to know each other out there if we missed anything here." But, he was arguably ready to get going as well.

Round Two Exams: Red TeamJun 18, 2020 1:56:34 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Oh yes.. strange looks from strange people. Beneath the broad brim of her grinning hood, her own smile never faded. It wasn't that she didn't care about the judgemental looks of others. No no, she thrived on it. She gives a subtle wave of her hand, turns her palm upwards, then makes a beckoning motion with her fingers. As she does, her two kunai and four shuriken each lift on their own accord, and float their ways silently back into her belt pouch.

"You people are weird", she notes with a wry snicker. As she does she collects the rest of her belongings, gathering up the tools for storage in her pouch, and her axe to just hold for now.

"Just got told the mission is team work and you're already trying to figure out what we're gonna kill first. Let's at least see what we're gonna be dealing with before we go making sacrifices. If we're lucky we won't be all alone on an island with no food, and will have other shinobi we can play with. If so, we can work together to ensure they're the ones making the sacrifice..."

"You're tryin' to plan for the worst, cause right now imagining the best is hard. We don't know what's comin'. Trust me, It's gonna be fine. I'm well trained, I can't wait to get my hands on whatever challenge they wanna throw at us. And I can't wait to hold my chicken up high when I'm done and say, yeah, I did that too. Brought the helpless through the storm with my own hands... and then ate it when I got home, all victorious."

She gives a final nod.

"Besides, did any of you really have any trouble the past four days? Few scrapes, few bites, bit of cold. All around good fun, no problem."

last edit by aihara ryoko on Jun 18, 2020 1:57:52 GMT -5
has written 301 posts
Round Two Exams: Red TeamJun 18, 2020 2:48:32 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Chunin Exams Round Two
"Sooo the chicken is like a friend..."

Ayukawa would look toward Ryoko, her expression calm as she appeared to have a strong bond with the plucky clucker. Of course, with four days out on the road of endless survivor fun, it was easy to bond to any companion that was keeping you alive. While Ayukawa would be the first to say that the journey had been more than a bit lonely without someone, having someone to at least talk to and speak on their thoughts would have saved her a lot of emotional baggage during some of the exam's lengthy time frame. But, she had not just the chicken, but a dog as well.

Still, if it helped to save the egg layer from some uncertain doom, Ayukawa would draw up some deer meat from her pack, cooked though clearly having some signs of frost as she placed upon her lap with a grin.

"I have some cooked Deer meat to help..so...lets try not to eat Sir Cluck and Mr. Doggy...okay?"

With a grin toward Ryoko to show some support, the teen would then sigh as she laid her hands back behind her head as she once again stretched.

"Honestly...the last leg of the trip was when things got really rough....trying to keep it together alone and with only a few things is hard...but...when ya really want something...you do whatever it takes...when ya have to..."

-Items purchased-
-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Lion's Sleep

In the Jungle

Tag: | Words: 234| Notes:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
last edit by Saeko Ayukawa on Jun 18, 2020 2:49:03 GMT -5