compose a reply
Wrong Room (Jou)Jun 7, 2022 21:45:29 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday 6/13 rank Genin occupation Team 1 Member
SOMEDAY WE WILL CONNECT THE DOTS AND UNVEIL THE WORLD
Asahi's little plan worked, and he swept Jou off his feet and into his ki arms. As this happened, he noticed the color of Jou's eyes change as his expression changed to shock. The change in the white haired boy's eye color came with an intricate pattern around the iris.

But with Jou's safety being discovered instead of danger, came a stillness from them both. Asahi watched Jou start to register what just happened, looking at the ki arms that held him. The red that started to come to the Jou's face. Then, he watched the boy in his arms start to struggle free, all while holding that tongue out smile.

Where usually he would have no problem with his balance here, a sudden sharp pain in his ribs challenged that. He had entirely forgotten that he was still healing. Asahi winced as Jou struggled free, and Asahi lost the challenge. After letting Jou go, he began to fall forward...But he wasn't met with the ground.

As his ki arms disabled, being sucked back into the seal on his back, he fell into arms...Jou's arms. Now he found himself in the same position he had just surprised the other boy into. Asahi let off a few surprised blinks, but didn't struggle. Instead, he relaxed.

Asahi wrapped his arms around Jou's neck as he was cradled, with one of his hands resting on Jou's chest along with his head. He looked up and tried to meet Jou's eyes. "Wow, so it wasn't that you're just nice to look at, there's strength behind those muscles too...and you have some amazing eyes," Asahi said. Instead of the tongue out smile he had started with, now he held a flirtatious smirk.

Asahi knew what he was doing, but seeing Jou flustered was fun. And none of his words were lies. He did find Jou nice to look at, from what he could feel the boy was strong, and he did have some amazing, beautiful eyes, red or purple...

Notes:

Tag: 

MADE BY MINNIE OF FTS & GS
Milu has written 379 posts
Wrong Room (Jou)Jun 14, 2022 10:56:45 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday June 12 rank Adv. Genin occupation
It seems that Jou's struggling has freed him...but has caused a new problem. Before he could say anything, Jou could see that Asahi was getting ready to fall over now, probably from Jou's struggling! Even with his own injuries, the young Himishi was able to work fast, maybe with a little assistance from his eyes. He managed to catch Asahi in the nick of time...holding him in his arms.

Jou let out a sigh of relief afterward, not realizing the position the two were in now since he was more concerned about the other genin's safety at the moment. Jou was just about to ask Asahi if he was alright...until he felt that arm wrap around his neck...then the hand on his chest which caused the young Himishi to glance down. Did...Asahi needed more support or something? That didn't make any sense since he was in...his...arms...

Now it started to click in Jou's head. They were right in the middle of the hall...in such a...scandalous position. What if somebody walked by and saw them right now!? It was a surprise that the duo had gone this far without seeing anyone else, but due to how late it was it might make some sense. His heart was practically pumping out of his chest at this point, which Asahi may be able to feel.

"I-I...So-" Jou was about to apologize since this was not his intention...but he stopped the moment the other genin started to speak. Was he...flirting...? This only flustered the teen more, not able to take his eyes off of the other in this moment. Speaking of eyes...Asahi complimented Jou's eyes as well...which was something that tends to mean more to him than any other form of compliment. Sure he may get worked up when someone says something about his body or face...but the moment someone talks about his eyes...he just can't help but smile a little. "Th-thanks..." he said, actually able to speak properly this time.

Jou hadn't felt...something like this since he met that kunoichi in Yukigakure. "Y-You look..." Just like with her, Jou felt himself staring a little too long into Asahi's eyes, his own reverting back to their crimson color as his grip on Asahi tightened slightly. But before he could finish his sentence, some sense came back to Jou, causing him to blink and look away, his face still showing the faintest of red. "I-I mean...sorry..." He then attempted to let go of Asahi in a way to help him back on his feet. "...about almost making you fall...I'm um...sure it would be bad for y-your...injuries."

[REDACTED] has written 254 posts
Wrong Room (Jou)Jun 21, 2022 18:11:55 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
As Asahi watched the small smile cross Jou's face at the compliment on his eyes, he returned it as the boy said thanks. But the white haired boy being flustered still showed through slightly in his stutters.

Asahi tilted his head slightly, holding the gaze, as Jou started to say something but stopped himself. There was an almost dreamy nature to the look they shared, and then after a slight tightening of his grip, Jou blinked and woke up, looking away. Instead of continuing, Jou apologized, and let him down.

Asahi accepted the help back to his feet. He wondered what Jou was about to say, but didn't press that...at least not yet. But this provided another momentary opportunity. "Yeah it was bad for my injuries," Asahi said and held his ribs as if in immense pain.

"However will you repay me?" Asahi asked and tried his best to keep up his serious facade. But he didn't hold the facade or his ribs for long, going back to a playful smile before saying, "Why are you apologizing? If I got hurt from that, it would be my fault for starting it, and either way, worth it," he said while wiping some of his green hair out of his face.

"But...I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel that a bit," he started with a small chuckle at himself, and a return to holding his ribs. His hold of his injury hadn't all been for show. He hadn't reopened it, but he had inflamed it.

"So, how about we switch it up? I'll carry all the books, if you help me make it the rest of the way? You don't have to cradle me, but I could use some help alleviating the pressure I put on my side as I walk. An arm around you should be enough," Asahi suggested. It would be like helping return an injured shinobi on the field to safety, more so than the suggestive hold he had shocked the boy into moments ago.

Notes:

Tag: 

Wrong Room (Jou)Jul 3, 2022 11:15:35 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Jou looked really worried the second he saw that look in Asahi's face and the way he held onto his side. Jou was now mentally beating himself up over not being too careful. Things were going by so pleasantly too, and now Jou believes that he screwed it up! He should not have caught the other genin like that....but then he would've fallen and his injuries might've gotten even worse! This felt like a losing battle either way, and the last thing Jou needed was to antagonize someone from an enemy nation. He did not want to be responsible for an international incident! Of course, Jou was overthinking things as he tends to do.

He was just about to apologize once more. "I-I could pay for any further injuries you received." Could he? "O-Or I can cook something." He totally can. "Or whatever you think is a fitting repayment. I-I'll do anything, I'm so sorr-" but before he could finish running his mouth as if he were trying to escape being decapitated, he took notice of Asahi's smile. It was clear from that and his next words that the konoha genin was not really bothered by this...and only messing around. "I-" Jou couldn't even figure out the words to say and settled with glancing away while scratching the side of his cheek with a finger.

Asahi's next words did bring some concern to Jou though, but not as dramatic as previously. The other genin made a suggestion, one that Jou was quick to accept if it meant helping the other with the pain. "Of course." Jou handed Asahi the books he was holding and went beside him, helping the other teen wrap an arm around the young Himishi's neck. If it weren't for what just happened, Jou would not have thought much of this...but with how close they were, Jou couldn't escape this weird, yet small feeling that manifested.

"You good?" Jou asked, not keeping eye contact as he did. If he was fine, Jou would start to move, making sure to walk at a steady pace.

Wrong Room (Jou)Jul 6, 2022 16:23:10 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Asahi watched as Jou didn't hesitate to take him up on the offer. The white haired boy handed off the books he was holding, and Asahi stuffed them into his backpack, crouching and wincing as he did. But once the backpack was stuffed with all of the books, he accepted Jou's help to get an arm around his neck. The green haired boy had no problem getting close to Jou, pressing his body against his fellow genin just a little bit more than he probably needed to as he positioned himself to walk alongside his support.

He activated one of the ki arms from the seal on his back to carry the backpack close behind him. "Yeah I'm good, thanks," Asahi said with a nod, that in Jou's avoidance of eye contact, he may have missed. But with the word, they continued moving through the halls. Unless Jou said something, it would be quiet at first, with Asahi carrying a small smile from Jou's reaction to it all...among other feelings...

But Asahi would break the silence if Jou didn't, in an attempt to get his supporter's mind off of how close they were and all the sequence of events prior, along with his own mind..."You ever have to really do this yet, like out in the field? Carry someone to safety?" Asahi asked the rather heavy question, much more casually than most would.

But in his eyes, it was a casual question. Injuries happened every day and if they were here, they probably had experience in the field and in potentially dangerous situations.

Notes:

Tag: 

Wrong Room (Jou)Jul 19, 2022 21:35:37 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Considering this was Jou's first time having to carry someone like this, he wasn't exactly sure how firmly he was supposed to hold Asahi...or how close the two needed to be. If Jou thought about this more calmly and rationally, he'd probably figure it out without needing a proper guide...but Jou was far from calm at the moment. The poor Himishi could not even look in the direction of the other genin, thinking it might get his mind off of their previous interaction...and their current one...but just the feeling alone was enough to make that difficult. Still, Jou was committed to helping Asahi.

Jou simply nodded in return despite not having seen the leaf genin's own nod and started to walk with Asahi, keeping at a steady pace. Despite how he felt now, it was clear that Jou was doing his best to make sure that the other teen would feel as little pain as possible while they walked.

As the duo walked, neither seemingly uttered a word, letting silence take over save for their footsteps against the floor. Jou never really minded the quiet, mostly when he's alone, but in this case he wasn't. It was a little awkward for him, mostly because he was starting to feel like he was doing something wrong. It was like earlier with Jou feeling like he was not contributing at all...that it felt like the other person was losing interest. Jou could feel his heartbeat growing heavy, but tried to remain calm...or as calm as he can be being close to someone like this...

But then ths silence was broken not by Jou but by Asahi, who posed an interesting question. "U-Um, this is my first time a-actually." Jou claimed before raising his eyes a bit in worry and looked over at Asahi. "Wh-Why do you ask? I'm not...hurting you am I?" he asked, reading a little too much into the question. His crimson eyes rested on Asahi's for a moment, but then shifted to that strange arm that the other genin summoned...still curious about its nature.

Wrong Room (Jou)Jul 21, 2022 17:27:15 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
From how Jou was carrying him, Asahi had thought that there was a chance that he hadn't carried someone like this before, and the white haired boy's words confirmed it. He could tell the boy was trying to remain calm, but his heart was giving him away.

But Jou wasn't too far off in the way he was holding Asahi. It was less a pain thing and more a comfort thing. Jou's worried question brought a smile to Asahi's face. "Yes. Ooooo oww it hurts sooo bad." Asahi playfully and sarcastically said as he had before, continuing right after he expressed his fake pain.

"No, no, you're not hurting me. If you were, I would tell you. But for your first time, it's coming pretty natural to you. Just, shift your arm from holding my legs by the back of my knees to holding them by the back of my thigh and I'll be a little more comfortable. Where your other arm is along my back is actually the perfect spot." Asahi said with a slight shift to make the hold more comfortable, but not enough to throw off their balance. Asahi watched Jou go from sharing a gaze with him, to looking at his ki arm that extended behind them.

"Stooop. Don't just stare at it..." Asahi pleaded, acting embarrassed of the extra appendage, looking away and burying his face in Jou's chest as he carried him. Then he lifted his head back up with that same smile that told Jou again and again throughout their interaciton so far, that he had been playing around.

"I'm joking of course. You're not the first person to give my ki arms that look. But you look like you have questions? Ask away, if you want." Asahi said with a smile. This time less playful and more welcoming, permissive. He didn't mind talking about them, especially with their clan being so spread out and rare. Honestly, he kind of enjoyed doing so when he got the chance.

Notes:

Tag: 

Wrong Room (Jou)Aug 30, 2022 20:53:47 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Jou pretty much tensed up at Asahi's...'reaction' of being in pain. To some...or maybe most, they would've picked up on the joke, but Jou was a little too focused on whether he was doing this right, and clearly nervous...a wreck even. Jou was one second away from panicking and once again apologizing profusely...but fortunately the leaf genin did not keep up with this charade for long.

The Himishi teen let out a sigh before shaking his head a bit. "D-Don't joke like that." Jou said, his expression giving off a hint of a pout, one that he was not trying to intentionally do. He wasn't really mad or upset with Asahi, but just relieved he wasn't actually putting him in more pain. He did listen to the other genin's little critique though, and adjusted his other hand accordingly, sliding them to the back of his thigh. "R-right..." Jou muttered before continuing to walk. A part of him still could not get over the fact that he was doing this at all, regardless of if they were supposed to be enemies or not. He was doing this because Asahi is injured, and wanted to assist him, and nothing else! That's what Jou has been trying to tell himself pretty much..

Jou's eyes were now focused on those strange limbs, but he didn't really realize that he was staring until Asahi's sudden plea. "Wh-Wah...I..." Jou was practically flustered as well...especially with Asahi burying his face into his chest! It stopped Jou from walking again as he tried to gather up the correct words to say. "I-I didn't mean t-" But once again it was another joke, causing the tensed up Himishi to to exhale out of his nose this time almost as if he were deflating. Jou did not know how much more his poor innocent heart could take this.

Fortunately, Jou's focus did not stay on the joke for long. "Ki...arms, huh?" Jou once again looked towards them, his curiosity getting the better of him. "I've never seen a technique like that before...b-but I guess my staring gave that away." Jou added before glancing away, a light nervous chuckle escaping his lips. "Is this a jutsu exclusive to Konoha...?"

Wrong Room (Jou)Sept 12, 2022 17:21:37 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Asahi noticed the slight pout that Jou gave at his joke before adjusting his hold to be more comfortable. The exhale from the white haired boy's nose at the other joke was also taken note of. His wide smile faded to slightly smaller one. Maybe the jokes were starting to take their toll on his friend. He considered relaxing on them a bit, but his attention was also shifted by Jou's question.

"I don't think so. I mean, there's the possibility that everyone outside of Hi No Kuni who knows this technique is dead, but that's not probable," Asahi began. "My mother always said that the clan is pretty scattered, after the death of, Ōshisouka I believe his name was. But the clan also isn't very big now," Asahi said with a thumb to the chin, as he thought back on his knowledge about his bloodline and their technique.

"But then there's the fact, that this is simply a jutsu, and just like any other jutsu, it can be taught and learned, I presume to anybody, even outside of the clan, so who knows where knowledge of this jutsu has gotten to at this point. I mean just the other day I saw a dog with a seal like the one on my back and an extra leg. Although that was...something else too. Something about it was off...but that's beside the point..." Asahi trailed off. A shake of the head got himself back on track.

"Long story short, I doubt it is." Asahi finished and threw out a question of his own. "What about your eyes? I showed you mine, so show and tell me about yours." Asahi requested with a playful tongue out through his smile at the end.

Notes:

Tag: 

Wrong Room (Jou)Sept 27, 2022 15:12:19 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Seems that strange jutsu of Asahi's is connected to a clan rather than his village. Jou has never heard of a clan that uses a hijutsu like this...but of course there were many clans that Jou had never heard of, many jutsu and kekkei genkai that he had never even thought of. It doesn't even seem like Asahi is completely aware of the origins of this jutsu, but again, he could be lying. Jou couldn't blame him if that's the case though. Despite how...close they were currently being, they both still hail from two enemy villages...so some form of caution still needed to be taken...even though that did not stop Jou from cooking and forming a bond with a certain Hyuga who also comes from Konoha. Jou might be a little too pure and nice for his own good.

Still, Jou couldn't rip his attention away from Asashi even if he tried. Getting to learn about this arm jutsu was enough to get Jou's mind off of...how he was carrying the other genin. He was interested in Asahi's words, quietly wondering just how many more had access to that jutsu. "A seal?" Jou didn't realize there was one on Asahi's back...but it's not like he's seen it or anything. It explains why those chakra arms appeared to come from there then, leaving Jou even more curious. But then Asahi started talking about a dog with an extra limb and Jou raised an eyebrow. "Really? Here? Wish I could've seen it." Jou said with a hint of disappointment.

But now it was Jou's time to share, it seems.

"Wh-Huh...Oh, my eyes." Jou fumbled a bit on his words, being caught off guard for multiple reasons. There was a split second of hesitation...but it was only fair for Jou to do the same in return. Jou nodded and looked back at Asahi, his eyes now shifting from crimson to violet. Not only that, but black symbols formed around the eyes as well, along with two black arrows.

The eyes spun for a few rotations before stopping. "This is my clan's kekkei genkai, the Tomokenzangan." Jou claimed. Jou paused for a bit, letting Asahi get a good look of his eyes, but it was also to think of the words to say, how much can and should he talk about this? He was sure Asahi did not mean any ill will...but....

"Our doujutsu allows us to...alter the perception of time, so to speak, but not actually manipulate time itself if that makes sense." He claimed, which exactly wasn't a lie. "My clan views and values time differently than the others of my village...and maybe even other lands." He then started to look forward again before reciting, "Learn from the past, question the present...and plan for the future." his clan's motto. He then looked back at Asahi, smiling slightly. "We're taught to seek our own enlightenment through understanding how we affect time...and how it affects us, ya know." He then looked down a bit with an almost bittersweet smile and stopped walking. "There's still a lot I need to learn from the past...and the present still is proving to be a challenge thus far you could imagine..." Jou added...partially speaking to himself...and notably not bringing up the future.

He then looked back at the other genin, just now realizing how distracted he was starting to become. "I-I mean...uh...th-that's my ability...yeah." he added with a sheepish smile.

Wrong Room (Jou)Oct 3, 2022 18:40:00 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Asahi felt the hesitation in Jou's body along with his words when requested to see his eyes. But with a nod, the white haired boy agreed. From Asahi's cradled position in Jou's arms, he got a close up look as his carrier's eyes shifted. From red to purple, Asahi's own golden eyes watched, his fascination starting to rise to the surface.

A black circle showed inside the purple of the eye and along with that black circle were two black arrows that pointed toward the black pupil. The black of Jou's eyes rotated a couple of times before stopping, and Jou gave the unique eyes a name. Tomokenzangan. Asahi echoed the name inside of his own head.

Another pause settled between them and Asahi didn't interrupt the silence that came with it. After a moment, he caught himself staring into those purple orbs like Jou had been caught staring at his own unique trait. Jou's words broke him out of the psuedotrance he found himself in, as he explained it a little more.

Asahi's eyebrows raised when Jou said it allowed them to manipulate time but lowered only slightly as Jou clarified. Asahi listened, genuinely interested as Jou explained his clan's views on time. Jou's smile was met with Asahi's own, the awe still clear on his face, only enhanced by the boy describing their clan's thoughts on time.

But even though Asahi was in awe, he caught the shift in Jou's smile as he looked away. But Jou's eyes came back to Asahi with again a different smile and a conclusion to the verbal presentation. Asahi let them exchange a look in silence again for a couple of moments before responding. "...That's so COOL!!!" the green haired boy exclaimed, his fascination finally making it's escape from his body. "Every clan has it's philosophy, sure, but I've never heard of a clan that thinks of or deals with time like that!" Asahi added, still examining Jou's eyes with his own as long as they remained active.

Time was one of those things both concrete and abstract. Something that people had some understanding about but still had plenty to learn about. And in honesty, it was something that Asahi himself had never thought of much deeper than it's practical and real use. He wondered what seeing the world through eyes like Jou's, was like, both metaphorically and physically. "Here you are again, proving yourself wrong. If this is one of your focuses, it's more than just interesting. But it's also not fair! You get beautiful crimson eyes and beautiful violet ones!" Asahi whined, finishing it off with a playful grin, before glancing around at where they had stopped.

"And you have good instincts! My room is right around the corner, if my memory is right." Asahi noted from his glancing and with a look, pointed around the corner of the hall they currently found themselves in. "...But back to these," Asahi started again as he turned back to Jou's eyes.

"Learn from the past, question the present, and plan for the future? That sounds like a pretty good way to think. I'd say I'm going through the same thing is you, in a way, so what about your future? If you're learning from the past and facing the challenges the present presents, what're your plans for the future? Have they shifted because of present's challenges?" Asahi asked, probing for a glimpse at the path to enlightenment, as his clan put it, that Jou was on so far.

Some people might have picked up on the intentionality of Jou leaving that out. And rather Asahi picked up on it or not, he asked anyway, still with his genuine friendly, and welcoming smile. A smile, that few brought of him, but that Jou had.

Notes:

Tag: 

Wrong Room (Jou)Oct 10, 2022 12:49:58 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Jou had not really noticed how deeply Asahi was staring into his eyes, mostly because he was too distracted with trying to explain his clan to him which may have been fortunate or else Jou might've ended up a stuttering mess. It was a miracle that he even got used to holding Asahi like this and hasn't dropped him by now! But again, it's most likely because he hasn't been thinking too hard about this.

Jou did feel like he was rambling a little at the end though. The last thing he wanted to do was bore the poor guy since he wasn't exactly the greatest at making his explanations sound engaging...at least in his head. "Wha-" But then Asahi's excitement caught Jou off guard, making him blink a few times. This was the last thing the young Himishi was expecting. The other genin actually thought this was all...cool? Well, Jou found his clan's philosophies interesting...but he didn't really expect anyone outside of it to as well...especially a Konoha ninja. "O-Oh, yeah?" Was there really not that many clans that share a similar philosophy if any at all? Jou was confused at first by Asahi's reaction...but the more the other genin spoke strongly...a sense of warmth would continue to grow inside of the Himishi boy. Was it pride? Jou wasn't too sure about it, but he couldn't help but crack a sheepish grin because of it....but his grin was replaced by a puzzled expression at Asahi's 'not fair' comment. "Hm?"

"I-Oh...Hey, n-not as beautiful as your golden eyes!" Jou added...without really thinking. He felt like he was put on the spot and had to say something...but didn't fully register what escaped his lips until a few seconds later. "W-Wait I-I mean...!" Jou was flushed as he scrambled to save himself, but couldn't come up with anything. He ended up looking into Asahi's eyes once more though. He really did think that they were nice which caused the boy's heart to race. Jou found himself staring again...but it didn't last as he realized it and quickly shifted his attention away....the poor guy.

"Oh really? I almost forgot about that." Jou chuckled lightly. He had been actually enjoying himself to the point that he forgot why he was even here with the other genin. But then...the thought of it almost being over the moment they turn this corner did make Jou a little upset. It felt like time was flying...and a part of him wished that he had a little more...

Speaking of time...

The subject shifted nicely back into the talk of time...with the future now being brought up. With the mention of this question. Jou appeared to have slightly tensed up. He did open his mouth, like he wanted to say something...but then closed it, biting his lower lip as he turned the corner. With what happened during his fight with Haruka, on top of his position in the clan...it felt like Jou's past was repeating itself now in the present...and to him it felt like he learnt nothing...that he was regressing. What future could he hope to possibly have...if he can't even conquer his past? "I don't...I...don't..." Jou muttered. He then look at what he could only assume to be the entrance to Asahi's room and stopped.

"We're...we're here." Jou added....'forgetting' to answer his question.

Wrong Room (Jou)Oct 23, 2022 21:02:45 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Asahi's eyes perked up and a sly smile crossed his face as Jou commented on his own golden eyes. But the conversation moved on, and Jou progressed from shock to what seemed like a tenseness. The white haired boy repeated the same thing, and Asahi cocked his head to the side in confusion and the boy's response. Why was he tense? Did he say something wrong?

His attention, and the conversation were turned again as Jou announced their arrival. Asahi's head turned from Jou, to his residence here at the chuunin exams, and back to the boy. There was a pause, one that Asahi invited as he still sat in Jou's arms. "Yeah, I guess we are," Asahi finally responded, and although he wasn't aware of it, in his voice, it was clear he didn't want them to separate yet.

Asahi wiggled and hopped out of Jou's arms to open the door. His roommate wasn't there at the moment. There was plenty to explore around here, and from his memory his roommate hadn't been injured in the last round, so it made sense that they were out and about.

After opening the door, he turned back to Jou. "Thank you, for all the help. You're pretty nice for an Iwagakure shinobi, and I guess I forgive you for hurting me along the way." He finished their walk with a final little tease, and friendly smile.

Throughout all of this, Asahi had forgotten that this had all started as an unspoken game. Playing up his injury. This would be the time where he usually revealed his game to the other player...but he didn't want to now. Jou's assistance felt...real, and warm. Maybe, his white haired...friend?...was too nice for his own good...

"But really, thank you...Do you...want to come in?...and let me pay you back with a meal or some water or something?...I want to hear more about your world, and your future!" Asahi genuinely asked and proclaimed. Again, it shown through that he didn't want them to have to part ways yet. After all, would they even see each other again after this?! But in the back of his head, he knew that their walk had taken up a bit of time already.

Notes:

Tag: 

Wrong Room (Jou)Oct 24, 2022 14:26:33 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Under different circumstances, hearing Asahi's first comment would most likely cause Jou to have a mental sigh of relief, since he successfully avoided having to answer that question...but Jou didn't feel as relieved or triumphant. Maybe it was the tone in the leaf genin's voice that Jou picked up on that made Jou feel this way. Despite all of the teasing Asahi had been doing thus far...he sounded more genuine this time...like he was truly upset about something. Was...he upset about reaching here already? Why would he be...unless...? No...even Jou thought that was too presumptuous. Jou didn't think of himself as the most interesting person to be around after all...or maybe Jou was the one who was upset about this seemingly coming to an end?

Now that he was able to stand there and think about it...Jou had nearly forgotten why all of this happened...and was just enjoying his company. Jou even forgot that he was holding Asahi until he wiggled off of him, causing Jou's face to light up a bit as he yet again glanced away. But there was now also a sense of...emptiness?...that formed the moment he parted, causing Jou to look back over at Asahi as he opened the door. Jou didn't want to say goodbye just yet...but he didn't want to be more of a nuisance than he already felt he was being.

His eyes lingered on the other genin even to the point of remaining locked on him until Asahi started to speak again. Again, the green-haired genin let out another teasing remark...but Jou seemed to be a little more used to it now instead of getting flustered. "Oh...'ha ha'." he said, his tone holding a hint of sarcasm as he rubbed the back of his head. "You're...not so bad for a Konoha shinobi." Jou returned the teasing surprisingly with a bit of his own. Jou didn't feel as awkward around the leaf genin like he did before. Though their time was brief, Jou felt a little more comfortable around Asahi now. To Jou, this felt almost similar to his interactions with Kazu and Shigure...but also different? This moment did remind Jou more of something else though...The time when he met that kunoichi from Yukigakure...Jun. The thought of being able to compare those two moments was enough to make Jou's heart start to race.

Asahi then asked a question which Jou didn't register at first. "Oh...I-I..." Jou looked down the hall that the two had just walked from. A part of Jou felt like he'd be intruding despite the offer....but he also was not ready to part ways just yet. The talk about the future made Jou wince a bit though...discouraging him from wanting to say yes. The young Himishi was almost ready to decline now but...he also started to think again about what happened earlier in the morning...his fight with Haruka. Jou did not want to be alone with his thoughts right now...

"Yeah...I would love that, Asahi-chan." Jou added before facing Asahi again, giving him a warm smile.

Wrong Room (Jou)Oct 27, 2022 15:38:35 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Against his expectations and alongside his hopes, Jou accepted his offer. More than that, he said he’d love to! Asahi-chan?…The suffix took a moment to register but he gave Jou a warm smile in return, one that tried to hide his relief and excitement.

Asahi went to grab Jou’s arm and if allowed, gently pulled him into the room behind him. "Welcome to my home, away from home, away from home, away from the home you just helped me from,” Asahi said, a callback to his earlier words, with a small laugh as he closed the door behind them.

He still didn’t quite understand it himself, this feeling…but he felt a draw toward the white haired boy. A certain attraction to him, from the moment he had walked into the boy’s medical room. And over their encounter so far, that attraction had only grown.

The room was cleaner than the medical room Asahi had come from, but that was only because he had half of this one, and hadn’t been here long. His ki arm set his backpack down at the foot of the bed and he deactivated them, the boney chakra arms seemingly being sucked back into the seal on his back as quickly as they came out, and leaving a hole in the blueish white medical shirt he was given.

Asahi walked over to the small countertop and cabinets they were given and grabbed two bottles of water off the top. "Want some water? I know I’m pretty slim but still you carried me a bit of a way?” he asked as he made his way over to the bed. If Jou said yes, Asahi would toss the bottle over to him. If not Asahi would keep it and place it next to the bed.

Asahi sat down on the bed’s edge, slowly as his injuries reminded him that despite his game he had given up on, they were still there. He criss crossed his legs on top of the bed with and patted at a spot next to him as an invitation for Jou to come sit next to him.

"So, tell me about more about your world then. Iwagakure, outside of your clan? What’s your favorite thing about your home village? What’s something you wish was different about it?” Asahi inquired.

"Oh, and carrying me throughout that walk didn’t aggravate your injury at all did it? I can check for you if you want? After all, I am a medic, sort of…” Unlike when they first met, Asahi’s words as a "medic” now weren’t passive. His voice exuded care and concern.

Notes:

Tag: 

quick reply

compose a reply