Wrong Room (Jou)

compose a reply
Wrong Room (Jou)Nov 1, 2022 13:19:51 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday June 12 rank Adv. Genin occupation
If Jou wasn't smiling already, he'd certainly be smiling now after seeing Asahi's own. It was a little infectious, making the young Himishi almost forget about what had been bothering him. But the moment his arm was grabbed, Jou was taken off guard, appearing a bit flustered as he was brought into the room. At moments like these, Jou would've probably second guessed his choices by now, but with this Konoha genin...he didn't feel like running away, or coming up with some sort of excuse to back out of this. Jou felt happy about this...being able to spend a little more time with him.
Now in the room, Jou took a moment to take in the area, getting another glimpse into Asahi's world. His room was well kept and tidy, something that Jou respects, though he wouldn't call himself a neat freak. "This room feels a lot more like you." Jou responded, joking a little. His eyes then shifted towards Asahi's chakra arm returning to his back. It left a hole which gave Jou a bit of a glimpse of the seal or tattoo it had come from. Seeing this only filled Jou with more questions about this jutsu and such. But instead of prying anymore into it, Jou quickly glanced away the moment Asahi spoke again, but looked right back at him as he was offered some water. "Sure, thanks." Jou claimed before catching the bottle that was tossed to him. Catching the water did cause him to wince a little...having nearly forgotten about what remained of his injuries.

Jou took notice of how the other genin sat down as well, seeing that he also hadn't exactly recovered. Jou was going to ask if he was okay, but then he saw the gesture to come sit with him. Jou placed his free hand on the side of his arm, for a second considering whether to just remain standing...but he was already in the room, so he'd might as well sit....next to him. With that, Jou stepped over and sat right next to Asahi with his legs dangling down normally. He then opened up the bottle and started to drink some of the water as Asahi wanted to learn more about his village. Jou was prepared to answer as soon as he finished getting a little more sips in...but what Asahi said next caused Jou to surprisingly open his eyes and nearly spat out his water...but was fortunately able to swallow it despite coughing a few times afterwards. The coughing didn't really help with his injuries, causing him to hold the side of his ribs with his free hand, but as that happened, his face was completely red for other reasons.

"N-No no...I-I'm fine...really! I-I hardly even noticed it this whole t-time!" Jou claimed before letting out a sheepish chuckle...which only served to make him wince more. Jou then groaned a bit due to this....Maybe he should let him check since
the injuries are still giving him trouble....but only because he's a medic!

Without saying anything else, Jou glanced away and placed the closed water bottle on his lap before lifting his shirt off. Jou's face was still red, his injuries no longer being at the front of his mind. Jou didn't know how long he'd be able to stay like this if he kept thinking about it...so as this happened, the young Himishi started to focus on what Asahi asked before...all of this.

"A-As for Iwakagure....I find the mountains surrounding our village to be visually pleasing." Jou claimed, thinking a little more on it. "Most of our buildings adopt a similar appearance. They are sturdy and stand tall...like the villagers that reside there." Jou claimed, starting to show just how proud of his village he really is. But...seeing himself as that was another question.

"But...you could probably imagine the amount of rocky debris that could accumulate in some areas." he added, laughing lightly. "I love my village though. Hope I can be of better use to it some day...as well as to my clan." Jou added...but with his performance so far...he was still doubting himself. "O-Oh but, what about Konohagakure?"

[REDACTED] has written 254 posts
Wrong Room (Jou)Nov 25, 2022 22:18:38 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday 6/13 rank Genin occupation Team 1 Member
SOMEDAY WE WILL CONNECT THE DOTS AND UNVEIL THE WORLD
Asahi watched Jou take in the room he was invited into and smiled at the comment about it being more him. And, after a hesitation, Jou sat next to him on the bed. Suddenly, Jou began to cough! Was he choking on the water? Maybe it 'went down the wrong pipe' as some people said. With a medic's eye, Asahi noticed Jou go to his ribs as he coughed. The made the words that followed, hard to sell.

And it seemed that Jou knew that, because after another wince, he took off his shirt. For some reason, Jou had held a red color for a bit, so Asahi gave him his attempt at a reassuring smile as he scooted closer in that still criss cross position.

He went to examine Jou as he spoke on Iwagakure. Asahi's attention was split, between his look over the boy's body and the boy's words, but just like talking to a patient, he was able to handle the split. He played back the injuries Jou received from his fight with Haruka to guide his hands.

Usually when dealing with patients, he didn't make an effort to put much care in his touch as far as things like comfort or warmth went, but with this boy it was different. Asahi's touch had warmth and compassion behind it with Jou.

Asahi started with the arm that Haruka had broken. He gently brought Jou's arm to his right hand, while he applied light pressure in certain areas with the left hand. This was to gauge how well it had healed so far. Did he feel slight discomfort or more pain than that?

As for Jou's words, Asahi could hear the pride in where he came from in them. He could also hear the doubt and longing to be "of better use" when he said it. But then he brought up the question of what Konoha was like in return. "The village hidden in the leaves, is just that, and the forests that surround it are beautiful from a view above or within," he started. As he did he slowly traced his fingers from Jou's arm to the wound on his chest and began to analyze that as he continued.

"The best way I could describe the village is a pot of stew. The village is colorful. There's a variety of people who come and go through there, and a variety of people who live there. The population as a whole is pretty...eclectic? But most who reside there, truly have that will of fire we're known for praising. It shows in their training, their heart, and their stubbornness..." Asahi said, praising the village he was here to represent, but also with a sour hint at the end.

He had run into some obstacles with his own personal pursuits at becoming more useful within his village, which was where the sour tone at the end came from. But that didn't take too much away from the genuineness of the pride he spoke with. That will of fire could be seen in people like Shigure...

Asahi's fingers gingerly traced where there was still evidence of the fuuton jutsu being used on Jou's torso. Was there still sensitivity around those wounds? His fingers went from grazing over it to pressing in certain spots, all while observing Jou's reactions underneath his touch. Asahi's face went from looking at the boy's skin and muscle, back up to meet Jou's eyes as he took a brief rest from the examination. Asahi rested his chin lightly on top of his hands and rested his hands on Jou's chest, still trying to meet his eyes.

"But honestly, every now and then, I feel out of place there. I share the same goal as you, at least village wise since we don't have a centralized Oorigami clan, but I've had some in the village present me with, obstacles. You'll probably accomplish that goal before I do," Asahi confessed, a mix of emotions in his voice, but he held his warm smile. This close, he couldn't help but hold the smile.

"Any pain or discomfort so far?"

Notes:

Tag: 

MADE BY MINNIE OF FTS & GS
Milu has written 379 posts

quick reply

compose a reply