Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!

fallen blades
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 30, 2024 15:16:53 GMT -5
Senju Kazuyuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Senju Kazuyuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday August 13th rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 1 Member/Barrier Corps Interception Division
Wish: "To see my family safe from all harm, and for Kazuto’s children to grow safely and happily.”
last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 21:06:05 GMT -5
Kitarial has written 37 posts
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 31, 2024 16:08:49 GMT -5
Takahashi Akio
Takahashi Akio Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday May 21st rank Jounin occupation

Akio stood at the edge of the village square, gazing at the towering Tanabata bamboo stalks that had mysteriously sprouted overnight. Their height was impressive, stretching towards the sky like sentinels of hope. All around him, villagers and shinobi were bustling with excitement, eager to write their wishes on the colorful tanzaku strips and tie them to the bamboo. There was a palpable energy in the air—something that felt almost magical, like anything was possible.

He watched for a moment, taking it all in, his mind wandering back to the countless hours he had spent training in the deep jungles surrounding Takigakure. Although he was gone now, Akio remembered Ryu's mastery of senjutsu as well as the raw power and talent the man had. He remembered the frustration he felt, seeing how far he still had to go to achieve that level of mastery over Sage Mode.

With a deep breath, Akio approached one of the bamboo stalks. He could feel its energy humming, almost as if it was alive, pulsing with the wishes and dreams of everyone around him. Unlike those smiling around him, a small frown tugged at his lips as he picked up a strip of tanzaku and a brush, his mind already set on what he wanted to write.

He dipped the brush in ink and began to write, his strokes careful and deliberate:

'To master Sage Mode and live up to Lord Ryu's legacy.'

Akio paused for a moment, considering his words. He knew that the road to mastering Sage Mode was long and filled with countless challenges. Yet, he felt a renewed determination in his heart. With a brief sigh his frown returned to his usual smile as he tied the tanzaku to the bamboo, watching as it swayed gently in the breeze, the colors bright against the dark green of the leaves.

He took a step back, admiring the sight of the bamboo forest adorned with countless wishes fluttering like vibrant butterflies. He wondered if this magical phenomenon would truly grant his wish, or if it was simply a moment to reaffirm his own resolve. Either way, Akio felt a sense of peace wash over him. He knew that the path of the sage was not one of haste, but of patience, understanding, and harmony.

With a final glance at the bamboo, he turned and made his way back out of the village to continue his training. There was training to be done, and if he was going to achieve his wish, he needed to get back to work. As he walked, he could feel the soft glow of the bamboo forest behind him, like a quiet promise in the night.
last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 21:09:31 GMT -5
Q has written 182 posts
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 31, 2024 17:33:02 GMT -5
Daredemo
Anybody can be a shinobi, only some can be a ninja.
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday April 2nd rank Genin occupation Team 3
DaREDEMO
    "I don't know who's listening to these, but I wish for a blade sharp enough to make my enemies bleed, to protect those in need."
last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 21:10:16 GMT -5
Tuturu has written 218 posts
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 31, 2024 17:42:36 GMT -5
Shinmen Takeshi
Strike with your heart, not your hands.
Shinmen Takeshi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday January 3rd rank Chuunin occupation Operation Team 3 Member
[attr="class","hitoshi-temp"]
[attr="class","hitoshi-hdr"]
[attr="class","hitoshi-bnr"]
[attr="class","hitoshi-anibnr"]
[attr="class","hitoshi-litebnr"]
[attr="class","hitoshi-darkbnr"]
[attr="class","hitoshi-dvdr"]
[attr="class","hitoshi-cont"]

"Damn.” Cursed Takeshi as the sounds of a festival filtered into the forge from outside. "Another failure.” By any objective metric, the sword he held in his hands wasn’t a failure. It conducted chakra, it was sharp as a poet’s wit, and it could be battered by Doton without breaking. Even still, as his orange eyes looked over the blade, Takeshi dubbed it a failure. It was tossed aside without a second thought.[break]
"Still workin’ yer forge I see.” His grandfather, dressed in robes for the festival, stepped in and grinned at Takeshi. "Cantcha just forget about work fer one day, sonny? Yer whole life’s ahead of ya. Why’re ya actin’ like yer my age? Yer sword’ll be there tomorrow.”[break]
"Gotta train.” Takeshi, bashful under his grandfather’s smile, said. "And keep tryin’.”[break]
"Well, at least go out, walk the streets. Go write a wish on one of those bamboo stalks. You’ll feel better.” Recognizing a stubborn creature when he saw one, his grandfather added: "And pick me up some stuff from the stalls.”[break]
Thus did Takeshi find himself walking through the streets of Kiri, aimlessly mingling with the festival goers. Life was good, he was young, and yet all he could focus on was the future. Finally, he came to the stalks. Pulling out a blue strip of paper, he wrote down his wish.[break]
I want to be the greatest swordsman who has ever lived.[break]
A grand wish, and one that he had to achieve for himself. There were many wishes just like it hanging from the tree, if he had to guess. There could only be one greatest swordsman, and it was not a chuunin of little renown.[break]
"Bah.” He cursed, even if voicing it aloud and getting some fresh air did make him feel better. Soon enough, he was back to working the forge.

@tag

[attr="class","hitoshi-notes"]❖ Wish: I want to be the greatest swordsman who has ever lived.
❖ more notes go here

[googlefont=Finger Paint]
[newclass="body"]background: #303030; margin: 100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hitoshi-temp"]width: 460px; background-color: #272727; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/62HXhIs.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom center; margin: auto; padding-bottom: 50px; box-shadow: 8px 8px 8px #1f1f1f; border-radius: 2px; overflow: hidden; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hitoshi-hdr"]height: 260px; width: 460px; position: relative; z-index: 1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hitoshi-bnr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/LcVJz00.jpeg"); height: 260px; width: 460px; filter: grayscale(1); position: relative; z-index: 2;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hitoshi-anibnr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/VEjesuZ.gif"); height: 260px; width: 460px; position: relative; z-index: 3; margin-top: -260px; mix-blend-mode: color-dodge;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hitoshi-litebnr"]background: #dc143c; height: 260px; width: 460px; position: relative; z-index: 4; margin-top: -260px; mix-blend-mode: color;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hitoshi-darkbnr"]background: #272727; height: 260px; width: 460px; position: relative; z-index: 5; margin-top: -260px; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hitoshi-dvdr"]width: 460px; height: 70px; background: url("https://i.imgur.com/C9VewuA.png"); margin-top: -70px; position: relative; z-index: 9; margin-bottom: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hitoshi-cont"]font: 12px calibri; font-family: Calibri, Candara, Segoe, "Segoe UI", Optima, Arial, sans-serif; letter-spacing: .5px; color: #bbb; padding: 0px 50px; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hitoshi-cont b"]color: #DC143C;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hitoshi-cont .vdice-box"]height: 80px; width: 80px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/QeaR2PV.png"); margin-bottom: -12px; border: none; box-sizing: border-box; background-color: transparent; padding-top: 20px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hitoshi-cont .vdice-value"]border: none; background: none; color: #272727; font: 800 25px Finger Paint;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hitoshi-notes"]width: 300px; padding: 20px; border: 1px solid #2a2a2a; border-radius: 10px; background: #272727; color: #bbb; font: 10px calibri; letter-spacing: .25px; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hitoshi-pkmn"]text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hitoshi-pkmn img"]background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/zgh9HN2.png"); height: 56px; width: 68px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".hitoshi-cont .audiojs"]background: #272727; color: #bbb; border: 1px solid #bbb; position: relative; z-index: 2;[/newclass]
[newclass=".hitoshi-cont .audiojs .progress"]background: #dc143c;[/newclass]
last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 21:11:47 GMT -5
Teddie has written 49 posts
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 31, 2024 18:12:58 GMT -5
Kazama Fuu
Kazama Fuu Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 24 years old birthday April 26th rank C-rank Nuke-nin occupation Tanjo Member
So we're on the road to Yuki no Kuni...I miss Miruko

"The Path finder told me about this...a time of year where a wish is given out as a show of good faith...me...what do I want...I know my wish, I wish that the Tanjo had more numbers...we're not what we used to be and it doesn't seem to be getting any better."

WORDS ● TAGGED ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 21:12:50 GMT -5
Meep has written 96 posts
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 31, 2024 18:14:44 GMT -5
Okada Taki
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Okada Taki Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

A loser like you ain't got no guts!

It had been a long nearly 4 years for the Okadan's quest and everytime she felt like she was getting closer to accomplishing her goal there was always something pushing her to the back of the line. "My wish..." she'd say as she sat perched in the compound for the gorilla sages, she'd let it fly free into the wind a tear staining the sheet of paper. "I just want my uncle back..."

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

[Heavyweight: Super Strength SA]

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

✤ | Abilities (Imperfect Enhancement)
✤ Gorilla Grip [Grip Strength]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

✤ Gorilla Press [Natural Taijutsu]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

✤ The Immovable Force [Durability]

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

0000 WORDSTAGGEDSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 21:14:55 GMT -5
Meep has written 1,722 posts
Tanabata Bamboo - Make Your Wish!Aug 31, 2024 19:01:35 GMT -5
Yutakako Katsurou
Yutakako Katsurou Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday June 27th rank Chuunin occupation Ops. Team 2
Screw you.
I'm not saying anything for this part.

Katsurou glared at the bamboo. Paced around it a few times and even debated about exploding it. He might have even cursed at it before finally leaving.

Though if one was to look they would find a simple paper clipped on the bamboo and in an elegant text on it was written: " I wish to be the sharpest sword there is."

last edit by Yoritomo on Sept 1, 2024 21:16:57 GMT -5
LazyNeko has written 15 posts